• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

jdstorm

Banned
Just finished chapter 12. Man I love this game. But I'm totally burnt out on it right now.

I'll probably start a new character in a year or so when there are min/max guides availiable so I can beat everything quickly while being massively OP

Amalthea

Banned
anyone here willing to double dip for an NX port?
If they include some fixes. Like having the inactive team members accessible from terminals after first unlocking them and maybe when they are not at a Heart to Heart spot (ideally with a little note where they are atm.) Or hexagons indicate that there are multiple discoverables if there are, Skell Fuel stations at Outposts, a radio feature in LA to change the music if desired and so on...

javadoze

Maybe? I can definitely think of a few things that could be fixed with the game that they can do easily:

-A sound toggle for FX/Voices/Battle Voices/Music

-Being able to better keep track of all of your inactive teammates (their levels, equipment, and locations)

-BIGGER FONT SIZE

That said, like with Xenoblade on the new3DS, any opportunity for more people being able to get their hands on this game is a plus. Also, Monolithsoft's next game probably won't come until another 4 years considering the wait between Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade X, so they might as well.

javadoze

I swear chapter 9 and chapter 10's bosses are prime examples of how oblivious I can be when it comes to enemies spawning mid-fight.

EulaCapra

Wow, my avatar, Elma, and Lin all hit level 60 not knowing it was the level cap and I haven't even done chapter 11 yet.

I think it's time to finally cruise through the end after almost 150 hours. 20 of which must have been me accidentally falling asleep.

Finally managed to just barely kill the damn (lv99 Noctilum tyrant)
Telethia
for that one normal quest. I don't know if the difficulty is reduced vs just killing it for the map completion, though. Gonna have to farm tickets for a few more Ultrafauna XX, evasion, and general damage augments, and then I'll go back and fuck it up again to complete that map hex.

Question about a cutscene in the Chapter 11 story mission,

After you defeat Lao and you're back at BLADE tower for the resolution Elma mentions that Irina might be suicidal to Vandham. If she is on your squad during that mission, does she say anything?

varkuriru

Finished chapter 12 with about 160 hours which included leaving the game running for a while to farm credits and miranium. Will keep playing to see the affinity quests but the grinding is taking its toll on my psyche.

Just recently managed to get infinite overdrive going with Elma and that has been really fun!

I say best scifi open world jrpg with mechs ever :p

After you defeat Lao and you're back at BLADE tower for the resolution Elma mentions that Irina might be suicidal to Vandham. If she is on your squad during that mission, does she say anything?

I wanted to ask about that too. Also I thought that

the entire selection process should have been a bigger twist causing tons of people to react. Especially considering most of them had family that didn't get on board.
Lao did nothing wrong.

Renewed

Well
she doesn't react. She keeps staring off with a blank expression.
Monolithsoft why

I wanted to ask about that too. Also I thought that

the entire selection process should have been a bigger twist causing tons of people to react. Especially considering most of them had family that didn't get on board.
Lao did nothing wrong.

I'm sure it pans out. 100%, payoff is totally there.

Absolutely no reaction. But given how I forgot to equip her skell, she spent the whole fight rushing Lao's skell with a knife, so there probably wasn't much she could do to deny that she's patently suicidal

matmanx1

Volkampf, the Salestracker as of today:

;)

This is the number of unit sales that the game has had? If so, I would consider that to be pretty darn good for a WiiU JRPG.

I've had the game since launch but really just started it a week ago. As of last night I am finally figuring some things out and getting my head around all the systems and information that the game throws at you at the start.

I've been studying the game guide closely and I am very glad that I picked it up when I got the game. This game is freaking huge!

This is the number of unit sales that the game has had? If so, I would consider that to be pretty darn good for a WiiU JRPG.

This is the number of people who killed the first Tyrant, which you can only do once per save file, so it's a moderately accurate picture of sales. It's also very early in the game, before things really open up. People who have started multiple files for whatever reason would inflate the number, and people who bought it but haven't played or barely played would decrease it.

MomoQca

I've had the game since launch but really just started it a week ago. As of last night I am finally figuring some things out and getting my head around all the systems and information that the game throws at you at the start.

I've been studying the game guide closely and I am very glad that I picked it up when I got the game. This game is freaking huge!

What HiddenWings said. To add on to his comment, it seems like it only includes North America and Europe. Japan has its own tracker for whatever reason (~130k sold as of June '15 IIRC). Keep in mind that not everyone has access to the Internet, so the actual sale is likely to be higher than what we have.

