• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Regiruler

That works when you have it early in the game and are organically leveling via normal means. Once you're a high level / post game, an NPC will be over level 30 almost instantly just by bringing it along for a high level tyrant slaughter.

Can't help you on the chapter bit. I just brute forced my way through it without exploring other options. Normally in games I'm inclined to go in the opposite of the "correct" way to map out all paths / dead ends, but at that point in XCX I just wanted the story over with to get the Ares and 60 skells.
That information wasn't helpful in the slightest :/

-Horizon-

I cycle the 20 around npcs that are too low for a 30.

Also when did Prospectors stop getting #1? I've seen interceptors as #1 for a while, and as a curator our performance has tanked.

And sorry for the stream of conscienceness, but I have a question for chapter 11. Once you get to the entrance into o'ssr castle and go up the stairs, there's two paths. Follow ball says go right, but there's about 20 mobs+tyrant that way. The left area has a transporter to the mining frigate, and the follow ball from there takes me to a transporter to some camp. Is it actually possible to get to the objective for chapter 11 through the frigate or will I have to toughen it out and kill all the mobs?

Yeah that area has a lot of enemy mech tyrants. I just barreled my way through them (I didn't even remember there being another path lol I'll have to go through it again to check it out). They're not as tough as other tyrants but they can still mess you up. Overdrive is really helpful.

Zalusithix

That information wasn't helpful in the slightest :/

Originally I was only quoting the skell topic with the passing the level 20 one around. Basically just pointing out that it wouldn't be worth the investment in bringing it back from the dead for low level NPCs when said NPCs can be powerleveled extremely quickly.

Then you edited your post and I simply pegged on that last bit on so it didn't look like I was completely blowing off your question. Next time I'll just ignore it. =P

Regiruler

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays for quest bosses starting from about chapter 7 onwards?

It starts with a simple techno melody overlayed with a single vocal, but then becomes more complex 10 seconds in. It was used against the Zu Pharg.

Zalusithix

I'm all set to go with farming Yggy since he's back today, and then they put the server on maintenance. Goddammit.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaand we're back.

I haven't been playing lately, so how long has Yggy even been lasting these days? Assuming the RP farming people haven't burned out and are still improving, I can't see him surviving long enough to run away ever.

Mira 100% complete!

That was a fantastic game, and I spent over 200 hours exploring Mira. This scratched my exploration itch that I desperately needed scratched. The mechs, the combat, the fun little extras... all of that stuff was grand. There was always more to learn and discover.

The parts that needed work were the story and characterization, but I'm not the first one to criticize these things. I felt like some of the systems (augments, upgrades, and the material system in general) were overly complicated. The original struck a good balance with that kind of stuff, but here it seemed to go overboard. Hopefully they either reign it in a bit with the next one, or reconstruct it so that it's a little less ridiculous.

All in all, some things were better than the original, but some weren't. It's a little disheartening, and I have to say that I prefer the original overall. I can see myself easily going back to the first, but I'm not sure I'll come back to X. I've seen everything I wanted to see, and it usually takes an interesting story and compelling characters to get me to come back to a long game like this, and X just doesn't have those qualities. I sound like I'm being really harsh here, but I truly loved this game. Easily one of my favorite games on the Wii U.

So long, Mira! It's been truly incredible.

I haven't been playing lately, so how long has Yggy even been lasting these days? Assuming the RP farming people haven't burned out and are still improving, I can't see him surviving long enough to run away ever.

No idea. I only needed to seriously farm him this time, and I got what I needed to long before he died. I was waiting a week for him to show up.

I love azim

yesterday
WVW69i97CoYF1U3Gse

today
WVW69i97TtYYYXNN0-

he really wants me to give up, I see his name in the top 10 of most of the rankings but I just can't let him have beach bum

this is going to hurt my fingers to catch up again but I like messing with Azim

Beach Bum:
Code:
Rank   Name      ID                 Score
1      Chelsea   azimsalimilukman   17670
2      Elmii     nazaire            16732

Deep Diver:
Code:
Rank   Name      ID        Score
1      Elmii     nazaire   181972
2      Yukino    AKI95B    123817

I got to keep up with these two guys
I stay outside jumping so much I am starting to rank high for getting caught in the Rain
AND it hardly rains where I am jumping from

