• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

rhandino

Banned
They're all G2 actually, though I don't know if that increases output of specific materials.

Guess I should have taped the analog stick down old school style.

It's not "not ideal" it's a stupid quest and has soured me on the entire game... I'm hoping there's nothing else this poorly designed going forward.

Luckily I actually enjoy the more banal aspects of the game (kill X things, kill named guy, get these pipes) but I'm locked into this bloody affinity quest until I complete it and having it tied to gathering from mining probes (that could not even give you the material you need) is, for some reason, infuriating to me. Not to mention the other parts of the quest which are poorly explained... but at least that is in line with the entire game.

Ugh, just want to get this POS done so I can get back to actually enjoying the game. :-/

Edit: I'm prolly just mad cause everything else up to this point has been so sublime.
There are more sidequests that require some materials obtained trough FrontierNav but as long as you have your Mining Probe game on poinT you will have the items most of the time.

I think that quest during the Repair Job sidequest it's just there so people understand how important is Data Probing while exploring since it's one of the, if not the most, important means of getting money in the game and the material are needed for crafting.

iinm
it is possible, but you need to find some random info telling how to diffuse a bomb, then at that scene pick the other option
note that this is what someone posted here before... i myself picked the same option as you lol

The worst part is that all the asshole responses to that mission made Celicas affinity go up. Shes into some weird stuff man.

If you want to know...

You could have saved Ackwar by diffusing that bomb. I saved before that choice so I saw both scenarios. By diffusing the bomb Gerome still dies, but his body is still there. Ackwar then finds poison in his body as well as pizza and was able to piece everything together. When you face Powell, Ackwar only plays dead and is yet to be buried. He interrupts Powell, before he could go into detail about the Ma-non killing his wife then fight starts.

Just did a run through of that one and restarted. I prevented him from blowing up but he still dies. In the end, my outcome was that Ackwar lives and Powell and everybody else died :p
I'm going to try again and see if I can get a more satisfying outcome, but I once found out in another quest that the bad outcome can be the more entertaining outcome. I'm glad I got to see the bad outcome for
---Alien Nation---
in particular, didn't realize the normal quests could get that shocking despite what I heard about the normal quests before.

Ah thanks guys.
Poor dude was destined to die. I felt bad for Powell though I wonder how much of his story is true. I can imagine the Man-on being complete assholes as well regarding the pizza and when you add that annoying voice on top of the complaints, I'd jump in front of a bunch of hungry Grexes myself.

And is it me or is it very easy to sneak Skells out of NLA. Hangar security is butt.

Irminsul

I just finished the first quest for / with H. B. and thus entered Noctilum for the first time. It was night at that time.

Wow. WOW! I had some Pandora vibes before, but Noctilum really does invoke the same feeling as Avatar did
(only with a better story)
, and that really is a good thing for me.

Xenoboy

Did some nice progress just now.
Finished Chapter 8.
I wonder if Lao is a mole now...
Did a mission where I had to talk some sense into Alex, and yeah...
And finally, that fucking Frasie.
She got the easy end of the stick i feel and the priest is not going to welcome her anywhere on my watch
. Anyways, that line of quests was just so dark.

h0tp0ck3t

Ok I need some serious help with the last phase of the final boss.
The part where your Skells run out of fuel for some unexplainable reason.
All my characters are in the 50s but I'm still getting beat badly even after lowering the difficulty. Any specific augments I should be looking into for this fight?

Edit: More info. I'm using Elma Lin and HB. My char is running Assault Rifle + Photon Saber

You can't quit out of a main story mission can you? I started cheater 9, saved, and now I get destroyed in an incredibly tough boss battle (of which I understand there are two!)

zroid

Banned
I'm finding it really hard to choose between going the Blast Fencer route vs going the Psycorrupter route. Both look really cool.