So I'm guessing for each region:
NA & Europe: 400k
Japan: 150k
Total: 550k

The NLA music makes me want to puncture my eardrums. Please staaaaaaahp. I'm not sure I can go on with these terrible faux Western pop tunes.

Chapter 5, level 21, must push on.

Without spooling anything, could anyone tell me if I'm ready to finish chapter 12?

My character is level 56, running a photon sabre melee combo build, and my likely party will be Elma, Lin and Irina. I have a level 50 Skell while the rest of the crew have level 30s. Everyone has a g buster.

Also, I haven't yet gotten all the
xeno species to join NLA. Do I miss any cutscenes or whatever by not having everyone?

Renewed

Without spooling anything, could anyone tell me if I'm ready to finish chapter 12?

My character is level 56, running a photon sabre melee combo build, and my likely party will be Elma, Lin and Irina. I have a level 50 Skell while the rest of the crew have level 30s. Everyone has a g buster.

Also, I haven't yet gotten all the
xeno species to join NLA. Do I miss any cutscenes or whatever by not having everyone?

You're fine I'd say. As long as your ground game is great and you've got a good Skell (1 lvl50 or more with at least an AOE attack), you'll pull through. Just be ready for the point of no return.

You're fine I'd say. As long as your ground game is great and you've got a good Skell (1 lvl50 or more with at least an AOE attack), you'll pull through. Just be ready for the point of no return.

Cool, thanks!

Actually, would the Definian Downfall mission be a good indicator of the level of difficulty for chapter 12? I struggled in the on foot section and lost a couple skells in the well, skell section.

Speaking of which, do any generic Definians ever pop up in NLA? I havent seen any so far

StereoVsn

If they include some fixes. Like having the inactive team members accessible from terminals after first unlocking them and maybe when they are not at a Heart to Heart spot (ideally with a little note where they are atm.) Or hexagons indicate that there are multiple discoverables if there are, Skell Fuel stations at Outposts, a radio feature in LA to change the music if desired and so on...

I've only played about 15 hours but I could double dip if they make a lot of fixes and also add a bit to characterization. That said, I don't see this game being ported, I don't think it sold enough...

Edit: Scratch the "not enough sales" thought. Looking above, that's actually pretty decent considering the platform.

matmanx1

Last Sunday I was still in the Prologue and had less than an hour in the game. Fast forward to last night (Sunday night) and I'm at nearly 16 hours. And I'm having to force myself to go to bed at night instead of playing more XCX.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that I am really enjoying myself!

I finished Chapter 4 last night and then went and did Lin's affinity mission (something about a Repair), which was cool but fairly easy.

This game is very, very cool.

Renewed

Cool, thanks!

Actually, would the Definian Downfall mission be a good indicator of the level of difficulty for chapter 12? I struggled in the on foot section and lost a couple skells in the well, skell section.

Speaking of which, do any generic Definians ever pop up in NLA? I havent seen any so far

I think Definian Downfall is pretty rough if you haven't beaten the game (I did it after I finished the story). If you make an all-purpose destructive ground-set that won't blow up in your face (reflect, etc.) you'll be fine typically. Your Skells will be fine for the final boss (I went in with level 30 Skells, lost them over time and made it out).

I only remember named Definians since it's been a while.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Definian Downfall is pretty rough if you haven't beaten the game (I did it after I finished the story). If you make an all-purpose destructive ground-set that won't blow up in your face (reflect, etc.) you'll be fine typically. Your Skells will be fine for the final boss (I went in with level 30 Skells, lost them over time and made it out).

I only remember named Definians since it's been a while.

With that fight either you need post-game level augments or you need to know how to abuse overdrive.

rhandino

Banned
After 180 hours and 2 big breaks in between them I finally finished the main story of the game...

I need a biT of time to [ a b s o r b ] it and clear my feelings about it but so far I love it, not as much as the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles but this ending was a perfect fit for this game and I can totally say that I'm here for whatever Monolith Soft does next.

Also dat
Elma real form
serving
KOS-MOS
a bit.

Of course, If they made some slight changes to some of the systems (Inventory managment, using Bases to refuel/insurance Skells, etc...) it could be the absolute best Xenoblade game.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Of course, If they made some slight changes to some of the systems (Inventory managment, using Bases to refuel/insurance Skells, etc...) it could be the absolute best Xenoblade game.

