• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Xenoboy

Today I'm gonna be able to play again! For the first time in 1 and a half week. I hope to finish some quests and maybe start missions 11 today!

tbd

Does anyone else think monster material droprates are way too low? Or do I just have too high standards only going for the best augments?

How helpful is it anyway to wear that manon company armor that apparently gives you higher droprates? Or help from Reclaimers. And do I still get higher droprates when I let some other guy in my team that I'm not controlling wear the armor with the droprate effect? And if I'd get everyone in the team this armor, wouldn't this help a lot?

Eggs or stuff like red brandy are a huge PITA to farm so far.

Only one chapter left to go!

Exploring Cauldros is intimidating. One reason is that I'm built for engaging Ganglion, not indigins. Just going to finish the story portion and get back to the fun part of the game!

mAcOdIn

Does anyone else think monster material droprates are way too low? Or do I just have too high standards only going for the best augments?

How helpful is it anyway to wear that manon company armor that apparently gives you higher droprates? Or help from Reclaimers. And do I still get higher droprates when I let some other guy in my team that I'm not controlling wear the armor with the droprate effect? And if I'd get everyone in the team this armor, wouldn't this help a lot?

Two things, Treasure Sensor helps a ton! And break appendages because certain things only drop from certain appendages.

The Treasure Sensor cap for your party is 100%, considering the best purchasable C&C armor comes with Treasure Sensor VI(6%) you basically need the whole gang clad in that shit to reach the cap. And yes, scouts wearing armor with Trease Sensor count towards the cap.

Once you get to the region with the spores, Sylvania or whatever you can farm some SSM-XXR140ME M-Missile for your skell. These weapons target appendages, even appendages not targeted. You want two. Depending on how invested you are in farming shit you want to get two with the built in augment that increases the magazine size. Bigger magazine means more missiles per volley which means more damage and more missiles to hit appendages. Later in the final area, Cauldros you can get a 150/or 160 version that does more damage.

Lastly though, if you're just farming shit for random quests from the job board I would only accept those missions when you already have the drops and focus on bounties and social missions.

Not sure how the Reclaimer bonus applies, sorry.

Neiteio

FINALLY! I have conquered Divine Roost — this game's Mount Everest — and I climbed to the top without the flight pack:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dluvl.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bbsbi.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01a2sgl.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01phphb.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01oluyh.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01qyuwb.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01e8o4r.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01j3s6q.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vmq57.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01eyrrb.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uqquj.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01djuey.jpg

klee123

Nice pics!

I've been farming mats for the Ether Blossom Dance build and despite not even close to getting all the optimal augments (I've only managed to get 1 of the XX pieces so far) I'm amazed at how powerful this build is compared to my previous build which was just Assault Rifle + Longsword.

I can really see myself playing this game for hundreds of hours simply due to the amount of options available in terms weapon combinations.

Also made my second Ares 90 and now thinking of farming for a normal lvl 60 skell and a super weapon. What's recommended?

that sounds good

will give it a grind :)

Start with Art gain: TP augments*3 and appendage crusher*1.
Then just put it in your weapon.

Here's an example of the ultra cheapass set to beat Lugalbanda, (all you can buy in the shop except the augments lol)

Class: Mastermind
Art: Offensive Stance, Zero Zero, Primer, Ghostwalker, Magnum Edge, Tornado Blade, True Stream Edge, Blossom Dance.
Skill: High Tension, Core Crusher, Inner Search, Secondary Accel.

You only need to put 3 slots in longsword and 1 slot in dual gun.

set in action said:

Cheaper than instant noodles lol

Steejee

I've been wondering how a XCX speedrun would work out. The story missions are short enough that you wouldn't even need to find shortcuts in them, just need a way to be strong enough to beat them.

If you could rocket right to an OP build and find a way to skip the flight module and skell license maybe you could cut it pretty short.

If you could rocket right to an OP build and find a way to skip the flight module and skell license maybe you could cut it pretty short.

One of the requirements for the last chapter to even begin is to have the flight module. Unless you glitched your way through that or something, I'm not sure how you'd do it. I'm hardly an expert though, so what do I know.

Steejee

One of the requirements for the last chapter to even begin is to have the flight module. Unless you glitched your way through that or something, I'm not sure how you'd do it. I'm hardly an expert though, so what do I know.

