• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

EhoaVash

So....just beat the game....I can't wait for the next one :3

Last boss was...something.. A bit annoying as especially the part where my skells ran out of fuel and two of my npc party members would NOT leave their skells until they both died like wtf.....I kept commanding them to but nope. Probably a glitch.

Also....can you play with the special costume Elma after beating the game ? If so someone answer

Golnei

To follow on from that earlier conversation now that I've actually played the part that was being alluded to, if you look at it from an in-universe perspective, I don't particularly think the Chapter 11 revelation of
the White Whale's passengers being sourced from the well-connected one-percent explains the monolithic ethnic makeup of the cast;
like it was suggested before.
The whole point was that it only applied to the passengers in the Lifehold, not the BLADE members operating in mimeosomes, which make up most of the humans we actually see; and presumably would have been less of a skewed cross-section of humanity.

They don't need to justify their decision, but there was space to move away from the current situation without conflicting with the game's scenario if they wanted to.

jonjonaug

So....just beat the game....I can't wait for the next one :3

Last boss was...something.. A bit annoying as especially the part where my skells ran out of fuel and two of my npc party members would NOT leave their skells until they both died like wtf.....I kept commanding them to but nope. Probably a glitch.

Also....can you play with the special costume Elma after beating the game ? If so someone answer
The costume you need to craft, it's the armor set that requires parts from the superboss and has three or four variations. Ending spoilers:
You can change Elma's appearance to her true form in the settings menu

black_clavus

Neo Member
The Cauldros requirement is only 65%; the 80% figure floating around online (which came from the strategy guide) is incorrect. Several people have been able to do that sidequest with a 65% survey rate.

Thank you!
it feels like a chunk of burden has been removed

Finally in.

Spent 7 hours playing this last night. First thoughts are that I vastly prefer it to the first game, second that it's a total timesink. I have no idea where yesterday went.

Took me quite a bit of time to get my head around the map and navigating toward stuff but now that I have the follow ball that should be easier, no?

Also should I be skipping out of the first class as soon as possible? Or is it wise to play the first dozen hours of the game putting BP into those skills?

zroid

Banned
Also should I be skipping out of the first class as soon as possible? Or is it wise to play the first dozen hours of the game putting BP into those skills?

crash course on classes/arts/skills:

- classes determine what weapon types you can equip and what arts/skills you learn
- your weapons determine what arts you can use (NOT your class)
- once a skill is learned you can use it regardless of class
- once a class is mastered (ie reached the end of a branch), its weapons can be carried over to any other class

so basically once you've mastered your first class, there's almost no reason to not switch classes and keep learning new arts and skills. staying at level 10 of a class is like wasting experience.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well, I'm stuck.

I took the last Affinity Mission with Elma and Lin in the Barracks and now I'm supposed to beat two level 80 Sphinx while severely under prepared.

I'm literally stuck.

Not to mention you're forced to explore it quite early since a side quest pushes you to find an item which only drops on the otherside of the area.
Spherical EM Motor by any chance? That was quite a journey that took me probably like 3 hours or so to figure out a safe route.

Oblivia is mostly okay apart from that silly chapter where you're
destroying turrets
where it decides to shove high level pugilists in the way on a narrow path, which you can't really avoid.
Hmm, I did that chapter yesterday and I was able to avoid high level enemies using alternative routes, except in my first attempt when I was battling and accidentally attracted the attention of a high level enemy. My second attempt went totally fine.

Finally finished the lobster quest earlier today. Seriously the worst quest in the game, and probably one of the worst quests in recent RPG history.

The ending didn't make any sense either. Like, this guy who has admired superheroes and justice all of his life, suddenly loses his mind and becomes a serial killer, drug dealer and all other kind of shady and evil shit, just to become some ultimate antagonist for our ultimate hero.

I left the fucker to live, but I don't understand why I can't throw him in jail. At the moment it'd seem he's not capable of doing anything, but who knows when he'll get himself up again and just become even more antagonistic. That's what bad guys do when heroes let them live (and he'll realize it eventually).

The fight was pleasantly challenging though.

I refuse to doing last chapyer, before 80% survey for cauldros (you know why)

And somebody pls teach me to be broken, this
blood despair
killing me ;_;
(just possible battle spoilers related to the above spoiler:)
It was definitely pretty tough. I made some physical and beam resistance augments (have a lot of tickets so could make the highest ones easily) and some mechanoid slayer augments, but still he kicked my ass.

Then ended up using a couple of personal patches and instant tensioners so that I could get my teammates to take the damage instead of him oneshotting me at some point towards the end. Otherwise I didn't really take damage from him due to the augments but that one attack hits really hard (but if I had teammates alive, they were always targeted by it).

I haven't built for infinite overdrive or anything like that yet. Could've helped a lot too.

zroid

Banned
Spherical EM Motor by any chance? That was quite a journey that took me probably like 3 hours or so to figure out a safe route.

I actually gave up on this early on because it was just a normal mission and I figured I'd run into one eventually. Little did I know it'd actually be a reward in a future, unrelated mission, lol.

I'd advise people to just wait till they get it that way.

