• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

looking at some of the secret file images, as usual Tanaka's designs look amazing in their original format.

You mean the pencil sketches of the characters?

I thought those looked really good. I think the characters would have looked better with those proportions versus what we got. I suppose anything will look a little strange though in-game when there's only minimal facial animation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not too keen on the game making me grind 20 levels between
Chapters 8 and 10.
It's too excessive and is really making me want to stop playing.

There are a lot of normal and affinity quests to do inbetween, normal quests especially. Like 30 different chains open up in that time frame, you shouldn't have much trouble if you do them.

-Horizon-

Leroy, brah, follow your heart.
if you want a prone waifu, go for it

Honestly, based on first impressions,
the tree clan prone are ok in my books

Well, I don't know about that for sure. But it sounds to me like you're ready for another mission. You know those two buildings in the north east of the Commercial District? Try walking between them, if anything happens let me know.

Are you talking about the business/company buildings? Nothing happened. I haven't started chapter 8 so whatever it is might not happen yet? :/

And I usually take a trek around NLA after every story and significant side mission.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Also, if it's 20, you can do that in 1.5hr
find a thing 15lvl higher that isn't powerful. Scaling will give you like 4000 exp a kill.

At the point he's at, in the time frame he's talking about, it really isn't hard at all. Just jump in that normal quest hole and don't come out until you run out and there you are.

anaron

You mean the pencil sketches of the characters?

I thought those looked really good. I think the characters would have looked better with those proportions versus what we got. I suppose anything will look a little strange though in-game when there's only minimal facial animation.

yeah the sketches

They should really go for a cell shaded look next time. While I have no problem with X's in-game faces outside of Lin, it would translate his style much better.

KingBroly

Banned
20...? How? What?

I had to go from lv.25 to 45 from the end of Chapter 8 to the end of Chapter 10. Chapter 9's boss was a BIG spike
It's such a big spike they even ask you if you want to lower the difficulty a bit if you die on it twice. But they tell you 'lol, better start grinding' afterwards.

Vena

I had to go from lv.25 to 45 from the end of Chapter 8 to the end of Chapter 10. Chapter 9's boss was a BIG spike
It's such a big spike they even ask you if you want to lower the difficulty a bit if you die on it twice. But they tell you 'lol, better start grinding' afterwards.

That's a normal mechanic of the game. If you die against stuff enough, the game nerfs it for you.

Also Frame-30s for your tea,, should make leveling and everything short of chapter 12 fairly straightforward regardless of level.

-Horizon-

I haven't even started chapter 8 and I'm already level 37. Guess I'm good to go lol.

Zafir

Would you say frame level 50s are necessary for the last chapter?

You could probably do without, it's not really the fights that are the hard part I'd say. It's more that it's a bit of an endurance run, since you don't have time to recover.

zroid

Banned
So what is the best method to grinding levels in this game?

it depends where you are but generally speaking killing shit way higher level than you is the way

for example when you get your Lv30 skells you'll pretty much immediately be able to take on a bunch of enemies in the 40s, and that will quickly boost your level.

Golnei

yeah the sketches

They should really go for a cell shaded look next time. While I have no problem with X's in-game faces outside of Lin, it would translate his style much better.

It'd help, (even a style of rendering closer to #FE could achieve that effect while not actually being cel-shaded) but I kind of prefer the current shaders for the world, enemies and even the clothing - Elma's outfit would be a lot less striking in that sort of style, for example. I wonder how cel-shaded skin and quasi-realistic lighting for everything else would be received.

Speaking of Milsaadi, I was doing a mission where I got ambushed by a dozen Milsaadi and I had to hold out for 3 minutes as they kept respawning. These dudes are tough man and they kept destroying my Skells.

Leroy, brah, follow your heart.
if you want a prone waifu, go for it

Honestly, based on first impressions,
the tree clan prone are ok in my books

Are you talking about the business/company buildings? Nothing happened. I haven't started chapter 8 so whatever it is might not happen yet? :/

And I usually take a trek around NLA after every story and significant side mission.

Well, I got the mission after I received the flight module. Although it was by complete accident.

