• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

So much this.

The Sylvalum one has a decision early on were you can be nice or strict to the rookie of the group and now I'm here wondering if choosing to be more strict would have helped.

Probably not T-T

Don't think you can change the outcome on that but you can get a bad ending on bihano.

There are quite a few bad ending possible normal missions. Normal missions in this game are so much more interesting.

Affinity Missions are cool cause they're voiced. Also love that there are so many. In Xenoblade 1 there was only 1 mission that was equivalent to an affinity mission.

Don't think you can change the outcome on that but you can get a bad ending on bihano.

There are quite a few bad ending possible normal missions. Normal missions in this game are so much more interesting.

Affinity Missions are cool cause they're voiced. Also love that there are so many. In Xenoblade 1 there was only 1 mission that was equivalent to an affinity mission.

I *think* I got a good ending with the Biahno one. I saved the girl, which I'm guessing is the best possible solution there.

Another one is that first Alex one where he invites a bunch of xenos to a speech he's giving... I chose to "watch" at that first prompt figuring this was supposed to happen and then he... yeah. That woke me the hell up. That's the first mission he's in so I wasn't aware of how psychotic he was. I don't know if I could have saved that first xeno or not, but that made me really upset.

Neiteio

I *think* I got a good ending with the Biahno one. I saved the girl, which I'm guessing is the best possible solution there.

Another one is that first Alex one where he invites a bunch of xenos to a speech he's giving... I chose to "watch" at that first prompt figuring this was supposed to happen and then he... yeah. That woke me the hell up. That's the first mission he's in so I wasn't aware of how psychotic he was. I don't know if I could have saved that first xeno or not, but that made me really upset.
I just did that mission.
You can save the xeno if you intervene.

Just got my level 50 skell. Woooooo! The game is clearly pushing me to just finish the story already, so I'll just go ahead and do that. lol. Then on to post game.

I just did that mission.

Crud. That xeno is listed as "Murdered" on my affinity chart. Alex pulled out a pistol and just shot him point-blank. D:

Is there a way to increase miranium drops that you get every so often? So far I max out at 6k I think...but I have probes set up to bring in way more than that.

eaise

Neo Member
Post game/ tyrant spoilers:

I am currently going after all the superbosses and am collect their holofigures to display. I got the Gradvius, I got Naracydon, I got Pharis, and I got Vortice (will get Telethia soon). But oddly the holofigure for Vortice does not use his name like the others.
Is he the superboss of Cauldros? Or is there a different tyrant that is the superboss for that continent?

Malus

I just did that mission.

I thought about doing that but I didn't want to interrupt the educational seminar they all went out of their way to attend.

Is there a way to increase miranium drops that you get every so often? So far I max out at 6k I think...but I have probes set up to bring in way more than that.

http://kutkucafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/5102.png

I'm gonna assume you don't have all the probes for this lol. But duplicator + booster + storage works well. The example is for 100k+ miranium storage.

rhandino

Banned
Maybe you placed your probes in sites that are bad for Miranium extraction? Check the "Production" stat of the site where you planted your probe.

eaise

Neo Member

Do you mean the drops themselves or the amount you are able to store?

Storing miranium is increased by storage probes. The actually amount you get is increased by mining probes. But you can't mine more than you can score

mclem

I never considered the possibility of getting the chaining bonus with *storage* nodes. That's an interesting one, and might relieve my frustration with the fact that I can at the moment only store a single 'delivery' of Miranium, with most of subsequent deliveries being wasted unless I cash them in; I have far fewer storage nodes to hand than I have mining nodes.

(On which note, as someone well outside of endgame, what should I be sinking Miranium into when I've levelled all my current AMs? It seems fairly pointless to upgrade gear I'm likely to replace in the short term)

On which note... I do have a few pieces of high-end gear from Treasure Deals, so I could upgrade those as miranium dumps for now. Which does lead to a corollary question: Can I inspect the item offered for a Treasure Deal without automatically opting in to the deal, or cancel my interest after I do?

