• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Eusis

This is where my issue comes in- if you've seen an anime with Sawano, it simply isn't unique :<
I do kind of feel like Kill la Kill, combined with some Persona 3/4, kind of cover the spectrum of music this game has. Not that Persona 3/4 are Sawano, but when I think about it the late night NLA music IS similar to the dorm music in P3.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I just did a sidequest where
Gerome was on the lower strata in NLA by the water, handcuffed and strapped to a bomb. Rather than diffusing the bomb I told him to jump in the lake to contain the blast. For whatever reason I didn't think he'd actually blow up but he did. Did I miss out on something by doing that? Now whoever strapped that bomb to him is on the loose. Oops!

I hear everyone talking about the Ares but is evasion really viable? Haven't looked into it but I guess the stat hurdle is lower if you boost?

For Skells? Yeah, it's pretty viable. Outside some super bosses, I'll killed a ton of 70-90 tyrants with just light lvl 50 mechs w/ 400-420 evasion.

Fandangox

yeah the game spreads out all its shit in such poor ways that it makes it difficult to just get into absolutely everything. i at least tried with all the important people. just finished fathers and sons since it was part of blade barracks.

edit: oh that one. yeah, i ran across it a lot and skipped it multiple times.

You should try doing it, the ending is really something.

Gerome was on the lower strata in NLA by the water, handcuffed and strapped to a bomb. Rather than diffusing the bomb I told him to jump in the lake to contain the blast. For whatever reason I didn't think he'd actually blow up but he did. Did I miss out on something by doing that? Now whoever strapped that bomb to him is on the loose. Oops!

I made the same mistake.
I assumed he was just trying to trick me into releasing the handcuffs

PetrCobra

Well, to spoil you on the alternative option,
it's pretty much the same. I chose to disarm the bomb but MC did something wrong, Gerome ran to the lake screaming and got blown up. Although... now that I think about it, there MIGHT have been another choice where you had to decide which wire to cut, and maybe I chose the wrong one.
Yeah, so... anyone else had a different outcome?

Wohoo my hard drive started working and my download is continuing.. now.. just 1 more hour. Please don't screw up. please don't screw up

R.D.Blax

not sure what's the "right/wrong place". I'm suppose to search this monster in a huge yellow area. there is a location marked on the gamepad screen but nothing is there.

I remember I killed a Jade Jacule to get it, but I don't remember where they are at all

it's pretty much the same. I chose to disarm the bomb but MC did something wrong, Gerome ran to the lake screaming and got blown up. Although... now that I think about it, there MIGHT have been another choice where you had to decide which wire to cut, and maybe I chose the wrong one.

You need to get the information to how to disarm a bomb from a gossip somewhere at the administrative district. And it's lead to the Manon not dying.

The outcome I had is that you diffuse the bomb but he dies right after anyways due to eating poisoned pizza.

Vena

The Skell mus be downright untouchable with evasion that high...

There's a few tyrants that wiill still hit and kill you even with 500+ evasion. I've had to change gear to get into the 600s to survive certain moves that seem to have considerably higher accuracy values than normal.

XpopcornX

Banned
How should I prepare for chapter 12? I hear it is a nightmare and that isn't good to hear since I have already considered the entire game pretty difficult.

desu

How should I prepare for chapter 12? I hear it is a nightmare and that isn't good to hear since I have already considered the entire game pretty difficult.

One of the most important things, bring a skell with Phoenix weapon (it does AOE damage that will be super helpful for one part of the final battle).

Soulflarz

Banned
D-did I just spend 500,000 on pizza?!

One of the most important things, bring a skell with Phoenix weapon (it does AOE damage that will be super helpful for one part of the final battle).

Oh
This

It's like "oh no 10 weakish enemies who are ann-oh they all died in one phoenix? Moving...on..."

I finally got a full skell squad and coordinated them with CMYK colours. You can bet your ass they're gonna see us flying in from miles away.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018npaj.jpg

TheFatMan

I'm leveling so fast from 30-50 now that I have 3 30 Skells that I am just going to stop spending my money on crap and save it for 50 Skells.

Now if I could just figure out where the hell you get a G-Buster or Phoenix weapon.

Soulflarz

Banned
Shoot
All my images have spoilers if I take any because of the obvious thing post game

I'm leveling so fast from 30-50 now that I have 3 30 Skells that I am just going to stop spending my money on crap and save it for 50 Skells.

Now if I could just figure out where the hell you get a G-Buster or Phoenix weapon.

