• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

When you say "get some materials" you mean like crafting materials for augments or weapons? Like you don't even get actual loot?

Monster parts, same as killing anything else. The Global Nemeses are more a vector for tickets than for crafting materials. I took like 500 RP off the last Telethia Plume, yet I only got one type of material from it, where if I went to kill the normal one, I'd actually get more useful parts.

hey guys I won't have WiFi access until next month
can someone post the top 3 for rankings in Deep Diver and Bikini Trade (forgot the title of that one Beach Bum?)

Elmii nazaire is me

Only got to play this for a couple weeks after release but brother in law borrowed it. >.>

Getting it back soon. Has anything been added to the game since then?

udivision

Decided to get back into the game today.
Put in a few hours.
Softlocked on the Affinity Chart... apparently that's a thing that happens.
Hooray.

rhandino

Banned
hey guys I won't have WiFi access until next month
can someone post the top 3 for rankings in Deep Diver and Bikini Trade (forgot the title of that one Beach Bum?)

Elmii nazaire is me
Will post it as soon as I get to my Wii U lol

---

I feel shame... after like 210 hours and 2 characters only know I noticed that after completing objectives of the Squad Tasks you unlock Squad Mission on BLADE Barracks that you can do with your in-game party or invite other players online.

I hate me T_T

rhandino

Banned
s5saIBC.jpg

57zVL9C.gif

visiting family got my WiiU online to update my Xeno charts but now I cannot seem to plug my gamepad to charge it :(

wtf is up with this cable? it can't fit into the gamepad slot anymore o_O

you sure you're not trying to plug it into a 3DS charger or something?

nah I never unplug the gamepad at all except to change a rubber band or today to pack it in my backpack the usb cable was hooked to the back of the WiiU

so it suddenly does not fit :(

I think I damaged it somehow it held the rubber band for my deep diver jumps so must have broken it

edit: hope getting a new usb charger cable is enough :( gamepad is not known for it's battery life at least I got a Pro at home too

matmanx1

I jumped in to the deep end last night with Skell ownership. I decided the best way to learn was just to buy three for the main group and run out into Oblivia and get into some combat.

Man, what a cool feature. I'm sure I've just scratched the surface of what Skells can do but holy cow are they fun. This game just keeps on delivering.

jrush64

Banned
Ok so when does this game pick up exactly? I'm fighting a boss in Chapter 5 and I'm not really feeling this game yet. I've just been doing random missions left and right.

So far, the game just seems so uneventful. Like the story missions are all so random and there is no main theme or something.

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles so much and i'm gonna try and keep playing this.

matmanx1

Ok so when does this game pick up exactly? I'm fighting a boss in Chapter 5 and I'm not really feeling this game yet. I've just been doing random missions left and right.

So far, the game just seems so uneventful. Like the story missions are all so random and there is no main theme or something.

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles so much and i'm gonna try and keep playing this.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "pick up". The main theme is pretty well spelled out. You're trying to find the Lifehold and fend off the aliens who are trying to get there first and destroy it. I believe it's at the conclusion of Chapter 5 that you find out why this is even more critical than you were first led to believe.

Otherwise, it's much more open and exploration driven than XC. Much of the "story" is in the characters that you choose to interact with and the affinity missions you choose to undertake.

I like it very much but I can see why others might not. I dig the exploration and the "creating my own hero" vibe but it does mean that there's less narrative structure than there was in the first game.

jrush64

Banned
I guess it depends on what you mean by "pick up". The main theme is pretty well spelled out. You're trying to find the Lifehold and fend off the aliens who are trying to get there first and destroy it. I believe it's at the conclusion of Chapter 5 that you find out why this is even more critical than you were first led to believe.

Otherwise, it's much more open and exploration driven than XC. Much of the "story" is in the characters that you choose to interact with and the affinity missions you choose to undertake.

I like it very much but I can see why others might not. I dig the exploration and the "creating my own hero" vibe but it does mean that there's less narrative structure than there was in the first game.

Yeah after I finished the boss in chapter 5, i just learned about the
mimosa's
or whatever it's called.

I'm a little disappointed it has a less narrative structure, but at least it seemed things are moving forward finally. I'll keep playing though.

flyover

The more I play this game, the more I'm convinced that the real goal of Project Exodus was to save all of earth's tank tops.

alvis.exe

Yeah after I finished the boss in chapter 5, i just learned about the
mimosa's
or whatever it's called.