Haha, somebody sniped the beach bum title while he's been focused on the endless suicidal jumping. It's kind of scary that he's nearing the 200k jump point though. At this rate, the leaderboards will be over 1 million before 2016 is out. Somebody is going to pick up the game late in 2016 and look at the boards for the first time and be convinced that Elmii and Yukino are hackers. =P

don't laugh at my pain T_T I know that other dude is offline jumping right now while I collect bikinis

they should give up

I do no plan to turn off my Wii U until I get an NX at home

steveovig

I'm very close to beating Chapter 9 but I got my ass handed to me on the
second part of the boss
. I had to level up 7 levels just to get done with the
first part
. I lost my main Skell and had no insurance left, which is the first time I have dealt with this. What a stupid mechanic that is. It's pretty much impossible at Level 40 to be able to beat that boss without a Skell and they throw me under the bus. I was thinking of quitting the game entirely but I decided to sell a bunch of crap and salvage my Skell. I'm going to level up to at least Level 45 and try again. I might even go to 50 so I can buy an entirely new Skell. Right now, I'm leaving my console on so I can farm money, can it be offline to do this? I got disconnected from the server an hour ago.

-Horizon-

I'm very close to beating Chapter 9 but I got my ass handed to me on the
second part of the boss
. I had to level up 7 levels just to get done with the
first part
. I lost my main Skell and had no insurance left, which is the first time I have dealt with this. What a stupid mechanic that is. It's pretty much impossible at Level 40 to be able to beat that boss without a Skell and they throw me under the bus. I was thinking of quitting the game entirely but I decided to sell a bunch of crap and salvage my Skell. I'm going to level up to at least Level 45 and try again. I might even go to 50 so I can buy an entirely new Skell. Right now, I'm leaving my console on so I can farm money, can it be offline to do this? I got disconnected from the server an hour ago.

Was that the
wrothian
chapter? I had more problems with the on foot part than the second phase. Remember to tell your team to focus on taking down one enemy at a time.

Try to link some research probes together to get bonus money. And put those research probes wherever there is a scenic location, you get a lot of money from that.

You don't need to be online to get money. But I have heard the devs put some mechanic into it where if your character is left idle after some time, it'll stop collecting money.

steveovig

Was that the
wrothian
chapter? I had more problems with the on foot part than the second phase. Remember to tell your team to focus on taking down one enemy at a time.

Try to link some research probes together to get bonus money. And put those research probes wherever there is a scenic location, you get a lot of money from that.

You don't need to be online to get money. But I have heard the devs put some mechanic into it where if your character is left idle after some time, it'll stop collecting money.

Is the
wrothian
chapter the one with the dude that looks like
Chewbacca
? You fight a few guys
on foot
and then
in Skells
. I can get him down to a quarter energy but then has a one-shot kill that usually destroys my Skell.

-Horizon-

Is the
wrothian
chapter the one with the dude that looks like
Chewbacca
? You fight a few guys
on foot
and then
in Skells
. I can get him down to a quarter energy but then has a one-shot kill that usually destroys my Skell.
The
cat people

How many mechs do you have?

If you have more than one try to equip g-busters on all of them (the southern enemy base in sylvalum has robot enemies that drop them I think). It really helps with staggering the enemy so you can bind them.

Renewed

The hell are these? Only missions that have ranking are the time attacks I thought.

There are leaderboards for all kinds of things like highest damage in one Art or most swimsuits purchased. The other one is number of times fallen into a pit to your death.

^ over a thousand hours
wow

at least my hours prove I am not hacking the leaderboards to get my rankings

unless Azim runs out of credits just like I did I'll start suspecting him of being shady

oh House of Cards on Netflix came in at the right time to out grind Azim yesterday lol what a fun season my credits hit zero without even noticing

Zalusithix

at least my hours prove I am not hacking the leaderboards to get my rankings

unless Azim runs out of credits just like I did I'll start suspecting him of being shady

oh House of Cards on Netflix came in at the right time to out grind Azim yesterday lol what a fun season my credits hit zero without even noticing

You'll be back to 99 million after your next phase of jumping. =P

steveovig

I finally managed to beat Chapter 9, and I got the
Flight Module
. I leveled up to 45 for it, and it feels good.
The Flight Module
is a complete game changer for me and I love it. I'm not sure when I'll advance the story next.

Zalusithix

THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME, man this week is killing my wallet

I'd probably break down for a Lailah, but I'm safe here. Actually, could you imagine a setup where all the base frames were available and you could choose the weapon loadout to come with it? No skell lover would be safe!

