• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Neiteio

"I’m still working toward the flight module."

Damn then you haven't even been up the big waterfall in Noctilum.

The next chapters definitely bump up the difficulty, or at least make you think a little.
Ha, I spent like an hour yesterday trying to find a way up there. I'm guessing that's one area that is truly reserved for flight, huh? The giant vines over the waterfall look so tantalizing...

Game is incredible.

Ha, I spent like an hour yesterday trying to find a way up there. I'm guessing that's one area that is truly reserved for flight, huh? The giant vines over the waterfall look so tantalizing...

Game is incredible.
I'm sure one of these days somebody will figure out how to get up there without the flight module.

Neiteio

I'm sure one of these days somebody will figure out how to get up there without the flight module.
Yeah, I talk about this in my GOTY writeup and how it reminds me of reaching the rooftop of Peach's Castle without the cannon in Super Mario 64. Just last night I reached this probe site on Primordia's northwest coast by skillfully jumping up a nearly vertical rock-face. Once I got up there, I couldn't find any tunnels or walkways leading to it, so I assumed they expect you to fly there. But the jumping controls are so good that you can pull off all sorts of neat platforming feats if you put your mind to it. :)

klee123

Now that I have Ares 90, I've been farming armor pieces and weapons.

However, I've also been farming materials for the augment pieces like Potential Up XX. Some of the materials needed require 32 of them....

This is going to be a massive grind....

Malus

That feel when you buy resistance augments for ground gear instead of skell gear by mistake FUCK.

And I saved over it too before checking. I KNEW that was dumb when I did it, but I did it anyways :mad:

This was my last round of augment grinding too lol, siiiiiiiigh. At least resistance augments are cheap as anything.

edit: Got em. Had enough leftover tickets and blade medals at least. Phew.

Game is incredible.

The fact that I didn't get that area spoiled for me was a huge victory for my pre-release blackout.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Now that I have Ares 90, I've been farming armor pieces and weapons.

However, I've also been farming materials for the augment pieces like Potential Up XX. Some of the materials needed require 32 of them....

This is going to be a massive grind....
You only need 5. :D

So I beat the story. What is the natural progression path for post game? I'm grinding to 60 but it feels like there is just a huge gap in strength between me and the post game monsters

Vena

So I beat the story. What is the natural progression path for post game? I'm grinding to 60 but it feels like there is just a huge gap in strength between me and the post game monsters

Get a Frame-50 (Amdusias preferably) -> Equip a Phoenix weapon (back item, farmed north of FN406 in Sylvalum off of Puges) -> Farm Joker (tyrant, lvl 90, in the giant flower in north Noctilum) to level to 60/get BLADE tickets. That will get you to 60 very easily and get you a ton of money.

From there work on Ares-90 or Frame-60 Skell.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

There should still be a lot of normal and affinity quests that open up or you haven't gotten to yet. Personally I'm hitting those first.

Malus

Tyrant spoilers:
I love how the most powerful tyrant in all of Primordia isn't the huge Talondrake, looming over you from the gigantic Talon Rock. Instead it's on a relatively small, out of the way cliff, only appearing after you beat down a Tyrant you can barely see from your Skell.

EDIT: DOWN SHE GOES, 2nd try.

There should still be a lot of normal and affinity quests that open up or you haven't gotten to yet. Personally I'm hitting those first.

Should sprinkle the missions in between grinding sessions to liven it up a little.

Get a Frame-50 (Amdusias preferably) -> Equip a Phoenix weapon (back item, farmed north of FN406 in Sylvalum off of Puges) -> Farm Joker (tyrant, lvl 90, in the giant flower in north Noctilum) to level to 60/get BLADE tickets. That will get you to 60 very easily and get you a ton of money.

From there work on Ares-90 or Frame-60 Skell.

Will I be able to do a lvl 90 tyrant? I have 2 level 50 skells (lailah and inferno). I will get the phoenix weapon then try I suppose.

"You see, if you build momentum on this rock right here for 12 hours, you can jump forward onto there in 0.5 A presses."

:p

I'm surprised nobody has found any beneficial clipping exploits and other useful bugs/glitches, the most I know of is that weapons art bug my nephew found that doesn't even work and is probably already documented somewhere anyway.

I'm surprised nobody has found any beneficial clipping exploits and other useful bugs/glitches, the most I know of is that weapons art bug my nephew found that doesn't even work and is probably already documented somewhere anyway.

It takes time, the Tephra Cave clip in the first game wasn't found until relatively recently!

-Horizon-

There's a level 90 tyrant that is actually weak? wat

Though looking at its name lol

Can't believe I've put 150 hours into this game already :x

He's super weak.

For the record, although HP obviously isn't everything (like Gradivus, the Headless Emperor is not the toughest enemy in the game), Joker, the Unknowable has 283940 HP to Clemente, the Iron Meteor's 283464 HP

the latter is level 22

Blattas in general are complete jokes tbh

Malus

For the record, although HP obviously isn't everything (like Gradivus, the Headless Emperor is not the toughest enemy in the game), Joker, the Unknowable has 283940 HP to Clemente, the Iron Meteor's 283464 HP

the latter is level 22

I'm going to guess Clemente is a cinicula. Those things got tons of health.

