• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Okay trying again with 17,500 HP. Loool

some sidequests completely spoil it. I had someone say
"I finished all necessary repairs" regarding an injured squadmate
and it instantly confirmed my suspicions.

Luckily I did almost no sidequests before ch5 so it was a pleasant surprise.

Elma's design is easily one of the best in VG. woman of colour, incredibly detailed, distinctly unique blend of armor and clothing, fantastic colour scheme and zero objectification.

Yup. I love her design and armor. Her concept art is pretty sweet too. Need to find a nice image to make an avatar out of.

Speaking of concept art, I just noticed that the artbook that came in the LE spoils the Millesaur. Good thing I just skimmed through it and didnt bother reading the text blurbs lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
Luckily I did almost no sidequests before ch5 so it was a pleasant surprise.

Well
Full admittance
I'd been following the theory since the second trailer
so
when everyone who is in the know on plot doesn't instantly deconfirm it at JPN launch, it's the same thing as a confirm

Laughing at
rexwhatever
since I'm hitting 100k in 2 seconds

I'm a solo tank, almost 20k HP and dishing out that much. jeez.

edit:
oh
15% hp
did a thing that made it temp invincible, killed my whole team except me, killed me almost on invincibility
LOVELY

Vena

At long last... the ultimate fate of Tatsu:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019wjtf.jpg

rhandino

Banned
OMG! There is a follow up to The Miracle Water sidequest... Im expecting a lot of this:

So8Ws4W.gif

8Q0EyZP.gif

But is in Cauldros and rn I have my hands full of mess in Sylvalum, and speaking of Sylvalum I hate those giants robots roaming all over the place... let me explore T_T

So, I just finished Chapter 6.
That big damn bird Bahamut thing coming from sky and wrecking the beasts was pretty dope. At first it was cool. Then it dragged on a little long as he wrecked 'em and I was like "OK. Let's wrap it up." Then it went more, and somehow become even better. Like watching a messed up snuff film as he gobbled the last one.
Good stuff!

I'm not dying to buy anything I don't have money for, but just to see if I can make it work I got my controller setup with a fan downstairs at moment generating me some revenue and such. We'll see how this goes.

There're two quests you've got to take that are requested by a guy named Yardley, and completing the second mission is what gives you access to re-editing your avatar's appearance.
Thank ya! :)

Jesus Christ I'm 70 hours into this nonsense with another 60 or so to go at this rate...

Send help.
I feel you, and I'm not even that far in. I keep thinking about my huge backlog, and that I could finish 2-to-infinity more games in the time it is going to take to complete Xenoblade. I'm not in love with this game....yet I can't put it down. Is this what meth is like?

Okay trying again with 17,500 HP. Loool

some sidequests completely spoil it. I had someone say
"I finished all necessary repairs" regarding an injured squadmate
and it instantly confirmed my suspicions.

Elma's affinity mission. I did it after playing Chapter 4, but I overlooked that dialogue.

OMG! There is a follow up to The Miracle Water sidequest... Im expecting a lot of this:

So8Ws4W.gif

8Q0EyZP.gif

But is in Cauldros and rn I have my hands full of mess in Sylvalum, and speaking of Sylvalum I hate those giants robots roaming all over the place... let me explore T_T

Oh dude. You gotta play that one.

Griss

Chapter 6 was interesting. It's like they suddenly got a budget for proper cutscenes and stuff. And said 'let's blow it on a
fuck huge dragon ripping the shit out of a bunch of purple zombie wolf monsters!
Cool, though. The mission itself was also short, well paced and fun, which is a rarity.

The overall story is a complete disaster, though. Just... so bad. I've taken to doing something I've never done before in a game, and that's skipping dialogue scenes when they start to drag. At least you have the option.