That bases thing would be awesome as shit. Why did they not do that?

rhandino

Banned
That bases thing would be awesome as shit. Why did they not do that?
Because this is the same game that thought that it was OK to go around NLA to recruit party members instead of a menu.

I get why they did it that way but I think they could do better or in way that would also make sense in-universe like call them trough a cellphone or something.

Oh well.

matmanx1

The sheer scope and size of this game just continues to amaze me. I started off my night by doing H.B.'s first mission ("A New Rival") and then went and did "A Proper Chopper", which took me far, far north into Noctilum and was quite a trek.

The design of the world and the way the landscape is put together is fairly awesome. At each new unexplored hexagon I would of course look first for the nav beacon and try to get that set up but then I would want to start exploring and looking around at all there was to see.

Having a specific goal in mind since I was on a quest, I didn't explore as much as I would have liked but at least I can fast travel back to each of those spots when I am ready.

That does bring me to a problem, though. I am not maxing out my Miranium every time I play. I simply mine more than I can store so I need to remember to watch my income and fast travel back to town and invest some before continuing on.

I'm only on chapter 5 so it may be some time before I can get more storage probes and/or my first duplicator and booster units but my max at this point is only 12,000, which I hit very quickly.

Might be time to hit up gamefaqs and Google to see if I missed any attainable units.

Currently Level 26 with Chapter 6 ahead and i think i'm in a good spot. I've done a bunch of Affinity Quests and yesterday i found out the "Heart-To-Heart" secret! Kick the person out of your crew! 0_o Who thought that made sense?

Is it normal for gear at the shops to be rubbish compared to the stuff dropped in the field?
What does "Attack Stability" do? Is it related to auto-attack damage?
How do i take and upload screenshots? I'm sure i've been told but can't remember.
How do i get the New LA theme out of my head? :)

and finally for now... Am i a bad person for really liking the default party of me, Elma and Lin? I'm collecting the rest of the squad but i rarely change my team unless made to.

Damn, i love this game and i don't even have a Skel yet :)

-Horizon-

Currently Level 26 with Chapter 6 ahead and i think i'm in a good spot. I've done a bunch of Affinity Quests and yesterday i found out the "Heart-To-Heart" secret! Kick the person out of your crew! 0_o Who thought that made sense?

Is it normal for gear at the shops to be rubbish compared to the stuff dropped in the field?
What does "Attack Stability" do? Is it related to auto-attack damage?
How do i take and upload screenshots? I'm sure i've been told but can't remember.
How do i get the New LA theme out of my head? :)

and finally for now... Am i a bad person for really liking the default party of me, Elma and Lin? I'm collecting the rest of the squad but i rarely change my team unless made to.

Damn, i love this game and i don't even have a Skel yet :)

Finding heart to hearts (especially time based ones) were a pain. Had to use the google docs guide.

Best gear I've found were all drops from monsters in the field. The in store ones were really general in stats and augments. I only ever bought the armor that had high treasure sensors already attached because those augments are a pain to grind.

I think attack stability has to do with the auto attack. Usually attacks have a range like for example 10-20 per hit. So high stability lowers the range to be more consistent while low stability increases the range so while you may only hit 10 attack you might also hit 20 attack.

To take screenshots you can:
a) hit the home button and do it through miiverse (quality is kind of meh)
or
b) hit the home button but then open the web browser and go to imgur or something and hit "upload from computer"

and I think the default team is the most fleshed out character wise. You will use them for a large majority of the story missions so you get to interact with them the most. Nothing wrong with that, its just the side characters are kind of shoved to the side.
Also Lin is the best!

And when you do get a mech, oh boy. The game really opens up. But don't play with the one they give you for free for too long. That mech is weak. When you unlock the ability to use a mech, make sure your character is at level 30. Then go buy a new one. The difference is amazing.

muteki

I just got this game and have absolutely no time for it now but I'm gonna start it anyway and see if it grabs me. Nothing going on Wii U wise for me until TMS anyway.

I usually get really turned off by action RPG systems but feel like I need to get over it or I won't be playing many RPGs right now and I'm really dying to get into one. The little bit I have played has my head spinning so far but I think I'm picking up on it. I never played the first game.

-Horizon-

I just got this game and have absolutely no time for it now but I'm gonna start it anyway and see if it grabs me. Nothing going on Wii U wise for me until TMS anyway.