Vena

the latter is level 22

Well ya, they are tiny. Size matters more than level in this game, imo.

Malus

Just read a thread on gamefaqs titled "Impressions after 100 hours":

"Still just on Chapter 2"

I hope they're lying.

Thanks for the pro-tip on the Joker farming strat. With that I'm getting super close to 60 while farming up tickets to finish off the Ares 90 at the same time. I started preparing for the Ares build sometime during Chapter 10 or something, so I had a lot of the high cost parts already. Just need a few more and then some Joker kills to get the beast.

I think I won't continue much past getting the Ares though. I don't have the desire to fight the endgame tyrants. It would be cool to see the crazy on foot damage stuff, but I don't have time for that. I'll probably get Ares 90 and play out the normal quests I find fun and then call it one hell of game. So much good stuff in here.

I didn't really have the desire to face the endgame tyrants either (not that they aren't interesting, but that grind tho), and then the game pretty much (normal mission spoilers)
forced me to do it with the Fateful Choice mission.

edit: On the last few missions and this game still is making my jaw drop.
BRING IT ON PRINCESS OF ZO. WE GOT A SCORE TO SETTLE.

omg it keeps going

this is probably my favorite mission in the game, i'm geeking out here

final edit: pffffffffffffftahahahahahahahaha of course in the end it's fucking
GWIN.
This is probably the best thing he's been a part of, it works perfectly.

final final edit: Nope, game trolled me again. I CAN ONLY BE FOOLED SO MANY TIMES GAME.

edit: Okay this quest is a lot longer than previously thought

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the pro-tip on the Joker farming strat. With that I'm getting super close to 60 while farming up tickets to finish off the Ares 90 at the same time. I started preparing for the Ares build sometime during Chapter 10 or something, so I had a lot of the high cost parts already. Just need a few more and then some Joker kills to get the beast.

I think I won't continue much past getting the Ares though. I don't have the desire to fight the endgame tyrants. It would be cool to see the crazy on foot damage stuff, but I don't have time for that. I'll probably get Ares 90 and play out the normal quests I find fun and then call it one hell of game. So much good stuff in here.

Malus

So what are reward tickets used for? I have 773.

Buying monster parts used in crafting stuff and quests.

edit: decided to go look for the last few sightseeing spots I didn't find before fighting the last superboss...
hi sandsprint cavity
...this game is magic.

Like that I found it at night too.

EulaCapra

This game might be the most needlessly complicated game I've played.

Why is day/night switching regulated to certain spots that you can't even find on the Gamepad map? Why do we have to hunt down party members to get them to switch in? I have about 30 other confounding questions but these two might be the most egregious considering Xenoblade Chronicles made it hassle-free no questions asked.

LostAnkh

I finally got my ass handed to me once I got to Chapter 9.

Looks like I should've messed around with Skells and my gear before this chapter. :(

Does anyone know which tyrant is required to survey the hexagon directly south of FN Site 413 in Sylvalum? The only one I've encountered is Dobromila, and it doesn't affect the survey rate.

Haunted

This game might be the most needlessly complicated game I've played.

Why is day/night switching regulated to certain spots that you can't even find on the Gamepad map? Why do we have to hunt down party members to get them to switch in? I have about 30 other confounding questions but these two might be the most egregious considering Xenoblade Chronicles made it hassle-free no questions asked.
The base camps are marked on the topographical map as little clocks.

The party management is atrocious and we've complained about it at length. Terrible design decision to not make use of the party reserve screen once you've unlocked a character.

Malus

The base camps are marked on the topographical map as little clocks.

The party management is atrocious and we've complained about it at length. Terrible design decision to not make use of the party reserve screen once you've unlocked a character.

I think the party management thing might be because of the new heart to heart system. Sometimes they're suddenly they're gone and you go hunting them down around town, only to find them in some alleyway playing with a dog somewhere which I think is pretty neat. I was expecting both that and the time switching stuff to bother me more than they have, but once I got used to where everything was it became 2nd nature.

They should streamline it for the next game, but I'd like to see them continue to do cool stuff like that with heart to hearts or whatever it is in the next game. It really hammers home the sense of exploration even within NLA. Many times I was running around town only to find one of the characters in the middle of something.

Renewed

Does anyone know which tyrant is required to survey the hexagon directly south of FN Site 413 in Sylvalum? The only one I've encountered is Dobromila, and it doesn't affect the survey rate.

Probably an Aetrygon (the flying piscinoids). It should appear at any time IIRC

vareon

I think the party management thing might be because of the new heart to heart system. Sometimes they're suddenly they're gone and you go hunting them down around town, only to find them in some alleyway playing with a dog somewhere which I think is pretty neat. I was expecting both that and the time switching stuff to bother me more than they have, but once I got used to where everything was it became 2nd nature.

