• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

I love to see the progression of NLA sparkling with multixenoculturalism. Poor Alex Trump.

After all I've seen of this game after 130 hours...(normal quest spoilers)
stuffed red lobster bomb. WHY NOT?

MORE RANDOM QUEST SPOILERS
AND NOT 5 MINUTES LATER A MA-NON JUMPS OFF A BUILDING AND SPLATS ON THE GROUND OUTTA NOWHERE WTF LOL

Lol what a great mission that was. This game shines at its best with the dramatic/morbid missions.

-Horizon-

What are Heart to Heart missions? What do you get for doing them? So far I've done a few but it doesn't really seem to do anything other than add a bit of character development.

I think they increase affinity as well if your choices make their hearts pop up.

I really shouldn't be proud of this but...

Rank 52 globally in wrecked skells!

fsvP2QL.jpg

I love to see the progression of NLA sparkling with multixenoculturalism. Poor Alex Trump.

Me too. That might be one of my favorite things about this game, just seeing all the xenos start to pervade the city and interact in passing and during quests. It's so good and just enhances the world an unbelievable amount. Rarely do you feel like things you do in games matter but when you make these choices and just see an entire city change and get shaped and interact with each other, it's just wonderful.

I seriously SERIOUSLY wish you had more non-human party members though. I want my goddam
Prone, Orphean, Nopon, Ma-nan and Professor B
party members!

Also, hope that dude who marries the
Prone
knows what he's getting into. Dat
throat hole.

Soulflarz

Banned
You'll have to bequeath it unto a party member. Surely you have to have become attached to one by now, and have begun to regard her as what cruder minds would refer to as a waifu - there's no better token of the purity of your love.

He knows

See
screw all your advice guys
HE KNOWS ME

(*Switches to pathfinder, hands my best skell off*)

edit: HELP I NEED A LEVEL 60 SKELL ;-;

Fandangox

He knows

See
screw all your advice guys
HE KNOWS ME

(*Switches to pathfinder, hands my best skell off*)

edit: HELP I NEED A LEVEL 60 SKELL ;-;

Alexa's final affinity mission gives an easy-to-craft lvl 60 skell that don't require the game to be beaten to use.

It looks cool too, like a tank, moves very slowly though.

Golnei

A shame about how monochrome most of the humans are. It's not like X is particularly bad by JRPG standards, but a narrative explicitly trying to handle themes of multiculturalism and xenophobia starring the survivors of LA definitely could have stood to have a more diverse cast than an ocean of white punctuated by three Asian-Americans and an ambiguously brown anime girl.

Me too. That might be one of my favorite things about this game, just seeing all the xenos start to pervade the city and interact in passing and during quests. It's so good and just enhances the world an unbelievable amount. Rarely do you feel like things you do in games matter but when you make these choices and just see an entire city change and get shaped and interact with each other, it's just wonderful.

I seriously SERIOUSLY wish you had more non-human party members though. I want my goddam
Prone, Orphean, Nopon, Ma-nan and Professor B
party members!

That was definitely something I loved to see unfold - seeing the progression of species settling into NLA justified the decision to centralise it as the only real city in the game world singlehandedly.

Though I agree that more alien party members would have been welcome. Hopefully, the next game will introduce some more character-specific classes - as much as I like the class system and unrestricted equipment; it led to not being able to take advantage of the varied world they'd established. Why can't I play as Koko?

I feel like I'm way weaker than I should be considering I see people here talking about how they easily kill enemies way higher level than them and stuff :p

Level 44 atm and have kept a longsword on me since I maxed out duelist (currently leveling full metal jaguar).
Art setup is Ultraslash, True Stream Edge, Rising Blade, Tornado Blade, Magnum Edge, Burning Slash, Incendiary Edge and Offensive Stance which are all rank 4 or 5.

My gear is all store bought stuff, and I've always just gone for whatever has the highest damage and armour (though I did pick armour that gives me +melee attack and accuracy).

I've completely ignored augments though, and if there's anything I've failed to mention here I likely don't know about it :p

Can someone explain augments and stuff pls.

I hate working hard on squad missions taking 19 out of 20 Prones to have the disconnect error pop up

after ages of fast travel to find the correct Prones to kill
fuck! you owe me tickets NoA!

jonjonaug

shit
down to 1 insurance on my 3,000,000 skell
WAT DO

Serious reply: The difference between selling a skell and buying a new one isn't honestly all that much. Skells usually sell for just the frame at around 70-75% of their buy price I think. Once you hit zero insurance, just unequip everything from the skell, sell it, then buy a new one of the same model.

jonjonaug

I really shouldn't be proud of this but...

Rank 52 globally in wrecked skells!

fsvP2QL.jpg

Just looked. I'm on this list at the very bottom, tied for #97-100. Fuck you Telethia.

