• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Chastten

Banned
So... noob question even after 105 hours.

Before the weekend I was farming the level 35 multiplayer co-op boss thingy that required the blade medals to accept the mission. I got quite some reward tickets but not quite enough yet. Problem is, the boss doesnt seem to be here anymore though. The console tells me there are currently no missions available.

Is he timed or am I supposed to farm something else as well to access those mission?

Jisgsaw

Ok, so after like 80+H played, I'm curious:
How do melee/ranged combo work exactly? Do you have to chain melee/ranged arts without interruption, or does an auto-attack reset the combo if you're waiting for an art to recharge?

37 hours without rushing it and I'm just getting my first Skell. Man this thing is AWESOME!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rtyoy.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0107obg.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_016dsbo.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0133rxl.jpg

I'm still amazed at the lighting on the skells. Looks way beyond a WiiU game

Fandangox

which character's Art or Skill is a good
"Reviver"
?

Just remove all TP skills from someone with good HP and Attribute defences, give them either a TP gain or TP Max (lots of armor/weapons have this one) and they should usually have over 3000 TP with nothing to use it on but reviving teamates.

For a while I had Yelv's use his HP < > TP swap, he would usually begin the battles with those, and I would use a healing art to quickly get heal him, so he would end up reviving teamates if it were to come to that, I eventually found a better build and just gave Yelv his TP arts back.

random25

Ok, so after like 80+H played, I'm curious:
How do melee/ranged combo work exactly? Do you have to chain melee/ranged arts without interruption, or does an auto-attack reset the combo if you're waiting for an art to recharge?

Melee combo is you first use a melee art before another art, whether ranged or another melee. Same with ranged except you start with ranged. Basically, a combo follows the type of art you used previously before the next art.

Jisgsaw

Melee combo is you first use a melee art before another art, whether ranged or another melee. Same with ranged except you start with ranged. Basically, a combo follows the type of art you used previously before the next art.

Ok, so if I do melee art -> melee art -> melee auto-attack -> melee art, I'd have two melle combos at the start, but not a third after the auto attack, correct?

Xenoboy

This game keeps introducing new xenos one after another in sidequests.
The latest addition being
Tree Prones.
I like how different these xenos live and their personalities too.

random25

Ok, so if I do melee art -> melee art -> melee auto-attack -> melee art, I'd have two melle combos at the start, but not a third after the auto attack, correct?

Yup. I think there's some sort of a time limit, so if you act fast after the melee auto-attack, the third melee attack can still connect to the melee combo. Same with ranged. I tried to experiment it with a multi-hit art that gets boosted with a melee combo. The first half still gets boosted while the other half gets none because I used the art a bit too late after a melee art.

Jisgsaw

Yup. I think there's some sort of a time limit, so if you act fast after the melee auto-attack, the third melee attack can still connect to the melee combo. Same with ranged. I tried to experiment it with a multi-hit art that gets boosted with a melee combo. The first half still gets boosted while the other half gets none because I used the art a bit too late after a melee art.

Ok thanks.
I think I'll switch to jedi Galactic Knight then, getting a bit tired of my FMJ skills I've used up till now.

So... noob question even after 105 hours.

Before the weekend I was farming the level 35 multiplayer co-op boss thingy that required the blade medals to accept the mission. I got quite some reward tickets but not quite enough yet. Problem is, the boss doesnt seem to be here anymore though. The console tells me there are currently no missions available.

Is he timed or am I supposed to farm something else as well to access those mission?

timed/global hp bar

random25

Ok thanks.
I think I'll switch to jedi Galactic Knight then, getting a bit tired of my FMJ skills I've used up till now.

Galactic Knight is a melee king. Like almost every art gets criticals at melee combos you just forget to use those psycho launchers lol. Though I prefer duelist with True Stream Edge and Blossom Dance

Could someone remind me who to get to the Caravan with Tatsu's brothers and sisters? I didn't have Lin in my party when I spoke to them but I've forgotten how to get there.

rhandino

Banned
Why are people defending this OST
Compared to XBC? It's almost insulting ;-;
Its different but it has a lot going for it tbh and some of the areas song are already up there with the best of the best of Xenoblade (Primordia (Day) = Gaur Plains)

I will concede that each area of NLA could have variations of the same theme (like the Bazaar in Skyward Sword) so each area could feel more unique but eh, I like that song and the night one.

NOuRrV5.jpg

Please tell me it's not HB.
Well, its called The Perfect From isn't? =P

TheMoon

...what?

I only own Nintendo games on WiiU. Never seen lighting like that before

Look at MK8 again, the matte vehicles. Don't get distracted by the jaggies, though. Not saying it's the same exact tech (I have no idea) but a lot of it gets lost in the cartoony graphics and ultra hectic gameplay of those games. Or the fruit in Pikmin 3, remember how everyone got hungry looking at those? :)

mewmew42

I'm at level 25 starting chapter 5. Where is the best place to level up quickly? Please respond.

