• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

JulianImp

About to do this with decent gear on my team of 60s and a 50 medium, 2 30 mediums, and a 30 heavy

Hopefully I don't have too much trouble.

Mostly depends on your equipment, but I don't think you should have too many issues if your whole team's already level 60.

EhoaVash

Finally got my level 50 skell. ...I think it's time I finally finish the game.

Grinding from level 45 to 50 was pretty quick thanks to a special spot in culdros, for like 3000 xp from 3 enemies/quick travel and repeat.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm not really a big music guy, but the thing I appreciate about this soundtrack is how unique it is. Haven't really ever played a game that sounds like this. It's cool.

This is where my issue comes in- if you've seen an anime with Sawano, it simply isn't unique :<

Xenoboy

XBC had really nice OST, but the battle theme sucked ass. Mechanical Rhythm was awesome but it appeared so late and didn't come up a lot either.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, I don't watch anime

Oh
Yeah, you're safe then

This game uses the same singers as Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan and uses similar styles to other Sawano things.

If this OST was original and not...very...generic, as far as Sawano's works go, I wouldn't mind it as much.

;_;

Anyone else hate Tatsu fter the first minute of meeting him
Annoying little prick I want Lin to cook him.

JUST YOU WAIT

Voliko

I think I liked it better when each character/class had their own unique hook based on the big button in the middle during combat instead of just overdrive for everybody. Plus, there are way too many playable characters in this game.

Also, dat skell battle theme. I didn't think things could get worse.

Omzz

Almost all my AMs are level 5 now and still not understanding where to get these weapons? All I see in the develop new gear menu are the sakuraba and grenada stuff. Where's the rest of the stuff?

JulianImp

Almost all my AMs are level 5 now and still not understanding where to get these weapons? All I see in the develop new gear menu are the sakuraba and grenada stuff. Where's the rest of the stuff?

Upgrading AMs allows you to buy new equipment on the shop in AM levels 2-3, and levelling them up to 4 or 5 merely upgrades their rarity by giving them more equiment effects. I think Develop New Gear stuff is unlocked through schematics you can get from high-level field locations and the like.

Oh
Yeah, you're safe then

This game uses the same singers as Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan and uses similar styles to other Sawano things.

If this OST was original and not...very...generic, as far as Sawano's works go, I wouldn't mind it as much.

Wat? Sorry but thats not true. Of course you hear the well known Sawano style in the Xeno OST but he takes some risks and uses instruments he never used before. He clearly handled the OST different then an Anime or Drama Soundtrack.
That he won't sound like Yoko Kanno was clear but the OST has a lot of veriaty and does not feels like a repeating of his former works.
Generic is the last word I would use for the songs, lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
^diff opinions, I'm not a fan of someone using the same singers in vocal songs constantly when I don't particularly like their voic-
well
MPI is the one I really mind >_>

This chapter 12 discussion is kind of silly considering I saw this coming in ch 3.

lol at the game giving me 10 mid power enemies in a fight
okay
*sets of phoenix, they all die*

Dee Dee

That chapter 9 boss is legit hard as balls. I havent had any trouble with any bosses in the game up until then. Wrecked my team several times. Had to grind up my level and gear to beat.

I think one of my main issues of this game is how all the augments and gear are tied to materials making it necessary to grind monsters. In addition I find the vast majority of drops useless in terms of equipment. Everything is pretty middle of the road. I think O hear there was a quest that when you finish allows you to add slots to your gear? If so which one is it?

Not sure if your question was answered yet, but you have to help L set up his store in Arsenal Alley (is that the English name?) to get there. The quest includes a lot of gathering. :/

Dropped gear is somewhat helpful to gear up lower level party members. For example, I found gear that can be equipped on level 27 party members, while having the same stats as the level 30 gear from the shop.

Does anyone have specific tips on the chapter 9 fights? The Prima guide suggests to get my party to level 36 - but the second fight is just as scary (restarted after obviously loosing my Skells, and kinda curios to do it without losering difficulty).
I am rank 8 Winged Viper, but maxed out Duelist before, should I switch back?
My lowest party member is at 28, but I might switch them out for an online guy of higher level...

