• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Okay, this game is addictive as all hell.

Must stop being exploring Nectilum. Must go to gym. Must get ready for work. Focus :p

Malus

Getting your BLADE level from 9 to 10 is a hell of a thing...

I'm about 2/5 of the way there. Surprising how fast it goes up while I'm not thinking about it and doing missions.
--
I swear 25% of my playtime is me trying to figure out which dialogue option to choose.

I'm curious, what's the highest survey% you need:

• for the main story
  • to finish every sidequest
Can't remember for main story don't think it is more than 40% though. In terms of sidequests one requires Mira >80%.

Where can I find her? I havent been able to find her since the end of DD. I checked Residential Area but nothing :(

Do I need to meet some more prereqs?
I think you do as DD isn't the end of that questline there is one quest after. After which
the roof of BLADE tower

Can't remember for main story don't think it is more than 40% though. In terms of sidequests one requires Mira >80%.

I think you do as DD isn't the end of that questline there is one quest after. After which
the roof of BLADE tower

I checked there but the only person I see is a Wrothian woman.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seriously, if you want easy Blade Medals Scout for low levels at the terminal outside the barracks and you'll only need to kill one or two lvl 60 enemy to get them to max level

I'm just gonna YouTube for Mia's last quest. Still at 49% of Cauldros without much progress so fuck it. Almost at 140 hours, and at my wits end, I'm ready to take on chapter 12 now. The last couple of hours have been frustrating so I'm gonna take a break and then finish up the game tonight.

None of them have dropped the Golden Puffs so far. Getting a lot of fleeces though.

kiuo

How I did it was by changing to the division curator which can give 5 points per blue crystal and went to FN224 in Noctilum, its on the right side of the map and is just under another probe. Its a cave with a lvl77 boss but he won't aggro as he's asleep, as long as you don't touch him. In this cave there's over 70 blue crystals and you can constantly fast travel to respawn them. Theres these spiders that spawns too after a time so be quick to get them then fast travel again.

Grinded the heck out of that place to get to blade lvl10. Each round I swept through I got about 250 points. I didn't try to get everything though so you can get about 350-400points if you did.

Edit: made 2million gold grinding the place too. Once you reach the cap of 99, all the rest are sold off automatically, some sold for 300, many for 200, and a few sold for 100

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm just gonna YouTube for Mia's last quest. Still at 49% of Cauldros without much progress so fuck it. Almost at 140 hours, and at my wits end, I'm ready to take on chapter 12 now. The last couple of hours have been frustrating so I'm gonna take a break and then finish up the game tonight.

None of them have dropped the Golden Puffs so far. Getting a lot of fleeces though.

are you targeting the 'puff'?

or you can just buy however many you need with reward tickets

and i still don't have mia 100 hours in lol

Found out that I could lock the weather!
- When encountered with a specific weather save the game.
- Exit the game via setting >> exit then load the game.
- Now the weather's locked, even when you're fast traveling in the same region/continent.
- To unlock, just go outside the region.

It help when you need to farm tyrants/monsters which only appear in specific weather condition.
A tip to quickly change the weather that I picked up here (which also includes times...worth knowing the EM storms in Cauldros are a two hour window) is to keep going from *continent* to *continent* waters.

Now combining that with your trick it becomes useful (as you don't want to be stuck in the middle of the ocean when you need to fly somewhere quick).

So I'm before chapter 12 with 57% survey rate and level 49, but I feel like I've run out side missions I can actually do.

I've got one where I have to hold against an ambush for 3 minutes where they wreck me in 20 seconds, one where I have to beat a level 50 or so tyrant in Cauldros that destroys me, one where I have to go through a tiny cave full of level 50's without my skell that overwhelm me etc.

Am I at the point where I just need to do chapter 12 and keep going with the rest later?
Should I bump myself up to 50 and buy a new skell before I start it btw? And Elma and Lin are only 45 or so, should I grind them up?

I... somehow have 4mil credits when I spent all of them and had like 50k at level 44 or so. I honestly don't know where they all came from :lol

DY_nasty

So I'm before chapter 12 with 57% survey rate and level 49, but I feel like I've run out side missions I can actually do.

I've got one where I have to hold against an ambush for 3 minutes where they wreck me in 20 seconds, one where I have to beat a level 50 or so tyrant in Cauldros that destroys me, one where I have to go through a tiny cave full of level 50's without my skell that overwhelm me etc.

Am I at the point where I just need to do chapter 12 and keep going with the rest later?
Should I bump myself up to 50 and buy a new skell before I start it btw? And Elma and Lin are only 45 or so, should I grind them up?

I... somehow have 4mil credits when I spent all of them and had like 50k at level 44 or so. I honestly don't know where they all came from :lol

I think that if you're having issues with that fight, then Chapter 12 is gonna fuck you up

rhandino

Banned
I keep seeing this, did people leave out basic missions in this game but include the generic ones from the first game? because excluding those, the sidequests in the first game are way better than people seem to be giving it credit for
I been a strong proponent of the sidequests in the original game but this one has not only a LOT more of the good ones but some of them reward you with a lot of different things arms manufactures, probes, pets, help you to locate some of the most obscure and hidden zones
(like the Molten Core in Primordia)
but they also have been used to introduce
new aliens races like the Orphean and the Definians
and then it gets all kinds of awesome when you manage to get some
prone allies

When Takahashi said that they worked in the sidequests he was not lying O_O

jgwhiteus

I waited until post-game to do this - I still had about 10,000 points to go, even after doing as many sidequests as I could find before the finale. Then when support missions become available, you can do it within a couple of minutes, because there are missions that give you 5,000 BLADE points every time you clear them.

