• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

This is a weird game where it simultaneously becomes less impressive the more you play it but also more addicting.

It's funny that this deep in (at the final mission) and I still stand by my point that this world feels incredibly small despite the size.

I think the Skells play a part in making the game's world feel a bit smaller. I definitely had that kind of feeling.

I just want information on what they're doing next. I think Takahashi said that they're next project is going to be different from X so I'm crossing my finger's for a more story focused sequel or other Xeno game.

oh
the lyrics are shit
the chorus is hype though

The only reason I know those lines are because I looked it up before :p. I'm not really much of a lyric person in general. I listen more to how the vocals sound within the rest of the music, in which case I think the vocals in Uncontrollable work pretty well.

Especially that high point around 1 minute into the track. It's like the tyrant theme from Xenoblade Chronicles in that I don't want the battle to end before the song gets to the best part.

jonjonaug

People wanting the art book: Anazon.co.jp is a very good import outlet for books, CDs, and DVDs/BDs. Good exchange rate handled by Amazon, discounted prices (note also that the price on the page isn't what you'll pay at checkout, it includes tax that you won't have to pay), and fast and cheap shipping.

Soulflarz

Banned
attack on biahno hills takes the cake for most random activation
talk to person in between barracks and E gate with an s in her name-- the one whos a normal npc
she disappears
go to transport chopper, quest appears
OKAY THEN

Renewed

uncontrollable so good

edit PSA of sorts
reminder "return to skell" resets all crystals, if youre standing on a spot of 4 or so, spam return to skell, don't fast travel back.

Pretty much back when I was Joker farming, I kill it and then fly out and land on a good spot where the geometry allowed then returned to Skell to refresh Joker. Basically any enemy farming lol

People wanting the art book: Anazon.co.jp is a very good import outlet for books, CDs, and DVDs/BDs. Good exchange rate handled by Amazon, discounted prices (note also that the price on the page isn't what you'll pay at checkout, it includes tax that you won't have to pay), and fast and cheap shipping.

Can attest to this. Scheduled to arrive today, got it yesterday lol

Soulflarz

Banned
I think it's safe to say there isn't much purification going on at that water plant

it's also safe to say 80% of blades are in some evil organization or such that we take down in side quests

edit: i managed to t stance of sorts by switching to controlling someone the second they got into a mech
weird

Xenoboy

I do wonder how many quest-chains actually result in a positive outcome.
I can only come up with a few, many more with negatives.

Vena

I do wonder how many quest-chains actually result in a positive outcome.
I can only come up with a few, many more with negatives.

A lot of the fluffy silly ones like clothes or marriage and stuff like that end up happy. The biggest quest chain in the game
Mia's
ends on a high note.

But a lot of quest lines are incredibly dark and bitter.

Xenoboy

A lot of the fluffy silly ones like clothes or marriage and stuff like that end up happy. The biggest quest chain in the game
Mia's
ends on a high note.

But a lot of quest lines are incredibly dark and bitter.

I've only done one of
Mia's
quests. When can you do more of them?

Vena

I've only done one of
Mia's

Its a really convoluted, long quest chain that requires other quest chains to be completed as well as certain minimum exploration %s of each territory. Good luck!

Soulflarz

Banned
I've only done one of
Mia's

Well
On that topic
copy pasting shameless the requirements to get her as a party member

Complete the "Mamma Mia" mission after chapter 3 (this is available in the administrative district by talking to her)
Complete the "Adventure" mission in Noctilum after chapter 5 - she is in the Skybound Coil Tree
Complete the "Mighty Mia" mission after chapter 6 - she is on the leaning ring in Oblivia
Complete "A Girls Wings" (this is available after chapter 9 in the test hangar)
Complete the Definian event chain (starts in chapter 11): Attack on Biahno Hills, Water Woes, The Miracle Maker, Rites of Ruin, Good Fortun, Definian Downfall
Complete the Alex chain: Alien Nation, Shotgun Diplomacy, The Line of Fire, Alex's Last Stand
Complete the Professor B chain: Mystery Man, Professor B's Return
Survey 65% of Cauldros (not 80%, as most places will say)
Head to the Ganglion Antropolis and look for a surveyable item that you cannot reach - Mia is being kept in a trailer-like structure near the back of the facility - this will start the "Mia is Missing" mission.