I'd suggest start with Psycorruptor because you already have those weapons. Then once you've mastered it, do Blast Fencer, and you can keep your old weapons for a while till you've filled up some of the Psycholauncher/Photon Saber arts.

lyrick

In need of some postgame gearing tips for ground missions.

I've crafted the lvl 60 melee weapons to get me stared, but they're not really enough for hanging out in any areas stronger than the last mission of the Delfinian sidequests.

I've been farming Sylooth & Cantors to build some
Melee Atk XX
augments, but will still be lacking on the armor side.

I've run across a certain Chimera in Noctilum
's Vitriol Cesspool
that is going to require some Control resistance, but are there any other very late game armor augments that are recommended or required?

I'd suggest start with Psycorruptor because you already have those weapons. Then once you've mastered it, do Blast Fencer, and you can keep your old weapons for a while till you've filled up some of the Psycholauncher/Photon Saber arts.

Good idea, thanks!

correojon

I´ve seen that Lin and Elma are at Class rank 20. I´ve been switching classes as soon as I got to rank 10 so I never bothered to check if I could go beyond that...Is it possible to become a rank 20 Fullmetal Jaguar?

I´ve seen that Lin and Elma are at Class rank 20. I´ve been switching classes as soon as I got to rank 10 so I never bothered to check if I could go beyond that...Is it possible to become a rank 20 Fullmetal Jaguar?

no... party characters got up to rank 20 because they can't change their class

random25

Nope. Only the other characters can go up to 20, since it's a way to compensate for their inability to change classes unlike the MC.

Damn the Definian Downfall mission is really hard. Getting destroyed inside the cave. Managed to find the keys but I'm getting wrecked by everyone. Everything is like aggro there and you get swarmed so quickly. Ugh.

Think she also tells enemies to flee or has this crazy giggle when fighting in a skell. >.>

Oh yeah. Shes super casual about it too. "I think you should flee he he he"

All the characters become cocky and bloodthirsty when you give them Skells.

All my characters are in the 50s but I'm still getting beat badly even after lowering the difficulty. Any specific augments I should be looking into for this fight?

Edit: More info. I'm using Elma Lin and HB. My char is running Assault Rifle + Photon Saber

I still don't understand why they did that on the final encounter.
I didn't even see what caused the fuel to drain. It's a very stupid mechanic and comes out of nowhere.

I don't know what class you are, but I had to switch to my maxed out Galaxy Knight to finally beat that boss. The melee combos work well against it. And if worst comes to worst, just leave your game idle after you die and let your fuel recharge. It'll take a long time, but if you have something else to do... Again, it's a very dumb mechanic.

Fandangox

Damn the Definian Downfall mission is really hard. Getting destroyed inside the cave. Managed to find the keys but I'm getting wrecked by everyone. Everything is like aggro there and you get swarmed so quickly. Ugh.

For the Rexoskell fight you will want to get some Mechanoid Slayer XX augments, probably get Ghostwalker, and at least have a dedicated "Reviver" on your team because your teamates are going to be dying often.

Made a bunch of progress yesterday, finally completing chapter 9 and getting the flight module. The already massive continents seem even larger once you start exploring from the sky. The upper reaches of Noctilum, the sphere of Sylvalum and the top of Oblivia's ring were the first places I ventured to
with two of the three resulting in all of my skells getting wiped out :(

I know I'm just echoing what others have said but I really dislike the flying music. It's not that it's terrible (but I just know that within a couple hours I'm going to be sick of it) but replacing the continent music which I adore leaves me with a bad taste. It's even worse when the generic prone music and the
upper Noctilum
music actually do cancel out the flying music. Oh well, as someone who really enjoys the soundtrack on a whole, I'll have to just get used to it.

I haven't seen a whole lot of posters having trouble with chapter 9 which is surprising because I found it to be the toughest so far. Granted I may have been underleveled at first (30) but by the time I actually beat it, I was level 37 and still died to the
first phase of the boss a bunch of times. The grunts were no problem but the two main enemies hit really hard, not to mention the lion guy's one hit kill attack which caught me off guard. The second phase however was really easy in comparison.