Level 30

Grind your way to get first skell, not the best tip but I can't figure out below level 20 grind spot

To grind to level 30, get license and first level 20 skell and farm at

FN site 214 east noctilum, jump off the ledge kill level 28 mobs, they look like dinosours, once not giving much experience move to

South oblivia, go to balance rock, go east and farm
Level 32 turkey chickens, then farm level 35-36 dinosaurs east of balance rock
You can get to balance rock from south coast, south oblivia, maybe try FN site 313

Level 40

Sylvalum west, place called badr basin, swim to continent if you have to, close to FN site 408
From there go to north east pentagon area from badr basin
There will be 4 skell enemies forming a circle
Kill the enemy skell that is lonely without a buddy
Fast travel to farm the lonely enemy skell

Farming the skell near badr basin will drop great level 30 skell weapon and armor
Buy level 30 skell
I used verus
The lonely level 40 skell dropped a SRM XM330 BB sword
Very important to grind for this sword.one G buster hit and One BB sword hit will hit 75% life out of level 55 enemy skells

zroid

Banned
Galactic Knight is a melee king. Like almost every art gets criticals at melee combos you just forget to use those psycho launchers lol. Though I prefer duelist with True Stream Edge and Blossom Dance

Dual Guns + Photon Saber is godlike

#BlessPrimer

that reminds me I mastered GK last night but not sure which class to switch to now. I'm dreading losing 1-2 skills when I switch tho. Don't really feel like changing my build at all but I know I need to keep hoarding skills.

Soulflarz

Banned
I just duelist, save 1500 TP, let off my offensive stance->magnum edge->rising blade->burning blade or w/e->incidiary edge->ultraslash->tornado blade

I nearly downed the final boss of ch 11 in one go.

Fandangox

Why are people defending this OST
Compared to XBC? It's almost insulting ;-;

The OST is mostly fine on its own, but the way it was implemented it was pretty bad, the music will drawn out the dialogue in cutscenes, or use music that just doesn't fit at all. Or overuse some like the "comedic relief" music.

Then most battle music has lyrics, which you cannot hear cause the battle dialogue drawn out that.

zroid

Banned
The Background Noise skill is too good if you can stay behind the enemy. Combined with the melee combos of the Photon Saber, hooo boy.

Soulflarz

Banned
The OST is mostly fine on its own, but the way it was implemented it was pretty bad, the music will drawn out the dialogue in cutscenes, or use music that just doesn't fit at all. Or overuse some like the "comedic relief" music.

Then most battle music has lyrics, which you cannot hear cause the battle dialogue drawn out that.

I will give it that

Like when we discuss battle plans and theres a dramatic song full of singing in it....
why
It also tends to drown out the cutscene

The OST doesn't really fit a lot of the time. Then again, seems standard for Sawano. Attack on Titan has it really bad.

Yea but it's a different game with a very different atmosphere. You shouldn't compare the two.

Names Xeno
I expect Xeno tier music >_>

I think I was fighting the final boss and then I died.

I'm still just a level 47 running around with some random level 30 skell. I guess it's time to do some side-quests.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think I was fighting the final boss and then I died.

I'm still just a level 47 running around with some random level 30 skell. I guess it's time to do some side-quests.

About to do this with decent gear on my team of 60s and a 50 medium, 2 30 mediums, and a 30 heavy

Hopefully I don't have too much trouble.

They're not even remotely similar but if we're talking preferences i defenitely prefer XBX to XBC, not that XBC is bad or anything.

SkLaFarebear
I thought we we're friends ;___;

You use more than one skell? What kind of ace pilot are you!?

I find on foot party members trying to keep up with my Doll going through lava and all kinda silly so I give them all hand me downs then max them all out so we can jump big guys together

Just remove all TP skills from someone with good HP and Attribute defences, give them either a TP gain or TP Max (lots of armor/weapons have this one) and they should usually have over 3000 TP with nothing to use it on but reviving teamates.

For a while I had Yelv's use his HP < > TP swap, he would usually begin the battles with those, and I would use a healing art to quickly get heal him, so he would end up reviving teamates if it were to come to that, I eventually found a better build and just gave Yelv his TP arts back.

thanks this will be very helpful

SkLaFarebear
I thought we we're friends ;___;

Sorry man, but in terms of OST

Xenosaga 3>>>>>>>>>>XCX>Xenogears>Xenosaga 2>Xenoblade>>>>>>>>Xenosaga 1.

You're right in that Xeno music has always been fantastic though, besides the lack of it in-game in Xenosaga 1.

We can still be friends tho!

zroid

Banned
I'm not really a big music guy, but the thing I appreciate about this soundtrack is how unique it is. Haven't really ever played a game that sounds like this. It's cool.

Xenoblade obviously has a fantastic soundtrack, but at the end of the day it's similar to most other JRPG soundtracks.

Top Bottom