• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Kyzon

Got my Ares 90 :)

18p2JK5.jpg

I just found Yelv that way earlier. Just a random unmarked affinity icon in a shady alleyway.
Though after doing Yelv and Bozé's quests.. Why would they make the DLC characters such assholes lol. I definitely did not enjoy Bozé.

Since you say that you just found Yelv, is it fair to assume that you only recently recruited Bozé? Speaking for myself I actually liked how his first mission went and really begun to appreciate who he is with the last two missions.

Got it for Christmas and I'm 5 hours in so far, I'm loving it. One thing I haven't come to grips with is the weapon/armour stats. So I've found stuff that has a higher attack or defence stat in the main box up the top. Is that the main thing I.should look for?

Sometimes though the stats down the bottom tell a different story (they are red/lower than my current weapon/armour).

Anyone?

Golnei

On the topic of alien
Prone
companions we had previously, Slovity Pagus would have probably been the perfect NPC to turn into a team member. She'd be about as long as Mia in terms of acquiring (maybe a little shorter, since she only needs the one quest chain to be reached I think). Also has an easy human-like model for the armor to not need to be reworked.

She would have worked really well - only a Delfinian (maybe Erio) would have been easier to integrate into the current system. If they're going to do the whole 'monstrous brutish males and tiny, waifish women' thing that often with the alien species, they should have tried to take advantage of it to vary the party members a little more.

SalvaPot

Jeez you guys are throwing around recruitable characters spoilers like its nothing.

I mean, some of those are obvious, but still.

Heart to Hearts are conversations you have with party members like the first Xenoblade and are started when you talk to them instead of a symbol. They simply show off what each character often do with their days when not on a job with you and gives the player insight on their personal life. They are different from affinity missions in that they aren't quests and you can not have that character in your party. This is because Heart to Hearts take place in various locations in NLA when certain conditions are met. The character will be seen outside of there usual recruitment spot. Like how you may not see Lin in the barracks every now and then

Vena

She would have worked really well - only a Delfinian (maybe Erio) would have been easier to integrate into the current system. If they're going to do the whole 'monstrous brutish males and tiny, waifish women' thing that often with the alien species, they should have tried to take advantage of it to vary the party members a little more.

Erio would work too though lore wise I don't know who would trust the Definians, unlike the Prone. That said, only the Prone are brutish males and tiny females. The others don't even have sexes.

Are galactic knight/mastermind classes pretty good/fun to play? I've been working down the Duelist path, but it seems kinda "standard" compared to what the other classes look like. I'm thinking about making a change...
Any insight into these classes from those who've played them? Should I not even worry and just rank them all up? lol

Golnei

Erio would work too though lore wise I don't know who would trust the Definians, unlike the Prone. That said, only the Prone are brutish males and tiny females. The others don't even have sexes.

Nopon, Zaruboggan, Ma-non and Orphe have no dimorphism, but the Wrothians still tend towards that direction, and when you compare the designs of male and female Ganglion aliens, it's still pretty pervasive - look at
Goetia and Ryyz against Daghan
. Rock and Celica have the same physical discrepancy as well.

Soulflarz

Banned
Thanks all.
I'm level 55 and those level ~20 scrubs tried to fuck with me, lol.
I love that, whenever people go and act like they can take me on, or try to act my superior, and I'm just like "uh, do you not realize what I did in the ending? Also, whats my military rank, I'm surely higher than you. Go off and die please so I don't have to take out my G Buster, thanks." mentally.

edit: DEFINIAN DOWNFALL TIME YEAH BABY

Does the game want you to hide away from high level monsters? Like it's how I've been traveling around the map and that's worked I guess. I'm only asking because that's how I assume the affinity mission Spy Games has to be done.
Unless they expect me to take on level 50 odd enemies...

Any insight into these classes from those who've played them? Should I not even worry and just rank them all up? lol

When you max out a class line you can use their weapons and the arts associated with them in other classes. I'm on the Mastermind path myself and this class seems to like debuffs and ranged attacks. While Galatic Knight is about heals and balance in offense and defense. If you feel like Duelist is getting stale, just switch. Although, it might be a good idea to master the weapons first since beginning a new class means beginner arts and skills. Just remember when trying to master a class, grind enemies around your level or higher (I wish I knew that when I started).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Does the game want you to hide away from high level monsters? Like it's how I've been traveling around the map and that's worked I guess. I'm only asking because that's how I assume the affinity mission Spy Games has to be done.
Unless they expect me to take on level 50 odd enemies...

No, you're supposed to sneak around. Mira is a dangerous place, even after you get a skell.

Zafir

Hahahaha!

I went to go get revenge on that sneaky level 60 tyrant in the lake in Noctilum which rekt me near the start of the game with my Ares 90 in tow. I got absolutely wrecked, again, due to him reflecting every damage type.

Damn you! I will get my revenge soon!

Will have to get more reflect augments.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hahahaha!

I went to go get revenge on that sneaky level 60 tyrant in the lake in Noctilum which rekt me near the start of the game with my Ares 90 in tow. I got absolutely wrecked, again, due to him reflecting every damage type.

Damn you! I will get my revenge soon!

Will have to get more reflect augments.

Holy shit, thank god you posted this. I was going to go get him tonight after I got home and you saved me.

Zafir

Holy shit, thank god you posted this. I was going to go get him tonight after I got home and you saved me.

At least my death wasn't in vain then, lol.

I went and created some reflect null augments and swiftly killed it on returning. Now I'm satisfied. :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At least my death wasn't in vain then, lol.

I went and created some reflect null augments and swiftly killed it on returning. Now I'm satisfied. :p

I'm going to do the same. Still gonna get him with my lvl50 skells, I just won't have the death on my hands now.

boxter432

Phoenix fun....
Went to a prone base (can't remember which one). Unleash Phoenix. Instantly see about 10+ aggro lines attached to me.
Best is when you get cockpit view right away and can double Phoenix the world.

Vena

Gotta hunt for a Phoenix, then.

You may find this useful in general: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...m/psa_indigen_and_xeno_resistance_compendium/

It details all the weaknesses of the classes. Or broken down:

Theroids:
  • Physical: 0
  • Beam: 0
  • Ether: -25
  • Thermal: -50
  • Electric: 0
  • Grav: 0
Insectoids:
  • Physical: +20 <> +45
  • Thermal: -25
Piscinoids:
  • Thermal: 0
  • Electric: -50
  • Grav: -25
Humanoids:
  • Beam: -25
  • Ether: 10
  • Thermal: 0

Joker. Giant flower at the tip of Noctilum, go to the top of the flower thing and inside is a very weak level 90 Tyrant bug. Bring thermal damage.

Also useful for class xp. I think clearing Joker and his buddies gives about 250 each time. You can fully upgrade a final tier class in 6 runs

Top Bottom