• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Soulflarz

Banned
Listening to Reyn Quotes
WHY ISN'T HE IN THIS
"Shulk and Fiora sitting in a tree!"
"REYN TIME BABY!"
"Uh, do what you thinks best!"
"MAN, WHAT A BUNCHA JOKAHS"
"Lets not lose our heads though!"
"Give it some oomfh!"
"Man am I good, or am I good?"
"Sharla, did you see what I did? Did you??"

All of his lines are wonderful ;-;

BlackJace

Also, the beamsaber boost against mechanoids is a huge understatement, almost of the point of OPness.

I'm straight trashing some of these Puges.

Played a lot of hours today...at least ten.

Didn't progress a bit, story wise, still stuck at the boss of Chapter 9. I did a lot of side missions and found tons of field treasures tough.

I wanted at least a day like that during my vacations...having another one tomorrow. :3

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lpo54.jpg
Hng....

Tomorrow, my friends. Tomorrow I get my first Skell.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Also, the beamsaber boost against mechanoids is a huge understatement, almost of the point of OPness.

I'm straight trashing some of these Puges.

It's not just beamsaber, it's beam weapons in general. If you think beamsabers hit hard try the back beam sword, oh lawd does it hit hard.

Haunted

Listening to Reyn Quotes
WHY ISN'T HE IN THIS
"REYN TIME BABY!"
"Give it some oomfh!"

tumblr_lr3pbjJTgQ1qa748ko1_500.png

Haunted

I like the quests where Wrothians challenge me to honourable one-on-one martial arts duels and I just enter my four Skells and fucking wreck them.

Just hit 50% overall completion and I shall be doing chapter 12 tonight
which is I believe is the final story mission?

Not sure if I'll go all the way to 100%, but I want to do all the affinity missions at the very least.
Problem is, only Elma and Lin are maxed out, then I have Irina, Gwin, Doug and Celica all around 4 hearts, with every other character almost untouched.
I have a lot of grinding ahead of me :\

This game needs the gifting system that the first had...

Haunted

Just hit 50% overall completion and I shall be doing chapter 12 tonight
which is I believe is the final story mission?

Not sure if I'll go all the way to 100%, but I want to do all the affinity missions at the very least.
Problem is, only Elma and Lin are maxed out, then I have Irina, Gwin, Doug and Celica all around 4 hearts, with every other character almost untouched.
I have a lot of grinding ahead of me :\

This game needs the gifting system that the first had...
After you beat the main story, there are special support missions at the network console which let you choose which late game currency you want to boost fairly quickly. Affinity is one of those. I assume they realised at some point that their system was kinda shit and too grindy and at least put a bandaid like that in there to make the post game less annoying. You'll be fine!

I'm just about to do that chapter -
maybe I shouldn't have read the spoiler, but I'm glad Lao sounds like he's continuing to be the best character. Did you do his final heart-to-heart?

Nope. And now I regret it. I was expecting him to
to into the Dickson route
so I lost interest in his character. Oh boy was I wrong about that!

He is great.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
After you beat the main story, there are special support missions at the network console which let you choose which late game currency you want to boost fairly quickly. Affinity is one of those. I assume they realised at some point that their system was kinda shit and too grindy and at least put a bandaid like that in there to make the post game less annoying. You'll be fine!

I wish they had buffed affinity gains instead, and put in level scaling.

Fandangox

Listening to Reyn Quotes
WHY ISN'T HE IN THIS
"REYN TIME BABY!"
"Give it some oomfh!"

Don't forget his masterpiece:

"When the going gets going, the tough gets tough"

Good to hear, I'd rather they had just like, cut the 'xp' needed per heart in half or something instead though.

Listening to Reyn Quotes
WHY ISN'T HE IN THIS
"REYN TIME BABY!"
"Give it some oomfh!"

Y'know, I think the biggest downgrade from the original isn't the music, or the story, or anything like that, it's the party banter.
The hilarious shit they'd say to each other with their british accents gave the game so much charm.

Or maybe the banter is still good and it's just that I can't hear it over the music. Either way.

Good to hear, I'd rather they had just like, cut the 'xp' needed per heart in half or something instead though.

Y'know, I think the biggest downgrade from the original isn't the music, or the story, or anything like that, it's the party banter.
The hilarious shit they'd say to each other with their british accents gave the game so much charm.

Or maybe the banter is still good and it's just that I can't hear it over the music. Either way.

The interaction between characters and the characters themselves are a big downgrade.

I fume everytime there's a story mission cutscene and H.B., my four main, is just there looking stupid.

Even Chrono Cross wasn't this bad at inserting an overwhelming cast into the main story-line.

Its definitely still there and pretty good, though hard to hear over the music at times.

Omzz

Ok I'm doing something wrong for the final boss

what should I be doing when he gets invincible?

Edit: nvrm i figured it out. Thought it was that lol

Golnei

The difference in the writing and performances is part of it, but I think the larger cast making character-specific lines difficult had an effect as well. We couldn't get anything like WHOOOOA CHECK OUT MELIA or SHARPSHOOTER SHARLAH, for example; though there are still some good generic lines for Soul Voices, and a few characters have memorable battle dialogue. At least there are still a couple of good post-battle conversations.

