• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

So Alexa is always in my party when the game permits it, just because she reminded me so much of the Mechromancer from Borderlands 2, which is one of my favourite characters of all time, I just looked up Alexa's VA and was surprised to see that it's the same one as the Mechromancer's, now I can't unhear it haha

th4tguy

May be a dumb question. I downloaded all (I think) of the quick load assets from the store a few days ago in prep for getting the game today. What is the best way to determine if I have all of them and that they are being used?

I'm trying to complete the quest where you have to survey 30% of Oblivia. I think I've gotten most of the probes I can get to. What other quick ways are there to up the percentage? I've been going around to wreckages and opening them but why is it some raise it and some don't?

May be a dumb question. I downloaded all (I think) of the quick load assets from the store a few days ago in prep for getting the game today. What is the best way to determine if I have all of them and that they are being used?

I think you can go back to e-shop page and check if they have been installed. Or somewhere in setting/file management...

Vena

I'm trying to complete the quest where you have to survey 30% of Oblivia. I think I've gotten most of the probes I can get to. What other quick ways are there to up the percentage? I've been going around to wreckages and opening them but why is it some raise it and some don't?

Kill weak Tyrants (hexagons with an animal head on them).

Soulflarz

Banned

Only one in a hex does it. Theres salvages that are there that aren't the one you're looking for.

Astral Dog

Where do you get those research probes? i swear i had less than 5 , many mining ones and have been opening alot of treasure chest and exploring alot of the 5 continents. missions very rarely give them,

Maybe if i change them? can you remove the probes when already planted?

Lexxism

Where do you get those research probes? i swear i had less than 5 , many mining ones and have been opening alot of treasure chest and exploring alot of the 5 continents. missions very rarely give them,

Maybe if i change them? can you remove the probes when already planted?
Research probe is really rare. You can remove the probes whenever you want.

jgwhiteus

Thanks guys! I'm having a bit of trouble locating Tyrants but I'll try that regardless.

Yeah, just like treasures you have to defeat a specific tyrant, so if there's more than one in a hexagon killing the other won't count. And sometimes those suckers can be difficult to find; I often had to look their names up online to figure out where they specifically were within the grid area.

I tended to prefer going for treasures over tyrants; even if you don't get the treasure that clears a grid you're still getting something of value, and there usually aren't more than 2-3 within a grid. Also, having a treasure sensor on the mini-map makes them much easier to find than trying to see the purple tyrant icon over a monster (who may not even appear until you're pretty close, or might only appear during specific times or weather conditions). Only downside to treasures is that some might not be reachable until you have the flight module, or might require a higher level skill.

Timeaisis

I'm level 29 and my teammates still enjoy dying against level 28 enemies. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that.

L in particular. He's always low health. Always.

Soulflarz

Banned
If the head appears on the map is that sufficient to make the tyrant spawn or do I have to overhear conversations about them in new LA first?

you can do them before the hexes appear
thats just informational.

Convo in town can give info though, like if it only spawns in rain or such

If you spec HP just right you can have like 30k+ on a character. QTE checks in combat, and soul voice heals are all % based. My main char has 25k hp. I QTE heal for 2400, Geolibrium ticks for 2k, and Arts: Gain HP XV does 630.
Potential also determines soul voice healing (I think by modifying the percentage).

I'm level 29 and my teammates still enjoy dying against level 28 enemies. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that.

L in particular. He's always low health. Always.
L is meant to be a tank so might be attracting a lot of aggro and thus hits. Give him some heavy armour and use his HP boosting skills.

th4tguy

The text in this game is so small. I can't sit on my couch and play. I have to sit in front of the TV or use the screen on the controller to play. :(
Even on the controller, the text is very hard to read. After toying with the camera controls, that feels much better. Gameplay is fun. Very similar to first XBC.

Vena

In comparison to other open world games, regardless of console, its actually average to fast depending on what and to/from where you're loading.

So it was a terrible statement to make.

marrec

Banned
In comparison to other open world games, regardless of console, its actually average to fast depending on what and to/from where you're loading.

So it was a terrible statement to make.

Pretty fast coming from Bloodborne and FO4 and MGSV.

Fandangox

Exactly how I feel in my negativity, and why I've now chosen to bow out. I think there's a good game in there, but it's not at all what I want from both the genre and this (potential) series. It's too scattered, aimless, and spread thinly in the same way MMOs are at the expense of a greater sense of moment-to-moment progression, which Xenoblade did very well. There's no one thing XCX does that takes me out of the adventure, so much as the sum total of parts. What on the surface looked like another Xenoblade, with a twist is in fact a very different game even if it shares some superficial ideas. Structurally and conceptually it's a different beast, and since I'm already obscenely picky with JRPGs this is, as a whole, leaning far too hard in a direction I have no interest in.

Where Xenoblade was for me a return to form for the classic genre tropes with modern trimmings and a great premise and cast, XCX is a dull and somewhat aimless excursion in knuckle dragging that lacks the punch of its predecessor. It could also be that my love for Xenoblade also burned me out in the formula, but XCX is too different for no gain.

So yeah. Gave it a crack, but not for me. Gonna sell it off to someone who can appreciate it.

I am really enjoying the game, gameplaywise is so much better than xenoblade. The game makes a good job making you feel small and getting you used to fighting on the ground, and when you get the skell it really opens up and shows how "small" the world actually was. There's just too many layers to the combat, allowing for a lot of experimentation on builds.

