• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh, just realized Arts are tied to the weapons instead of class. Shoulda read the manual +1

And when you Master a class (Rank 10) you can equip weapons of that class even if you are currently in another, meaning you can mix arts of two classes together, which gives us the immensely broken mix of Dual Guns + Longsword builds.

zroid

Banned
I am not a fan, at all, of all these prereqs to start chapters. Been playing an hour tonight just exploring a place to 20% to do mission 6. Damn annoying.

Survey rate should definitely be the least of your problems IMO when you're progressing the story. Honestly exploring Mira is the core of the game, you need to be doing that regardless, it's important!

-Horizon-

Whoa, I just realized about what may have happened.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
At army pizza, with what the guy and the worker girl specifically talks about and how they act, did
the guy's wife commit suicide? I haven't seen her character during the day or night either.
D:

Survey rate should definitely be the least of your problems IMO when you're progressing the story. Honestly exploring Mira is the core of the game, you need to be doing that regardless, it's important!
I agree, but I love to explore naturally while on a chapter or mission. This method of making me do it unnaturally I'm not liking. I'm just running around slapping down probe to probe :(

zroid

Banned
I agree, but I love to explore naturally while on a chapter or mission. This method of making me do it unnaturally I'm not liking. I'm just running around slapping down probe to probe :(

also remember that probes is not the only way to increase survey rate -- you need to kill tyrants, collect treasure, and complete affinity and normal missions. lots of stuff that needs doing.

Ugh. I wish I could remove that flashing "Offline" from the top left corner. Theres nothing for it in the UI options.

And it even displays during cutscenes? Gimme a break.

Haunted

I was obsessively micromanaging my characters gear, but at around 30 hours in I said fuck it and just went with the "equip strongest gear" option.

Now that I'm in the post game when augments are important, it's back to manually managing it again.

LOL.
Fuck those guys
:lol

That was a good mission.

Whoa, I just realized about what may have happened.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
At army pizza, with what the guy and the worker girl specifically talks about and how they act, did
the guy's wife commit suicide? I haven't seen her character during the day or night either.
D:

Well, I don't know about that for sure. But it sounds to me like you're ready for another mission. You know those two buildings in the north east of the Commercial District? Try walking between them, if anything happens let me know.

Omzz

also remember that probes is not the only way to increase survey rate -- you need to kill tyrants, collect treasure, and complete affinity and normal missions. lots of stuff that needs doing.
I remember when I started off and I was like yay I killed a bunch of tyrants so my survey rate should go up. I look at the gamepad it's still the same

Little did I know I needed the segment recon to actually get a complete :|

cant find him
what class?
edit: NTR had a lot on them
bless you NTR, you can NTR me any day.

image.php

ugoo18

That moment when you realize just how much time you'll need to spend upgrading each skell weapon and part in addition to farming the materials needed if i don't have it as well as adding the augment slots as well as making the augments an farming their materials also......

https://youtu.be/3NMGsRmZTFQ?t=13

T-T It'll all be worth it when my skell is done then never again.

XenoGaf please help me lol, how are you all farming the Final Menace for tickets. I think i might have to go for that 9999 ticket count to tackle this mountain of a task i've set myself.

Gotten 100% Ether Neg.Reflect and some cooldown on my Aghasura on my Ares90. Now I don't have to worry about it backfiring against anything.

Die you Xe-dom trap in noctilum!

Do I need to put neg.reflect on all weapons? or just one weapon augment affects all the weapons that have that type?

jonjonaug

Gotten 100% Ether Neg.Reflect and some cooldown on my Aghasura on my Ares90. Now I don't have to worry about it backfiring against anything.

Die you Xe-dom trap in noctilum!

Do I need to put neg.reflect on all weapons? or just one weapon augment affects all the weapons that have that type?

Any augments with "Custom" in front of the name will only affect the weapon you have it equipped on. Everything else should affect the entire loadout. So you can put things like anti-reflect, stat change augments, or enemy exploit augments on any weapon. But the "Weapon Attack" or cooldown augments will only affect the weapon they're attached to.

I figured this would be the best place to ask: how do you play multiplayer missions with friends? I have a few friends that want to play the game with me but we have no idea how.

Voliko

I do wonder how many quest-chains actually result in a positive outcome.
I can only come up with a few, many more with negatives.
I'd like to know how many townspeople the MC has had a hand in killing
looking at some of the secret file images, as usual Tanaka's designs look amazing in their original format.
Nice, I need to check those out. Felt like it had been forever since there was new Tanaka designs/art before XCX came about. It was garbage that they didn't have any 2D character art on the game's website...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can't FT during a boss fight ya know. Still beat it, even though the game wouldn't let me exit my skell for like...45 seconds beforehand. Such BS.

I had it happen to me and I freaked out, but looking back it felt pretty cool. Gotta fight blind against a space-cat samurai, how many games let you say you did that?

KingBroly

Banned
I'm not too keen on the game making me grind 20 levels between
Chapters 8 and 10.
It's too excessive and is really making me want to stop playing.

Top Bottom