Of course, after Chapter 6 I decided to explore the east of Obilvia for the first time, and it was two absolutely glorious hours of orgasm-enducing eye-candy. To say the experience is uneven is putting it lightly.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Laughing at the very noticeable difficulty spike in Chapter 5. Even having done sidequests, I'm level 19 facing off against level 30 enemies. The sidequests required to get to Chapter 5 was like a level 16 quest if I remember correctly. Is this a notorious troll section of the game? Don't tell me I have to grind levels. Please.

Chapter 6 was interesting. It's like they suddenly got a budget for proper cutscenes and stuff. And said 'let's blow it on a
fuck huge dragon ripping the shit out of a bunch of purple zombie wolf monsters!
Cool, though. The mission itself was also short, well paced and fun, which is a rarity.

The overall story is a complete disaster, though. Just... so bad. I've taken to doing something I've never done before in a game, and that's skipping dialogue scenes when they start to drag. At least you have the option.

Of course, after Chapter 6 I decided to explore the east of Obilvia for the first time, and it was two absolutely glorious hours of orgasm-enducing eye-candy. To say the experience is uneven is putting it lightly.
I just finished Chapter 6 myself and maybe I'm being way too lenient, but my conclusion is that Xenoblade doesn't suffer from bad plot/story...kind of. I mean, it isn't great. But I feel like the story is good. It's interesting, and piqued my curiosity. However, when you compare the main story to all the side shit you can do, suddenly it feels nonexistent. I don't know how developers can overcome this, but somehow they have to find a way to have all this extra, awesome stuff without it overshadowing the main plot.

Laughing at the very noticeable difficulty spike in Chapter 5. Even having done sidequests, I'm level 19 facing off against level 30 enemies. The sidequests required to get to Chapter 5 was like a level 16 quest if I remember correctly. Is this a notorious troll section of the game? Don't tell me I have to grind levels. Please.
Just run away from that shit. I was about your same level and beat the section fine, but anything level 30 like that I ran away from. It wasn't always easy, and was definitely annoying. But heck...I just finished Chapter 6, and none of the plot bosses it threw at me were even 30 yet.

jonjonaug

I had
the mechanical Off the Record show up before chapter 5, which asks you to "show off the full power of a mimeosome" or something like that.

Not hard to figure out the likely etymology of "mimeosome." :/

Or you could have just
looked at the sign above the hospital and realize it says "maintenance center"

I just avoided them as best I could. Just finished Ch.5 at 18.

Nah the stuff you need to kill is your level, you're meant to sneak around the higher levelled enemies.

Golnei

Elma's design is easily one of the best in VG. woman of colour, incredibly detailed, distinctly unique blend of armor and clothing, fantastic colour scheme and zero objectification.

I'm hesitant to group her as a 'woman of colour' when she's portrayed as a generic brown anime girl with no specific background; but I do love the outfit. The combination of flowing fabric and armour; the way it's intricate and elegant without being overdesigned - it's probably my favourite costume design in the game; it's striking and cohesive in a way that nobody else's default is, with the partial exception of Ga Jiarg.

A shame the male version of the set is so ugly - it and the Corpus set are so much better on female characters. Since they were trying to conserve budget, I can't help but think making so many armour sets heavily dimorphic was a waste of resources...

I never hit a snag level wise doing story quests, but I also probably spent a good 20 hours on side stuff on between...

9 was a bit rough because I wasn't really paying attention to gear, but Elma finished the job

Vena

Extreme post-game spoilers do not click otherwise:

Sooo pretty though, especially with the Hibiscus and gear she wears (her late game recolor of her default suit).

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01f1sni.jpg
wiiu_screenshot_tv_010hsw7.jpg

Soulflarz

Banned
Extreme post-game spoilers do not click otherwise:

Sooo pretty though, especially with the Hibiscus and gear she wears (her late game recolor of her default suit).

And this here is why I can't take pictures ;_;

fear of accidental spoils

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Shit. I took an affinity quest called The Repair Job for Lin and it seems like the second part I'm on will be pretty time consuming, while blocking me from progressing the story. Game pls. ;_;

You can do one or the other, but not both. That said with a good set up and team members it's totally possible to do well against either nemesis with just three people. I remember getting over 100 rp(might've even been over 200) off of one before with a three person effort

Drat, I read in a FAQ that you could mix. Well, that would have been nice.

skypunch

Banned
Man, the Orphean race has slowly become my favourite race in the game. I did some awesome missions from them that delved a bit into their race & culture.