Puge? However you spell them? Sylvaria military bases. The one with 30s for lvl 30 ones, 45s for 50 ones.

Fandangox

i think this might be the last thing i do. just got him and i have a feeling i will need to level the affinity by a lot.

There are post-game support missions that help you raise affinity faster, on the barracks. The lvl 60 affinity support missions gives you a full heart in 2-3 tries.

Soulflarz

Banned
Kill 2 80s
That's my affinity mission
Good game. Good game. RIP me.
*shuts console off, deletes save, throws hard drive out, boots ps4*

Ahaha... some of the missions in the Skell License Test quest are just not great. I love collecting several collectibles that are completely randomly given.

Golnei

I finally got a full skell squad and coordinated them with CMYK colours. You can bet your ass they're gonna see us flying in from miles away.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018npaj.jpg

It lives again.

images

Speaking of which, I'm kind of annoyed that my attempt at having Irina cosplay Samus was ruined by the female Yiys removing the shoulderpads, and the Warrior's Plate being open at the back.

Names Xeno
I expect Xeno tier music >_>

Dropping Mitsuda for a random anime composer in the second game of a subseries is the most Xeno thing you can do.

wtf did they do to the Fundoshi? Seriously this is just stupid.

That's easily the most staggeringly unnecessary change made to the localised game, and ranks among the worst cases of content excised in localisation, along with the removal of the alternate route in the first Persona and the gutting of extra modes in Rival Schools. I hope both NoA and 8-4 go under for this.

Feltrol

Banned
Is there a way to make gathering missions to feel less like a chore? I hate the fact that I'm totally blind when it comes down to where I have to find the materials.

TheFatMan

Ahaha... some of the missions in the Skell License Test quest are just not great. I love collecting several collectibles that are completely randomly given.

I think there was like 3 I had to do. Most of that crap I had already completed long before just by exploring!

It's funny how much side content you do can affects things like this so much in the game. I think it took me 5 minutes to do the Skell License quests.

Synless

Is there a solid guide for this online? I really don't need to get sidetracked and want to get though it as smoothly as possible.

How do you even get Evasion that high?

For anything sub 60, an evasion rating of 300 is usually good enough to be untouchable.

How to build an untouchable mech: (note some farming required)

1. Go with light mechs, they start with 100. I personally prefer AS150, as their Overdrive adds more evasion, and lowers cooldowns. The default light armor has Evasion IX, which is ok, but you can farm better.
2. Deck your toons in C&C armor once you reach AM5. It has Treasure sensor on it. Each point of TS = +1% chance for any item on a mobs loot table to drop. Cumulative, stacks to 100.
3. Find a Xeno camp with a ton of puges and light skells. I like the camp in Oblivia near Aary Plain with 50-60 mechs, but if it's too strong, you can find some level 40 camps in Sylvalum (the one by the Mech 5 node in the upper left is good)
4. Grind that camp. With the TS gear, you'll be shocked seeing that almost everything drops 1-2 pieces of Skell gear, often yellow if not orange. Hold onto anything with evasion on it.You should be able to farm a near complete set of light mech armor that has evasion + other stuff on it
5. The Vespers at Cleansing Spring in Sylvalum are insta repop (Thanks someone from gamefaqs), making them easy farm for Black Fog Deposits with a Phoenix. Stand in the middle and chain cast. You can make dirt cheap Spec.Eva.V's for armor, and Boost.V's (I think these need some other junk but it's easy to farm) for the frame.
6. Buy the 152 shields from the Vendor that have Eva VI on them (the 152's have evasion up as their aura). Use the black fog deposits to push them to Eva IX.

Assembly.

1. Put on a full set of farmed Yellow Eva armor
2. Put a Spec V eva in all armor slots.
3. Install the 152 shields
4. You can put any weapon you like in for shoulders/back.
5. Pick Sidearms and Spare Weapons that have 1 evasion type on them as minimum.
6. Install 3 Boost.Eva.V.'s in the frame.
7. Start to min/max. Evasion 300 = good enough for level sub level 60 work, Evasion 400 = good enough for most non-super bosses.

- I personally drop one Spec.EvaV for a Spec.HpMax XX (really easy to farm/make, just AOE the pig farms at the xeno camps in Primordia)
- You do want your skells to do some damage, so try to mix in as much other stats as you can. Gold stats = Attribute damage, Crit ups, Position, Hp up. Melee/RAnge attack is trash when it comes to skells. I like to focus on one damage type. Beam, Thermal, Gravity, and Electric are all viable builds.

jonjonaug

Where the fuck is Hope!?

