• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

It's a small thing, but I like going into first-person when talking to the Nopon or some of the other aliens in NLA. It really helps drive home the size difference and what it would feel like.

I'm sitting here trying to do a mission where some Ganglion keep messing with probes and I have to stop them. Seems simple enough, until this bastard shows up:

Gd6oU5u.jpg

Every time! Barnabas the freaking Despot! It can do like 50k in a single hit! Maybe he'll go away at night.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm sitting here trying to do a mission where some Ganglion keep messing with probes and I have to stop them. Seems simple enough, until this bastard shows up:

Gd6oU5u.jpg

Every time! Barnabas the freaking Despot! It can do like 50k in a single hit! Maybe he'll go away at night.

He just wants a hug!

Does NLA ever expand physically? 80% of these roads being dead ends makes getting around real tiresome.
I just move around with fast travel (you can fast travel in NLA through the world map).

Would've liked to see more development on NLA though. There are some things that appear but it's quite little.

I'm one of yours !!! At last, went full digital since physical version is still nowhere to be find (or scalpers online, like 70€ for standard version) and it may take me my whole life to finish the game...

Can't wait to travel into my beautiful Skell
in 40 hours ;_;

Is there a way to use fashion gear to make it look like there's nothing equipped?
Apparently busted armwear is like that (obtained when you get an armwear drop from an AM you don't have unlocked or leveled) but I sold all mine a long time ago :(

I need some Fuel Recovery Probes asap. Can anyone guide me to some? Guides online are not proving fruitful...
Just so you know, those probes are utter rubbish.

Why do Tempered Blade Modules have such a terrible drop rate, i had more success with Phoenix and G Buster drops when i was farming them than i've had with these supposedly common items. I need 36 of these things for the level 60 Zenith cannon, is there a specific appendage i should be breaking on Shrads to ensure it drops or a specific Shrad i should be targeting?
Check the monster index in-game for the latter and in the case of the former, fuck Shrads.

Jesus I didn't realise how important sightseeing spots were.

Bumped my revenue from like 60k to 110k lol

Missing one at FN 318 in Oblivia still though, got the one
on top of the giant ring
but no idea where the second would be, any tips?

Soulflarz

Banned
Jesus I didn't realise how important sightseeing spots were.

Bumped my revenue from like 60k to 110k lol

Missing one at FN 318 in Oblivia still though, got the one
on top of the giant ring
but no idea where the second would be, any tips?

Wait
those affect rev?

NeoRausch

yes, its called off the record.

There are three quests from the console called "Off The Record". Each one appears when you raise a field skill to level 4. If you complete the quest, the skill raises to level 5. The mechanical related quest is by far the easiest one and the most useful to get as early as possible.

Thanks, perfect!
Yeah I already found a few Lvl 5 FNs, so I will do that asap!

random25

Completed the data probing yes! Mechanical level 5 does wonders. Next up will be the archeological level 5 quest.then biological level 5 for all the treasures.

Completed the data probing yes! Mechanical level 5 does wonders. Next up will be the archeological level 5 quest.then biological level 5 for all the treasures.

Would you recommend maxing to mech 5 first and then moving onto arch and bio?

(I'm at mechanical level 4 and level 2 bio)

random25

Would you recommend maxing to mech 5 first and then moving onto arch and bio?

(I'm at mechanical level 4 and level 2 bio)

Mechanical is recommended to be maxed first (up to 4 since lvl.5 is a quest) because planting data probes depend on mechanical level, and they are essential to your revenues, miranium and fast travel spots.

Sadist

Oh lord, I finally got some Phoenix and G(2) buster weapons for my lvl 50 skell.

The carnage. The carnage. Phoenix does about 50k damage and the G buster I equiped dished out 65k damage. I got these from guardian pugliths and the guardian, uh, drones who roam Badr Basin. Are there even stronger versions available of these weapons out there?

Oh lord, I finally got some Phoenix and G(2) buster weapons for my lvl 50 skell.

The carnage. The carnage. Phoenix does about 50k damage and the G buster I equiped dished out 65k damage. I got these from guardian pugliths and the guardian, uh, drones who roam Badr Basin. Are there even stronger versions available of these weapons out there?

You can base 100k with an orange Buster, more if you add gravity boosts. It's great for breaking parts fast

SalvaPot

I am at the fourth trade.

The first was a ma-non girl on the starship, close to May May (The one you sell miranium to)
The second was a Prone girl that was at L´s Shop
The third was a nopon in the industry district, in the big building on the middle.

I think I did skip one, but I am not sure. I should have writed this down.

hohoXD123

Finally got the flight module and of course it was another fetch quest with no indication as to where the monsters which drop the items actually were. This game seems to love that shit.

SalvaPot

Took me a while but just did it! After switching with the nopon in the industry district, I was lost, then I remembered that the prone dude on the manon ship was sad because he wanted a specific card, so I went there, and he gave me tips for fighting.

After that it was just going to the rich guy with the pool who gave me another silver card, and then to the ant dude that had the last golden card, mission accomplished!

Renewed

Took me a while but just did it! After switching with the nopon in the industry district, I was lost, then I remembered that the prone dude on the manon ship was sad because he wanted a specific card, so I went there, and he gave me tips for fighting.

After that it was just going to the rich guy with the pool who gave me another silver card, and then to the ant dude that had the last golden card, mission accomplished!

It's really great when you actually pay attention to the NPCs more and remember their struggles because when you start racking your head to remember who may need something, you remember those details about them and ask them about it.

I could barely remember most of them who mentioned Miralife cards but when there were some I got right by checking the area for them, it felt good.

Not to mention that dialogue changes frequently with story progression and it just makes the world feel like it's always changing with you and around you. The part you play can be major in retrospect (especially when you peruse the affinity chart and see the impacts you've helped make).