I'm a little disappointed it has a less narrative structure, but at least it seemed things are moving forward finally. I'll keep playing though.

I think as long as you approach the main story with limited expectations it should be fine. Stuff does happen and there are some cool cutscenes, but it's pretty obvious they were working on a budget haha. On the other hand the little stories you get from the normal missions are vastly improved compared to XC's and they really open up after Chapter 5 thanks to the addition of
the Ma-non and all the other races you can start recruiting to NLA.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
The more I play this game, the more I'm convinced that the real goal of Project Exodus was to save all of earth's tank tops.

LOL that would have made a great OT title!

I dove back into this game for an hour yesterday. I want to get Ares 90. I know there are a ton of guides online, but I haven't seen a definitive answer to: "Where are all the locations of the Booster and Storage Probes?". I just finished the Planetary Pioneering and got another one of those, so I think I have MOST of them, but I'm not sure which one or two I'm missing.

I already beat the game, so I have access to mostly everything... can someone help point me in the right direction? Isn't there one or two that are located in the world in a treasure box that you have to Mash A to open?

jonjonaug

LOL that would have made a great OT title!

I dove back into this game for an hour yesterday. I want to get Ares 90. I know there are a ton of guides online, but I haven't seen a definitive answer to: "Where are all the locations of the Booster and Storage Probes?". I just finished the Planetary Pioneering and got another one of those, so I think I have MOST of them, but I'm not sure which one or two I'm missing.

I already beat the game, so I have access to mostly everything... can someone help point me in the right direction? Isn't there one or two that are located in the world in a treasure box that you have to Mash A to open?
Yeah, there's a couple you get from those. IIRC completing the Collectapedia in Cauldros also gives you a Duplicator Probe.

You don't need all of the Storage/Booster/Dupe probes though, just most of them. A google search for "xenoblade storage probe locations" should get you a list.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yeah, there's a couple you get from those. IIRC completing the Collectapedia in Cauldros also gives you a Duplicator Probe.

You don't need all of the Storage/Booster/Dupe probes though, just most of them. A google search for "xenoblade storage probe locations" should get you a list.

Okay so here's what I have:
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jNvfvEL17IhXp

I need to make this: http://kutkucafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/5102.png

Here's my solution, in case everyone else needs it...

Duplicator Probes:
So I need to do the two Tobias Quests: Which is to return money to him, and then Oblivion Canyon : Near Spot 307 also has a probe.

Storage Probes:
Looks like I need to do the Kristy quests and visit : In a cave, north east of Spot 401, and On the edge, south segment under spot 514

Flintty

Gaf I really need help. I haven't played in a while but started again today.

I just chose my first division and took a mission but I can't use any offensive arts in combat, they all have a red circle with a line through them. Any ideas why? I can't do anything :( Google was useless.

matmanx1

I just chose my first division and took a mission but I can't use any offensive arts in combat, they all have a red circle with a line through them. Any ideas why? I can't do anything :( Google was useless.

Wrong weapon equipped? Arts are tied to your gear so for your starting class you need a knife and an assault rifle, if I remember right.

Flintty

Wrong weapon equipped? Arts are tied to your gear so for your starting class you need a knife and an assault rifle, if I remember right.

I thought it might be this but I only have one equipable rifle, I don't remember changing it. Perhaps I need to visit a vendor. Thanks.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Hmm... yeah sounds like maybe you have a wrong weapon tied to your Arts? Try checking your Ground Gear again, I know when you switch classes it unequips you from your current weapons.

Also, it could be that you have "TP Arts" (Arts that use TP, which is "Magic Power" basically) and you don't have any TP to use those arts.

If you can't figure it out take some screenshots on Miiverse and post them here so we can see what you see.

Flintty

Hmm... yeah sounds like maybe you have a wrong weapon tied to your Arts? Try checking your Ground Gear again, I know when you switch classes it unequips you from your current weapons.

Also, it could be that you have "TP Arts" (Arts that use TP, which is "Magic Power" basically) and you don't have any TP to use those arts.

If you can't figure it out take some screenshots on Miiverse and post them here so we can see what you see.

