• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

maximize credit output while jumping off cliffs with a skell and buying swimsuits every time you get a new skell to wreck, the true multitasking /s

Hedja

Very nice, thank you for this. Are you considering adding segment hexes to show what has to be accomplished in each area?

I've done the work for it (took a couple of days aligning the grid and making it look like in-game). Just a matter of putting the data in. It was actually the first thing I did but realised it's faster to get the collectible portion out of the gate first.

Most people want sightseeing spots though so I'll probably do it after that.

Woah that looks super useful for these annoying collectible quests.

However the search function doesn't work for me. For example when I type "mosquito", I get 6 results... and only one of them actually contains "mosquito"

Edit: I'm using Firefox 44.0.2 and Chrome v48 (same issue on both)

The search at the moment is "fuzzy". Meaning, it'll look for pattern matches rather than exact string matches which is overall faster. It also means you don't need to type exactly what the collectible's name is, just roughly what it is (useful since a lot of the names aren't real). You can just go in blind, miss your keys and typo something like "mostuito" and you'll still get it at the top.

Though, the system isn't obvious from the UI so I'll see if I can clarify it. Maybe separate the first result from the rest where hitting enter would automatically go to its page.

I might add the option to match strictly in the future but in terms of priority, the current search is probably good enough since you'll still get the result you want.

javadoze

Anyone else have trouble getting certain quests to appear on the quest board? I tried looking for "Backup Request" so I can do the "Foggy Dilemma" Affinity quest, but it's nowhere to be seen.

-Horizon-

Finally got Mia.
Lol I think(?) I like her. Idk.

Anyone else have trouble getting certain quests to appear on the quest board? I tried looking for "Backup Request" so I can do the "Foggy Dilemma" Affinity quest, but it's nowhere to be seen.
Just keep exiting and entering the mission board.
Missions rotate so it might take some time to appear again.

brinstar

Hmm, I can't get Murderess' recruitment affinity quest to show up on my map or anything, I've completed Chapter 8 so I should be able to do it right?

-Horizon-

can someone check Beach Bum and Deep Dive for me in Social Rankings?
top 2 numbers
I'll check for you in a moment.

Edit here it is

Beach Bum:
azimsalimilukman - 67101
nazaire - 36150

Deep Diver:
nazaire - 243169
AKI95B - 123817

Hmm, I can't get Murderess' recruitment affinity quest to show up on my map or anything, I've completed Chapter 8 so I should be able to do it right?

I'm not sure if its tied to doing Irina's affinities or not.
Murderess' recruitment quest should be in the lower hangars behind the boxes that are straight ahead of where you get off of the big elevator.

Falcs

Banned
Posted this on some other game forums so thought I'd share what I made here too.

https://jahed.io/maps/xenoblade-chronicles-x/search#view=1

I made a FrontierNav web app. Right now it just lets you search for collectibles but I'm adding more stuff over time. (https://trello.com/b/SLAq49nh)

Screenshot:
k2OE9Rw.jpg

Let me know if you have any feedback, requests, issues, etc.

This is awesome!! Thanks for doing this!

tkscz

So what are good ways to getting the parts for a level 60 scale? I'm stuck on Elma's after game Affinity mission, even with the levels lowed, I can't beat them.

So what are good ways to getting the parts for a level 60 scale? I'm stuck on Elma's after game Affinity mission, even with the levels lowed, I can't beat them.

Those are mostly received from the Time Attack missions available from the BLADE Barracks but some of them like the Crude Neilnail masks had such bad drop rates for me that I just used reward tickets.

For that particular mission though you can beat it with level 50 skells. Just load up on Theroid slayer augments which are super easy to make. SLAYER.THEROID XX requires just 5 Fleecy Furs which you can get from the suids around NLA.

tkscz

Those are mostly received from the Time Attack missions available from the BLADE Barracks but some of them like the Crude Neilnail masks had such bad drop rates for me that I just used reward tickets.

For that particular mission though you can beat it with level 50 skells. Just load up on Theroid slayer augments which are super easy to make. SLAYER.THEROID XX requires just 5 Fleecy Furs which you can get from the suids around NLA.

Alright. I have 99 Fleecy Furs so I can make a lot of them. Just have to pay to put augments on my skells.

I actually got the Crude Neilneil Masks to drop faster by farming that Time Attack mission, lol. Treasure Sensor on everybody and an overdrive build to kill them in a hurry is the best.

Zalusithix

I have 192,079 revenue. Does anyone have a guide to get over 200,000?

Also, how often does it pay out?

Every 15 minutes IIRC, but the better question is why do you care? Money in this game is useless. That and you can gain it via Joker farming stupidly quick. Far faster than the probes could possibly give.

Hedja

Every 15 minutes IIRC, but the better question is why do you care? Money in this game is useless. That and you can gain it via Joker farming stupidly quick. Far faster than the probes could possibly give.

Isn't there that mission that requires 200k in one collection? Might be less, it's been a while.

Zalusithix

Hmm, ok. Im level 54 with my first lvl50 Skell. Am I too low to farm Joker?