I'm now around the 60 hours mark and have no intention of stopping soon. I'm enjoying it much more than I was around the 40 hour mark where I kind of burned myself out with all the side quests. They're mostly gone now so my main point of frustration is how long it takes to grind affinity. Doug has been on my team for about 5 hours now and is still barely past 2 hearts affinity.

Chaos17

Watched roomate doing Yelv affinity quest
Me : "What happened ?! Why Eleonora is talking to a copy of Yelv while you've him in your party ?"
Roomate : "I don't know what happened o_o"

h0tp0ck3t

I still don't understand why they did that on the final encounter.
I didn't even see what caused the fuel to drain. It's a very stupid mechanic and comes out of nowhere.

I don't know what class you are, but I had to switch to my maxed out Galaxy Knight to finally beat that boss. The melee combos work well against it. And if worst comes to worst, just leave your game idle after you die and let your fuel recharge. It'll take a long time, but if you have something else to do... Again, it's a very dumb mechanic.

I know I thought maybe
It was an attack he used but nope. Board your Skell, fuels all gone. So stupid

I like that Galactic knight idea. might try loading up on Melee Arts then use the Ramjet rifle to keep my TP high enough for overdrive spam. Thanks!

Dineren

Banned
I know I'm just echoing what others have said but I really dislike the flying music. It's not that it's terrible (but I just know that within a couple hours I'm going to be sick of it) but replacing the continent music which I adore leaves me with a bad taste. It's even worse when the generic prone music and the
upper Noctilum
music actually do cancel out the flying music. Oh well, as someone who really enjoys the soundtrack on a whole, I'll have to just get used to it.

90 hours in and this is one of my biggest gripes. I eventually started walking around in my skell instead of flying, but that has its own problems and since the jump is gone you're limited in how much you can actually do that.

mewmew42

Star wars battlefront by EA failed to give the ultimate Jedi experience

Fallout 4 lightsaber mod seem too tacked on

Please help with my pure Jedi lightsaber build

I will not use skell or any guns

Obviously use blast fencer or galactic night class

How about aesthetics? Which armor and which weapon is best?

I will spam skyfall rondo and blossom, any buffs I can use? Any force like powers?

Need ideas please

Fandangox

Watched roomate doing Yelv affinity quest
Me : "What happened ?! Why Eleonora is talking to a copy of Yelv while you've him in your party ?"
Roomate : "I don't know what happened o_o"

The ending to that quest is the biggest "W.T.F" in the game.

Like really, what the fuck.

chadboban

37 hours without rushing it and I'm just getting my first Skell. Man this thing is AWESOME!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rtyoy.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0107obg.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_016dsbo.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0133rxl.jpg

In need of some postgame gearing tips for ground missions.

I've crafted the lvl 60 melee weapons to get me stared, but they're not really enough for hanging out in any areas stronger than the last mission of the Delfinian sidequests.

I've been farming Sylooth & Cantors to build some
]Melee Atk XX
augments, but will still be lacking on the armor side.

I've run across a certain Chimera in Noctilum
's Vitriol Cesspool
that is going to require some Control resistance, but are there any other very late game armor augments that are recommended or required?
Armour drops you want ultra infinite/boundless which drop from enemies level 66 and higher. So mostly tyrants. I wrote about those armours already including a few locations for certain brands. Some brands might have bias toward certain augments but my feeling is certain body pieces can have certain augments.

In terms on weapons farm some weapons from Joker the Unkowable & co, some Insectoid slayer XX on a Skell is a must. I prefer a Skell using Phoenix as I can kill more enemies that way (but can't KO joker with one art). The enemies usually drop level 57 weapons but rarely 60. Joker is mostly level 60. These will be much better than the level 60 archetype weapon you probably just made. The level 60 weapons you can find blueprints for as enemey drops have 3 empty slots, better stats but no built-in augments. Some high level tyrants also exclusively drop weapons and those might be better to farm if using Ares 90 (I prefer doing this as less "crap" to sell or treasure deal off). Also your character class also biases weapon drops so class up appropriately.