I reloaded the game and it seemed to work. God knows what was wrong with it. Thanks for the help.

flyover

It can also happen with melee arts, when you're fighting something that stays just frustratingly out of melee reach -- even if it appears to be close enough to hit. I think that happened a lot with Oc-servs for me.

In any case, glad it cleared up for you!

Boogiepop

Okay, so I'm a complete newb here at this (just got through the chapter where
the part of the Lifehold is destroyed and L joins you and all that jazz
). Starting to get the hang of it, but I have 2 quick questions: What exactly limits whether or not you can revive a character? I did it a few times early on, but I haven't been able to lately, so I'm assuming there's some sort of condition to it. And secondly, is there any kind of quicker way to adding characters (as in the in-game ones) to your party than to wander around the map looking for them? Seems kind of inconvenient to need to do that whenever you want to fill up your party and get moving...

Renewed

Okay, so I'm a complete newb here at this (just got through the chapter where
the part of the Lifehold is destroyed and L joins you and all that jazz
). Starting to get the hang of it, but I have 2 quick questions: What exactly limits whether or not you can revive a character? I did it a few times early on, but I haven't been able to lately, so I'm assuming there's some sort of condition to it. And secondly, is there any kind of quicker way to adding characters (as in the in-game ones) to your party than to wander around the map looking for them? Seems kind of inconvenient to need to do that whenever you want to fill up your party and get moving...

Party members revive after you win/escape a battle or spend 3000 TP to revive them during battle. Looking for party members on-foot and talking to them is the only way to add them to the team. I think I wrote a thing on locations that's in the OP and you can Ctrl+F for the character. Maybe I can spruce it up.

Boogiepop

Party members revive after you win/escape a battle or spend 3000 TP to revive them during battle. Looking for party members on-foot and talking to them is the only way to add them to the team. I think I wrote a thing on locations that's in the OP and you can Ctrl+F for the character. Maybe I can spruce it up.

Ah, just spent some time reading up, and it looks like the "problem" I was running into was the way that some Arts use TP, which I wasn't realizing (as I hadn't been paying attention to TP in general, to be honest). And that seems really inconvenient and a big shame that they couldn't just, say, make an option on one of those terminals for conveniently adding story characters into your party quickly.

Oh well, I'll definitely check out that location info then, since that should definitely help, and thanks for the info in general!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I think I'm going to give up my quest for Ares 90.

I have to get these damn Storage probes, from Tobias and Kristy - and I don't know where the fuck their missions are, even after looking at online guides, they're not showing up because I haven't done this OTHER mission that makes them show up... and yeah, screw it. I'm bummed but every time I want to do post game content in this game it becomes a "All you need is this X item, but first you have to talk to this person, who is found after dong this quest, which is unlocked after finding this collectble, which is only found on this location..." and yeah. I need to have a damn spreadsheet open at all times to play this game to locate everything.

Ergh, I'm just bummed because I really do want to do more of this game, but it honestly just feels like WORK rather than something enjoyable. So I guess, I'm out.

matmanx1

Man I think I'm going to give up my quest for Ares 90.

I have to get these damn Storage probes, from Tobias and Kristy - and I don't know where the fuck their missions are, even after looking at online guides, they're not showing up because I haven't done this OTHER mission that makes them show up... and yeah, screw it. I'm bummed but every time I want to do post game content in this game it becomes a "All you need is this X item, but first you have to talk to this person, who is found after dong this quest, which is unlocked after finding this collectble, which is only found on this location..." and yeah. I need to have a damn spreadsheet open at all times to play this game to locate everything.

Ergh, I'm just bummed because I really do want to do more of this game, but it honestly just feels like WORK rather than something enjoyable. So I guess, I'm out.

I have a love/hate relationship with XCX over this. Some degree of mystery and sense of discovery is great and I love it when I find a quest that opens up because of previous quests. But missing out on stuff because of the same kind of treatment stinks and is all kinds of painful if you are trying to go back and figure out where you originally missed something.

XCX is obtuse and inscrutable and yet I still love it in a similar way to the Souls games. They have something in common in that regard.

In other news, I now own the full 4 disc OST and I am currently listening to it. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I dig it. It reminds me in some respects of Guilty Crown's (an anime) OST and the music was the best thing about that show.

Golnei

In other news, I now own the full 4 disc OST and I am currently listening to it. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I dig it. It reminds me in some respects of Guilty Crown's (an anime) OST and the music was the best thing about that show.