Eusis

Pretty fast coming from Bloodborne and FO4 and MGSV.
I think MGSV would have been comparable if it weren't for the dead time as you had to call in helicopters and wait on them. I'm definitely one for styles of fast travel that goad you into more familiarization with the world without being too convenient, but that felt like it was barely better than having none.

Zafir

its not even good-looking, washed out colors, cheap paper. This was the first and last time i bought a Prima Guide.

Why bring a 500 page thick guide when it is almost completely useless?

Just a few points:
- Monster list with drops -> doesn't say where or when the monster can be found nor which appendix the drops are attached to (yeah thanks for telling me that it is located in Primordia)
- Quest list -> doesn't say where monster/items are located at
- Points of interest are marked on a map but no description to some of these points how to even get there.
- lots of missing information about how the battle system/crafting/stats works and which you either have to learn through playing or from information on the internet.
- Lots of space wasted with washed out pictures and citations from quests and missions, which are not even good to begin with, some pages are full with this shit whereas there are no other relevant information.

It doesn't help you with quest choices either. Just tells you options, not how they turn out.

I'm just glad I didn't pay much for it.

I think i've only used it to keep track of the affinity quests.

I think that will be a problem with each Xenoblade game. They're massive in ambition but never enough time to get it all done.
Some of the New LA segment topics are like this. You literally talk to an NPC are given a choice and no matter what you pick segment complete. Feels like there was meant to be a quest or something accompanying them.

Sweet, thanks. Is he different from Lin? I know they are both Shield Troopers.
Slightly different stats, art differences (mainly due to psycho launchers), skills and soul voice calls too. HB is similar. I think the slight tweaks are something like Lin is offensive, L is support while HB is aggro.

Kind of annoying how Lin is required for so much of the story so L and HB are easy to sideline (personally Lin and Elma due to being required for story and most affinity missions meant I didn't use them for anything but those).

Vena

Wow.

This is a broken combination (item (WP-R-GP on Assault Rifle), not the Skell). The GP gain is insane, especially if you animation cancel the reload:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01mps26.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
So Alexa is always in my party when the game permits it, just because she reminded me so much of the Mechromancer from Borderlands 2, which is one of my favourite characters of all time, I just looked up Alexa's VA and was surprised to see that it's the same one as the Mechromancer's, now I can't unhear it haha

Just finished her series of affinity missions - she's amazing. I think Nagi and her are my favourites thus far.

Vena

I think most of the Ganglion/Prone not-mech guards are blind, as in, programmed to don't notice you at all unless you're literally hugging them. for some reason

the guards in the cauldros big base

mgs guards put them to shame

57.5%/65%
gah
so close

Enemies won't notice you if you are 10 level above them, regardless of what you do. You can hug them and they won't even notice unless you attack them.

Vena

10 levels? That explains it. I knew there was some gap, but I assumed 15/20.

Tyrants will always notice you if you enter their sight-cone, though. Or its like a 30 level gap before they don't.

I've had level 40 Tyrants pick fights with my 60 Skell for whatever reason.

I expect you to have at least hit top 30 in wrecked skells by the end of the day!

:p

Not in them mood to do skell wrecking farming yet.

Still got things to do! And plus I'll need to save up a ton of money since my lvl 20 skell has no insurance. Sure it's cheap but constantly wrecking it can add up lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
Don't wreck your skell!

(aaand on good fortun. Now to eat a nice dinner. I shouuld be done with this game tonight, after whatever downfall)

R.D.Blax

Tyrants will always notice you if you enter their sight-cone, though. Or its like a 30 level gap before they don't.

I've had level 40 Tyrants pick fights with my 60 Skell for whatever reason.

Tyrant are hardcore like that, and they respawn anyway so they don't care if they die, expect Vorkampf, doomed to be dead forever

Top Bottom