• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

massoluk

Banned
I played literally hundreds of sideqests from the original and it just doesn't compare to many of the moments from X. The same way X has some crazy and entertaining main story moments but doesn't compare to the original.

Agreed. Xeno X sidequests are far better than Xeno 1, just look at the affinity quests alone.

Ugh how the hell am I supposed to get to 65% survey rate on Cauldros? I did a few missions but that didnt increase the rate by much. I also have all the FN spots too.
Fly around and pick every treasure that you see on the mini map and kill every tyrant that you see. It's better still if you have info from the yellow dialogue boxes so you know which tyrants to kill too. The more segments you finish, the higher the survey rate.

Zafir

Jesus Christ, I have Treasure Sensors up the ass JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN SILVER VITA CORES!

I'll be honest, you'd have a much easier and fun time just grinding the reward tickets from Telethia. :p

Grab 3 level 10 dudes from scout, oneshot some high level creature and release them. Then just kill the appendages for items to turn into tickets.

I tried manually farming stuff and I was going crazy due to the low drop rate on some.

Jesus Christ, I have Treasure Sensors up the ass JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN SILVER VITA CORES!
Honestly I'd buy all time attack drops with reward tickets (tear off Telethia appendages and emergency exit as I doubt your current skells can face off against the other nemesis) as I don't have particularly good luck with those, especially if your ground game isn't up to vanquishing the time attacks in seconds.

Tobias is the worst. Why did he get a spot on the White Whale? Him, Gus, Alex, and Powell should all never have made it onboard.
The plot with Kirsty and Tobias have not ended once you've done Life of Gold and Planetary Pioneer (Part V). There are a couple of other quests and well (spoilers for
New Frontier
quest)
Tobias was also involved in FrontierNav (don't know if he changed his Mim appearance or Kirsty is really bad with face but she didn't recognize him) and ends up giving all the money he earned to Kirsty for the next step of FrontierNav (which you bought the last data file for from Tobias), connecting it to a whole star system to it. Not sure how it is going to work with people being unable to leave Mira...also that quest name; new frontier...the name of chapter 2 is the New Fronter :( I guess that gives Tobias a motive, a couple of party members also want lots of money for personal reasons.

Does anybody have a map with all the sightseeing spot in Oblivia? I need to set up a money farm.
http://imgur.com/a/6Ptqs

BY2K

Membero Americo
Thing is the very first time I did the Time Attack Mission with the Vita I got 2 Cores. Then, nothing.

Jesus fuck! Chapter 12 is fucking ridiculous! I can' get past the 2nd form of the
Vita boss
. Every time I weaken him he puts up the barrier thing and I can't hurt him anymore. I then go to take out the shield probe but by the time I take that out it is already too late. I'm about to say fuck this game.

Is there some type of strategy I am missing here?

MihowZa

Banned
When did it take you guys to tick 130K on frontier nav?

I just recently lined them up like in that one pic and I'm @ 77k/tic.

Hey guys.

Any good site for missions walkthroughs?

I have difficulty in the maps especially when the name of the hexagon is mentioned like FN 112 or something. How do I know where that is?

Thanks in advance for the help..

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So I'm trying to get my %30 of Noctilum explored for the Chapter 6 requirement, but I'm having issues navigating the world. Seems like everything funnels me into the water (filled with level 45 creatures that slaughter me and are too plentiful to sneak past), or areas I've already been to with the places I need to go REALLY high up. Anyone else have this experience? I'm sure I just need to explore more, but I usually don't have this tough a time mapping a landscape!

So I'm trying to get my %30 of Noctilum explored for the Chapter 6 requirement, but I'm having issues navigating the world. Seems like everything funnels me into the water (filled with level 45 creatures that slaughter me and are too plentiful to sneak past), or areas I've already been to with the places I need to go REALLY high up. Anyone else have this experience? I'm sure I just need to explore more, but I usually don't have this tough a time mapping a landscape!