Both of them had that standardised Sawano sound, but I generally preferred his work in X - maybe it's because of how it was used ingame, but I'd actually put it over most of his non-Gundam anime soundtracks. Still, despite liking a fair bit of it, I'm not sure I'd want the next game to have a completely Sawano soundtrack even if it is a direct sequel; it could easily get very stale if he produces another score of similar size in the same style. Him continuing to contribute among other composers might be a better choice for some more variety while still maintaining stylistic continuity with its predecessor. Kind of like what the Final Fantasy XIII sequels did with Hamauzu; apart from the fact that most people would have actually wanted the latter to remain as a primary composer.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have a love/hate relationship with XCX over this. Some degree of mystery and sense of discovery is great and I love it when I find a quest that opens up because of previous quests. But missing out on stuff because of the same kind of treatment stinks and is all kinds of painful if you are trying to go back and figure out where you originally missed something.

Yeah, that definitely describes it best.

When you play this game without a "goal" and more just explore and have fun, and accomplish things along the way... the game is 10/10. But when you hone in on "I want to reach this particular goal" that's when the game gets in your way.

Xenoblade is at its best when you're playing for the journey, and the game turns awful when you're playing for the destination.

Blues1990

If there was one thing that I wanted to game to be updated with, was an option for volume level sliders, so I could adjust the in-game audio any way I see fit.

Boogiepop

...the side bonus sliding gun attack is dangerous. Was doing chapter 5 and was going after one of those
target turrets
after carefully cleaning out the other enemies. Tried to avoid it happening, but somehow it still sent me flying off an edge into a bottomless pit. I'm now kind of afraid to use it near any edge whatsoever.

So guys I need some help. I finally hit L50 and I can't decide what L50 Skell I want for my character. Tried looking through threads on GameFAQs but there's all sorts of different recommendations making it all the more difficult to choose. I've definitely favored Melee attacks with my character outside of Skell combat so I was looking at ones like the Inferno or Lailah

"Just get the Level 50 version of the one you have been using" you might say...

Well, I've been using the Urban both the Level 20 and 30 versions, and it just doesn't pack enough punch for my liking (again, I want something that can really match the Duelist arts of my character)

Finished up Chapter 9 btw

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So guys I need some help. I finally hit L50 and I can't decide what L50 Skell I want for my character. Tried looking through threads on GameFAQs but there's all sorts of different recommendations making it all the more difficult to choose. I've definitely favored Melee attacks with my character outside of Skell combat so I was looking at ones like the Inferno or Lailah

"Just get the Level 50 version of the one you have been using" you might say...

Well, I've been using the Urban both the Level 20 and 30 versions, and it just doesn't pack enough punch for my liking (again, I want something that can really match the Duelist arts of my character)

Honestly a good overdrive build is going to surpass pretty much everything short a lvl60 super skell.

If you want something that packs a big punch then grab one of the heavies. Those hit the hardest.

Honestly a good overdrive build is going to surpass pretty much everything short a lvl60 super skell.

If you want something that packs a big punch then grab one of the heavies. Those hit the hardest.

Yeah I found a list of Skell Overdrives and just went with an Amdusias.

Also, damn my luck, accidentally stumbled upon an unspoiled image of BIG SPOILERS

Elma's real body. And I had just done one of the early Affinity Missions where she teases how different it looks. When she said that I thought it was going to turn out she was handicapped or something. On one hand, I hate being spoiled, on the other hand I'm all the more intrigued about who she is. Hopefully it's not like Twilight Princess' ending where she goes "Well yep, this is what I really look like" and leaves it at that.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yeah I found a list of Skell Overdrives and just went with an Amdusias.

Also, damn my luck, accidentally stumbled upon an unspoiled image of BIG SPOILERS

Elma's real body. And I had just done one of the early Affinity Missions where she teases how different it looks. When she said that I thought it was going to turn out she was handicapped or something. On one hand, I hate being spoiled, on the other hand I'm all the more intrigued about who she is. Hopefully it's not like Twilight Princess' ending where she goes "Well yep, this is what I really look like" and leaves it at that.

Yeah have low expectations. I enjoyed the games ending but it definitely leaves you with more questions than answers. I love the whole premise of the game, they just left a lot on the table... You're not going to get a "complete" story from this game sadly.

Top Bottom