I now have red-skinned (scaled?) Orpheans in NLA because their parents had extensive interaction with humans. These red Orpheans are known as "betaforms" & feel emotion like humans do, but they're still having trouble understanding the emotions they feel. I just love the fact that you actually get to experience the Orphean race evolve!

I love this game.

zroid

Banned
Shit. I took an affinity quest called The Repair Job for Lin and it seems like the second part I'm on will be pretty time consuming, while blocking me from progressing the story. Game pls. ;_;
We need to put up a warning for this quest :(

also save before accepting affinity missions, for your own sake. most of them won't have roadblocks but there's a few.

like it really isn't hard to get white cometites, but the game kinda assumes that you've been dropping mining probes on precious resource spots already. seems like most people haven't.

El Odio

Banned
Man, the Orphean race has slowly become my favourite race in the game. I did some awesome missions from them that delved a bit into their race & culture.

I love this game.
I love that thinking animation of theirs where they kind of bend over and fiddle wigh one of their antennas. That and the Ma-non dance in front of the pizza joint are some of my favorite idle animations.

skypunch

Banned
I love that thinking animation of theirs where they kind of bend over and fiddle wigh one of their antennas. That and the Ma-non dance in front of the pizza joint are some of my favorite idle animations.

Haha, yeah, I love that animation of theirs too!

boss spoilers for downfall quest chain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mQa9icfShw
CLEARLY IM DOING THIS WRONG

Is that the sword blossom art thing?

I now have red-skinned (scaled?) Orpheans in NLA because their parents had extensive interaction with humans. These red Orpheans are known as "betaforms" & feel emotion like humans do, but they're still having trouble understanding the emotions they feel. I just love the fact that you actually get to experience the Orphean race evolve!

I love this game.

I still havent run into any of their missions yet accept for the very first one. Where are they normally?

skypunch

Banned
I still havent run into any of their missions yet accept for the very first one. Where are they normally?

I found this one inside the Ma-Non ship. There was also another one near Ishmael Hills in the Residential District which was really, really good & involved a female Prone.

Golnei

The antenna-twirling is adorable. If they stick with this universe for their next game, one of the party members has to be an Orphean.

I just had them show up on the mission board, but I think they're mainly on the Ma-non ship. By the first mission, do you just mean the one that introduces them?

So I am in the middle of an emotional breakdown after being done with chapter 11.

This is what happens when you don't elect Bernie Sanders, America. You blew it!

I don't blame Lao, I would have done the same. White and wealthy privilege gone terribly wrong

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Going through the motions and do an affinity quest

two level 80 sphinxs lmao

beat them with 1 lvl 30 skell and 1 lvl 50 skell

i promise you don't need to grind shit in this game lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
We need to put up a warning for this quest :(

also save before accepting affinity missions, for your own sake. most of them won't have roadblocks but there's a few.

like it really isn't hard to get white cometites, but the game kinda assumes that you've been dropping mining probes on precious resource spots already. seems like most people haven't.

I actually have ~10 probes or so set around and had 2/5 of the white cometites already but AFAIK I'm just waiting around until the rest come to me from it?

I also haven't been to Oblivia(actually I had no idea I could leave Primordia) so I have to do that atleast. But I'll keep it in mind to save more before this stuff, this is only the second one I've done, lol.

Soulflarz

Banned

I got rekt by them with a bad setup at first, but yeah

think SMT guys, setup matters a ton.

I found this one inside the Ma-Non ship. There was also another one near Ishmael Hills in the Residential District which was really, really good & involved a female Prone.

Oh interesting. I'm also looking for the Prone missions as well but I havent found them. I rarely ever go into the Manon ship and if I do its the same one or two spots required for some missions. I'll go explore, thanks!

