• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Hey guys can you help me with a dumb question? Every once in a while a blue circle prompt appears; I push B and sometimes the screen says Good, Perfect, or Fail. What is happening here? Thanks!

Fandangox

So I'm like 200 tickets short of having all the harder Ares 90 items. People were saying the best way to farm them was by killing Plume, but how do you trade those items for tickets? Selling them just gives credits.

You get two types of drops. Drops using for crafting, and drops whose only use is to trade them for tickets. You get these by cutting the appendages of the global nemeses. After you are done with one, go to Division Spoils, you can trade them there, but do it before the global nemesis flees (you can see the remaining time on the console) or you won't be able to trade them.

skypunch

Banned
artbook get

lots of cool stuff inside... Irina is much hotter in her design sketch than ingame ;___;
also there's the sketch for the original protagonist, his dad & heroine + few more unused stuff

Can you, like, please post a scan of the original protag? Such a shame it was changed to a mute avatar.

133.gif

I was wondering what the battle points were for...

Fandangox

Hey guys can you help me with a dumb question? Every once in a while a blue circle prompt appears; I push B and sometimes the screen says Good, Perfect, or Fail. What is happening here? Thanks!

That's Soul Voice. An important mechanic in the game. When characters shout a command (Use melee arts, use ranged attacks to finish them, etc) you will see the arts they want you to use flash on your screen. Using these has the random chance of making the circle QTE appear, that has different effects. It always raises morale by one point (out of 3 max) The higher the morale the more often this prompt will appear.

It also will heal teamtes, and have other uses, you can to go the pause menu, and see your character's soul voices and edit them there, you can read all the effects there.

Much later in the game, when you get a skell, this prompt will also appear every time your skell gets destroyed, if you manage to land a perfect circle, you won't use up insurance and your skell will get repaired for free, but only if you have at least one insurance ticket remaining.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ok I just got to Lv 30, what's the most efficient approach to skells? I bought the most expensive one in the shop and weapons to fill out all my slots. I feel like the ground game is pointless since a heavy smell is so much More powerful and has way more HP.

Where can I go getting the good weapons hats being talked about here?

Should I buy heavy Lv 30 for all my party , or keep them in cheap ones until Lv 40 and beyond?

Fandangox

Ok I just got to Lv 30, what's the most efficient approach to skells? I bought the most expensive one in the shop and weapons to fill out all my slots. I feel like the ground game is pointless since a heavy smell is so much More powerful and has way more HP.

Should I buy heavy Lv 30 for all my party , or keep them in cheap ones until Lv 40 and beyond?

You cannot use Skells everywhere (some plot fights, small caves, etc) and eventually with the proper augments and equipment, an overdrive build for ground gear will do more damage than Skells since there's less cooldown time.

Also Frames only come in 30, 50, and 60's (Plus the lvl 20 you get at the beginning) I'd get 4 level 30 skells for your and teamates until everyone is 50.

Vena

You cannot use Skells everywhere (some plot fights, small caves, etc) and eventually with the proper augments and equipment, an overdrive build for ground gear will do more damage than Skells since there's less cooldown time.

Also Frames only come in 30, 50, and 60's (Plus the lvl 20 you get at the beginning) I'd get 4 level 30 skells for your and teamates until everyone is 50.

Certain enemies cannot be engaged without a Skell, conversely, as they are flying and will not come down.

zroid

Banned

FWIW last night I ran into a lv30 tyrant and I was rocking two level 30 skells for my avatar and Elma... Elma's skell got one-shotted ;_;

tried again on foot and managed to take it out (wasn't easy, but at least no skells got one shotted lol).

point being I think there's still going to be times when ground combat is better than skell combat -- aside from the times when it's mandatory

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Cool. I'm trying to do a sniper and knife combo , but it takes so long to build TP that it doesn't feel useful at all, since most of that build relies on the TP arts to dish out high damage.

Fandangox

Certain enemies cannot be engaged without a Skell, conversely, as they are flying and will not come down.

Yeah, but that's unnecessary to say to someone who thought ground combat would be pointless after getting an skell.

Cool. I'm trying to do a sniper and knife combo , but it takes so long to build TP that it doesn't feel useful at all, since most of that build relies on the TP arts to dish out high damage.