I'm pretty sure it's 20%.

Anyway, just try to get a bunch of FrontierNav spots, if you have trouble sneaking around enemies use Shadowrunner.

Astral Dog

Ugh, need to complete my Primordia collectopedia, but still missing 3 things :\

i really want that probe

what happens when you collect all?
I have at least one of every thing but if i use them who knows when they could be useful for something else

Makonero

The survey completion is more than just the probes. Each hex has a specific task (a quest, a treasure, a tyrant) with specific symbols. So spend time in places you've already uncovered, but search for treasure and tyrants. That should help out. Also, complete any sidequest that takes you to Noctilum, since that should also help.

Fly around and pick every treasure that you see on the mini map and kill every tyrant that you see. It's better still if you have info from the yellow dialogue boxes so you know which tyrants to kill too. The more segments you finish, the higher the survey rate.

Sounds good. I got all the treasures I'm able to, a few of them required Lvl 3+ Biological which I dont have at the moment.

I'm at 46%. Just about 20% left to go. I dont know if I'm strong enough for these Tyrants :/

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The survey completion is more than just the probes. Each hex has a specific task (a quest, a treasure, a tyrant) with specific symbols. So spend time in places you've already uncovered, but search for treasure and tyrants. That should help out. Also, complete any sidequest that takes you to Noctilum, since that should also help.
Okay, thanks. I found a way around the river of tough enemies and have explored a little more, but I'm still running into TONS of enemies I have to avoid and run from! Suppose this is the way of prepping you for your Skell -- since you can finally face some of them (I'm guessing).

zroid

Banned
Okay, thanks. I found a way around the river of tough enemies and have explored a little more, but I'm still running into TONS of enemies I have to avoid and run from! Suppose this is the way of prepping you for your Skell -- since you can finally face some of them (I'm guessing).

when you get your Skell you'll just start living in fear of getting popped by some random rock thing and there will actually be consequences :p

mostly kidding... kinda

Hey guys.

Any good site for missions walkthroughs?

I have difficulty in the maps especially when the name of the hexagon is mentioned like FN 112 or something. How do I know where that is?

Thanks in advance for the help..
Generally it goes from up to down and left to right. The numbered ones are always probe sites.

So like (for example):

Code:
110   112    115

111   113

random25

Primordia, Noctilum and Oblivia collectopedia complete! A few more in Sylvalum and Cauldros and I'm gonna get my Best Curator Award!

And that Gold Rush quest...
I knew the reward money was too good to be true...not that I needed more anyway.

Nopons are greedy bastards that also cheat on their husbands.

Now I need to kill 6 cute mephites to appease one of these bastards. Any ideas where I can find Evil Mephites?

Malus

I love how (sidequest spoiler)
Fortun, sage of the Definians containing all the universe's knowledge is just hanging around in town.

Oh my god yes this quest. I know exactly who you're looking for game.

Fortun, sage of the Definians containing all the universe's knowledge is just hanging around in town.

Where can I find her? I havent been able to find her since the end of DD. I checked Residential Area but nothing :(

Do I need to meet some more prereqs?

Golnei

I'm beginning to reconsider
killing her
. Maybe I should have saved before the beginning of that mission, not immediately after accepting it...

random25

I'm beginning to reconsider
killing her
. Maybe I should have saved before the beginning of that mission, not immediately after accepting it...

After learning what will happen if you go with
killing her
I regretted
keeping her alive.

I'm at 49.83% for Cauldros. If I cant find any more treasures, missions, or tyrants and get to 65% in the next hour I'm just gonna finish the game without Mia. Fuck this shit.

Makonero

Nopons are greedy bastards that also cheat on their husbands.

Now I need to kill 6 cute mephites to appease one of these bastards. Any ideas where I can find Evil Mephites?

If you go northwest of the Nopon camp in Cauldros, there should be a few mephites that drop them (any mephite in Cauldros will do).

Top Bottom