• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Vena

I have taken that down, though it was not easy.

Oh I can kill him too. He only uses that move in the last 25% of his health, which he never reaches without just dying. But if you mess up his health, you will almost assuredly die to that move if it comes out. I've tested with Topple resist and he seems to always succeed with that move.

I can actually survive it with Beam Res Up but only barely.

zroid

Banned
Ok, I'm gonna need some help/tips and tricks for this mission I picked up

I'm about level 38 right now (elma and lin are level 37 and alexa is level 32), we all have level 30 mechs but I haven't really gotten around to changing the default weapons and gear they came with.

the mission I need help with is
prone sweet prone

I got to the point where I now need to find the keys

But yooooo, everything in
scabland fortress
has tripwire senses that can detect me from half a hexagon away it seems. I found one of the enemies I was supposed to attack but those flying robot sentries detect me every time and just 5 shot my team.

Maybe I'm just too under leveled and shouldn't even be attempting this. I just don't know but that's the feeling I'm getting.

Please respond ;~;

shadowrunner is your friend

Is there a guide to enemy loot? I know that enemies will drop different types of gear per manufacturer, so if I want heavy armor in Grenada, I'd have to farm XXXX for it, then choose the class for the weapon types I want. But is there a resource that will help me pinpoint who to fight for that?

zroid

Banned

it's definitely doable at a lower level but yea just use shadowrunner to navigate the place, and as for the enemy(ies) you need to kill,
I just kamikaze'd it. killed the dude in a few seconds, quickly got rekt by the nearby sentry, but after respawning I still got the key.

Oh I can kill him too. He only uses that move in the last 25% of his health, which he never reaches without just dying. But if you mess up his health, you will almost assuredly die to that move if it comes out. I've tested with Topple resist and he seems to always succeed with that move.

I can actually survive it with Beam Res Up but only barely.

Do you know what that Sphinx in Oblivia does? He destroys my party before I even know what's going on. Is it reflect?

Soulflarz

Banned
Also
Can someone please make a webcomic of insurance in this game
We literally have them replace 3,000,000 mechs every 5m, sometimes up to 15
It's glorious.

So the last boss just rekt me to no end.

Turns out I haven't had more than a handful ground fights since I got my skell so now I suck at fighting outside my skell. Who could have guessed.

-Horizon-

It lowers detection considerably and makes you a ninja.

it's definitely doable at a lower level but yea just use shadowrunner to navigate the place, and as for the enemy(ies) you need to kill,
I just kamikaze'd it. killed the dude in a few seconds, quickly got rekt by the nearby sentry, but after respawning I still got the key.

Why am I only learning about this now ._.

Vena

Do you know what that Sphinx in Oblivia does? He destroys my party before I even know what's going on. Is it reflect?

I believe its really high spike damage, but I haven't fought him in some time. It may actually just be reflect just like Guardian Xe-Dom but I always have negate equipped so I don't tend to notice that sort of mechanic.

That said. I think Skell Wear/Skell Augments for Ground Armor also work under the same 100% limit and work in sum with the Skell's own % equip. I think anyway.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Started playing and finished Chapter 2, pretty good so far. Did a couple hours of sidetracking after Chapter 2. Lots of mechanics in the gameplay. I have no idea what Soul Voices are and what their purpose is.

Soulflarz

Banned
Started playing and finished Chapter 2, pretty good so far. Did a couple hours of sidetracking after Chapter 2. Lots of mechanics in the gameplay. I have no idea what Soul Voices are and what their purpose is.

Think of them as random things that go off that make certain skills hit harder/get a secondary effect
if a skill is glowing, look at its description, then (usually) use it :V

Malus

After all I've seen of this game after 130 hours...(normal quest spoilers)
stuffed red lobster bomb. WHY NOT?

MORE RANDOM QUEST SPOILERS
AND NOT 5 MINUTES LATER A MA-NON JUMPS OFF A BUILDING AND SPLATS ON THE GROUND OUTTA NOWHERE WTF LOL

Managed to get 2 squashers in a row after visiting the Nopon Caravan. If I knew they were there then I would've finished this forever ago. Now I can drive a skell.

random25

I think you have to stick your head in their nose for that to happen. I just use the augments that do the same thing.