Vena

Well, I'm stuck.

I took the last Affinity Mission with Elma and Lin in the Barracks and now I'm supposed to beat two level 80 Sphinx while severely under prepared.

I'm literally stuck.

They are fairly weak for level 80 mobs. A full quip of 50 Skells should have no trouble with them, or you can just kill them on foot with your easymode build.

I think my battles againts groups of enemies would go much more smoothly if we all attacked the same target. So I select the "Concentrate fire!" command but it doesn't seem to help. Why is that?

massoluk

Banned
Hell, yeah. I just unlocked the big ass giant Skell cannons. Game fucking change. So many missions was out of my reach before, I'm going to plow through them with this god damn AOE monster. Here I come, you asshole lifehold-ambush-hold-for-3-minutes-bullshit mission.

I actually gave up on this early on because it was just a normal mission and I figured I'd run into one eventually. Little did I know it'd actually be a reward in a future, unrelated mission, lol.

I'd advise people to just wait till they get it that way.

I was quite lucky. When I got to Weeping Whitewood, I just saved and returned to the game the next day. The next day I managed to pick up the item within 3 minutes after booting up the game.

Vena

I think my battles againts groups of enemies would go much more smoothly if we all attacked the same target. So I select the "Concentrate fire!" command but it doesn't seem to help. Why is that?

If they are mid skill the AI routine won't change, I think. Just repeat it, that's what I do.

After getting wrecked by the Chapter 12 boss, I read up on the Phoenix and G-Buster and how they were a bit of a grind to get. 10 minutes into it and now I have 3 intergalactic Phoenixes and 3 G-Busters with one of them intergalactic. Killing things has never been easier! :D

JulianImp

After getting wrecked by the Chapter 12 boss, I read up on the Phoenix and G-Buster and how they were a bit of a grind to get. 10 minutes into it and now I have 3 intergalactic Phoenixes and 3 G-Busters with one of them intergalactic. Killing things has never been easier! :D

Just wait until you get a G2-Buster... I don't know where I got mine from, but it hitting all enemies in front of me and doing so twice was OP as hell. It'd often one-shot all of Joker's cohorts, which made farming ridiculously easy. Having two separate chances to inflict stagger is also really nice, since it makes binding a lot easier.

Malus

Hell even exploration was done better in Xenoblade. It may not have as many big or lush areas but there was actual meat to the areas. You discovered secret bosses, hidden tribes and villages, hidden quests, etc. Xenoblade X just has scenic views and randomized locations.

I strongly disagree with this. It almost comes off as dishonest. The sense of exploration and discovery is far stronger in X, not only due to the size and sheer terrain complexity of the individual areas but also the traversal options presented to you. In the original you could barely hop over a small fence, whereas in X you can scale mountains, jump off cliffs, leap over huge gaps, and fly. The constant discovery of new areas within areas through pure exploration is phenomenal.

The "hidden tribes and villages" are all completely mandatory to find in the original, whereas X has you discovering various races through optional sidequests you get by exploring NLA. X has way more secret bosses and hidden quests (that are actually worth doing) too. To say X is nothing but "scenic views and randomized areas" is nuts.

IMO X surpasses the original in several ways, from art direction, to gameplay (combat is sort of a wash), level design, and drastically improved sidequests. The original's one of my favorite games of all time, and I might still prefer it over X, but you're way underselling this game.

This game is nuts. I know this isn't the best way to play the game: but you should really do everything possible to reach Lv 32 / Chapter 9 ASAP to get that flight mod. It's worth it and makes exploring Mira, aka the best part of the game, much more efficient and enjoyable.

Skell flight is great but the ground exploration is even better imo and shouldn't be ignored. The joy of discovering new paths to whole new sections of the map (Cauldros has been blowing me away in this regard) never gets old.

IMO X surpasses the original in several ways, from art direction, gameplay (combat is sort of a wash), level design, and drastically improved sidequests.

I keep seeing this, did people leave out basic missions in this game but include the generic ones from the first game? because excluding those, the sidequests in the first game are way better than people seem to be giving it credit for

Malus

I keep seeing this, did people leave out basic missions in this game but include the generic ones from the first game? because excluding those, the sidequests in the first game are way better than people seem to be giving it credit for

I played literally hundreds of sideqests from the original and it just doesn't compare to many of the moments from X. The same way X has some crazy and entertaining main story moments but doesn't compare to the original.

Astral Dog

To follow on from that earlier conversation now that I've actually played the part that was being alluded to, if you look at it from an in-universe perspective, I don't particularly think the Chapter 11 revelation of
the White Whale's passengers being sourced from the well-connected one-percent explains the monolithic ethnic makeup of the cast;
like it was suggested before.
The whole point was that it only applied to the passengers in the Lifehold, not the BLADE members operating in mimeosomes, which make up most of the humans we actually see; and presumably would have been less of a skewed cross-section of humanity.

They don't need to justify their decision, but there was space to move away from the current situation without conflicting with the game's scenario if they wanted to.
weird i thought that applied to most of the BLADE members too, but maybe considering only a small portion of them are hostile to the xenoforms,would be true.

