• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

KingBroly

Banned
Level doesn't matter that much, considering you can do it while never getting out of your Skells. Just make sure everyone has beam weapons and Level 30 Skells, you have a G-Buster and Gravity damage-boosting skill, and target the dishes before the main body. It might also help to not concentrate fire, so that your party members can take out reinforcements while you dismantle the appendages.

Just stuff with beam damage since it gets bonuses against enemy skells and mechanical enemies. I used a BB-sword on my back slot and was practically one-shotting the enemy skells that appear every so often during that fight. So just load up on beam damage weapons and focus fire on the individual parts of the boss as they take more damage.

I have 3 BB Swords and 1 G Buster. I can see why they're good weapons.

Xenoboy

What are your favorite lines Gaf?
Mine are -
H.B: Will I ever stop excelling?
Irina: I didn't know I was so popular.
MC: Now you see me, now you see more of me!

I found out why you prospectors always win :p:
WVW69it4e0sfGgNWip

WVW69it4iEALyPw0yJ

Cheats never prospector...no wait that doesn't sound right.

They refuel you really fast when you're in your Skell in a region. That's pretty good, I'd say.
Do you actually have any because using fuel recovery up level 3 I only recover fuel with parked skells and the difference feels like placebo.

Are you sure you are not mixing the rising mist weather condition in sylvalim here.

correojon

its not even good-looking, washed out colors, cheap paper. This was the first and last time i bought a Prima Guide.

Why bring a 500 page thick guide when it is almost completely useless?

Just a few points:
- Monster list with drops -> doesn't say where or when the monster can be found nor which appendix the drops are attached to (yeah thanks for telling me that it is located in Primordia)
- Quest list -> doesn't say where monster/items are located at
- Points of interest are marked on a map but no description to some of these points how to even get there.
- lots of missing information about how the battle system/crafting/stats works and which you either have to learn through playing or from information on the internet.
- Lots of space wasted with washed out pictures and citations from quests and missions, which are not even good to begin with, some pages are full with this shit whereas there are no other relevant information.

I bought 2 Prima guides: one for Darksiders 2 which was alright but nothing truly special and another for The Wonderful 101 which felt like a total scam, specially when comparing it to the Bayonetta guide from Future Press. Those guides have very little effort behind them and by no way achieve what they are announced as, I will never buy another Prima guide again.

correojon

Mine are -

I love one from Dough, it´s something like:
Doug: You deserve to find a good girl. or a guy, if that´s your thing.

The way he says it gets me everytime XD

Dee Dee

Mine are -

I hardly hear them, but all of L's.
"Right in the kisser!"
"It's not over until the fat baby sings!"

I also noticed the post-battle chat just lately - Elma and Hope started randomly chatting about tea after I took down a tyrant. If only the background music wasn't so damn loud.

I found out why you prospectors always win :p:
WVW69it4e0sfGgNWip

WVW69it4iEALyPw0yJ

Cheats never prospector...no wait that doesn't sound right.

Do you actually have any because using fuel recovery up level 3 I only recover fuel with parked skells and the difference feels like placebo.

Are you sure you are not mixing the rising mist weather condition in sylvalim here.

Not surprising when the time attack world records are like 2 seconds.

Once they get bored then things will even out.

cyress8

Banned
yep,some builds can one shot anything. Im working on one now and dont even need my skell anymore. Not even optimal and can hit for 30-40k with one art attack without overdrive.

Edit: I don't even have augments to even boost my damage. I'm in treasure sensor gear. :) Love dem gold drops.

Strike00

Banned
Holy fuck how long did that take you? I only just got all the required materials and the probe setup for 100k miranium.

Jesus.

Getting the first Ares 90 was pretty annoying, because I had to farm mats/tickets with lv 50 skells. But once you have your first Ares 90 it becomes easy since you one shot most things so it's easier to farm materials.

