• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

OK, is Chapter 11 supposed to be hard as balls or am I doing something wrong? Every time I
go in to storm the castle in Cauldros
, I get mauled by that stupid tyrant (with the abundance of Ganglion grunts) inside. And no, I'm not under-leveled, wearing shitty gear or have under-leveled arts. I just can't proceed at all. What is recommended that I do? :|

-Horizon-

Yeah, I already really dig Lin. Cassandra Lee Morris really does one of the best child characters I've seen/heard. Not shrill or whiny, just very likable (her picking on Tatsu wears a LITTLE thin, but then Tatsu isn't anywhere close to as awesome as Riki). I really adored her as Edea in Bravely Default too.

Thank you so much, it's really easy to miss those specific button commands on menus because the text is so small, and I've only got a 37" 1080p TV.

Huge help guys, thanks!

I just started that mission too. Good to know, thanks!
Didn't realize she did Mrgrgrgrgrgr voice in BD haha.

OK, is Chapter 11 supposed to be hard as balls or am I doing something wrong? Every time I
, I get mauled by that stupid tyrant (with the abundance of Ganglion grunts) inside. And no, I'm not under-leveled, wearing shitty gear or have under-leveled arts. I just can't proceed at all. What is recommended that I do? :|
Oh I remember that crap. There are like 3-4 ganglion tyrants inside.
I was a bit over leveled for that chapter so it wasn't a problem for me (was still dumb with how many enemies there were and how they sometimes aggroed me through a wall). But if you don't want to deal with that crap, ghost walker would help I suppose.

Agro only one of them from afar and take them out one by one instead of 4vs4. Tell your teammates to concentrate fire. make sure you don't get close to the other enemies since enemies ignore your teammates if they're not engaged in battle.

Jims

Agro only one of them from afar and take them out one by one instead of 4vs4. Tell your teammates to concentrate fire. make sure you don't get close to the other enemies since enemies ignore your teammates if they're not engaged in battle.

This, so much this. When trying to rush through this chapter in any way, things start going downhill really fast. There's a tyrant in the downstairs area surrounded by enemies running around in the background. You can get rid of the tyrant in the middle without aggro'ing everyone (Soul Voices QTEs help a lot here), but when cleaning up the rest of the room, make sure you pick off one at a time. Using a Ranged Art as an opening attack is a good way to corral them. Building up a lot of TP in the earlier encounters is another good way to deal with the tyrant later.

I had tried to get to the field action thing in that room and all the enemies piled up...

Branson

I just lost all of my probes in Cauldros or whatever shitty name it has because apparently in 2016 it's ok for a game to not fucking autosave. Like that's a thing that should get through even the first fucking day in QA. Man fuck this. I forget to save once and I lose like an hour of fucking dumb ass probe shit that spanned an entire region. Have these devs not even played other games? What the fuck is with some of the design decisions in this bullshit? Fuck man. I just want to finish the last 3 chapters but this game is really testing my patience after 42 hours.

Plus I'm sure I have to have like 40% explored or whatever bullshit before I can finish the story or whatever dumb ass objective it wants me to do there probably. Glad I wasted my night with this fucking shit.

Renewed

I just lost all of my probes in Cauldros or whatever shitty name it has because apparently in 2016 it's ok for a game to not fucking autosave. Like that's a thing that should get through even the first fucking day in QA. Man fuck this. I forget to save once and I lose like an hour of fucking dumb ass probe shit that spanned an entire region. Have these devs not even played other games? What the fuck is with some of the design decisions in this bullshit? Fuck man. I just want to finish the last 3 chapters but this game is really testing my patience after 42 hours.

lol alternating quicksaves have spoiled me. But I always prioritize my own save states. Just force of habit.

I really hope they get this together next time. After having 3 save slots in Xenoblade, this really messed with me and wanting to see other outcomes.

chadboban

lol alternating quicksaves have spoiled me. But I always prioritize my own save states. Just force of habit.

I really hope they get this together next time. After having 3 save slots in Xenoblade, this really messed with me and wanting to see other outcomes.

Three save slots AND the ability to load a save without having to exit to the title screen. It was such a convenient system. I wonder if the online component had anything to do with them going in the direction they decided to go with for X's save system.

random25

I think the devs forced only 1 save per account in this game because of the online thingies (division rewards, recruits, scout rewards, etc). Just a hunch.

Maybe if there will be no online stuff on the next game we can go back to 3 save slots again.

I think the devs forced only 1 save per account in this game because of the online thingies (division rewards, recruits, scout rewards, etc). Just a hunch.

Maybe if there will be no online stuff on the next game we can go back to 3 save slots again.

I hope that isn't the reason, I am pretty sure Monster Hunter games have multiple character slots, as do most MMOs.