They should streamline it for the next game, but I'd like to see them continue to do cool stuff like that with heart to hearts or whatever it is in the next game. It really hammers home the sense of exploration even within NLA. Many times I was running around town only to find one of the characters in the middle of something.

There are loads of thing I wanted in the game for the sake of convenience, but still keeping it somewhat realistic (since that's what the game trying to be, by the looks of it):

- Calling party members through phone. They can be anywhere around New LA for all we care.
- Fast travel to anywhere, but can only fast travel from basecamps. Since apparently they use choppers to extract the team, even from a dangerous location.
- Party and Skell management in basecamp
- Fast travel takes in-game time

Please let there be a sequel. There's an article in Japanese that, according to sprsk's twitter, "Japanese gamers panned XCX but western success has them confused".

Malus

- Calling party members through phone. They can be anywhere around New LA for all we care.

Yeah but they're in the middle of shit. Murderess isn't gonna come over when she's
negotiating to buy her house.
. I guess it would work whenever they're not in heart to heart mode.

Yeah but they're in the middle of shit. Murderess isn't gonna come over when she's

That would still be better than what we have now.

Example:
- *calls character*
- "Oh sorry, I'm busy playing cards at the Army Pizza"
- "Oh." *puts someone else in the party instead*

vareon

Prompt "I'm in the middle of something right now, do you really want me to come over?" then a dialogue choice. It hints the player that there's a H2H active and the character itself could hint where they are without us knowing from random citizens!

Anyway I really like Murderess' storyline. She's just....chose something too extreme for her name lol.

Malus

Prompt "I'm in the middle of something right now, do you really want me to come over?" then a dialogue choice. It hints the player that there's a H2H active and the character itself could hint where they are without us knowing from random citizens!

Anyway I really like Murderess' storyline. She's just....chose something too extreme for her name lol.

I like overhearing stuff from the citizens rather than them just outright telling us, but it'd be a fine compromise I suppose. It's also cool to see what random NLA people think of the various characters and their shenanigans.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
There are loads of thing I wanted in the game for the sake of convenience, but still keeping it somewhat realistic (since that's what the game trying to be, by the looks of it):

- Fast travel to anywhere, but can only fast travel from basecamps. Since apparently they use choppers to extract the team, even from a dangerous location.
- Party and Skell management in basecamp

Please let there be a sequel. There's an article in Japanese that, according to sprsk's twitter, "Japanese gamers panned XCX but western success has them confused".
Maybe we're just used to sub-par decisions.

vareon

I like overhearing stuff from the citizens rather than them just outright telling us, but it'd be a fine compromise I suppose. It's also cool to see what random NLA people think of the various characters and their shenanigans.

They're not mutually exclusive, but yes it's a neat idea.

The game has a lot of neat ideas that are not usually applied to games in that way. For instance, according to Iwata Asks, they equate buying a Skell to buying a car, hence the expensive repair price and insurance system. The online system is described as something like playing alone in your room but still feeling relief because you can feel your family's presence in living room.

It's cool that they build the game from ideas like that instead of a tickbox of "what every game in 2015 should have", but the downside is some of the systems are just downright weird.

Malus

They're not mutually exclusive, but yes it's a neat idea.

The game has a lot of neat ideas that are not usually applied to games in that way. For instance, according to Iwata Asks, they equate buying a Skell to buying a car, hence the expensive repair price and insurance system. The online system is described as something like playing alone in your room but still feeling relief because you can feel your family's presence in living room.

It's cool that they build the game from ideas like that instead of a tickbox of "what every game in 2015 should have", but the downside is some of the systems are just downright weird.

It's mutually exclusive to discover the heart to heart via town exploration rather than having the character tell you if you ask. In the end the hit to convenience is far too great for some and I don't blame them.

Anyways, 100% achieved. Killing Endbringer the 2nd time was a lot harder than the 1st somehow. I think I killed it before the final stage in the first go around. Made for a much more epic conclusion anyways, with the both of us at the brink of death for a good while. :')

Golnei

Speaking of which, if a sequel lets us traverse all of Mira; with the map looping at the edges, should they try to incorporate different time zones across the planet? We don't know anything about Mira's orbit or how its weird relationship with its star works, but you'd expect that to apply to some extent regardless of whether
it's in a pocket dimension or not

vareon

I loved how Go-rha, the Guardian Deity, was still a surprising ass to fight even 150hrs in and you're piloting the most uber of Skells.
NOW EAT MY BURST STREAM OF DESTRUCTI---oh shit.

It's mutually exclusive to discover the heart to heart via town exploration rather than having the character tell you if you ask. In the end the hit to convenience is far too great for some and I don't blame them.

I might misunderstand you, but what's exclusive with, say, this situation: Murderess is not at her spot, we give a call and she's "Can it wait? I'm in the middle of something", and we overhear guy saying he saw Murderess at the cafe? Immersion achieved, but there's convenience, too.

Anyway this is dragging too much into the what if territory while the game is clearly not, so I apologize.

Top Bottom