• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

lazyguy

Ok so I just finished the game and without going into spoilers of course that last chapter is what X should have been. Don't get me wrong the game is great but from a narrative standpoint it should have been like the last chapter of the game.

zroid

Banned
Lol I just did Alexa's recruitment mission, and in the process because I explored a little bit in Sylvalum (only previous time I went there was for Frye's mission), and did some of Predator and Prey, she's already level 30 by the time I'm back at the hangar.

Well, now she can have the Skell she's always wanted. Congrats.

Haunted

Blattas and other insects getting aggroed when your Skells are just walking over them officially makes them the most annoying enemies in the endgame.

Malus

Want to keep participating in the thread but afraid of spoilers :(

The problem is that everybody has their own idea of what a spoiler is. For some people only the super major plot details are spoilers while others don't even want to know about environments or sidequests.

I guess I'll just make random drive by posts.

Not much different from what I've been doing anyways lol.

Want to keep participating in the thread but afraid of spoilers :(

The problem is that everybody has their own idea of what a spoiler is. For some people only the super major plot details are spoilers while others don't even want to know about environments or sidequests.

I guess I'll just make random drive by posts.

Not much different from what I've been doing anyways lol.

I completely understand, I was actually afraid to mention party members, but some people are talking about them like it's common knowledge. I still avoid details on sidequests and put them in spoilers.

I wonder what the earliest Mia can be recruited is. I'm already partway through the Definian questline - finished Rites of Ruin before chapter 9, which is much earlier than some are saying it should unlock.

Sadist

After 90 hours I finished the story mode. Well that sure is something.

I think I'll take a little break from the game. I've enjoyed it (not as much as the original Xenoblade) but I don't want to get burned out on it. I'll return if only for the affinity quests.

Lexxism

I wonder what the earliest Mia can be recruited is. I'm already partway through the Definian questline - finished Rites of Ruin before chapter 9, which is much earlier than some are saying it should unlock.
I'm not sure but they say its after chapter 11 since you need to do the Definian quest and other chains in order to see her last mission.

zroid

Banned
How do you get affinity missions to show up on FN? Do NPCs have to tell you about them or what?

I thought they showed up there automatically when unlocked, but I guess not...

ugoo18

Is there a list of skell weapons per slot, not the super weapons just normal ones. I'm looking for a level 50 physical spare weapon but have no idea what would drop it.

Finished the story finally. Managed to beat the final bosses on first try, good thing I went in prepared with one lvl50 mech with g-buster and phoenix. The last form on foot I just spammed overdrive to win.

Loved the game, enjoyed it much more than the first. I hope the ending means they plan to make a proper sequel that continues the story.

I'm not sure but they say its after chapter 11 since you need to do the Definian quest and other chains in order to see her last mission.
It could be that the final Definian quest only unlocks after chapter 11 but the ones leading up to it can be done before that.

Ahh that explains it. So the others do show up automatically, I assume. Who are the DLC characters?

Your pard, Yelv, the Skell maniac, Alexa, Sensei Boze', and the elitest of the elites, Hector Birtwhistle (H.B) are the DLC characters. I found their missions by paying close attention to the mini-map instead.

El Odio

Banned
I don't know how the SE art book compares but the Secret File book is gorgeous. I like how an early concept for NLA had a baseball stadium, as if it needed to be an bigger than it already is.

I have troubles locating Lin during night time. Am I to assume she is hiding somewhere for a heart 2 heart? I haven't found the location yet. Or is she always gone during night time? I guess there's no need for her to stand there cooking at 3am but who knows.

zroid

Banned
Your pard, Yelv, the Skell maniac, Alexa, Sensei Boze', and the elitest of the elites, Hector Birtwhistle (H.B) are the DLC characters. I found their missions by paying close attention to the mini-map instead.

alright thanks lol. I saw Bozé's first one tucked away in such a random spot and I was wondering how anyone is supposed to find that if it's not even marked on the map. >_>

Golnei

This is a weird game where it simultaneously becomes less impressive the more you play it but also more addicting.

It's funny that this deep in (at the final mission) and I still stand by my point that this world feels incredibly small despite the size.

That sense of awe you have at the beginning of the game might not be the most sustainable thing - even without Skells and flight; familiarity would shrink the world. Flight definitely contributes the most to making it feel small; but without those shifts in perspective; I think the game would wear out its welcome even faster; even if the sense of scale was retained.

That predator and prey mission. Ewwwww. I didn't even know the
ganglion went so far as to cut up their enemies

Don't you do the same thing?

mamapon
sonnypon
dadapon
brotherpon

foodapon
patapon :3

Kind of disappointed nobody ever called Lana a bitchpon.

alright thanks lol. I saw Bozé's first one tucked away in such a random spot and I was wondering how anyone is supposed to find that if it's not even marked on the map. >_>

I just found Yelv that way earlier. Just a random unmarked affinity icon in a shady alleyway.
Though after doing Yelv and Bozé's quests.. Why would they make the DLC characters such assholes lol. I definitely did not enjoy Bozé.

-shadow-

Anyone happen to know where Elma's first Heart-to-Heart is? I found the second one in the residential district and the third one in the commercial district. But can't find the first one for some reason.

Vena

Anyone happen to know where Elma's first Heart-to-Heart is? I found the second one in the residential district and the third one in the commercial district. But can't find the first one for some reason.

Its in the industrial district near the gate at noonish (I believe that was the time).

El Odio

Banned
It's in the upper corner of the industrial district IIRC. I think it takes place during the day.

Luigi87

So... talking to the NPC Trevor about Carl...
He says something along the lines of "But before I can talk to that idiot, I need to teach him how to not get himself killed."

... Carl already died though <_<

Golnei

I just found Yelv that way earlier. Just a random unmarked affinity icon in a shady alleyway.
Though after doing Yelv and Bozé's quests.. Why would they make the DLC characters such assholes lol. I definitely did not enjoy Bozé.

This might have been an area where giving the characters more interactions with characters outside of the avatar could have helped considerably. Yelv and Elma's end-of-battle line, for example; shows a completely different dynamic, which would have been great to see further explored.

Though I agree that Boze's weeaboo space racist thing isn't the most endearing.

I'm stuck on A False Hope. Anyone know what I suppose to find for this first part. I ran all over the commercial district and haven't found it

Are galactic knight/mastermind classes pretty good/fun to play? I've been working down the Duelist path, but it seems kinda "standard" compared to what the other classes look like. I'm thinking about making a change...

Vena

On the topic of alien
Prone
companions we had previously, Slovity Pagus would have probably been the perfect NPC to turn into a team member. She'd be about as long as Mia in terms of acquiring (maybe a little shorter, since she only needs the one quest chain to be reached I think). Also has an easy human-like model for the armor to not need to be reworked.

Top Bottom