Renewed

I'd probably break down for a Lailah, but I'm safe here. Actually, could you imagine a setup where all the base frames were available and you could choose the weapon loadout to come with it? No skell lover would be safe!

Damn, all I would want is a Verus of my very own. I'd paint it and make it pretty.

Does anyone have experience with Kotobukiya models? How much work do they require?

(I only have experience with one Bandai 1/100 MG kit.)

Ninferno

yeah just grab from amiami, unless you're from country that loves to tax import stuff. probably wait for other shops to list it. it's 5720 yen on amiami btw

That is a very tempting price, shipping cost looks fine too, but I have never used this amiami shop before (judging from the looks, it seems to be specialized in character models, which I'm not into), how reliable are they?

Renewed

That is a very tempting price, shipping cost looks fine too, but I have never used this amiami shop before (judging from the looks, it seems to be specialized in character models, which I'm not into), how reliable are they?

Very reliable. Good variety for shipping options and if you ordered something, you should get it. Packing is good enough and products have arrived fine so far across 10 orders in the past 2 years. Only make your order when you're absolutely sure since there isn't a cancel option.

Does anyone have experience with Kotobukiya models? How much work do they require?

(I only have experience with one Bandai 1/100 MG kit.)

I don't buy Kotobukiya but at first glance, it could be fragile so be careful nonetheless. I think panel lining might be considered and I'll give it a paintjob for my own taste. Decal application is up to you.

random25

Reading their delivery page gives "KOTOBUKIYA ONLINE SHOP do not accept the remittance payment from any foreign countries."

I imagine places like amiami that allow overseas orders will pick it up.

Gonna try that one. Never imported model kits like these since most of Japanese stuff like the Gundam ones and warship replicas get imported by specialty shops here. I just don't think the Xenoblade X ones are popular enough to get here on local shops so might as well import this.

Ninferno

Very reliable. Good variety for shipping options and if you ordered something, you should get it. Packing is good enough and products have arrived fine so far across 10 orders in the past 2 years. Only make your order when you're absolutely sure since there isn't a cancel option.

Cool. Thanks for the info, might actually bite the bullet on this one.

Finally got around to playing the other day and finally beat Rexoskell. Pretty much retooled my skills to go ham with Overdrive. Scouted a Lv.60 for good measure as well.

Time to get up to 65% on Cauldros to get Mia

Trying
to find time
to finish up the Normal Quests I have so I can finally decide to go beat Ch 12

Renewed

Let me know if you have any feedback, requests, issues, etc.

Very nice, thank you for this. Are you considering adding segment hexes to show what has to be accomplished in each area?

azim is not going to run out of credits like I did

this is who I am up against

can you guys tell me his secret?

how was that done?

Don't know when they started, but if they have a setup that earns them at least 200k, that's still a huge number of hours spent on this game. Actually your hour count would be similar. Unless they're earning money while AFK overnight in which case that adds up quicker.

Zalusithix

how was that done?

Optimizing all duplicator / booster probe positions and likely not using any storage / combat probes. Basically probe layouts that would be impractical for anything other than straight credit or miranium farming for ranking purposes. Though I suppose with a credit layout you can target the beach bum leaderboard at the same time. Not like there's anything else to spend the money on. Except perhaps buying skells to trash.

Floflo

Neo Member
I made a FrontierNav web app. Right now it just lets you search for collectibles but I'm adding more stuff over time.

Woah that looks super useful for these annoying collectible quests.

However the search function doesn't work for me. For example when I type "mosquito", I get 6 results... and only one of them actually contains "mosquito"

Edit: I'm using Firefox 44.0.2 and Chrome v48 (same issue on both)

Very nice, thank you for this. Are you considering adding segment hexes to show what has to be accomplished in each area?

Don't know when they started, but if they have a setup that earns them at least 200k, that's still a huge number of hours spent on this game. Actually your hour count would be similar. Unless they're earning money while AFK overnight in which case that adds up quicker.

Optimizing all duplicator / booster probe positions and likely not using any storage / combat probes. Basically probe layouts that would be impractical for anything other than straight credit or miranium farming for ranking purposes. Though I suppose with a credit layout you can target the beach bum leaderboard at the same time. Not like there's anything else to spend the money on. Except perhaps buying skells to trash.

I am going to rework my layouts thanks guys
I totally forgot about those probes lol

Top Bottom