Steejee

L's shop is just about it. You always get more miranium, so not like you're wasting it, even if you expect to upgrade soon. I actually didn't upgrade ground gear much, a gold drop could often last me twenty levels.

Otherwise it's basically just Skell fuel after you max out AMs until you get to postgame.

On that note, I really wish the game had an option in the hanger to just say 'Refuel all Skells to 100%' instead of having to refuel them 3000 at a time.

Steejee

You gotta be shitting me. Somebody got up to northern Noctilum without a flight pack (used skell jump, if he was on foot my head woulda imploded.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nESq5jyIhc

Don't watch if you haven't been there yet, obviously, and don't try this at home kids :)

Nice. I had gotten partway up sans flight pack but never made it all the way up. I definitely spent a lot of time trying to work my way into spots that were clearly intended for the flight module. Kinda wish I could turn off the flight module and just jump like before sometimes, both to save fuel and to avoid having the flight song interrupt the zone music.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So... Looking for opinions. I am on Ch.12, is it better to finish every available quest before or after ? I'm wondering if the BIG REVEAL changes the way you look at the rest of the world for the rest of the game or if its better to not know until the last possible moments of what is in Ch.12?

Malus

So... Looking for opinions. I am on Ch.12, is it better to finish every available quest before or after ? I'm wondering if the BIG REVEAL changes the way you look at the rest of the world for the rest of the game or if its better to not know until the last possible moments of what is in Ch.12?

Um...a lot of stuff does happen in the ending. You'll still get missions in post game though so you can't really finish up everything before the end anyways.

I'd also like to get opinions, what is your guys favorite song and why is it the ganglion skell battle theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvqlfTGywwM

Is there ever a point in a normal mission where "just watch and see where this is going" is a good decision? Seems like whenever that happened to me not doing something always led to bad times. So much so I started to wonder whether it was a running gag.

Pretty sure it is indeed the gag choice.

Steejee

It definitely changes the context of how you view certain quests in some pretty major ways. There's a lot of big info laid out, especially in a post-credits scene, so stick around (the credits aren't long, no Ubisofting from Monolithsoft). I feel like I did just enough side stuff before Ch 12 to see the before/after.

I had opted to wrap up the storyline fairly quick once I hit chapter 10 and I think it worked out well. The impending sense of doom that sorta kicks in around there made side quests feel a little..out of place. Like the world is ending soon but hey lets go help this Nopon with her hair recovery scheme (granted that was a quest I did post-game). After finishing 12, the big crisis the game built up has resolved, and the side quests and smaller crisis' feel a little more applicable - the relative calm after the storm. With what you learn in 12, many of them take on interesting overtones that you probably wouldn't think of for quests you already finished.

As for music, I actually really like the Cauldros Daytime theme, especially with good bass, narrowly beating out the Primorida Daytime theme. Flight song I really enjoy even if it keeps interrupting itself. Sucky part about Cauldros theme is you don't get to hear it uninterrupted much. Unless you really put off the Flight module you end up tooling around Cauldros in the air or in battle the vast majority of the time, and the zone is barely touched in the main storyline.

Capra

I just did that mission.

Is there ever a point in a normal mission where "just watch and see where this is going" is a good decision? Seems like whenever that happened to me not doing something always led to bad times. So much so I started to wonder whether it was a running gag.

I always figured it was the option meant for the joker who enjoys watching trainwrecks.

rhandino

Banned
There is one mission where you can choose to intervene or watch a conversation between 2 friends and if you watch everything goes well.

Or that other mission in which Elma is training Gwin and you can choose to intervene and say that Elma is being a little harsh or watch and learn.

But yeah, most of the time the watch options only leads to disaster. Especially if you see a dead nopon near a person =P

Steejee

On the other hand Nopon and Ma-non seem to have absolutely no sense of self preservation.

I'm pretty sure Nopon rely on a 'Breed faster than they can eat you' survival strategy.

