• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Finalow

You're one or two short. You added it to your collectopedia and the quest wont suddenly say you don't have the item.

UNFUN THING TO LEARN THE HARD WAY
guess I need to check which material I'm missing too.
oh well ,_,

Kill one of these big bird you see on the way
I killed all the birds, I just can't find the one I need to kill.

does it appear only during specific hours? I don't know, some of these quests are so jarring and stupid.

Renewed

I guess I'm not gonna cheese Telethia. Augment time... gonna need tickets to help supplement this.

wtf did they do to the Fundoshi? Seriously this is just stupid.

Ah the traditional American fundoshi. Of course, with the brightest socks you can find.

oh well ,_,

does it appear only during specific hours? I don't know, some of these quests are so jarring and stupid.

A Nopon literally standing underneath a hovering Zig turret over at a cliff (the one just south and above FN413) can give you the info. Although that Zig was level 60 iirc...

Man cant get the Rexoskell anywhere under 50%. Thats when he just decides to completely kill Lin and then we're screwed.

Dont have enough parts for more Mechanoid Slayer XX. I think farming the parts will take about as long as leveling my party so I might as well grind longer.

This whole mission has been brutally difficult. Ugh

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Man cant get the Rexoskell anywhere under 50%. Thats when he just decides to completely kill Lin and then we're screwed.

Dont have enough parts for more Mechanoid Slayer XX. I think farming the parts will take about as long as leveling my party so I might as well grind longer.

All for the best teammate.

Most basic missions are only good for affinity yeah. not really worth spending much time on them.

not sure where you're at in the game exactly, but once you get level 30 Skells you can easily kill enemies that are much higher level than you and get exp really fast

Is that the best way to grind? I'm always too worried about exploding my precious skell

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yea that one's been giving me a bit of trouble as well. That thing has the sickest defenses I've seen so far, it's cut my damn dps in half.

chadboban

I don't know what your secret is but you take the best screenshots of this game lol.

Thanks man. Location, location, location. lol. I also try to get the most flattering angles possible.

Do you do some kind of post processing on these shots? They're amazing.

Thanks. Nah, no post processing at all, all uploaded directly to abload from my Wii U. Sometimes I'm shocked myself at how good some of my screens come out. lol

R.D.Blax

oh well ,_,

Strange, unless you are at the wrong place, only one bird is enough to give you the package

Zafir

What level/gear do you have?

I had my team kitted out in level 50-60 gear bought from the shop in New LA, I was 60, so was
Nagi
, Elma and Lin were 58. I didn't have any problems with the mission once I had my normal team out. I tried with my team that I was boosting(they were all level 30-40) and I just couldnt solo them. xD

Vena

Xair bodied me

Lool

Any other bosses chilling in the ocean?

There's a bunch of ultimate enemies, you tend to need to look up to find them or around dangerous looking shit. Otherwise, there's a bunch of islands in the ocean with bosses on them but I don't think any are as hard as Xair.

Soulflarz

Banned
There's a bunch of ultimate enemies, you tend to need to look up to find them or around dangerous looking shit. Otherwise, there's a bunch of islands in the ocean with bosses on them but I don't think any are as hard as Xair.

Lol Xair is the only one I came across
He one shotted my 50 skell and all my 30s, then one shotted me as I fell. Fun times for someone whos only 50hr in >_>

And yeah I found the level 99 telethia
edit: also just found a 90 drake ohhh boy

I named my Ares90 "Bloodlust"

Mainly cause it's out for revenge on everything that destroyed me. And this thing will thoroughly destroy them. It's beautiful on how it just wrecks everything and anything.

Are your skills and arts upgraded?

Most are. I'm a Rank 2 Duelist, Level 24, with the following Arts and Skills in my palette:

Arts:
Lv. 4 Flame Grenade
Lv. 2 Assault Breaker
Lv. 3 Burst Grenade
Lv.1 Flash Grenade

Lv.1 Medic Free
Lv.3 Rising Blade
Lv.4 Burning Slash
Lv.3 Defensive Stance

Skills:
Lv. 2 Steel Flesh
Lv. 3 Dismantler
Lv. 4 Mighty Muscle

Feel as though I'm not being clever enough with my build to be honest, and the arts I have in my palette.

Edit: Beat the fucker! But, I'm welcome to any tips on how I could improve that Art/Skill pool above.