Malus

Sidequest spoilers:
...and now I'm tickle torturing Fortun, all knowing sage of the Definians.

Never change Xenoblade. I said this before but I feel like I'm playing Saints Row 4 with how wacky this game is.

are you targeting the 'puff'?

or you can just buy however many you need with reward tickets

and i still don't have mia 100 hours in lol

Yuuup. No puffs, just fleece and something else.

I'm abandoning this quest. Fuck you cheating ass Nopon and the sucker that put a littlepon in her.

Frodo

Just beat the game.

That ending... I quite like it.
Also, finally learned how to use Overdrive. In the freaking last boss fight.

I've got one where I have to hold against an ambush for 3 minutes where they wreck me in 20 seconds, one where I have to beat a level 50 or so tyrant in Cauldros that destroys me, one where I have to go through a tiny cave full of level 50's without my skell that overwhelm me etc.l

Once my team died and I was left alive, I literally ran around and jumping the whole time at the edge of the battle zone and let the timer ran out.

Amazingly it worked lol.

Was dreading getting Cauldros to 65% but after just flying around putting probes and collecting treasures it's on 52%, so just need to hunt down tyrants and do a few quests and I'm good.

Just go buy it, trust me when I say how it turns out is worth it.

Only have like 150 tickets, not enough for the items required for that quest. I still have to get 6 of the other thing its asking for.

Maybe I just need a break. I've had a lot of fun just doing things as they came but now that I'm forcing myself to finish stuff ASAP I've been getting really frustrated.

no i mean like... go on foot and actually target the tail 'puff' because you can't in a skell and the drops are much, much lower otherwise

or just buy em

Yeah thats what I did :/

DY_nasty

Yuuup. No puffs, just fleece and something else.

I'm abandoning this quest. Fuck you cheating ass Nopon and the sucker that put a littlepon in her.

no i mean like... go on foot and actually target the tail 'puff' because you can't in a skell and the drops are much, much lower otherwise

or just buy em

jgwhiteus

Just go buy it, trust me when I say how it turns out is worth it.

Is this that Cauldros Nopon sidequest that also involves gathering Malevolent Petramand Silk? God, I spent an hour farming those stupid Petramands for those (only to discover it's much easier to farm them in the morning than at night...), and when (quest ending spoiler)
I saw that I'd spent all that time so that cheating Nopon could make a completely unconvincing doll to try to pass off as her "baby"
I wanted to throw the controller. You made me waste all that time to help you with your
amateur-level arts and crafts project?!

Griss

I swore blind I'd get my Skell last night. Didn't happen. Tonight's the night!

People said 'It takes thirty hours to get your Skell.' I'm at 29 hours and 20 minutes. That utter precision, I'm impressed!

Also, 30 hours in and I haven't even visited two of the continents, it's insane. The size of this game is INSANE.

Primordia is great. Noctilium is beautiful but annoying to traverse. Not a fan. Oblivia, though. God damn do I love that place. One of my favourite settings in gaming history.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is this that Cauldros Nopon sidequest that also involves gathering Malevolent Petramand Silk? God, I spent an hour farming those stupid Petramands for those (only to discover it's much easier to farm them in the morning than at night...), and when (quest ending spoiler)
I saw that I'd spent all that time so that cheating Nopon could make a completely unconvincing doll to try to pass off as her "baby"
I wanted to throw the controller. You made me waste all that time to help you with your
amateur-level arts and crafts project?!

Yes it is. The silks were easy compared to the tufts, but then ending made me laugh way too hard. Fucking Nopon :lol

Haunted

Oh man, there's a way into that sphere? Is it part of a quest or can it be found just like that?

Time to go exploring next time I boot up the game. :D

Renewed

Total survey rate at 99.5%-ish and collectopedia done. I think all that's left to do is to make something to kill the Telethia... more grinding :(

Edit: bonus pic, almost done here. maybe I'll start over.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01p6qkt.jpg

Man I feel like I'm consistently getting my shit pushed in by bosses that are lower leveled than me. Had to grind to 37-38 for the chapter 9 boss and my team is level 40 with medium skells and I got destroyed by the chapter 10 boss.

When a level ~17 player comes into the level 60 global nemesis fight...funniest thing is I don't think this is uncommon as it happened twice today. The first time I joined the room at 2/4, it was 2/4 when it loaded (i.e. the host of the room left upon seeing a level 15 join) the room reached 4/4 but the last person instantly left upon seeing the level 15 player. I found that reaction kind of amusing.

As it turns out them hiding in the corner, eventually getting one shot 3 times and using all the retries is more than enough time to break off all the appendages.

So I found a guide to all the Skell superweapons as well as other level 60 skell stuff (what some of the level 60 frames are like). Some of the superweapons seem to have really weird issues (built-in augments for completely the wrong element).

Post game spoilers
Any point to getting the Ares 90? Don't think you can change its equipment. It seems like something to grind for as an easter egg/bonus type thing from the main story. I guess it would be better to buy 60 Skells so I can at least put different weapons/Super weapons on them.

Glad I've had the past week or so off work, with 4 more days coming to play this game properly because, damn, it's no doubt going to end up on my GOTY list.

Am I supposed to feel this OP in a Skell though? My character is level 32, and I'm pretty sure my Skell is in the early 20's and I'm wrecking most level 35 and below indigens with it. The balance in the game seems to be sort of all over the place at times, whether that's in your favour or not. Probably one of my only strong criticisms aside from the terrible story telling.

The rest of it is lush though.

Top Bottom