Yeah that's what I meant by skipping it, like wrong-warp style. Given how insane the FFVII skip is, you never know..

Even without a warp, an optimized XCX run could be relatively quick.

rhandino

Banned
This quest about trying to revive the Great Tree is a mess. A MESS!

FINALLY! I have conquered Divine Roost — this game's Mount Everest — and I climbed to the top without the flight pack:
God... this is insane.

yqPONwo.gif

I tried that for like an hour and gave up, mostly because I was one chapter away from the flight module. Congrats.

God... this is insane.

yqPONwo.gif

I tried that for like an hour and gave up, mostly because I was one chapter away from the flight module. Congrats.

Once you know how, you just have to be patient and/or savescum :p

Golnei

I went through it with the vague idea that the Orphe
would mutate at some point
but with no further information, so I expected
the betaforms to be some combination of plant and flesh, with the Prone being divided as to whether they should treated as objects of worship or defilers of their faith
. Which I would have preferred to what we actually got - I didn't mind the sidequest ending with the Orphe discovering
the wonders of BDSM
, but the
actual betaforms
ended up being significantly less interesting.

rhandino

Banned
I went through it with the vague idea that the Orphe
would mutate at some point
but with no further information, so I expected
the betaforms to be some combination of plant and flesh, with the Prone being divided as to whether they should treated as objects of worship or defilers of their faith
. Which I would have preferred to what we actually got - I didn't mind the sidequest ending with the Orphe discovering
the wonders of BDSM
, but the
actual betaforms
ended up being significantly less interesting.
Oops! Are there 2 quests with similiar premise? I was talking about the one in which a Prone managed to save a seed of their Great Tree and was trying to make it grow in NLA, an Orphe helped you both only to
eat it because it looked delicious and after being punched he is more or less forced to help you to create a new one only to be eaten again by another Orphe that was around.

Golnei

Oops! Are there 2 quests with similiar premise? I was talking about the one in which a Prone managed to save a seed of their Great Tree and was trying to make it grow in NLA, an Orphe helped you both only to
eat it
because it looked delicious and after being punched he is more or less forced to help you to create a new one only to
be eaten again
by another Orphe that was around.

No, they're two separate quests. I was just vaguely spoiled on the other one earlier, and thought the Great Tree quest would end differently because of it.

Golnei

Are the post game affinity missions worth doing?

Murderess' one is pretty well done; but Lin's is just another continuation of the Tatsu = food joke. You might as well do them both, considering they're fairly short and easy. L's one might force you to buy some materials with reward tickets, but if you can spare them; it's fairly brief as well.

The final one might be the one you have to skip, seeing as it has a slight bump in difficulty, and doesn't offer much in terms of payoff.

Yeah that's what I meant by skipping it, like wrong-warp style. Given how insane the FFVII skip is, you never know..

Even without a warp, an optimized XCX run could be relatively quick.

Given that the final location doesn't even spawn until you start chapter 12, it would require a really weird sequence break, and I'm not expecting one tbh.

But how fast is "relatively quick" for you, the new WR is 8:04:01 and sub-8 is gonna be happening really soon cause it's not like this is that optimized

Steejee

Given that the final location doesn't even spawn until you start chapter 12, it would require a really weird sequence break, and I'm not expecting one tbh.

But how fast is "relatively quick" for you, the new WR is 8:04:01 and sub-8 is gonna be happening really soon cause it's not like this is that optimized

Well, 'Relatively Quick' in an RPG sense, like the 4-5 hour runs you see at GDQ events for the various Final Fantasies.

Weebos

Banned
Beat Chapter 10, something happened at the end (Sylvalum storm?) and I couldn't see anything at all, I just kept spamming buttons, but it all worked out. I was the only one in a skell at the end, but the rest of my party didn't die.

Now I'm running Affinity Missions and Normal Missions for days. I'm at 38 now, I would like to get to 44 and recruit Celica (and maybe Mia?) before chapter 11.

Which one is that? I don't see a level 17 blatta tyrant on the spreadsheet.

Farming CEXP on a tyrant doesn't sound particularly efficient either...
It was called Sneaking Blatta (and the level varied, oops) and there were actually multiple ones in one spot which might be why they tried it.