You gotta be shitting me. Somebody got up to northern Noctilum without a flight pack (used skell jump, if he was on foot my head woulda imploded): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nESq5jyIhc

Don't watch if you haven't been there yet, obviously, and don't try this at home kids :)
wellthereitis.gif

Spoiler for those that haven't beaten the story
this would mean that it would be possible to play all of the endgame content with Lao in your party given enough grinding.

Tried making my skell look like Jehuty from Zone of the Enders and Hikarus VF1J from Macross
gchbSlw.jpg

Toth

So finishing up Chapter 11 and I realized that the game really needed more dungeons. A real missed opportunity IMHO. I know you could say getting to the mission spots throughout the story could constitute 'dungeons' but I would have loved some real forays like Chapter 11 provided.

Also, the ground game is soooo much more deflating after the highs of Skell combat. I wonder if the game would have been a bit better if Skells had far less fuel available pre-post game, meaning fighting as Skells and flat-out dominating could only be done on fewer occasions, forcing more use of your ground troops for smaller mobs and mastering your abilities. After you beat the game, then your skells would receive those huge fuel tanks like they have from 30+.

I didn't realize skells could get that big, btw.
I think that's just perspective at work. All of the Skells are roughly the same height and the heavier skells just have more armor on their frame.

I believe that is a Lailah

Neiteio

I think that's just perspective at work. All of the Skells are roughly the same height and the heavier skells just have more armor on their frame.

I believe that is a Lailah
At first I thought it wasn't a perspective trick because the feet appear to be lined up, but now I'm noticing that the wings of the skell on the left are in front of the skell on the right, so you're probably right.

Anyone know if there's a way to recolor individual skell weapons?

Weebos

Banned
I'm stalling on Chapter 10, is there a recommended level for that chapter through to the end of the game?

I'm around level 35 and I have 3 level 30 skells and one 20.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm stalling on Chapter 10, is there a recommended level for that chapter through to the end of the game?

That seems low to me, but since there is so much variance at when people do the story missions its hard to say. You will probably have lots of trouble with the last few chapters at that level though. I'd recommend running around NLA and grabbing as many Normal Missions as you can find (there are lots that open up around 10/11/12) and doing some of those to level if you don't like grinding for the levels.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

45 should be enough to beat it, if you go into the final fight with level 50 skells it's overkill.

If you're stuck on
Zu Pharag
then just use beam weapons and focus on the dishes on the sides.

Steejee

Final boss was a challenge with one level 50 skell and rest level 30s, so you might be pushing it, though I don't remember what difficulty I have it on.

So finishing up Chapter 11 and I realized that the game really needed more dungeons. A real missed opportunity IMHO. I know you could say getting to the mission spots throughout the story could constitute 'dungeons' but I would have loved some real forays like Chapter 11 provided.

Also, the ground game is soooo much more deflating after the highs of Skell combat. I wonder if the game would have been a bit better if Skells had far less fuel available pre-post game, meaning fighting as Skells and flat-out dominating could only be done on fewer occasions, forcing more use of your ground troops for smaller mobs and mastering your abilities. After you beat the game, then your skells would receive those huge fuel tanks like they have from 30+.

I had the same reaction to Chapter 11. Combination 'This game really needed to make use of close in spaces on foot more' and 'Why haven't we been in Cauldros for the main story a bunch?'. I'm really surprised they didn't kick you out of your Skell more often than they did.

Weebos

Banned
That seems low to me, but since there is so much variance at when people do the story missions its hard to say. You will probably have lots of trouble with the last few chapters at that level though. I'd recommend running around NLA and grabbing as many Normal Missions as you can find (there are lots that open up around 10/11/12) and doing some of those to level if you don't like grinding for the levels.

Yeah, I've been doing that a bit. I made the mistake of just jumping into Chapter 10, otherwise I would be doing some affinity missions as well.

45 should be enough to beat it, if you go into the final fight with level 50 skells it's overkill.