Just wait until you get a G2-Buster... I don't know where I got mine from, but it hitting all enemies in front of me and doing so twice was OP as hell. It'd often one-shot all of Joker's cohorts, which made farming ridiculously easy. Having two separate chances to inflict stagger is also really nice, since it makes binding a lot easier.

I actually got a G2 Buster in my run as well. Didn't know it was AOE too. :O

I'm farming Joker with my Phoenix now so I'll give that a go.

Haunted

treasure sensor) You don't (you know it just from counting up how many treasure sensor augments you have). It is a real pull back from the first game where a boost would be colour coded to indicate it was maxed. Like the UI contains way more info but less useful info, it is a shame.

The 100% is a reasonable assumption based on the fact it seems to modify what chest drops from an enemies body rather than its contents and the gold chests that always appear at 100% contain the most items (the might also have a different drop table to brozne or silver). This does lock you out of the opened 500 silver chests achievement whenever you have this equipment on you, you'll still get bronze due to appendages always being that.

With treasure sensor VI shop armour three party members decked out in it plus two treasure sensor V augments reaches 100%. Eventually change the helmets if you find find some with X (or more) built-in and if you really want to farm/spend tickets you can get it down to one female party member with three bunny pieces (thank god for fashion gear), three treasure sensor XX (total 90, 30 from armour 60 from augments) and other two armour slots with enough treasure sensor to hit 100.
Thanks for the info. They should really surface that information when there's a cap on stuff like it so you can work around it.

Xenoboy

I played literally hundreds of sideqests from the original and it just doesn't compare to many of the moments from X. The same way X has some crazy and entertaining main story moments but doesn't compare to the original.

Yeah, I've only finished chapter 8 but I feel the same way. XC had a much more engaging main story compared to XCX so far, but the side content is something.
Tell me, can you rub your fingers like it's world's smallest violin in the original?

ivysaur12

Banned

I agree with this in every way.

Makonero

Yeah, I've only finished chapter 8 but I feel the same way. XC had a much more engaging main story compared to XCX so far, but the side content is something.
Tell me, can you rub your fingers like it's world's smallest violin in the original?

Tobias is the worst. Why did he get a spot on the White Whale? Him, Gus, Alex, and Powell should all never have made it onboard.

JulianImp

I actually got a G2 Buster in my run as well. Didn't know it was AOE too. :O

I'm farming Joker with my Phoenix now so I'll give that a go.

The weapon looks exactly like your average G-Buster, but when you use it it becomes a kick-ass swordwhip that your skell swings around. I've been one-shotting small and medium enemies around level 45 for a while, but be aware that you might need a couple of attack-boosting augmentations to reliably take out all the smaller bugs that gather around joker.

Zafir

Yep.

I didn't even really know exactly where I was looking. I went to the Weeping Whitewood or whatever it was called and I was running around there for ages and didn't get a single one. In the end I explored more of Noctilum and I did eventually find one, further north.

Overall it took me an evening to explore pretty much all of Noctilum. Between all the suicide running, sneaking and reloading if I lost too much progress through it all, lol.

Ugh how the hell am I supposed to get to 65% survey rate on Cauldros? I did a few missions but that didnt increase the rate by much. I also have all the FN spots too.

The weapon looks exactly like your average G-Buster, but when you use it it becomes a kick-ass swordwhip that your skell swings around. I've been one-shotting small and medium enemies around level 45 for a while, but be aware that you might need a couple of attack-boosting augmentations to reliably take out all the smaller bugs that gather around joker.

The Phoenix does the heavy work and one shots nearly everything. I've used the G2 to handle the rest of Joker and the occasional one that still lives. G2 is great for mobs for sure, but is outclassed by the Phoenix is raw power. The G-Buster is better against a single enemy especially with the higher accuracy and raw power as well. It's tough because I like the stagger and AOE properties of the G2, but my intergalactic G-Buster has its cooldown at 48 seconds vs the normal 60. Needless to say, I'm glad I have all these weapons so far! The G2 is definitely the coolest out of the two buster swords though.

B00TE

Got my skell! Clearing out more of the zones using it while leveling Blast Fencer, capped out Bastion Warrior. Mainly just trying to find more probes and the like and really start working on upping my income.

When I'm not playing the game, all I can think about is what I wanna do next.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Tobias is the worst. Why did he get a spot on the White Whale? Him, Gus, Alex, and Powell should all never have made it onboard.

FUCKING A.

Tobias is the worst. Worst character of the year 2015 still goes to Alex. Tobias is a close second.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Easier said than done.

I can't even have 100k Miranium right now, I do have 8 storage probes but I don't know of an effective setup to reach 100k.

You don't need an Ares....

one good lvl50 tank skell and 1 maybe 2 properly outfitted skells can't get the job done just fine. the worst part about the fight is that they got 'lvl 80' stuck to their names

the grind for ares is harder than the fight by far

edit: shit i posted in the thread when i ran into it too lol. i think i chopped them both down with b2-gatling, the beam circle thingy, the beam slow art thingy, and the back beam sword on a level 50

my tank was the lvl 30 skell, two guys were on foot

Top Bottom