Red Brandy is a 100% drop if you destroy the appendage on their lower belly on foot.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Finished the Collectopaedia this weekend, not really seeing much in the way of new normal missions anymore in the mission terminal so I'm thinking I'm almost at the end of those too...

but I'm having a ton of trouble with Definian Downfall. I'm at level 58 and I can't really seem to get a foothold against the boss. I equipped a bunch of beam protector armor and that seemed to help me survive, but my damage was so pitiful. I'm thinking of just grinding to 60 and buying the best weapons/armor in the shop.

Also how do you unlock more gravity damage booster augments? I haven't really focused on the crafting/augment systems since I'm not really a fan of these kinds of systems in RPGs. I can't even tell what enemy affinity is after 110 hours of playing this :p

Well I figured out some things despite my post being ignored a few pages back. Just completed Chapter 5. Seems oddly appropriate my main character is a recreation of Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell now.

Going over what I asked before, some things I learned, but some things still confuse me. I could REALLY use some help guys, pretty please.

How do weapon, soul, and other Augments work? I see that you use various materials to make what are essentially the Gems from the first Xenoblade, but I see nothing regarding how to equip them.

Okay so I get that weapons and armor you get in battles will tend to come with "Empty Slots" At first I thought that's how you equipped Skills, but I still don't know how Soul Voice Augments work. Also if Empty Slots don't apply to Skills, how DO you get extra skill slots? Is it just a matter of Leveling up or what?

Are there any good tips or maybe a guide as to the pros and cons of different armor? Weapons I can see are pretty straight forward, but all the different effects of armor are a bit daunting.

Yeah still wondering about this. Just completing Chapter 5, I assume there are even more Armor/Weapon Manufacturers that will be added later? Like I said, if there's a good, basic pros and cons list of different armors, that would be great.

Is there some kind of GAF online group I can join? I'm in Pathfinders right now, and when I boot up the game I get the notice about which Squad I can join, the one focusing on Single Player, the one for Multiplayer, and the one with Friends. I've tried the first two and don't really notice a difference. I have no quests to do, and the one I tried joining was that large Dragon Boss that's nowhere near close to being fightable. And I have no idea how those Squad tasks that show in the bottom right are supposed to work. Or is it still just way too early for me and doing any of that stuff?

Still wondering about this too. Also speaking of Online stuff, how the heck do you use those special Division Reward consumables like the ones that increase tension or heal your party?

novenD

Okay so I get that weapons and armor you get in battles will tend to come with "Empty Slots" At first I thought that's how you equipped Skills, but I still don't know how Soul Voice Augments work. Also if Empty Slots don't apply to Skills, how DO you get extra skill slots? Is it just a matter of Leveling up or what?

Soul Voice Augments increase the chance that you'll get the Soul Voice prompt the aug is named after. For instance, if the Soul Voice Augment is "Danger Surge Up VI", the chance that the Danger Surge Soul Voice prompt will appear when your HP gets low is increased.

The number of Skill Slots you have is affected by your class. If you check the Class menu, you should be able to see your current class and how many slots that gives you. Generally speaking, Higher tier classes give you more skill slots.

Yeah still wondering about this. Just completing Chapter 5, I assume there are even more Armor/Weapon Manufacturers that will be added later? Like I said, if there's a good, basic pros and cons list of different armors, that would be great.

Yeah, as you progress through the story and complete different side missions, new AMs will unlock. The Manage AM screen in Armory Alley usually gives you an overview of the kind of stats a particular AM's kit emphasizes.

Otherwise, here's a sort of reductive list of armor differences:
1. Lighter armor generally has more battle traits and augment slots than heavier armor.
2. Lighter armor has higher resistance to Gravity attribute damage than heavier armor.
3. Heavier armor generally gives more raw defense than lighter armor.

Also speaking of Online stuff, how the heck do you use those special Division Reward consumables like the ones that increase tension or heal your party?

You can use the consumables by pressing start once you're in a fight and then pressing X until the menu cycles to the consumable screen.

-Horizon-

Well I figured out some things despite my post being ignored a few pages back. Just completed Chapter 5. Seems oddly appropriate my main character is a recreation of Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell now.

Going over what I asked before, some things I learned, but some things still confuse me. I could REALLY use some help guys, pretty please.