If you're stuck on
Zu Pharag
then just use beam weapons and focus on the dishes on the sides.

Thanks, yeah that boss is who I am having trouble with. I'll grind a bit more and give it another shot.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks, yeah that boss is who I am having trouble with. I'll grind a bit more and give it another shot.

That fight has less to do with level, since you're in skells, and more to do with strategy. So long as you've got 3 level 30 skells loaded up with beam weapons, and you target appendages, you'll be fine.

I took a break for a few days now

got tired of not being able to beat super Tyrants

I got so many areas stuck at 97-98% due to them

I want to try and get something done today

Ulysses 31

I took a break for a few days now

got tired of not being able to beat super Tyrants

I got so many areas stuck at 97-98% due to them

I want to try and get something done today

Are you trying them solo?

I made a squad of Ares 90s with Ether Dmg on frame and Weapon Attack Up XX on superweapons and they weaken tyrants enough for me to finish them off at the end.

Are you trying them solo?

I made a squad of Ares 90s with Ether Dmg on frame and Weapon Attack Up XX on superweapons and they weaken tyrants enough for me to finish them off at the end.

ah yeah I need to make 3 more A90s then

I still can't beat that one dude in the cave you have to fight on foot that give an Ether sword :(

another thing is I can't change my class although they are all maxed out I can change weapons but I want to change classes to get the most skills to test for on foot

my goal is a Solo unbeatable broken cross I've seen videos but for some reason or other I can't seem to make it work

I'll go grind for A90s I wish I could go get parts to sell for tickets but Nooo, where is that Global Nemesis at? They need to keep that thing around

Malus

Eh, I'm glad they didn't have more dungeons in this game. In the first game dungeons just felt like enclosed, ugly versions of the overworld areas with more enemies and were some of the lowest points of the game for me. I actually liked the
dungeon in Cauldros
because it was relatively short and sweet, and hidden within the overworld rather than a big whole area by itself. Same goes for the caves.

Also there is a bit of a "ground combat master race" phenomenon lol. Here is a video of someone beating the Endbringer on foot (spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQCV1wSCSgM

Eh, I'm glad they didn't have more dungeons in this game. In the first game dungeons just felt like enclosed, ugly versions of the overworld areas with more enemies and were some of the lowest points of the game for me. I actually liked the dungeon in Cauldros because it was relatively short and sweet, and hidden within the overworld rather than a big whole area by itself. Same goes for the caves.

Also there is a bit of a "ground combat master race" phenomenon lol. Here is a video of someone beating the Endbringer on foot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQCV1wSCSgM
This is what I want to pull off, just doing the game on ground instead of one shotting everything.

Malus

On the other hand Nopon and Ma-non seem to have absolutely no sense of self preservation.

I'm pretty sure Nopon rely on a 'Breed faster than they can eat you' survival strategy.

One of the item descriptions literally confirms them to be lemmings.

Awesome color schemes!

I didn't realize skells could get that big, btw. What model is the one on the left?

Also, is there a way to recolor individual weapons on the skell?

The left is the Lailah. I don't think you can color weapons, I wish you could.

Also the right skell is positioned a little behind, that's why it looks smaller.

I still can't beat that one dude in the cave you have to fight on foot that give an Ether sword :(

Why not using the ultra diamond spatha longsword from meredith.co if you want to make an ether based blossom dancer? You can save your time to farm for potential up XX, appendage crusher and weapon power up XX instead of the ether katana.
Go for 800+ potential and stack 4-5 appendage crusher and you're going to be more powerful than the most blossom dancer out there tbh.
The highest damage output I've got with meredith ether longsword was 8 million in a single hit, and it took down Gradivus in 1 minute. That's not bad for a longsword with 288 attack.

Capra

So I got a little too adventurous with my new Deus Crusher and now I've run out of Skell insurance for the first time.

So... Should I try to just sell it and get a replacement or what. Can you even sell a totaled Skell?

Top Bottom