• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

So, 300+ hours later and I've found a fix for my loading problems (it taking ages for enemies to load when travelling by Skell or fast travelling etc despite playing the download version).

Basically the problem is the Wii U is set to put my external hard drive to sleep when not in use to save power (by default) and it takes time to spin back up, causing the loading problems. There's a hidden option to switch it so that it never put the hard drive to sleep while the console is on. To do that, go to data management on the Wii U's options screen, hold down on the D-Pad and the + and - buttons. After a second or two the option will pop up.

Hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, 300+ hours later and I've found a fix for my loading problems (it taking ages for enemies to load when travelling by Skell or fast travelling etc despite playing the download version).

Basically the problem is the Wii U is set to put my external hard drive to sleep when not in use to save power (by default) and it takes time to spin back up, causing the loading problems. There's a hidden option to switch it so that it never put the hard drive to sleep while the console is on. To do that, go to data management on the Wii U's options screen, hold down on the D-Pad and the + and - buttons. After a second or two the option will pop up.

Hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

Are you using a y-cable?

seriously guys is this a glitch?

WVW69izrd5ASgUER6v

can't change classes at all

want to go down to drifter for 5 Skills

25 hours in and just got my Skell License (screw those three damn beagflea squashes....only thing of all 8 exams that stopped my progress till I found the caravan lake). Seems far lower than other people's times but there is so much stuff to do in the game that I am kinda streamlining it by mostly doing Story Missions, probe installations, and Affinity Quests. I'm bypassing tons of other things but don't particularly mind. Skell is a joy to maneuver and I am so glad I decided to wait till I had one to really starting my probing and map exploration in earnest. The added speed while driving and Skell jump makes things far easier. Can't wait to fly!

Currently finishing up Chapter 7. I am pretty angry that I had a couple big plot twists spoiled for me in that "is XBCX supposed to be this boring?" thread in Gaming. Almost made me want to quit the game but I find exploration to be so fun that I won't let it get to me too much. It's probably my fault for sitting on the game even though I purchased at launch.

Malus

25 hours in and just got my Skell License (screw those three damn beagflea squashes....only thing of all 8 exams that stopped my progress till I found the caravan lake). Seems far lower than other people's times but there is so much stuff to do in the game that I am kinda streamlining it by mostly doing Story Missions, probe installations, and Affinity Quests. I'm bypassing tons of other things but don't particularly mind. Skell is a joy to maneuver and I am so glad I decided to wait till I had one to really starting my probing and map exploration in earnest. The added speed while driving and Skell jump makes things far easier. Can't wait to fly!

Currently finishing up Chapter 7. I am pretty angry that I had a couple big plot twists spoiled for me in that "is XBCX supposed to be this boring?" thread in Gaming. Almost made me want to quit the game but I find exploration to be so fun that I won't let it get to me too much. It's probably my fault for sitting on the game even though I purchased at launch.

I really recommend trying Normal Missions or you'll be missing out on a lot of stuff.

That's really strange. I guess even resetting the game doesn't help either?

I dunno. I'm pretty sure you aren't using one of the other characters, other than that I'm stumped.

I have no clue
reset, turn off console, go back in, go solo, set up all drifter arts, grind BP, nothing has worked

I had this issue before I maxed everything but it got unstuck somehow I thought I need points to switch

but now maxed can't move back or change to any classes just stuck

just rested again nothing

Malus

I have no clue
reset, turn off console, go back in, go solo, set up all drifter arts, grind BP, nothing has worked

I had this issue before I maxed everything but it got unstuck somehow I thought I need points to switch

You must be the Chosen Duelist.

Try asking gamefaqs.

Wow that is pretty messed up to be locked out of everything else now.
The game has its share of bugs so I'm hoping this is just a temporary thing and it'll work again for you later.
I've had the menu not open for a few minutes when I was playing the game near the beginning.

I was always skeptical of the reviewers going, "No glitches everybody!" But I guess it's easy to imagine a glitchless run.

I feel pretty much lied to when it comes to reports of the performance though. Gamexplain straight up says it never drops frames, which is blatantly false.

-Horizon-

I have no clue

The game has its share of bugs so I'm hoping this is just a temporary thing and it'll work again for you later.
I've had the menu not open for a few minutes when I was playing the game near the beginning.

I am only really locked out of Skill Slots limited to just the 3 for Duelist
since I already maxed out I can use anything just cannot use 5 Skill Slots that video link above showed to breeze beat a boss I have trouble with so I am locked out of that build

I tweeted at NoA, JohnTV and TrinTran

maybe this is a missed glitch like that Affinity Chart lock up I heard about

You must be the Chosen Duelist.

Try asking gamefaqs.

I was always skeptical of the reviewers going, "No glitches everybody!" But I guess it's easy to imagine a glitchless run.

I feel pretty much lied to when it comes to reports of the performance though. Gamexplain straight up says it never drops frames, which is blatantly false.

to be fair I was 400 hours in when I first started to get locked up Classes
now at 530 hours when I noticed it is an issue not something I am doing wrong

so reviewers would have to put that kind of time in to break it how I did I guess

Malus

I haven't beaten the game yet, but I haven't noticed any performance drops

They're there, whether you notice them or not. Sometimes pretty significant hitches, sometimes extended periods where the game is just running slower. Maybe it's my Wii U, but it's much easier to believe that this big open world game that already has clear graphical sacrifices also has framerate problems.