You can try TP Gain or TP Max augments, which make you gain more TP per autottack, and raise your maximum allowed TP respectively, those are hard to craft early game though, some weapons may already come with those augments in.

eaise

Neo Member
Just wait until he meets Xe-Doms, then, I guess? :p

I'm one of those people that would say ground combat is just as important if not more important than skell combat. I even find ground combat more fun

But why are Xe-Doms hard for skells? I had no problem farming them w my lvl 50 skell

Normally i'm digital all the way, but for some reason I thought i'd be better off getting the physical version for capacity, but it's basically the same size after installing the efficiency packs. The disc doesn't seem to spin enough to bother me so I guess it's okay.

Vena

I'm one of those people that would say ground combat is just as important if not more important than skell combat. I even find ground combat more fun

But why are Xe-Doms hard for skells? I had no problem farming them w my lvl 50 skell

If they get a gravity off, they will kill something, usually.

eaise

Neo Member
If they get a gravity off, they will kill something, usually.

Weird I've never had that happen. Lin and Elma's skells (they only had lvl 30s at the time) were usually killed but my Versus had no problem at all
Maybe their gravity move is lower accuracy so my skells evasion was always high enough?

Golnei

I know!
Zombie attacks, robot attacks, holy God, what else can go wrong?

Once the
domestic terrorism
started, I wasn't even surprised.

Yeah, same with Vandham's and H.B's interactions with other, really wish the characters were more fleshed out.

I really liked that one conversation as well - it was one of the only times HB ended up feeling like he inhabited the same world as the rest of the cast. They really need to work out some way to balance things better in future games - whether it's by pruning the party down to a reasonable size so that they can actually interact, or rethinking how interactions between a larger group can be delivered adequately without having costs balloon.

I really liked that one conversation as well - it was one of the only times HB ended up feeling like he inhabited the same world as the rest of the cast.
Apparently HB is a DLC character in Japan, which is why he feels thrown in.

Vena

Weird I've never had that happen. Lin and Elma's skells (they only had lvl 30s at the time) were usually killed but my Versus had no problem at all
Maybe their gravity move is lower accuracy so my skells evasion was always high enough?

Oh I hate losing Skells in general, so even if the NPCs lose one its a failure in my book! :p

Your main skell should be fine do deal with the lower level ones, the higher their level the higher their accuracy. And mechs are just inherently weak to gravity.

Golnei

Apparently HB is a DLC character in Japan, which is why he feels thrown in.

I'm aware of that, but I don't think he's really all that different from the other optional party members which were part of the base game (Hope, Murderess, Phog, Frye) in terms of how he doesn't get enough development or opportunity to interact with other characters. The latter three had connections to a single other party member - Irina for Murderess and Phog and Frye for each other - but they largely existed in a vaccuum, which severely limited their potential.

It seems like more of a side-effect of the large cast and the compartmentalised approach taken to them, rather than just being a problem exclusive to the DLC characters.

jgwhiteus

It's on the lower level of the administrative district. You can find a large elevator to take you down there in the upper portion of the administrative map, next to the Division Drive landmark - after that, you'll have a landmark to fast travel to the Hangar.

Doug is up a ramp near some tents - just go south a bit from the elevator, past the skells, and you'll see the ramp to your right.

By the way, when new party members become available to you, or you learn new information about a quest or treasure or tyrant, the segment grid on your game-pad gets updated with a "new" marker. You find the hexagon section marked "new" and tap on it to see the info for that section of the map, and in the case of the party member, it'll say "Doug likes to hang around here" or similar.

I didn't figure out the above until several, several hours into the game.

Renewed

Did the support mission to farm BP since I'm gonna need it to back up my equipment drops. Want to start sniper now that I got a decent one. I pumped every skill up to at least level 4... ugh, shouldn't have done that.

This game has a strange definition of "greatly increase affinity" with those support mission.

I remember it taking 5 times to fill up a heart with the highest affinity gain mission. Bonds take time to form, but they become unbreakable. yadayada

I forgot to look at my overall percentage but all areas of new LA are over 91, the 5 continents are at least 81%. It feels like I'm closing in on 100%...well most of what is left will be getting non Ares skell builds for taking on the ultrafauna tyrants that you have to use Skells on.

Time to take a break.

This game has a strange definition of "greatly increase affinity" with those support mission.
The achievements for max affinity notification does not trigger when doing those either. you still unlock the achievement though. It just makes it annoying to track when you've maxed affinity...

Top Bottom