I just had them show up on the mission board, but I think they're mainly on the Ma-non ship. By the first mission, do you just mean the one that introduces them?

Ah I see. I'll keep refreshing the board as well, maybe something will come up. Yup I meant the mission where they were introduced and they sent a distress call. They seemed like dicks to me so I'm interested in seeing how they develop.

Man I wish I was able to grasp the combat as well as you. I grinded for 6 levels, upgraded my weapons, added proper augments and I'm gonna attempt to beat the Rexoskell again. Its just out of sheer laziness really but I think its far too late for me since I'm at chapter 12 and 120 hours in.

Offensive Stance + Blossom Dance
it turns everything to butter.

Should have done Nagis affinity mission before clicking on Chapter 12 and saving like an idiot :x

Soulflarz

Banned
12 can be done without it
I'd recommend never using it
It's past the point of strategy and just a win button.
Ares 90? No, why waste the time, blossom dance does more quicker :V

Golnei

So I am in the middle of an emotional breakdown after being done with chapter 11.

This is what happens when you don't elect Bernie Sanders, America. You blew it!

I don't blame Lao, I would have done the same. White and wealthy privilege gone terribly wrong

I'm just about to do that chapter -
maybe I shouldn't have read the spoiler, but I'm glad Lao sounds like he's continuing to be the best character. Did you do his final heart-to-heart?

Seik

Banned
Played a lot of hours today...at least ten.

Didn't progress a bit, story wise, still stuck at the boss of Chapter 9. I did a lot of side missions and found tons of field treasures tough.

I wanted at least a day like that during my vacations...having another one tomorrow. :3

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lpo54.jpg

So are the
Definians
the second biggest villains in this game? I feel like every other normal mission involves them one way or the other.

12 can be done without it
I'd recommend never using it
It's past the point of strategy and just a win button.
Ares 90? No, why waste the time, blossom dance does more quicker :V

I think I've been prepared for 12 for the last 20 hours or so. I just wanted to finish up Mia's quests first and then recruit her. Little did I know how fucking complex that chain was gonna be. One thing led to another, completed a few dozen missions and then got sidetracked and here I am flying from NLA to Cauldros because I like the scenery.

Golnei

So are the
Definians
the second biggest villains in this game? I feel like every other normal mission involves them one way or the other.

They do tend to show up a lot, but they're very easy to fit into a range of scenarios due to their whole
shapeshifting thing.
I'm interested to see where the
Fortun
subplot goes -
she's what I wanted the Delfinians to look like in the first place, completely alien and nonhuman.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Oh interesting. I'm also looking for the Prone missions as well but I havent found them. I rarely ever go into the Manon ship and if I do its the same one or two spots required for some missions. I'll go explore, thanks!

Ah I see. I'll keep refreshing the board as well, maybe something will come up. Yup I meant the mission where they were introduced and they sent a distress call. They seemed like dicks to me so I'm interested in seeing how they develop.

Man I wish I was able to grasp the combat as well as you. I grinded for 6 levels, upgraded my weapons, added proper augments and I'm gonna attempt to beat the Rexoskell again. Its just out of sheer laziness really but I think its far too late for me since I'm at chapter 12 and 120 hours in.

Should have done Nagis affinity mission before clicking on Chapter 12 and saving like an idiot :x
Whatever you can't swing with, you need to burst down. Pretty much the rules of the game after chapter 8. Chapter 9 is a SMT check. If you've been going through the motions til then... the game will let you know real quick lol (also lin is a shitty tank)

Skell weapons you just really gotta experiment with. Outside of the Superweapons you can pick up, there are a LOT of really useful weapons out there that compliment easy to find setups well.

This lvl 50 Lailah I got has a B2-Gatling that pretty much mopped up everything in the game after I specced for range acc/atk, beam damage, and cooldown. Cheap and ez - Especially with the Lailah's overdrive that pretty much lets you cheese cockpit time.

Top Bottom