I tried leveling with side quest, and encountered new friendly Xenos. One of their quests is to fight a level 29 flying whale in a cave - surrounded by level 40 whales on a toxic lake.
WTF.

paolo11

Level 30

Grind your way to get first skell, not the best tip but I can't figure out below level 20 grind spot

To grind to level 30, get license and first level 20 skell and farm at

FN site 214 east noctilum, jump off the ledge kill level 28 mobs, they look like dinosours, once not giving much experience move to

South oblivia, go to balance rock, go east and farm
Level 32 turkey chickens, then farm level 35-36 dinosaurs east of balance rock
You can get to balance rock from south coast, south oblivia, maybe try FN site 313

Level 40

Sylvalum west, place called badr basin, swim to continent if you have to, close to FN site 408
From there go to north east pentagon area from badr basin
There will be 4 skell enemies forming a circle
Kill the enemy skell that is lonely without a buddy
Fast travel to farm the lonely enemy skell

Farming the skell near badr basin will drop great level 30 skell weapon and armor
Buy level 30 skell
I used verus
The lonely level 40 skell dropped a SRM XM330 BB sword
Very important to grind for this sword.one G buster hit and One BB sword hit will hit 75% life out of level 55 enemy skells

Ah thanks, brother.

Renewed

It's here. I didn't open my special edition artbook yet so I dunno the differences yet. Art stops at 282 to make room for interviews with Takahashi and key staff that worked on the game. Also found lots of dialogue between possible party members. Too many....

CXVZAkCWAAASaU7.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm so powerful that uh

*does final battle in skell, even if its meant to be done otherwise, i binded the boss instantly*
*loses*
*does it on foot, dps goes out the wall*
\o/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gwin and Irina can be found on Division Drive in their respective division garages, with Irina being right outside the barracks and Gwin stationed toward the north end. Doug can be found hanging out near the hangers (since he's a test pilot).

Finding the party members becomes second nature after a while once you understand where everything is in NLA, because most party members have a reason for hanging out where they do. The main issue is finding the few who just hang out in weird spots, like Phog, Boze, or H.B.

Locations off the top of my head. Spoilers for every character.

Elma: Barracks
Lin: Barracks
Gwin: Division Drive, north end
Lao: Division Drive, north end
Irinia: Division Drive, south end, right outside the barracks
Doug: Near the hanger in the lower levels of the Administrative District
L: In Armory Alley, toward the far end
Murderess: Division Drive, south end
Hope: Deliverance Park
Phog: Construction site by Deliverance Park
Frye: By the diner in the Industrial District
Celica: Industrial District, near the Production Plant I think
Mia: Manon Ship, near the teleporter
Nagi: In front of BLADE Tower
Yelv: In an alley toward the southern end of the Commercial District, I think
Boze: Southwest commercial district by an unfinished road
Alexa: Outside the Outfitters Test Hanger in the Industrial District
H.B.: In a small spot of grass near the Water Treatment Facility in the Residential District
Thank you, I am sure this will be helpful.

I totally get your frustration ! I was like that too when I first ventured out into Primordial and found the lack of info extremely annoying. Can't tell if I can access a treasure, a probe site or not just by looking at the mini map. However, the best thing to do is to just keep playing along and level up. Level up your Mechanical Field skill as early as you can to its max level (level 4). Then it's more smooth sailing from there because at least you know you can install a probe in any new area provided you can reach it. Now I'm almost level 30 so the map isn't nearly as scary as it once was for me... just use caution because they're trying to make the world like an ecosystem, right ? Powerful monsters and less powerful monsters are all just chilling together in the circle of life, yo :)

As for finding teammates, if you click on the little mini map hexagon within NLA, it'll give you information with regards to that particular hexagon provided there are any to give. So you can click on one and it may tell you so and so teammate is most likely to be found there. I found that pretty handy to know.
It's refreshing to hear that the overwhelming nature of this game isn't something unique to my experience. I'll give it a chance - I really want to warm up to it, after all.