People, please die more.

EDIT: I'm also 98th for most fast travel uses and 45th for most damage with a single attack (5 million something).

Soulflarz

Banned
Serious reply: The difference between selling a skell and buying a new one isn't honestly all that much. Skells usually sell for just the frame at around 70-75% of their buy price I think. Once you hit zero insurance, just unequip everything from the skell, sell it, then buy a new one of the same model.

Wait really?

oh

Don't affinty mission bosses also lower their level like in the story? Well I guess you could farm for the ares, but that's like 5000 tickets.

I need the 100k miranium, my cap is 40k

and pft
going the easy way out

Delio

Finally got my build strong enough to take out that tyrant in the cave to get the longsword i really want. Course it doesnt have Melee Attack up on it so maybe i should keep trying for another one.

Holyyyyyy shit. This is the most overwheming game I have ever played. I'm an hour in and still have no idea what the fuck I'm doing with ANY of this stuff. Never seen so many menus and stats and numbers in my life.

Combed through the manual but I don't know if that helped at all.

How long did it take you guys to "figure" this out? I'm running around fighting some bugs in the first area and my head is about to explode.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay

So

I finished the main story.

I'll... be going into the spoiler thread to freak out because WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT

-Horizon-

Holyyyyyy shit. This is the most overwheming game I have ever played. I'm an hour in and still have no idea what the fuck I'm doing with ANY of this stuff. Never seen so many menus and stats and numbers in my life.

Combed through the manual but I don't know if that helped at all.

How long did it take you guys to "figure" this out? I'm running around fighting some bugs in the first area and my head is about to explode.

Well, I have 81 hours so far, haven't even started chapter 8, and was just told only a page or so ago about an art one of my characters can do that could've helped so much in parts of the game that require sneaking :/

So yeah, I still don't know crap about this game lol.

But that's fine.

So, anyone know what types of damage to watch out for against Telethia? I've got reflect totally covered, but some of his attacks apparently can still dish out a shit ton on me.

EDIT: Telethia Plume btw

I'm looking to just go through the main story and enjoy "story" focused sidequests.

What kind of grinding am I looking at for that? How well will I need to know the systems if I'm just looking to complete the main game? Is just a general understanding enough?

Some of this bonus stuff and deeper mechanics is just... I feel way in over my head.

jonjonaug

So, anyone know what types of damage to watch out for against Telethia? I've got reflect totally covered, but some of his attacks apparently can still dish out a shit ton on me.

EDIT: Telethia Plume btw

Mostly ether and physical. He has one attack that I think is shock or gravity type.

Fun exploit: His sleep attack has a long windup, and you can't have status effects inflicted on you if you're in an Art animation (on foot or in Skell). If you see him beat his wings and start shining, cast an art immediately and you shouldn't fall asleep if the animation is long enough.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Thank God for Dual Guns + Longsword + Ghostwalker and Infinite OD setup because otherwise I would have had a much harder time with the final chapter.

All for the best teammate.

I know man. My resolve is wavering but I've come so far. So many missions. So close. I need to hear her say "Chief!" one more time...

Yea that one's been giving me a bit of trouble as well. That thing has the sickest defenses I've seen so far, it's cut my damn dps in half.

I dont know which appendages can be cut off. I'm only able to target the front and back. I thought I could target the tentacles or something. I can never dodge that slap attack that topples my entire party. Ugh.

What level/gear do you have?

I had my team kitted out in level 50-60 gear bought from the shop in New LA, I was 60, so was
Nagi
, Elma and Lin were 58. I didn't have any problems with the mission once I had my normal team out. I tried with my team that I was boosting(they were all level 30-40) and I just couldnt solo them. xD

At the time of posting, I was 52 and the rest of my party were 50-51. I've been doing some other missions while gathering enough materials for a bunch more Mechanoid XX thingy and adding slots to our gear. We're around 55 now and I'm gonna give it another shot soon.

zroid

Banned
Wait, why do Striker, Samurai Gunner, and Duelist have fewer skill slots than other classes? That's odd.

man, I want to get some of the skills from this class line, but it's going to be a slog if I have to deal with extra limited skill slots.

Lexxism

Wait, why do Striker, Samurai Gunner, and Duelist have fewer skill slots than other classes? That's odd.

man, I want to get some of the skills from this class line, but it's going to be a slog if I have to deal with extra limited skill slots.
You can always go back to drifter to have 5 skills slot :)

Golnei

Lao is a surfer dude at heart, I feel it in my bones

Another reason why the wetsuit bottoms should be equipped to him at all times. A shame they had to make everyone so flat...

I want my damn
Prone
team member/waifu.

Considering how proportionate they made the female Prone, it'd have been completely doable, as well. They'd have fit into the existing class and gear system just as well as L.

Top Bottom