R.D.Blax

Mainly cause it's out for revenge on everything that destroyed me. And this thing will thoroughly destroy them. It's beautiful on how it just wrecks everything and anything.

Time to get your revenge on The Guardian Deity of Noctilum !! I know you want it !

Sadist

"Going Viral" is the most infuriating mission. JUST END ALREADY
Hehe, I just finished that mission, annoying as fuck. Just ask for multiple samples at the same time!

Couldn't find the polon tulip in the big bang quest, so I stopped and looked into other quests. :(

BY2K

Membero Americo
Finally unlocked Ghostwalker and I'm finally starting to witness just how broken Dual Guns + Longsword is.

Vena

I need to stop gear grinding and augmenting my skell... at some point, that's just too much of some stats.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01evsjn.jpg

Go fight some of the super-bosses with a base Ares90.
You'll get wrecked.

Vena

42 MILLION!? HOW!?

Some of the stuff I kill to farm pieces drops loot thats worth like 100k+ to just sell, lol. Not like I have anywhere to spend my money at this point.

Most are. I'm a Rank 2 Duelist, Level 24, with the following Arts and Skills in my palette:

Arts:
Lv. 4 Flame Grenade
Lv. 2 Assault Breaker
Lv. 3 Burst Grenade
Lv.1 Flash Grenade

Lv.1 Medic Free
Lv.3 Rising Blade
Lv.4 Burning Slash
Lv.3 Defensive Stance

Skills:
Lv. 2 Steel Flesh
Lv. 3 Dismantler
Lv. 4 Mighty Muscle

Feel as though I'm not being clever enough with my build to be honest, and the arts I have in my palette.

Edit: Beat the fucker! But, I'm welcome to any tips on how I could improve that Art/Skill pool above.

Admittedly, I don't know this build as I play a hybrid of Photon/Assault Rifle. But make sure you are using proper combos ("boosts damage in melee combo" or "boost damage to toppled" etc) and also make sure to use your secondary cooldowns as they greatly affect your damage.

I need to stop gear grinding and augmenting my skell... at some point, that's just too much of some stats.
That Opening Damage augment could always be XX~

42 MILLION!? HOW!?
Once you reach the point where you're grinding for augments, you've long since stopped needing money. All the craftables are free to make, costing only materials and some miranium. I'm somewhere around 40m as well.

AniHawk

cleared the final chapter after 100 hours. any major postgame story-related stuff aside from a couple affinity missions? i've already done
elma's and lin's

Vena

So much gravity, I want to be like you

Post game you don' t really use much money, so it just accumulate like that, I have about 37 million something

I'm slotting now based on the assumption that % scaling caps at 100%, so I have been having to remove Gravity boosts from my gear or frame because it was waayy over 100%.

cleared the final chapter after 100 hours. any major postgame story-related stuff aside from a couple affinity missions? i've already done
elma's and lin's

Some Mira lore quests open up, as do some more alien race quests. There's a lot/bit more (depending on how much you did already) lore to the world left in missions. Affinity is for character building, mostly.

R.D.Blax

I'm slotting now based on the assumption that % scaling caps at 100%, so I have been having to remove Gravity boosts from my gear or frame because it was waayy over 100%.

Some Mira lore quests open up, as do some more alien race quests. There's a lot/bit more (depending on how much you did already) lore to the world left in missions. Affinity is for character building, mostly.

You mean I can't one shot the Endbringer with my shiny Antimatter R with a ton of gravity boost on all my slot ?

Chastten

Banned
Got the Ares 70 for now and holy shit, that thing is awesome. Been wreaking havoc on previously unbeatable enemies all night. Can't wait to get the mats for the Ares 90 and to start upgrading them both.

ryanofcall

Just beat chapter 9 - thank you random level 60 person I scouted from the internet to help me out!
btw: does it get any harder than that? Because that was annoying as fuck.

Finalow

Strange, unless you are at the wrong place, only one bird is enough to give you the package
not sure what's the "right/wrong place". I'm supposed to search this monster in a huge yellow area. there is a location marked on the gamepad screen but nothing is there.

AniHawk

You played for 100 hours and never encountered this guy.

Okay. Go to the commercial district. There should be a level 14 Affinity mission with requires you start it by yourself.
yeah the game spreads out all its shit in such poor ways that it makes it difficult to just get into absolutely everything. i at least tried with all the important people. just finished fathers and sons since it was part of blade barracks.

edit: oh that one. yeah, i ran across it a lot and skipped it multiple times.

Top Bottom