Another good weapon is the 512 (+/-3) attack gravity longsword. FN307 Dadaan, the strongest prone tyrant is the only drop for this. You're going to aim for a dishonorable cheap KOing it with the Ares 90 cannon (maybe a few humanoid slayer needed, also don't forget the skell opening art damage up augment found in the middle of nowhere). From what I've observed the gravity longsword can have the same augments built-in as the 444 (+/-99) Ether longsword (do note stability is not too useful on the gravity longsword due to having a range of 6 attack and I disagree about accuracy being useful because you apparently have 100% accuracy when in overdrive). The benefit of the ether longsword is because of the core crusher skill which reduces appendage damage but boosts ether based damage but I like breaking appendages and the other drawback of the ether longsword is it only drops from that Chimera you're talking about :p

As for resist control, doesn't overdrive eventually give you 100 resist to everything or something? Even so I'm sure I've seen some resist augments appears on ultra body and leg armour.

zroid

Banned
I still don't have a flying f'ing clue how Skell Overdrive works

it just keeps extending for some reason and I don't know what's going on

ugoo18

The Superweapons in this are crazy. The level 50 Megabuster i made earlier already impressed me by OHKOing that level 81 Simius tyrant that runs around Primordia. I just made the Level 60 Deus Crusher and that's even crazier damage wise lol. Can't wait to make the Level 60 Zenith cannon and the Level 60 Megabuster to try them out.

Pejo

Does anybody here know of any good spots to grind to level 30?

I'd like to get some skells for the rest of my party quickly.

I used Prone camps with the little robot guys, first in the southeast of Oblivia for level 22-30 enemies, then once I had a few skells, I went to Sylvanis (the snow continent if the spelling is off) and to the south towards the center, where there's 2 sets of robots you can grind super quickly to 30. I got pretty much the entire cast to 30 in a few hours at that second camp. Plus, because you're grinding on the robots, you have a chance at orange skell weapons. The 2nd camp I mentioned even drops orange G-busters.

Renewed

Hit 100% in Primordia, Oblivia and Cauldros. Just need to find whatever these missions are for Sylvalum and settle things with bigbadjerkface in Divine Roost.

Although
for the Telethia, I got a split in a mission where I can kill the Telethia or just report back and end the mission. I'll do this dammit

Also Secret File Art of Mira is arriving today, woo

what I did was when most of my party had red health and the boss had a tiny bit left

I boarded my Skell again since it had health and only missing fuel To Find It was refueled! Killed the boss - I think most people hate it because they do not think of going back to the useless Skells - like most buff attacks it has a limit

For the Rexoskell fight you will want to get some Mechanoid Slayer XX augments, probably get Ghostwalker, and at least have a dedicated "Reviver" on your team because your teamates are going to be dying often.

Sounds good, thanks!

Any ideas on where I can find more Puges in Primordia? I was able to make 2 of those augments but I need the cranks that puges drop to make more.

jonjonaug

Hit 100% in Primordia, Oblivia and Cauldros. Just need to find whatever these missions are for Sylvalum and settle things with bigbadjerkface in Divine Roost.

Although
for the Telethia, I got a split in a mission where I can kill the Telethia or just report back and end the mission. I'll do this dammit

Also Secret File Art of Mira is arriving today, woo
For the Telethia, I found out the hard way that you won't get the segment recon if that quest is active. So if you want the special outcome to that quest and the segment recon you'll have to beat the Telethia twice.

Your missing missions in Sylvalum are probably the following:
Two of them start from the Wrothian stronghold in Oblivia at night, with one quest being a prereq for the other. One of them you need to kill a "Stray Noppotomus" near the wreckage of that one boss, then visit the Nopon Caravan during the day.

Top Bottom