The Joker is a pushover as far as high level Tyrants go. If you have the Amdusias, then you're set assuming you load up with a bunch of insect slaying augs and a Phoenix. If the Phoenix doesn't outright kill it, any decent shoulder weapons will finish the job.

Edit: In the very least the Phoenix should kill everything around the Joker which means you can (in a worst case scenario) jump out the skell and hop out the flower. You'll get all the loot from the other guys around him which *can* (but not often) have the best level 60 gear. Anything that isn't gets sold for tons of income. Meanwhile you'll be 60 from the incoming exp in extremely little time.

Hmm, ok. Im level 54 with my first lvl50 Skell. Am I too low to farm Joker?

Depends on how much else you have done. When I first found him it was after I made the lv 50 antimatter super weapon and one shot of it was enough to kill him and all of his groupies without anything extra. Now I was able to do that because I did some "bullshit farming" just as my normal play style. It was pretty much when the game went from "okay this fight is going to be tricky", to "I either one shot something or it isn't meant to be fought yet".

Not that you need a super weapon to farm joker, I'm pretty sure most people do it with Phoenix and some augments.

I'll check for you in a moment.

Edit here it is

Beach Bum:
azimsalimilukman - 67101
nazaire - 36150

Deep Diver:
nazaire - 243169
AKI95B - 123817

I'm not sure if its tied to doing Irina's affinities or not.
Murderess' recruitment quest should be in the lower hangars behind the boxes that are straight ahead of where you get off of the big elevator.

I won't have WiFi at home for a while but my credits are still low as hell so I'll stay 2nd place for a while

not going to stop though

Just a reply to thank the OP for the clear and to the point explanation for this game. I never played a JRPG and even RPG's that much, but this game looks quite interesting and it was quite cheap on the second hand market, so I bought it.

I just tumbled on this thread and it's nice to see such an expansive first post. I already printed out the newbie tips :p

TheMoon

Just a reply to thank the OP for the clear and to the point explanation for this game. I never played a JRPG and even RPG's that much, but this game looks quite interesting and it was quite cheap on the second hand market, so I bought it.

I just tumbled on this thread and it's nice to see such an expansive first post. I already printed out the newbie tips :p

Thanks, appreciate it. Though I wouldn't call it "clear" by any means. :D

I hope it serves you well as a starting point for the adventure and gives enough pointers to more detailed resources.

adroit

EDIT: I'm an idiot! The overdrive counter stops going up because my shots are missing! The answer is so much simpler than I realized! Sorry! Move along. Nothing to see here. Besides my cluelessness.

Original question (which no longer needs an answer):
What debuff are the Neilnail twins (time attack mission) using to stop my overdrive counter from going up? I checked the game manual and none of the debuffs mention freezing the overdrive counter.

Dead

well not really...yet
That Xenoblade is shit thread from the other day made me revisit the game, and it finally clicked.

Im about 16 hours in now and can't seem to stop. Guess it just took a little longer to get a hang of all the systems and overall structure...

After 2 months off I rebooted this to finish the last affinity mission remaining. It's the one with phog and fyre. Wasn't a very good one to finish on but I suppose that's the entire story of the game. Now the long wait for a sequel.

Floflo

Neo Member
Been playing 26 hours without realizing you have to level Arts manually -_-

There is another thing you may have missed: when you reach rank 10 in your current class, you should switch to another class to unlock more artes and optionally to change weapons. When you reach rank 10 in one of the highest-tier classes, you get the ability to use the weapons and arts event after switching to another class.

Dead

well not really...yet
There is another thing you may have missed: when you reach rank 10 in your current class, you should switch to another class to unlock more artes and optionally to change weapons. When you reach rank 10 in one of the highest-tier classes, you get the ability to use the weapons and arts event after switching to another class.
Yeah I had that figured

But lol, I can't believe I've been playing handicapped for over 20 hours

It's the Fierce Vigente boss in the affinity mission pre chapter 6 that made me realize as I could not beat him AT ALL...no wonder lol

javadoze

I just beat chapter 8 and I've been pretty weary of missing anything in the game. When I've been looking around at guides, people mention something happening in chapter 9 that will lead to a missable, so coupling that knowledge with ch 8's epilogue, am I right to assume
something will happen to Lao and that I should get his affinity all the way up
?

Minimal spoilers please.

Pokemaniac

I just beat chapter 8 and I've been pretty weary of missing anything in the game. When I've been looking around at guides, people mention something happening in chapter 9 that will lead to a missable, so coupling that knowledge with ch 8's epilogue, am I right to assume
?

Minimal spoilers please.

More or less. If you're worried about completion, also view all his heart-to-hearts.

jonjonaug

?

Minimal spoilers please.
Yes. However, those events do not count toward 100% map completion and are not tied to any achievements.

I have not been home for a week
I left my jumps running XD

I wonder if Elmii is still jumping or some error knocked her off
I go home tomorrow tho I still won't have WiFi for a week

That Xenoblade is shit thread from the other day made me revisit the game, and it finally clicked.