The interaction between characters and the characters themselves are a big downgrade.

I fume everytime there's a story mission cutscene and H.B., my four main, is just there looking stupid.

Even Chrono Cross wasn't this bad at inserting an overwhelming cast into the main story-line.

It's not great - despite liking the cast themselves, they suffer a lot from not being able to interact with each other and not even getting generic lines in missions they're not required for. If they continue with a large playable cast in the next game, I really hope they can figure out a solution that doesn't fall outside their budget.

jgwhiteus

Ok I'm doing something wrong for the final boss

what should I be doing when he gets invincible?

Some defensive orbs have popped up in the middle platform of the room that you need to take down... I don't know if you have to target specific ones, I just started going after them randomly and I think the fight ended shortly after.

Blues1990

Are the Skell's "Super Weapons" worth investing? The Gravity Sword looks sweet, and that big-ass drill looks like something Simon (from Gurren Lagann) would use.

BY2K

Membero Americo
3 party members x 5 piece of equipment with Treasure Sensor VI + Killing Purges = Literally raining Phoenix and G-Buster.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So my character is at level 50 but they still can't equip level 50 skell gear?

Also any tips on the final boss? It gets especially annoying when he enacts his invincibility cloak.

Soulflarz

Banned

No
This banter has NOTHING on XBC
I miss it so so much. That team was just so endearing...

I was going to link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrdRaiCUug

but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6nc4HqlyJ8

wat

klee123

I absolutely hate the Nopons in this game. They're all greedy fucks, wish there was an option to abandon Tatsu when you first meet him, so they can all get eaten lol.

klee123

Koko is free of sin.

The fanfic writes itself. But I'm not sure whether it'd be better to ship her with Meyneth or SHODAN.

Yeah, she's probably the only tolerable Nopon so far.

On note, I just unlocked flight mode for Skells.......Feels sooo good!

El Odio

Banned
Koko is free of sin.

The fanfic writes itself. But I'm not sure whether it'd be better to ship her with Meyneth or SHODAN.
Speaking of fanfic will we ever find out what the hell a skell fanfic consists of? It's been my main motivation for playing through the damn game since Lin mentioned it 30mins in!
Not really.

Golnei

Speaking of fanfic will we ever find out what the hell a skell fanfic consists of? It's been my main motivation for playing through the damn game since Lin mentioned it 30mins in!
Not really.

Going by the moeblob Skell icons you can unlock for your barracks, it'd probably just be your run-of-the-mill slash fiction, with Skell-themed robot girls.

correojon

To be honest I´m not understanding what all the fuzz about affinity grinding is about...I am doing all available affinity missions and have no problems getting the required characters to 2 hearts, with some normal missions and some exploring they reach them before I start to worry about it. Maybe it´s just the way I play the game, constantly doing missions and such...BTW, I love those social interactions where you have to choose an answer and some of them will boost affinity with some characters, it´s a very clever way to get to know the characters and make you think like them. They´re like minigames to me.

This game has some truly dark moments...yesterday Doug
killed some baby Grexes after we had killed the mother
in a very tense scene masterfully done. I understood why he had to do it and still realy like the guy, he seems goofy and easy going but when shit becomes real he´s up to the task and comes off as someone you can rely on. reminds me a bit of uncle Dante (DMC4).
Another crude moment was the quest
to save some gals from the Prones in a cave in Sylvalum. I found one and she explained with detail how the prones tore her friend to pieces and how she continued screaming while they were doing so
. Wow.

Elma´s scenes with Ga´Jiar are awesome, it´s like constant exchanges with a background message of "we know we both are the coolest in the universe". When I grow up I want to be like her.

Ahhhh fuck you Rexoskell. After the 10th try I finally got it. Second phase was easy with my lvl. 50 skell.

MVP of phase 1 goes to that duelist art that gives your TP points to your party members. That helped others to revive Lin twice. I was down to like 500hp at one point and I started to sweat. Whew.

MIA IM COMING FOR YOU GIRL

CHIEF IS COMIN

Soulflarz

Banned
I might be done with the game
I finished whatever downwell
I can get blossom dance and like
utterly break the game

Someone quick what side quests do I have left? Not wasting my time with 99 bosses and stuff, not doing that in this. So yeah, moreso a "what should I do before I shelf this"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be honest I´m not understanding what all the fuzz about affinity grinding is about...I am doing all available affinity missions and have no problems getting the required characters to 2 hearts, with some normal missions and some exploring they reach them before I start to worry about it. Maybe it´s just the way I play the game, constantly doing missions and such...BTW, I love those social interactions where you have to choose an answer and some of them will boost affinity with some characters, it´s a very clever way to get to know the characters and make you think like them. They´re like minigames to me.

The two heart ones are easy to get, there's some four heart ones later on that can be annoying though.

Top Bottom