I really recommend trying Normal Missions or you'll be missing out on a lot of stuff.

I'll keep that in mind next time I play. This game has so much to do though that I often feel overwhelmed. It's like I avoid content because of the time investment/getting addicted to it even though I know it would probably be helpful stuff to do in the long-run. Guess I will take your advice and step out of my comfort zone a bit and dig into normal missions before I get much farther.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They're there, whether you notice them or not. Sometimes pretty significant hitches, sometimes extended periods where the game is just running slower. Maybe it's my Wii U, but it's much easier to believe that this big open world game that already has clear graphical sacrifices also has framerate problems.

I've never seen anything like that and I have beaten the game.

I was able to beat it just now while missing 2 out of the 5 Skills in that video
I just used augments to double all the stats he had on there and surrounded the cave area with battle probes to offset the missing skills

stupid boss did not drop a katana :(
going to keep at it until I get a gold one

Just curious, did you turn the control guidance off in the display setting menu? If not then it probably a glitch.

There should be a button guidance at the bottom right of your screen if you're using default setting.

Like this

nah you get the lower right to change by pressing X instead of A
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk1eMStrA

I can see that just fine
still stuck can't change classes

Renewed

I noticed a few dips in frame rate during my playthrough and it usually happened while I was in my Skell driving along. There were a couple of cases where it happened on-foot. I just stopped for a moment and everything was fine afterwards. I installed the data packs.

Malus

It drops in NLA, it drops when an enemy uses a big attack, it drops when flying the skell through specific sections/circumstances, it drops when driving through specific sections/circumstances.

I guess it can vary from experience to experience, and some people notice it more, but there are framerate issues.

I noticed a few dips in frame rate during my playthrough and it usually happened while I was in my Skell driving along. There were a couple of cases where it happened on-foot. I just stopped for a moment and everything was fine afterwards. I installed the data packs.

there is a wide range of frame rate dips

speed through NLA in vehicle mode on some streets in NLA the transition between areas sometimes skips just a few frames up to a very noticeable slow down

it is hardly game breaking but it happens around the world
I looked everywhere so I've seen some stuff

also check youtube for other ways to glitch this game

you can fall through the world or get stuck in some special spots so it is not at all glitch free but you really have to look for them

Renewed

there is a wide range of frame rate dips

spend through NLA in vehicle mode on some streets in NLA the transition between areas sometimes skips just a few frames up to a very noticeable slow down

it is hardly game breaking but it happens around the world
I looked everywhere so I've seen some stuff

also check youtube for other ways to glitch this game

you can fall through the world or get stuck in some special spots so it is not at all glitch free but you really have to look for them

The fall through the world glitch I saw seems to be one you have to go out of your way for. But I wonder what the person who happened upon it thought lol

this asscave King is stingy Reflect Electric drop no Katana again

The fall through the world glitch I saw seems to be one you have to go out of your way for. But I wonder what the person who happened upon it thought lol

yeah you really have to try hard to make it work

this game is super Solid as far as what the dev got out of the Wii U

my stuck classes aside I LOVE my experience with it

-Horizon-

I am only really locked out of Skill Slots limited to just the 3 for Duelist
since I already maxed out I can use anything just cannot use 5 Skill Slots that video link above showed to breeze beat a boss I have trouble with so I am locked out of that build

I tweeted at NoA, JohnTV and TrinTran

maybe this is a missed glitch like that Affinity Chart lock up I heard about

Hope it works out somehow, would suck for you have put in that much time into the game only for it to kind of crap out on a pretty important menu option :(

I haven't beaten the game yet, but I haven't noticed any performance drops

Rain + NLA = a bad time lol

At least it was near the end game for me so when NLA had a lot more occupants walking around.

Hope it works out somehow, would suck for you have put in that much time into the game only for it to kind of crap out on a pretty important menu option :(

Rain + NLA = a bad time lol

At least it was near the end game for me so when NLA had a lot more occupants walking around.

yeah classes it pretty important to me
more Skill Slots helps me be more flexible

I am not sure if my current build will kill all the other tyrants I need to deal with to get 100%

eaise

Neo Member
yeah classes it pretty important to me
more Skill Slots helps me be more flexible

I am not sure if my current build will kill all the other tyrants I need to deal with to get 100%

Being able to change classes is great. But even if you're stuck because of a glitch as long as you use the right arts and skills you'll be able to slay any tyrant. It'll just take a little longer

nah you get the lower right to change by pressing X instead of A
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk1eMStrA

I can see that just fine
still stuck can't change classes

I knew about the X and A, I was just curious if you changed the display setting to hide the control guidance before the glitch happened or you haven't touched any setting at all, since in your screenshot it didn't show any? Maybe we could try to replicate it just like the affinity screen glitch before.

i am not sure if my current build will kill all the other tyrants I need to deal with to get 100%

Why don't build a godlike skell?