I'm not sure how long it took to get my first Ares but the other 3 took me less than 4 hours.
What also helps is if you have a good ground build like the famous blossom ether build so you can do time attacks missions when the global nemesis is gone.

cyress8

Banned
unless you can walk in and one shot the boss, there is no way to get to current world record (7 seconds).
You can oneshot the bosses. There are videos for a guy that solo killed, without his skell, the telethia nemesis 534 times. He could have kept going but ran out of time. His build outputs insane damage.

Edit: I'm using that build and my damage shot through the roof. If I had the augments I would try it myself.

Forkball

Hit level 30 and I want to buy skells. Any tips? I have no idea which ones to buy. Should everyone get different skells? What are the best skells for Lin and Elma?

marrec

Banned
Another 4 hours yesterday and still stuck on "The Repair Job" which makes for a total of 7 hours now on this stupid quest.

Hopefully tomorrow finds me done with this nightmare.

Not that I would want another exactly Xenoblade-type game, but I would really love to see what Monolithsoft is capable of with a fast hard disk, 8GB+ of RAM, and a modern GPU.

I can't wait to see Zelda Wii U.

marrec

Banned
Which item do you miss? It should not take so long to complete.

The White thing that you have to mine. Got two mines with 80% G2 probes cranking out bupkis. I am up to 3 out of 5 though so it could literally happen at any moment for me. The dumbest part? I already had the probes and mines set up at the beginning of the quest so I didn't even have to go out and get that shit done. I guess I'm just incredibly unlucky.

The White thing that you have to mine. Got two mines with 80% G2 probes cranking out bupkis. I am up to 3 out of 5 though so it could literally happen at any moment for me.

Oh that one. Before accepting the mission I have 2. Then, I linked three G1 to G2 to get the 30% bonus, and I wait for 30 mins to get the remaining 3 afterwards. Hope it helps.

marrec

Banned
Oh that one. Before accepting the mission I have 2. Then, I linked three G1 to G2 to get the 30% bonus, and I wait for 30 mins to get the remaining 3 afterwards. Hope it helps.

I'm seven hours into the quest so no it doesn't help. As I said yesterday it's a fucking ridiculous design and whoever implemented it should be publicly humiliated for my edification.

I just have to grind through it, do some exploring, ect. ect.

artbook get

lots of cool stuff inside... Irina is much hotter in her design sketch than ingame ;___;
also there's the sketch for the original protagonist, his dad & heroine + few more unused stuff

I am so jealous! I need to ask my friend to bring one back when he goes to Japan a few days later.

Golnei

I just noticed that L looks a lot better half naked. Clothes don't look good on him.

It does look better than his default, but overall, I kind of prefer how the suits and school uniforms look on him, especially with the round glasses. It fits his personality and obsessive interest in human culture, as well.

I also noticed the post-battle chat just lately - Elma and Hope started randomly chatting about tea after I took down a tyrant. If only the background music wasn't so damn loud.

The couple of post-battle conversations between characters who normally never even get scenes together - Alexa/Frye and Lao/Phog, in particular - really make me miss the more fleshed out party from the first game. It's a shame it's so unwieldy to write around a playable cast this large, because there could have been some fairly well-done character dynamics there.

Mine are -

Phog's "are we having a bro moment?" is the cutest line in the game. Lao's weather line grew on me as well, as did Murderess' level-up quote.

Fandangox

The couple of post-battle conversations between characters who normally never even get scenes together - Alexa/Frye and Lao/Phog, in particular - really make me miss the more fleshed out party from the first game. It's a shame it's so unwieldy to write around a playable cast this large, because there could have been some fairly well-done character dynamics there.

Phog's "are we having a bro moment?" is the cutest line in the game. Lao's weather line grew on me as well.

Yeah, same with Vandham's and H.B's interactions with other, really wish the characters were more fleshed out.

Gattsu25

Banned
I've broached the 100hour mark and have been holding off completing Ch10 for some reason.

Every time I set out to do something, I naturally get sidetracked by another thing. It's awesome.