After you get her, Hope hangs out in Deliverance Park. Keep in mind if a party member is not in a location where you'd expect them to be, this means they have an active heart to heart event going on. Find them in NLA, or advance the time. If the heart to heart event is available any time of the day, you won't be able to have them rejoin your party until you find where they're hanging out elsewhere.

For anything sub 60, an evasion rating of 300 is usually good enough to be untouchable.

How to build an untouchable mech: (note some farming required)

1. Go with light mechs, they start with 100. I personally prefer AS150, as their Overdrive adds more evasion, and lowers cooldowns. The default light armor has Evasion IX, which is ok, but you can farm better.
2. Deck your toons in C&C armor once you reach AM5. It has Treasure sensor on it. Each point of TS = +1% chance for any item on a mobs loot table to drop. Cumulative, stacks to 100.
3. Find a Xeno camp with a ton of puges and light skells. I like the camp in Oblivia near Aary Plain with 50-60 mechs, but if it's too strong, you can find some level 40 camps in Sylvalum (the one by the Mech 5 node in the upper left is good)
4. Grind that camp. With the TS gear, you'll be shocked seeing that almost everything drops 1-2 pieces of Skell gear, often yellow if not orange. Hold onto anything with evasion on it.You should be able to farm a near complete set of light mech armor that has evasion + other stuff on it
5. The Vespers at Cleansing Spring in Sylvalum are insta repop (Thanks someone from gamefaqs), making them easy farm for Black Fog Deposits with a Phoenix. Stand in the middle and chain cast. You can make dirt cheap Spec.Eva.V's for armor, and Boost.V's (I think these need some other junk but it's easy to farm) for the frame.
6. Buy the 152 shields from the Vendor that have Eva VI on them (the 152's have evasion up as their aura). Use the black fog deposits to push them to Eva IX.

Assembly.

1. Put on a full set of farmed Yellow Eva armor
2. Put a Spec V eva in all armor slots.
3. Install the 152 shields
4. You can put any weapon you like in for shoulders/back.
5. Pick Sidearms and Spare Weapons that have 1 evasion type on them as minimum.
6. Install 3 Boost.Eva.V.'s in the frame.
7. Start to min/max. Evasion 300 = good enough for level sub level 60 work, Evasion 400 = good enough for most non-super bosses.

- I personally drop one Spec.EvaV for a Spec.HpMax XX (really easy to farm/make, just AOE the pig farms at the xeno camps in Primordia)
- You do want your skells to do some damage, so try to mix in as much other stats as you can. Gold stats = Attribute damage, Crit ups, Position, Hp up. Melee/RAnge attack is trash when it comes to skells. I like to focus on one damage type. Beam, Thermal, Gravity, and Electric are all viable builds.

Don't forget putting ____ Drive skills on your ground gear too.

Vena

Of note. Evasion will not protect your skells against Spike.

So Spike heavy Tyrants (basically everything end game) will murder you if you rely too heavily on Evasion. Moreover, Stagger, Knockback, and Topple render your Evasion null and many Tyrants have ways or moves that completely get around Evasion in order to inflict a topple.

Luxaar's drop shit thing floating above Sylvalum (giant floating thingy that looks like a space fortress), for instance, has a cannon that will first inflict Topple and then deal 30k+ damage.

Soulflarz

Banned
Kill one, leave, come back and kill the other one. Quest auto clears

Did that, yep

BASTARD RESPAWNED ON ME THOUGH
WHAT A JERK ;-;

edit: omg nope
that didnt work.
amazing.

I think you have to do it exactly as you said
each is their own requirement
its not 2 in general
its one of each of them, specifically.

-Horizon-

Ok, I'm gonna need some help/tips and tricks for this mission I picked up

I'm about level 38 right now (elma and lin are level 37 and alexa is level 32), we all have level 30 mechs but I haven't really gotten around to changing the default weapons and gear they came with.

the mission I need help with is
prone sweet prone

I got to the point where I now need to find the keys

But yooooo, everything in
scabland fortress
has tripwire senses that can detect me from half a hexagon away it seems. I found one of the enemies I was supposed to attack but those flying robot sentries detect me every time and just 5 shot my team.

Maybe I'm just too under leveled and shouldn't even be attempting this. I just don't know but that's the feeling I'm getting.

Please respond ;~;

Top Bottom