However in terms of "experience" the game barely has anything that made the original Xenoblade special. Most of the soundtrack itself is fine, but is awfully implemented, with bad mixing, and poor use of tracks that make no sense for the scene, its obvious there was almost no feedback between the composer and the rest of the devs on how the soundtrack would be used.

The individual landscapes of the Xenoblade X are fantastic, and the only place where I really feel the soundtrack shines, but compared to the first game, they don't feel as cohesive, Sylvanum and Cauldros being right next to each other doesn't make much sense (what's causing the drastic divide?) Same with Oblivia and Primordia. Not only that, but they just file they are there and that's it. In the first Xenoblade each area has its own "role" in the world, as are all part of the Bionis and connected with each more meaningfully than the areas in X, except for the Eryth Sea and Magna Forest in the first game, which really made no sense. You can see it with stuff like Prison Island or the Ruins in the Bionis which do get a backdrop explanation, compared the ruins in Oblivia which are just mysteriously there.

On top of that, while some of the characters in X are amusing (H,B, Mia, Phog, L, Alexa) the huge amount of playable characters made the focus on a small playable party impossible, you won't see interactions between the characters the way the characters interacted in the first game, which is a shame, because I actually think the characters on this one have the potential to be really interesting interacting with each other. What would an adventure with H.B, Murderess and Boze would be like? I don't know, but I'd like to see that.

The main story is really bland, and I didn't care for how it was presented much, the game throws all the twist to the player at the last second, without letting them have time to digest them, but even then, all the normal missions do really make Mira an interesting place, by lategame, its clear there's something about the planet drawing everyone together, but no one knows anything about it.

The game has been out for long in Japan, so I had time to come with terms with all of that for a long time, so coming into Xenoblade I just let the "Video Game" part do its job and I am having a lot of fun, with it, I got to the point where I finally got a good Ground Gear built in, and I am trying to see how many enemies I can take on without my skell.

Is a good game, I actually hope the next Xenoblade is a direct sequel to this one, taking on the gameplay cues of this game, but dialing the world a bit back and letting it feel a lot more focused like on the first Xenoblade.

In the first Xenoblade each area has its own "role" in the world, as are all part of the Bionis and connected with each more meaningfully than the areas in X, except for the Eryth Sea and Makna Forest in the first game, which really made no sense.

That's what the Bionis Shoulder was supposed to be for, but they ran out of time :p

Haunted

Holiday shenanigans have finally died down for me which means I can finally get back to this game after skipping out on it for almost a week. Just in time too since I finally received this in the mail today:

Time to finally get back in the swing of things.
That's honestly a great choice for an art book cover.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think that will be a problem with each Xenoblade game. They're massive in ambition but never enough time to get it all done.

xbc still feels pretty complete regardless!

I would love for a direct sequel set hundreds of years after this. Make it a weird fantasy/sci fi mashup.

That's what this game is :V

(Xenoblade Chronicles X Y, shortened to XXY, because they can't keep the format consistent apparently)

Okay, so I'm starting to get a handle on how the direct multiplayer works but one thing I've seen mentioned but not directly addressed is: how do I bring NPC party members into the multiplayer? I don't mean a full team of NPCs, but mixing them with live players, I've referenced the manual but did not see this covered. Also how do I access a list of players to invite to my multi session? We can join up from the barracks console but as host I'm supposed to be able to send out invites too yeah?

Xenoboy

I just did A False Hope,
gee Ornella crushed Hope, fuck you Ornella. There are so many definians, I wonder if there are going to be friendly ones, except for Suriella.
I also did Nagi's Time,
is this mission required for later? I find it odd that Nagi suddenly becomes playable out of nowhere. Is the lifehold in Primordia also going to be explored further? I've only finished chapter 8, so just say yes or no to that.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does Global Nemesis Telethia have some kind of reflect on it? On one go, I demolished it the entire 3 minutes, but on another it just wipes me out, breaks my ghostwalker and my physical arts seemed to kill me.

R.D.Blax

Does Global Nemesis Telethia have some kind of reflect on it? On one go, I demolished it the entire 3 minutes, but on another it just wipes me out, breaks my ghostwalker and my physical arts seemed to kill me.

Sometime a prompt appear and tell you it is going to reflect your ether attack to wreck you

Haunted

man farming Honey Oil is a bitch

I need 3000 tickets

HP rebound XX pls

death toxin is kinda bad too
Break the cinicula weak point for a basically 100% guaranteed drop with treasure sensor equipment.

Some of the materials actually become harder to farm once your characters are so OP that they quickly dispatch enemies. :lol... ;_;

Break the cinicula weak point for a basically 100% guaranteed drop with treasure sensor equipment.

Some of the materials actually become harder to farm once your characters are so OP that they quickly dispatch enemies. :lol... ;_;

yeah that is my issue right now end game level 60

I was grinding naked so no treasure sensors

Seik

Banned
That feeling when I didn't save in a while and accidentaly get my skell wrecked and have to pay 87K$ to repair it. :/

Soulflarz

Banned
uncontrollable so good

edit PSA of sorts
reminder "return to skell" resets all crystals, if youre standing on a spot of 4 or so, spam return to skell, don't fast travel back.

Top Bottom