Finalow

- where in the goddamn fuck is the monster needed for the Castle in the Sky quest? I know it's called Jackual Ire and it should be located in the southern part of the lake, but after flying there for 30 minutes I still haven' found it.

- the quest Supplies Surprise is bugged? I talk to the quest giver and she still asks for MATERIALS, but I have all of them already, I should be able to progress. even the quest is saying "talk to HER" but nothing happens.

Soulflarz

Banned
- the quest Supplies Surprise is bugged? I talk to the quest giver and she still asks for MATERIALS, but I have all of them already, I should be able to progress. even the quest is saying "talk to HER" but nothing happens.

You're one or two short. You added it to your collectopedia and the quest wont suddenly say you don't have the item.

UNFUN THING TO LEARN THE HARD WAY

Diffense

I just got the Skell
flight
pack and even though I knew it was in the game using it for the first time was such as rush after playing the game for almost 70 hours with more restricted movement. It was one of my best moments in a videogame in recent memory.

R.D.Blax

- where in the goddamn fuck is the monster needed for the Castle in the Sky quest? I know it's called Jackual Ire and it should be located in the southern part of the lake, but after flying there for 30 minutes I still haven' found it.

Kill one of these big bird you see on the way

You're one or two short. You added it to your collectopedia and the quest wont suddenly say you don't have the item.

UNFUN THING TO LEARN THE HARD WAY

oh yeah this happened to me too, it's so stupid

just one of many little annoyances in this game that eventually start adding up

This is where my issue comes in- if you've seen an anime with Sawano, it simply isn't unique :<

While certainly true in terms of Sawano, it still feels unique to me since it hasn't been done like this very much, at this scale, in a video game. Sometimes innovation can still happen when you mix mediums, even if an innovation in one medium can be found to be very common in the other.

Soulflarz

Banned
While certainly true in terms of Sawano, it still feels unique to me since it hasn't been done like this very much, at this scale, in a video game. Sometimes innovation can still happen when you mix mediums, even if an innovation in one medium can be found to be very common in the other.

I can see that. I can also see why I mind it so much and people who don't touch anime don't at all.

endgame for xbc/xcx spoilers
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=190629888&postcount=379

someone please explain this for me over there ;-;

Hmm, I decided to try fighting the deer-like creatures at Oblivia's entrance. I'm like 1 or 2 levels higher than them, but they are definitely not a pushover. That sleep status is quite annoying. What's the best way to increase one's resistance against Sleep?

zroid

Banned
Hmm, I decided to try fighting the deer-like creatures at Oblivia's entrance. I'm like 1 or 2 levels higher than them, but they are definitely not a pushover. That sleep status is quite annoying. What's the best way to increase one's resistance against Sleep?

There are debuff res arts and augments you can use for that. But yeah remember that for a lot of enemies, size is more important than level. A big enemy at your level is probably about the same difficulty as a small enemy 5-10 levels higher.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I like the different xeno missions. They can be quite amusing, although the xenophobia sometimes puts a damper on things.

Game is starting to drag a bit for me, I hate grinding but would love to do endless fetch/kill quests for that xp. Thats a huge problem with this game, the quests are absolutely useless for leveling. Whats the point of even going out of your way to kill some low level enemies? Affinity? I'm 50 hours in and I don't want to have to mindlessly kill creatures in between chapters.

zroid

Banned
Game is starting to drag a bit for me, I hate grinding but would love to do endless fetch/kill quests for that xp. Thats a huge problem with this game, the quests are absolutely useless for leveling. Whats the point of even going out of your way to kill some low level enemies? Affinity? I'm 50 hours in and I don't want to have to mindlessly kill creatures in between chapters.

Most basic missions are only good for affinity yeah. not really worth spending much time on them.

not sure where you're at in the game exactly, but once you get level 30 Skells you can easily kill enemies that are much higher level than you and get exp really fast

Top Bottom