I tried a head collision with a high level grex with Shadowrunner. It didn't detect me at all. I think Shadowrunner is only useless when you aggro an enemy before using it and you are all alone as a target.

Anybody know where I can find A-HAB autonomous AI? been looking for it for the past few hours with no luck. Any specific spots I should look in?

EDIT: And ofcourse, the first item orb I pick up after typing out this message gives me the item I need...of course.

Vena

Found my pristine whiskers.

Only drop from the level 90 drake superbosses.
Good thing I can two shot the one in Primordia.

Having a really REALLY tough time with something and I feel like I'm ultra-fucked and stuck in this game. I took on an Affinity Quest called "A New Rival?" which needs me to go to the continent of Noctilum with H.B. (who's a piece of crap)

The problem lies in the fact that I'm still nowhere close to mapping out Primordia, and can't actually even get to Noctilum, so I'm not even sure I can complete some big mission there. Either the geography blocks me or there's overpowered enemies near the fringes of Primordia that 1-shot my entire party.A quick google search has led me to believe there's no way to cancel, quit, or shelve an affinity mission, so this adds to the problem. I also can't take more story missions with this affinity one active.

I'm super annoyed. Anyone have any advice or information? Am I missing something?

I hit every Probe in Primordia that doesn't require a Skell by level 16, you can basically go anywhere on that map if you're careful enough. Use your follow ball and make sure you run behind enemies that use sight for detection.

Edit: That's what I get for leaving tabs open, didn't realize this was several pages old...

Taking the game super slow is awesome for having items before you need them and never being underleveled, but seeing all these posts about farming strategies and late/post-story discussion I can't use or look at is frustrating. :(

Zafir

So the last boss just rekt me to no end.

Turns out I haven't had more than a handful ground fights since I got my skell so now I suck at fighting outside my skell. Who could have guessed.

I learned my lesson from the chapter 9 boss(think it was that chapter, was so long ago now). Ended up being stronger on the ground than I am when I'm in my Skell, lol.

Golnei

Taking the game super slow is awesome for having items before you need them and never being underleveled, but seeing all these posts about farming strategies and late/post-story discussion I can't use or look at is frustrating. :(

And by the time you actually get around to finishing, all of that discussion would have long since dried up. Still, I guess that's fairly minor, all things considered - I'd much prefer to go through the game at my own pace and miss out on complaining about some of it rather than rushing through.

Mephala

What are Heart to Heart missions? What do you get for doing them? So far I've done a few but it doesn't really seem to do anything other than add a bit of character development.

I told myself i wouldnt play anytthing besides the main story.

I told myself i wont do any side missions or farm for parts for better equipment.

I told myself im not gonna bother grinding.

I told myself im not even that hyped for this game.

So why am I obsessively farming for enemy drops and still completely engaged 112 hours later.

Im stuck in another planet.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man chapter 8 is real.

Good stuff , that was exciting. Needs more chapters like that !

Edit: Oh damn Ch.9 is available immediately after I'm done with 8. Lets keep this train rolling, man the story is getting goooood.

R00bot

shit
down to 1 insurance on my 3,000,000 skell
WAT DO

Give it to someone in your squad, as long as it has 1 insurance left they will never use it. Get yourself a new one eventually. Always hand down your mechs once they reach 1 insurance, it's not worth risking having to pay a fee every time it dies (even if the npc's crash it).

Edit: your 3 mil skell will probably cost around 200,000 to fix, but you won't get new insurance for that. Don't risk it. Hand it down mayn.

Golnei

shit
down to 1 insurance on my 3,000,000 skell
WAT DO

You'll have to bequeath it unto a party member. Surely you have to have become attached to one by now, and have begun to regard her as what cruder minds would refer to as a waifu - there's no better token of the purity of your love.

Top Bottom