Jisgsaw

I usually love Prima Guides, but for this game I was pretty disappointed, lot of info missing/too hard to find.
Oh well at least it looks nice enough.

AniHawk

I'm still really, really early. And I have full intention to push through another couple of chapters to see how I feel. But so far this game is immensely disappointing coming off Xenoblade Wii, and if I feel the same way later on I'll probably end up selling it.

It's not clicking at all. The dialogue/cutscenes/characters are unbearably flat and uninteresting, I just want to skip every single dialogue exchange. Visually it's technically impressive and the skyboxes are nice, but the lack of richer colours and interesting worldbuilding through visual design from Xenoblade really let down the overall aesthetic. The soundtrack's great tracks are offset by the terrible ones, so it's far less consistent than Xenoblade as a whole. The UI is a mess. The whole questing structure and game flow is dragging its knuckles.

I'm at the point of bewilderment, to be honest. I loved Xenoblade so much, and that's within a genre that I'm not a big fan of in the first place (I'm exceedingly picky with JRPGS). The praise this has gotten here and elsewhere from people who also loved Xenoblade had me excited. It's obviously drawing a lot from Xenoblade in design and vision. But unlike Shulk I'm not really feeling it at all. So far absolutely nothing, except the Skells, about the story, world, and game design itself is standing out or grabbing my interest. I'm bored, so bored. And I'm sure as shit not grinding 10+ hours of content just to play around with a Skell.

Man :(

i felt the same early on. it gets better, but it never gets to be great. i actually completed the main story at 100 hours and i've put in another 15 so far just doing side missions (which actually chain together) as well as affinity quests.

xenoblade chronicles x is basically 'video game: the video game' where there's a shitload of game systems and things to customize and play around with. what i like is that there's a real sense of progression beyond exploring the world. i like that it first opens up with skells, and then flight mode, and finally post-game content. there's definitely a challenge to see and do everything, especially since the super skells aren't that tough to get. there's still a bunch of caves that you can't enter skells with though, meaning you still have to be pretty skilled at playing the game.

the downside to having everything is that the focus is too divided. this is a problem that never really goes away. what i loved about xenoblade chronicles was how i thought the game was doing one thing with colony 9 and then opening up into a much bigger world later. here, everything is presented at the start and the world actually shrinks over time. it actually becomes less impressive. the lack of focus is annoyingly brought into the story too, since your character is really there for side-missions and mute responses. elma and lin are the real main characters. i think they're both great actually, but i feel like the player should have controlled either one of them from the start.

the pacing of the story is weird too. xenoblade kind of leads you from one place to another, and has a couple of twists near the end, right before the endgame. xcx has the main characters basically doing one thing, and in the final mission, all of the cutscenes and plot revelations happen one after another. you're just getting used to one plot twist and then another one pops up.

and yeah the music is a big thing too. xenoblade chronicles felt to me like a final fantasy xii-esque game, with a better story and better music. it was basically an rpg with a shitload of depth and game systems. xcx has even more game stuff, but it feels a lot more like an open-world adventure game. it's not a bad thing, but it wasn't what i was interested in with xenoblade chronicles. in the first game, i was wowed by the new locales and the bigness of the world (and how the world seemed to get bigger the more you saw of it). in here it's just kinda more of the same.

i think i'll get the post-game skell, kill a couple tyrants that were making me have a bad day, and call it quits. i hope yoshi's better than this.

Alright, this mission is actually incredibly hard for once. I'll just take on stuff one at a time and-

*watches Elma slowly fly towards all the enemies*

EDIT: First time I've actually had to use the tactics menu

SalvaPot

It's really great when you actually pay attention to the NPCs more and remember their struggles because when you start racking your head to remember who may need something, you remember those details about them and ask them about it.

I could barely remember most of them who mentioned Miralife cards but when there were some I got right by checking the area for them, it felt good.

Not to mention that dialogue changes frequently with story progression and it just makes the world feel like it's always changing with you and around you. The part you play can be major in retrospect (especially when you peruse the affinity chart and see the impacts you've helped make).

Yeah! I love tor read what the NPC's have to say and it gives you great insight in what is going on with the city, also some activities and stories can only be resolved by knowing the whole picture. I really regret not saving certain NPC on certain mission because I did not read thoroughly and checked all the options, and later on found out that I could actually save that NPC.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 230,922 as of December 29h, 2015 - 12:32 GMT

ugoo18

After using
Celica and L
i'm wondering what the characters in general are like as i'm trying to pick a new 4th character. For example
Celica
is giving me Melia vibes overall. I initially used Doug but honestly (Can't believe this myself lol) i was kind of put off him overall after playing through
Chapter 11
. Was thinking maybe
Mia (I sure as heck worked to free her so why not), Nagi or H.B.

Any suggestions on preferences based on abilities/stats/interactions would be appreciated.

I usually love Prima Guides, but for this game I was pretty disappointed, lot of info missing/too hard to find.
Oh well at least it looks nice enough.

its not even good-looking, washed out colors, cheap paper. This was the first and last time i bought a Prima Guide.

Why bring a 500 page thick guide when it is almost completely useless?

Just a few points:
- Monster list with drops -> doesn't say where or when the monster can be found nor which appendix the drops are attached to (yeah thanks for telling me that it is located in Primordia)
- Quest list -> doesn't say where monster/items are located at
- Points of interest are marked on a map but no description to some of these points how to even get there.
- lots of missing information about how the battle system/crafting/stats works and which you either have to learn through playing or from information on the internet.
- Lots of space wasted with washed out pictures and citations from quests and missions, which are not even good to begin with, some pages are full with this shit whereas there are no other relevant information.

Top Bottom