How do weapon, soul, and other Augments work? I see that you use various materials to make what are essentially the Gems from the first Xenoblade, but I see nothing regarding how to equip them.

Are there any good tips or maybe a guide as to the pros and cons of different armor? Weapons I can see are pretty straight forward, but all the different effects of armor are a bit daunting.

Is there some kind of GAF online group I can join? I'm in Pathfinders right now, and when I boot up the game I get the notice about which Squad I can join, the one focusing on Single Player, the one for Multiplayer, and the one with Friends. I've tried the first two and don't really notice a difference. I have no quests to do, and the one I tried joining was that large Dragon Boss that's nowhere near close to being fightable. And I have no idea how those Squad tasks that show in the bottom right are supposed to work. Or is it still just way too early for me and doing any of that stuff?

Still wondering about this too. Also speaking of Online stuff, how the heck do you use those special Division Reward consumables like the ones that increase tension or heal your party?

Augments can be set when you go into party->ground gear->select whatever character->and then for whatever weapon you want to add an augment you highlight it (not press) and you hit Y I think to bring up the side menu to set an augment for it.
You can also do that for armor as well. Augments are usually weapons only or armor only.

There will be a mission around the armory alley area that has to do with getting a certain percentage of survey rate in Oblivia (30% I recall) that will unlock a machine that you can use your miranium to add more augment slots on your weapons or armor.

And you don't really get more skill slots for your character. The amount of skill slots you have depend on the class of your character. Its why some people like Drifter the most because it has 5 skill slots. What you can do is just max out each class so you can get the skills you want and then switch to drifter and put the ones you like.

Renewed

Soul Voice augments are identified by Surge. All it does is increase the chance of that Soul Voice activating (Incapacitation, start with Art, low health, etc.) Empty slots are where you put the augments you craft at the terminal next to the market terminal. You can add slots to gear after completing a mission involving L that requires you to survey 30% of Oblivia. And slots in the Skills area are determined by class. Drifter has the most at 5 so you master the other classes and bring it all back to Drifter if you feel the skill slots outweigh the class bonuses.

For armour, all you need to look at are these things: defence value depending on light/medium/heavy, the battle traits it comes with (up to 3 preset, but those traits will be random according to the specific gear. Sakuraba and Grenada gear tend to have some battle traits you see more on each). Also important would be attribute resistance (Physical, Beam, Ether, Thermal, Electric and Gravity) because if you can stack enough of a type of attribute, you'll bring an enemy's attack of that type down to 1 damage. You'll notice that the lighter the armour, the higher the gravity defence. If you're confused about what a certain battle trait might be, go to the terminal where you can make augments and access "upgrade battle traits" then pick the gear. It'll show you what each trait does.

The only reason for choosing which type of squad to join is so you can prioritize what you want to do with other people. If you want to focus on single player for the most part, you pick Lifehold. If you want to focus on multiplayer for the most part, pick Conquest.

When you see missions like the level 60 Yggy or level 30 Telly, those are for people who are prepared to take those fights on and do as much damage as possible without dying. Or they just break appendages and trade them in for reward tickets. I don't think you need to worry about that yet.

For the squad tasks you see pop up on the bottom right, those are different things you can do to help complete the overall tasks for the squad. You hold R and tap L to see what each task is (ie. kill 8 Forfex, or collect 5 Fruits). From the OT, here's a list of tasks. As each task is complete, a new mission is added to the "Squad Missions" tab at the Network Terminal in BLADE Barracks. Those missions can grant you some extra reward tickets and a good chunk of materials related to the mission. It also lets you invite other players who may be interested to join you in completing the missions.

You use division reward items that help in battle during combat. Press (+) and then press X to go over to consumable items. The items that give credits can be sold through inventory.

I finally started playing this and wow this is a dense game. I'm about 15 hours in, and working on Chapter 5 right now. In some ways, it's kind of fucking bizzare. The weird sit-com feel to a lot of the story stuff, the strange score, the fact that I'm hanging out with a 13 year old. Maybe I don't watch enough anime.

But the scope of the world, the scale of the world and content, the focus on exploration, it's all really really doing it for me. I can't wait to get a Skell.