Omzz

Lol anyone familiar with the 2 worm tyrants in sylvalum? I see this thing moving in the ground and like hmmm what's this. Soon as I land the thing jumps out

I flinched in real life

vareon

Lol anyone familiar with the 2 worm tyrants in sylvalum? I see this thing moving in the ground and like hmmm what's this. Soon as I land the thing jumps out

I flinched in real life

"Ahaha! You don't fear me, the mighty Ares 90 pilot!"

Then it roared, and there was another one.

Daknight

Man, I can't believe I am still finding new places even after 100 + hours in the game O_O Especially in Primordial, found the Turtle Nest place yesterday out of the blue...I do know I am missing some places cause of the achivements (Unexplored areas) and such. Still enjoying it and still finding myself running away from some monsters even after getting Ares 90 xP 'That beast inside the Sylavium sphere is DEAD!'...then I find myself 'Oh GOD! Run, RUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!' xP

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 294,190 as of January 20th, 2016 - 12:17 GMT

I flinched in real life

I just know to run from those guys. I'm nowhere near ready.

Man, I can't believe I am still finding new places even after 100 + hours in the game O_O Especially in Primordial, found the Turtle Nest place yesterday out of the blue...I do know I am missing some places cause of the achivements (Unexplored areas) and such. Still enjoying it and still finding myself running away from some monsters even after getting Ares 90 xP 'That beast inside the Sylavium sphere is DEAD!'...then I find myself 'Oh GOD! Run, RUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!' xP

I stumbled onto Turtle Nest the other day too. It was sooooo pretty.

And then I was flying around the cliffs of northwest Primordia, the coastline specifically, looking to see if there was anything poking out of the cliffs that you couldn't see otherwise, and found a cave! I went in and it was absolutely huge, with a lava floor. Then I eyeballed the monsters and saw they were all level 60+, and I flew the fuck back out of there. I'll come back post game. It shouldn't be too hard to find again.

But I love that I can just go poking around in places and discover all of these new things. And I can go "How many people have seen this place? This game scratches my exploring itch so damn hard. It's been putting most recent Zeldas to shame.

Daknight

I just know to run from those guys. I'm nowhere near ready.

I stumbled onto Turtle Nest the other day too. It was sooooo pretty.

And then I was flying around the cliffs of northwest Primordia, the coastline specifically, looking to see if there was anything poking out of the cliffs that you couldn't see otherwise, and found a cave! I went in and it was absolutely huge, with a lava floor. Then I eyeballed the monsters and saw they were all level 60+, and I flew the fuck back out of there. I'll come back post game. It shouldn't be too hard to find again.

But I love that I can just go poking around in places and discover all of these new things. And I can go "How many people have seen this place? This game scratches my exploring itch so damn hard. It's been putting most recent Zeldas to shame.

I remember that lava place, though I found it cause of a quest...but I had the same reaction as you 'Well...that quest will just have to wait!!' lol. I had to run from many situations out of the blue in this game. I remember in one of the flying rocks in Primordia there is a small tyrant level 60, I started fighting it...then out of no where comes a Mechanoid Tyrant LV 91 to own me, manage to escape after running for like 5 minutes since it kept following me O_O

rhandino

Banned
TvyXLlc.jpg

8OnYnGq.gif

The quests given on the Nopon Caravans have been hilarious, especially when they get greedy and they pay for it. lol

eaise

Neo Member
then out of no where comes a Mechanoid Tyrant LV 91 to own me, manage to escape after running for like 5 minutes since it kept following me O_O

That is the superboss for Primordia. It's a good feeling when you can kill it! (i had lots of good advice from this thread)

Lexxism

I flinched in real life
I don't remember seeing those. Mind taking a screenshot?

eaise

Neo Member
You mean where you can develop new gear? cause i see the long list full of question marks and i wanted to know if you find plans/blueprints for them

Yep that's where they will be! All but three of the skell plans unlock after Ch 12
(skell weapons have blueprints that can be found/earned from missions)

The other three skells are from affinity missions

Ninferno

Same here at 1.0.2U, would like to see a patch note or something on what it does as well. Probably some bug fixes or "stability improvements", right? Hope they can resolve that notorious "affinity chart freeze".

Finally this bitch killed me so many times, recked so many Skells

took 3 A90s and 1 A70 still killed me the first try, reload and try again Booyaah
WVW69izp_90W3K3AzK

Came here for this same info.

Nothing about text size or audio options, so that's a bummer.

Edit: Maybe I'm going crazy, but the game looks better... like, there's actually AA now.

I was thinking looks better too lol can't be tho

Floflo

Neo Member
Maybe they enabled anisotropic filtering... I'll check when I get home.

At release the game only uses bilinear filtering, which makes textures look like crap (blurry, lacking detail) when looking at stuff more than 5 meters away and with an angle... which happens all the time for terrain.