L minor non-spoiler
I love that his vocabulary includes the word embiggen. He really does make this game that much more cromulent.

I need a good list of Potential Up/Boost gear to farm for

I knew about the X and A, I was just curious if you changed the display setting to hide the control guidance before the glitch happened or you haven't touched any setting at all, since in your screenshot it didn't show any? Maybe we could try to replicate it just like the affinity screen glitch before.

Why don't build a godlike skell?

still grinding for everything it takes a lot of time

every few days I learn of a new build to grind for and try

I have 3 Ares90s to upgrade augments for

I did change a lot of settings to turn off miiverse pop-ups and such will check later for what you pointed out

I can only think of 3 Tyrants I cannot kill yet on foot or with Skells, I hope I am done before the month ends

Neiteio

*blows conch*

Skell Team... ASSEMBLE!

xcx-safari00108b2s.jpg

xcx-safari0029xzki.jpg

Time to go on a safari! Destination: Oblivia!

...but first we'll make quick stops in Primordia and Noctilum:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015dsjx.jpg

xcx-safari003vwaw8.jpg

xcx-safari004mqb69.jpg

xcx-safari005v6yuw.jpg

xcx-safari0066mxtn.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0151slp.jpg

xcx-safari00743ycd.jpg

xcx-safari0080by09.jpg

OK, now we're in Oblivia:

xcx-safari009pozk5.jpg

xcx-safari010ovx2y.jpg

xcx-safari011isarj.jpg

xcx-safari012l9zn1.jpg

xcx-safari013uczs3.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01zjstx.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01n2z7l.jpg

xcx-safari014bvbm8.jpg

xcx-safari0150nl2f.jpg

xcx-safari0162bahm.jpg

Me: "Lin, don't touch the wildlif—"

Lin: "FUZZY!"

...and now it's time to go home:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01mvon5.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019ascw.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jrqse.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015kkmn.jpg

Update: Jan. 24:

Some quick shots from the weird, wondrous land of Sylvalum:

xcx-upnorth01a9jnl.jpg

xcx-upnorth02w7kov.jpg

xcx-upnorth03tsjfp.jpg

xcx-upnorth04vbjsl.jpg

xcx-upnorth05d3jjb.jpg

xcx-upnorth067nk9t.jpg

xcx-upnorth07nuk6l.jpg

xcx-upnorth08ltjio.jpg

xcx-upnorth09jzjht.jpg

xcx-upnorth10r6ktp.jpg

xcx-upnorth11jejot.jpg

xcx-upnorth127gjiz.jpg

xcx-upnorth13e4jdg.jpg

xcx-upnorth14u3j31.jpg

xcx-upnorth155bjm2.jpg

xcx-upnorth16fqkpk.jpg

xcx-upnorth17jdkr0.jpg

xcx-upnorth18x8kul.jpg

Steejee

I'm going with a solid black w/deep purple lights for all my Skells.

I want Ganglion leftovers to look up, see those skells hauling in, and go 'OH SHIT'.

Plus it's easier to do the paint when I buy a new one...

Working through Affinities and normal missions piece by piece. These normal quests can be pretty dark - I feel like someone dies on at least half of them, on top of some hella xenophobic/racist Humans being involved in the rest. We certainly brought a lot of internal drama to NLA right? Ma-non seem to get the worst of it, while the Nopon seem to survive a lot of missions they shouldn't despite their complete lack of self preservation instinct. I almost feel like they should have a piece of Nopon backstory that they evolved something like a stinkbug trait where they taste horrific, so none of the Indigens actually try to eat them.

Ending spoilers:
Especially now that I've beaten the story and do these missions, I want to point to Elma and be like WELL WHAT ABOUT HER, YOU ASSHOLE?!?

Game needs every mission to offer a 'Turn off Mim/turn into pile of slag' option.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 295,237 as of January 21st, 2016 - 14:51 GMT

Steejee

Western Volkampf tracker: 295,237 as of January 21st, 2016 - 14:51 GMT

Given those Steam Achievement stats that show people often don't even get through the tutorial, I wonder how many have bought the game but haven't gotten that far yet.

Hmm, I didn't have any problems with the faces in the game, but recently in one story mission's cutscene (chapter 6) Lin's face seemed off. Today I was playing the Nine Lives affinity mission and in the final cutscene everyone's faces felt a bit off, most likely because of the lighting.

Did anyone else experience this?

(I don't have access to my files right now, but I could post screencaps tomorrow.)

And now a few quick screenshots:

Hey guys.. I'm trying to start chapter 8 and need some help

Requirements:

- Explore 10% of Mira
- The Matchmaker mission

I'm sure I've done the first one (how can I check)

For the second one I'm trying to find out how to find the mission here but I can't seem to find this Omari guy!!

Help please

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey guys.. I'm trying to start chapter 8 and need some help

Requirements:

- Explore 10% of Mira
- The Matchmaker mission

I'm sure I've done the first one (how can I check)

For the second one I'm trying to find out how to find the mission here but I can't seem to find this Omari guy!!

Help please

That might be a Lao affinity mission.

Top Bottom