I usually get really turned off by action RPG systems but feel like I need to get over it or I won't be playing many RPGs right now and I'm really dying to get into one. The little bit I have played has my head spinning so far but I think I'm picking up on it. I never played the first game.

Don't worry, other than a few references thrown in, you don't need to have played the first game.

Also remember this tip: if you need to sneak past an enemy, make Elma your main character and use her Shadowrunner art. As long as you have enough TP, all you need to do is target an enemy from far away, activate shadowrunner, and then cancel starting the battle and just start running.

Ninferno

Any veteran BLADEs who could point me towards any good post game guides?

I can recall a few very informative GameFAQs and Reddit threads about Skell building (farming & min-maxing); I didn't do much optimization on ground wear so I can't say much about that.

On Obtaining the Ares90:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72977406

On ME/SA M-Missiles (super efficient appendage crushing Skell weapons that will speed up your grinding A LOT)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/73104108

On Diskbombs (super useful Skell side arms, with Lailah and some min-maxing you can easily beat any super boss)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/73089986?page=1

Super Skell with Super Weapons
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...guide_surpassing_the_ares_90_postgame_with_a/

Do note that these threads are a few months old and could be outdated (though I doubt it) if better farming/min-maxing ways are found. Still, they should give you some good idea about post-game Skell building. Hope you find them useful.

rhandino

Banned
The Ares models look amazing but I still need a TON of material to get one... and 2 levels to reach Lvl. 60 with my main.

One little thing I didn't liked is the fact that most of the Superweapons are locked in the post-game. Are they so OP that giving them before the Final Bosses on Chapter
would make the game easier? I just wanted that cloack because it looks stylish af.

bo4pz59.gif

Considering how many things are optional in this game I am not surprised... wondering if they could reach sub-5 any time soon.

flyover

I'm just past chapter four. I started off by playing things pretty straight. But my gameplay focus has gradually shifted from "Help humanity in their new home," to "I don't care if I ever get my skell license. I'm jumping up every goddamn mountain I can."

matmanx1

Yeah, exploration and sightseeing are just too much fun and too involving not to spend a bunch of time on it in XCX.

I started up the Chapter 5 story mission last night and most of my party is level 21. Oblivia is pretty cool but I think I dig Noctilum more from what I have so far seen. Once I clear the Chapter 5 story missions I think I am just going to spend some time doing the relationship / heart 2 heart missions for awhile. I'm finding most of the side characters to be interesting enough to want to interact with and of course the levels and exclusive arts make it worth it.

flyover

Yeah, I may do the same. The plot is pretty lean, but I like a lot of the characters.

I only took one trip into Oblivia, and, after a while, my characters started taking 50 points of damage every few seconds. I think it must've had something to do with the weather -- a lightning storm (with no rain) was going on. Hope that doesn't crop up too much.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I may do the same. The plot is pretty lean, but I like a lot of the characters.

I only took one trip into Oblivia, and, after a while, my characters started taking 50 points of damage every few seconds. I think it must've had something to do with the weather -- a lightning storm (with no rain) was going on. Hope that doesn't crop up too much.
You can fast travel to shuffle the weather.

EulaCapra

Chapter 12 completed! It's all finally over! I made sure to dress Elma, Lin, and Avatar one final time. I am in love with Elma's color combination.
1zSDLL9h.jpg

I really enjoyed the story even though that after-credits scene was confounding. I was also not a fan of
Elma's true self. The Wikia already spoiled it in a pic for me, but I find it hard to believe that Elma's true form would allow herself to look like an alien prostitute with her buttcheeks hanging out. I thought with Elma's calibur and pedigree that the developers would leave her alone and not have her look like another alien female call girl.
Chapter 12 spoiler pic below.
nM09oWXl.jpg

Golnei

It's good to see people are still talking about the questionable decisions made for the party management and Skell maintenance even after several months. I really hope feedback on the former at least will manage to make itself heard for whatever they do next...

The Wikia already spoiled it in a pic for me, but I find it hard to believe that
Elma's true form would allow herself to look like an alien prostitute with her buttcheeks hanging out. I thought with Elma's calibur and pedigree that the developers would leave her alone and not have her look like another alien female call girl.
Chapter 12 spoiler pic below.

"Another" is probably the operative word there - it's clearly an integral part of their aesthetic, particularly where it concerns the depiction of alien species. Not having her buttcheeks hang out would be a jarring departure from the visual language they'd established throughout the rest of the game.

Top Bottom