Here is a comparison from FF13 PC version which does the same... but at least on PC you can force anisotropic filtering :
coev9ij.png

Silvard

So, after 100 hours in I'm finally an official Skell pilot! Since I took so long to get it I actually managed to be level 52 before I even had a skell, and I had enough money to straight up buy a level 50 frame.

So I bought a level 50 Lailah frame and I realized I don't know anything about skells (already lost an insurance point).

Is there a guide to gearing, equipping and augmenting Skells?

I picked the Lailah because of looks, but from stats I can see that it was better at range than the Inferno. But is this because of base stats or because of default equipment. That is to say, with the same armor/augments etc would the Lailah be just as good as melee as the Inferno and viceversa? Or do they differ from each other at a more intrinsic level (overdrive notwithstanding)?

Should I buy armor from the get-go? I have the first 4 AMs at level 5, but some of the medium and light Skell armor are still Unique rather than Prime. The only Prime medium armor I see has Melee Accuracy and Attack Up, and Beam Damage Up and from what I understand I can't slot theses modifiers, they have to come with the armor. The other with Ranged Accuracy and Jamming is only Unique. Is there any way I can get a Prime set of medium skell armor that is more Range oriented, or with a different damage type (like, say, gravity or thermal?) Or is my best bet to use the vendor set regardless?

Basically I'm asking for some gearing/build guidance to level 50 frames (specifically Lailah) from a relative newbie's perspective.

So far I've bought a G Buster and equipped whatever intergalactic weapons I've gotten as a drop, regardless of damage type or modifiers.

squadr0n

On the last exam for my Skell license! Cannot wait lol.

Still trying to figure out the optimal probe layout after reading a couple guides. Does anyone have a good reference map that someone has uploaded? I havent had much luck finding one by searching.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Delfinina Downfall is so hard. I basically have up and started killing random tyrants with my skell instead.

Yeah I still can't beat the boss. I have some weak, level 40 weapons so I'm gonna grind to level 60 (at 58 now) and try again. Armor that protects against beam helped keep me alive but it took so long to damage him and I died when he was at 1/2 health. Maybe with level 60 weapons and a Gravity Attack Up V will help more.

you know I should read the Manual one day

I was looking at a youtube video of a guy doing Skell jumps then he used the camera feature where it can ZOOM up to look at the world from way up leaving your party behind

after 530 hours on the game clock I have never used this feature nor do I know how it works lol

I was looking at a youtube video of a guy doing Skell jumps then he used the camera feature where it can ZOOM up to look at the world from way up leaving your party behind

after 530 hours on the game clock I have never used this feature nor do I know how it works lol

I don't know if there's a realtime button combination for it, but you can change the camera height in the settings.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah I still can't beat the boss. I have some weak, level 40 weapons so I'm gonna grind to level 60 (at 58 now) and try again. Armor that protects against beam helped keep me alive but it took so long to damage him and I died when he was at 1/2 health. Maybe with level 60 weapons and a Gravity Attack Up V will help more.

It's that ability that steals TP that makes the fight hard, in my experience. Normally when I enter a fight I can usually go into Overdrive within a few hits, but with this guy he steals all my TP as I build it up. I'm thinking of adding TP building augments to my stuff to try and counteract this.

Hold R, press Up.

Renewed

It's available to you the moment you start the game lol. And yes previously mentioned, R + Up.

Floflo

Neo Member
I think it's the "drone" feature. Hold R then press Up on the + directional pad. Then you can orient the camera with the Right analog stick or cancel with B.

Edit: Damn too slow

Hmm, I didn't have any problems with the faces in the game, but recently in one story mission's cutscene (chapter 6) Lin's face seemed off. Today I was playing the Nine Lives affinity mission and in the final cutscene everyone's faces felt a bit off, most likely because of the lighting.

Did anyone else experience this?

(I don't have access to my files right now, but I could post screencaps tomorrow.)

I think it's the "drone" feature. Hold R then press Up on the + directional pad. Then you can orient the camera with the Right analog stick or cancel with B.

Edit: Damn too slow

It's available to you the moment you start the game lol. And yes previously mentioned, R + Up.

Hold R, press Up.

I don't know if there's a realtime button combination for it, but you can change the camera height in the settings.

It is cool

this could have been useful weeks ago lol

Renewed

Hmm, I didn't have any problems with the faces in the game, but recently in one story mission's cutscene (chapter 6) Lin's face seemed off. Today I was playing the Nine Lives affinity mission and in the final cutscene everyone's faces felt a bit off, most likely because of the lighting.

Did anyone else experience this?

(I don't have access to my files right now, but I could post screencaps tomorrow.)

I remember scenes where the lighting didn't lend itself well to the character faces. Especially Lin where it looked like she had no chin when looking up lol

Steejee

Eh, in a way that makes it more realistic... really pretty people can look pretty awful in the wrong light/position. Celica seems to have more issues than Lin with that, but neither has really ever been jarringly bad looking to me.

Top Bottom