Zafir

So what is the best method to grinding levels in this game?
Once you've got the Level 30 Skell, you should just aim for killing mobs that are higher than you. Some of the 30 skells come with a reaper weapon which can do insane single target damage. You could also try and grind for a G-Buster in Sylvalum.

Once I got another party member a level 30 Skell with a reaper, we could kill the level 55 skells around Oblivia's FN322 really quickly one at a time which I found a great way to boost lower level characters.

Oh, and if you've spare money, the Blade gear you can buy from the terminal gives an experience bonus.

Vena

This quest is something else... lol.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cdork.jpg

I too support the Manon in all pizza-based economy!

Speaking of Milsaadi, I was doing a mission where I got ambushed by a dozen Milsaadi and I had to hold out for 3 minutes as they kept respawning. These dudes are tough man and they kept destroying my Skells.

They specialize in melee attacks. So I thought that maybe I can just fly as high as possible to avoid them you know, since my melee arts can't reach flying enemies. Let me tell you; it actually WORKS.

Zafir

Yeah. I had to abuse the hell out of Ghostwalk to get through that, lol.

They specialize in melee attacks. So I thought that maybe I can just fly as high as possible to avoid them you know, since my melee arts can't reach flying enemies. Let me tell you; it actually WORKS.

Oh seriously? I got really cocky since I was one shotting them with my arts but I started spamming them and had to wait a decent amount of time for them to cool down and thats when I got smashed.

Also Celica and Lin ran out of fuel so that sucked too lol

Yeah. I had to abuse the hell out of Ghostwalk to get through that, lol.

I should try this mission again without Skells. Take advantage of Ghostwalk and Shield Wall.

-Horizon-

Two are red glowing items on the ground in that cave. One is dropped from killing random guys in the cave.

Just make sure you haven't been relying too much on your Skell. :p
I think I've only ever used mechs to get me to hard to reach places, dish out revenge on certain indigens, and when I have to grind item drops and am too lazy to do it on foot.

Well, I got the mission after I received the flight module. Although it was by complete accident.
Getting the flight stuff is like after chapter 9 right? I'll see if I can get to that point this week and I'll go back to check out the buildings then.

Kyzon

I'm not too keen on the game making me grind 20 levels between
Chapters 8 and 10.
It's too excessive and is really making me want to stop playing.

Use your level 30 skell to kill stuff you have no idea looking at. The puges and pugelists by the leaning ring in oblivia should do fine.

Or hit up some affinity missions. :)

El Odio

Banned
Easy places to grind once you get a level 30 skell for me were the island north of Primordia or the prone base in southeast Oblivia. Even just walking all over the small enemies there gives a decent chunk of exp till you can start taking on their own skells.

anaron

It'd help, (even a style of rendering closer to #FE could achieve that effect while not actually being cel-shaded) but I kind of prefer the current shaders for the world, enemies and even the clothing - Elma's outfit would be a lot less striking in that sort of style, for example. I wonder how cel-shaded skin and quasi-realistic lighting for everything else would be received.

Elma's design is easily one of the best in VG. woman of colour, incredibly detailed, distinctly unique blend of armor and clothing, fantastic colour scheme and zero objectification.

Okay, so I'm starting to get a handle on how the direct multiplayer works but one thing I've seen mentioned but not directly addressed is: how do I bring NPC party members into the multiplayer? I don't mean a full team of NPCs, but mixing them with live players, I've referenced the manual but did not see this covered.

Bumping my question. Is this possible to do?

Bumping my question. Is this possible to do?

You can do one or the other, but not both. That said with a good set up and team members it's totally possible to do well against either nemesis with just three people. I remember getting over 100 rp(might've even been over 200) off of one before with a three person effort

Soulflarz

Banned
Okay trying again with 17,500 HP. Loool

Hu-whaaaa?! Can't say I saw that end of Chapter 5 twist coming...

some sidequests completely spoil it. I had someone say
"I finished all necessary repairs" regarding an injured squadmate
and it instantly confirmed my suspicions.

some sidequests completely spoil it. I had someone say
"I finished all necessary repairs" regarding an injured squadmate
and it instantly confirmed my suspicions.

I had
the mechanical Off the Record show up before chapter 5, which asks you to "show off the full power of a mimeosome" or something like that.

Not hard to figure out the likely etymology of "mimeosome." :/

Top Bottom