QQ, how many chapters are in the game and is there anything I am locked off from doing if I complete the game?

rhandino

Banned
Holy... Phog and
Frye
backstory is some of the concepts I wanted to see explored more in the game, especially the part where
their father was OK being left behind because he was older and felt that he had no right to take a spot in the White Whale in favor of letting more young people to take the opportunity to escape.

jonjonaug

I've broached the 100hour mark and have been holding off completing Ch10 for some reason.

Every time I set out to do something, I naturally get sidetracked by another thing. It's awesome.

QQ, how many chapters are in the game and is there anything I am locked off from doing if I complete the game?
Twelve, and no.

Completed chapter 8 last night, probably the best chapter so far. I've seen people in this thread having trouble with chapter 9, what level should I be before I take it on?

Also, where do I go to recruit murderess? I still haven't gotten her.

zroid

Banned
I'm sitting here trying to do a mission where some Ganglion keep messing with probes and I have to stop them. Seems simple enough, until this bastard shows up:

Gd6oU5u.jpg

Every time! Barnabas the freaking Despot! It can do like 50k in a single hit! Maybe he'll go away at night.

Been there.... :(

you can also lure the Ganglion away from the tyrant's path so it won't see you

Jisgsaw

Completed chapter 8 last night, probably the best chapter so far. I've seen people in this thread having trouble with chapter 9, what level should I be before I take it on?

Level 34-35 would be adviceable.
Murderess is right behind the blade console (where you take basic missions) fast travel point, near a Skell.

I'm not sure I've grabbed the concept of Skell combat correctly.

From what I've seen, most of the Skells I've tried have 1 or 2 big attacks, all of the other stuff is weak sauce almost not worth the fuel.

-Horizon-

I'm sitting here trying to do a mission where some Ganglion keep messing with probes and I have to stop them. Seems simple enough, until this bastard shows up:

Gd6oU5u.jpg

Every time! Barnabas the freaking Despot! It can do like 50k in a single hit! Maybe he'll go away at night.
Yeah, that dude roams all day and night. I only managed to do ok because I waited until he went in the opposite direction lol.

Her affinity recruit mission is in the lower mech hangar near the exit to the streets. There's a group of people fighting and she's just standing and watching.

artbook get

lots of cool stuff inside... Irina is much hotter in her design sketch than ingame ;___;
also there's the sketch for the original protagonist, his dad & heroine + few more unused stuff

I ordered mine yesterday after seeing it around here. Supposedly arriving New Year's Eve. I am excite.

Nose Master

I should probably muscle through the main story already, starting to get fatigued. Exploring the world is the only truly engaging bit. Battles are okay, but the classes and party members suck. None of the classes are terribly fun to play, and the PSO-style NPC party members simply exist, they're barely even characters.

/poopypants

Zafir

So I'm like 200 tickets short of having all the harder Ares 90 items. People were saying the best way to farm them was by killing Plume, but how do you trade those items for tickets? Selling them just gives credits.

vareon

Celica get!

I haven't started Chapter 10 but I don't mind being spoiled a bit:
Is she required for Story Missions? Kinda hard to imagine that a character that important (and she showed up in promotional materials, too) is a sidequest.

So I'm like 200 tickets short of having all the harder Ares 90 items. People were saying the best way to farm them was by killing Plume, but how do you trade those items for tickets? Selling them just gives credits.

Choose the Global Nemesis Battle Spoils at the network console in the Barracks. You'll be able to exchange them for reward tickets there.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Celica get!

I haven't started Chapter 10 but I don't mind being spoiled a bit:
Is she required for Story Missions? Kinda hard to imagine that a character that important (and she showed up in promotional materials, too) is a sidequest.
No, just toss her aside.

I just got rank 10 in duelist. I've just realised I'm purely longsword arts based. But is there a particular class I should be now? I know I can carry over my weapons into other classes now. And is it good I'm purely melee?

And I've only just realised you can level up your arts and skills...
Actually it took me about 10 hours to even realise I had skills.

Top Bottom