Im about 16 hours in now and can't seem to stop. Guess it just took a little longer to get a hang of all the systems and overall structure...

this is good

vid

After taking about a month off from the game, I finally returned to Mira tonight. Then I remembered that I was still stuck on Chapter 9, and it seems like the best solution is to buy a bunch of new Skell equipment.

Any suggestions for raising lots of credits this early (relative to endgame content) in the game?

Renewed

I don't see anything. Where?

Well this is what I see.

After taking about a month off from the game, I finally returned to Mira tonight. Then I remembered that I was still stuck on Chapter 9, and it seems like the best solution is to buy a bunch of new Skell equipment.

Any suggestions for raising lots of credits this early (relative to endgame content) in the game?

I think you can come up with a good credit setup while grinding some sort of Tyrant for decent equipment to sell is a decent secondary method while you wait for credits to come in.

Zalusithix

If you're getting past the first phase (where you can't use a skell), it shouldn't take much in the line of credits. I did it with two level 30 skells and the original 20. One of the 30s was a damn near stock Verus too. I'm assuming you have at least 3 skells by now? Just having beam sabers and g-busters, and melee boosting shields on the them should be enough. Throw on a phoenix to quickly whittle down the adds. It'd just be faster to farm the intergalactic versions of the weapons than to try to get credits, and they'll be better than store bought.

vid

I think you can come up with a good credit setup while grinding some sort of Tyrant for decent equipment to sell is a decent secondary method while you wait for credits to come in.

Thanks for this. I lack the Research Probes to make a good and proper multiplier chain, but this still helped a lot with some general placement to raise my income. This should help out quite a bit.

If you're getting past the first phase (where you can't use a skell), it shouldn't take much in the line of credits. I did it with two level 30 skells and the original 20. One of the 30s was a damn near stock Verus too. I'm assuming you have at least 3 skells by now? Just having beam sabers and g-busters, and melee boosting shields on the them should be enough. Throw on a phoenix to quickly whittle down the adds. It'd just be faster to farm the intergalactic versions of the weapons than to try to get credits, and they'll be better than store bought.

At this point I'm running with two Level 30 Skells and one Level 20, but I feel like they lack the equipment they need to push through. I'll try to farm some better equipment in the field and see if that plays out better than trying to buy my way to the next section.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks for this. I lack the Research Probes to make a good and proper multiplier chain, but this still helped a lot with some general placement to raise my income. This should help out quite a bit.

At this point I'm running with two Level 30 Skells and one Level 20, but I feel like they lack the equipment they need to push through. I'll try to farm some better equipment in the field and see if that plays out better than trying to buy my way to the next section.

If you can't beat other skells/ships get beam weapons.

Zalusithix

If you can't beat other skells/ships get beam weapons.

Elements are important. Beam and gravity are extremely efficient against anything mechanical in the game. As a bonus, gravity in particular is good against damn near everything else to boot. This is why the G-Buster is recommended for early game so much. Hits like a freight train and doesn't require any real build specialty. Beam sabers are good because not only are they beam which naturally does good damage to mechs, but they also do bonus damage. The phoenix in my recommendation isn't that great for what you're killing, but it makes up for it with a super wide AoE which helps when dealing with a number of weaker targets. The off shoulder probably wont even matter once you get the other weapons, but you could use a Drone or something if you really wanted overkill.

Edit: Also, don't be ashamed to reduce the difficulty. It's not worth wasting lots of time and money at chapter 9. Any real investment into level 30 skells is taking away from investment into level 50 skells which are far superior, and you'll want at least one good 50 going into the end game which can be a bit of a time sink.

vid

After knocking out a few small missions and letting my credits build a little more, I ended up getting a Verus for Elma, which put my party at three Lv. 30 Skells and poor Gwin stuck in my old Lv. 20 junker. That's all it took, though... one skell difference meant the difference between being destroyed and tearing the bosses apart without even a thought.

...and boy, that Post-Chapter 9 reward. XCX continues to blow me away.

PKrockin

I'd just like to say fuck you very much to the idiots who complained about the way Xenoblade showed you a few sentences' worth of battle tips after every several battles, as if that was too much to read. Now the game itself doesn't explain shit and people either play the game without knowing shit or they flood forums with posts asking what the hell is going on.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh man that chapter 9 boss was fucking haaaarrrddd.

I had a really hype ending to the fight though, all team mates dead, my skell is on its last legs, his skell is about to go down. Some he does 3000 damage to me in one hit and my skell explodes, I burst out of the flames photon sword in hand and deliver the final hit just as he hits me and leaves me at 400hp.

Oh man that chapter 9 boss was fucking haaaarrrddd.

I had a really hype ending to the fight though, all team mates dead, my skell is on its last legs, his skell is about to go down. Some he does 3000 damage to me in one hit and my skell explodes, I burst out of the flames photon sword in hand and deliver the final hit just as he hits me and leaves me at 400hp.

I must have been playing wrong, I didn't find any of the chapters at all challenging by the time I got to them.

Top Bottom