Neiteio

God... this is insane.

yqPONwo.gif

It took me like three hours, and I was using a video guide. Ended up taking a slightly different path at the end. Some of the trickiest platforming I've ever done. I'd like to see someone do it quickly without resetting to a save point. It's maddening!

-Horizon-

I finally started playing this and wow this is a dense game. I'm about 15 hours in, and working on Chapter 5 right now. In some ways, it's kind of fucking bizzare. The weird sit-com feel to a lot of the story stuff, the strange score, the fact that I'm hanging out with a 13 year old. Maybe I don't watch enough anime.

But the scope of the world, the scale of the world and content, the focus on exploration, it's all really really doing it for me. I can't wait to get a Skell.

By the end of the game, I found Lin to be the best character in the game. Her voice actress just delivers.

Malus

It took me like three hours, and I was using a video guide. Ended up taking a slightly different path at the end. Some of the trickiest platforming I've ever done. I'd like to see someone do it quickly without resetting to a save point. It's maddening!

That's why you gotta listen to Melancholia (the choose your squad theme) every time you load your save for motivation.

ANYONE CAN ALTER SITUATIONS

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Are all the Normal Missions available before finishing Ch 12 or are some unlocked postgame?

Some do require Chapter 12 to be completed but the VAST quantity can be done before Chapter 12 (you might be severely under-leveled, but the game will be super happy to let you try).

By the end of the game, I found Lin to be the best character in the game. Her voice actress just delivers.

Yeah, I already really dig Lin. Cassandra Lee Morris really does one of the best child characters I've seen/heard. Not shrill or whiny, just very likable (her picking on Tatsu wears a LITTLE thin, but then Tatsu isn't anywhere close to as awesome as Riki). I really adored her as Edea in Bravely Default too.

Soul Voice augments are identified by Surge. All it does is increase the chance of that Soul Voice activating (Incapacitation, start with Art, low health, etc.) Empty slots are where you put the augments you craft at the terminal next to the market terminal. You can add slots to gear after completing a mission involving L that requires you to survey 30% of Oblivia. And slots in the Skills area are determined by class. Drifter has the most at 5 so you master the other classes and bring it all back to Drifter if you feel the skill slots outweigh the class bonuses.

For armour, all you need to look at are these things: defence value depending on light/medium/heavy, the battle traits it comes with (up to 3 preset, but those traits will be random according to the specific gear. Sakuraba and Grenada gear tend to have some battle traits you see more on each). Also important would be attribute resistance (Physical, Beam, Ether, Thermal, Electric and Gravity) because if you can stack enough of a type of attribute, you'll bring an enemy's attack of that type down to 1 damage. You'll notice that the lighter the armour, the higher the gravity defence. If you're confused about what a certain battle trait might be, go to the terminal where you can make augments and access "upgrade battle traits" then pick the gear. It'll show you what each trait does.

The only reason for choosing which type of squad to join is so you can prioritize what you want to do with other people. If you want to focus on single player for the most part, you pick Lifehold. If you want to focus on multiplayer for the most part, pick Conquest.

When you see missions like the level 60 Yggy or level 30 Telly, those are for people who are prepared to take those fights on and do as much damage as possible without dying. Or they just break appendages and trade them in for reward tickets. I don't think you need to worry about that yet.

For the squad tasks you see pop up on the bottom right, those are different things you can do to help complete the overall tasks for the squad. You hold R and tap L to see what each task is (ie. kill 8 Forfex, or collect 5 Fruits). From the OT, here's a list of tasks. As each task is complete, a new mission is added to the "Squad Missions" tab at the Network Terminal in BLADE Barracks. Those missions can grant you some extra reward tickets and a good chunk of materials related to the mission. It also lets you invite other players who may be interested to join you in completing the missions.

You use division reward items that help in battle during combat. Press (+) and then press X to go over to consumable items. The items that give credits can be sold through inventory.

Thank you so much, it's really easy to miss those specific button commands on menus because the text is so small, and I've only got a 37" 1080p TV.

Huge help guys, thanks!

There will be a mission around the armory alley area that has to do with getting a certain percentage of survey rate in Oblivia (30% I recall) that will unlock a machine that you can use your miranium to add more augment slots on your weapons or armor.

I just started that mission too. Good to know, thanks!

Top Bottom