• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

jgwhiteus

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?????????????????????

If you're asking how you get in the sphere specifically (this took me forever to find)...
there's a very small opening with a small waterfall coming out of it on the side of the sphere facing the lakes on the western side, that you can fly into... it's at about the middle of the sphere height-wise. It can be very hard to spot because the hole / water kind of blends in

Frodo

Glad I've had the past week or so off work, with 4 more days coming to play this game properly because, damn, it's no doubt going to end up on my GOTY list.

Am I supposed to feel this OP in a Skell though? My character is level 32, and I'm pretty sure my Skell is in the early 20's and I'm wrecking most level 35 and below indigens with it. The balance in the game seems to be sort of all over the place at times, whether that's in your favour or not. Probably one of my only strong criticisms aside from the terrible story telling.

The rest of it is lush though.

Level is not the only thing that counts. As Elma said, size is also important. A small level 60 enemy will probably not give you as much trouble as a gigantic level 40.

If you're asking how you get in the sphere specifically (this took me forever to find)...
there's a very small opening with a small waterfall coming out of it on the side of the sphere facing the lakes on the western side, that you can fly into... it's at about the middle of the sphere height-wise. It can be very hard to spot because the hole / water kind of blends in

Thanks! Completely missed that. Time to reboot the game.

zroid

Banned
Primordia is great. Noctilium is beautiful but annoying to traverse. Not a fan. Oblivia, though. God damn do I love that place. One of my favourite settings in gaming history.

I didn't really love Noctilum at first, of course it's beautiful, but the southern region was kind of annoying after being so used to the openness of Primordia.

Then when you emerge from that cave and see the lake below --- damn. I think most of Noctilum north of there is real nice. Not as much open space as the other regions, but so much variety.

Zafir

Post game spoilers
Any point to getting the Ares 90? Don't think you can change its equipment. It seems like something to grind for as an easter egg/bonus type thing from the main story. I guess it would be better to buy 60 Skells so I can at least put different weapons/Super weapons on them.

Depends what you're planning on doing I guess. I mean the Mastema with Amadusia armour and the Zenith cannon surpasses the Ares 90 in damage, I imagine some of the other super weapons will too. However, the grind is more than that of the Ares 90.

Consequently the question is whether it's worth wasting your time to get the Ares 90 so you can speed up the grind of the two 60 Skells.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Post game spoilers
Any point to getting the Ares 90? Don't think you can change its equipment. It seems like something to grind for as an easter egg/bonus type thing from the main story. I guess it would be better to buy 60 Skells so I can at least put different weapons/Super weapons on them.
You grind for Ares90 so you can grind for your ground gear so you can grind for other 60 skells.

Malus

Glad I've had the past week or so off work, with 4 more days coming to play this game properly because, damn, it's no doubt going to end up on my GOTY list.

Am I supposed to feel this OP in a Skell though? My character is level 32, and I'm pretty sure my Skell is in the early 20's and I'm wrecking most level 35 and below indigens with it. The balance in the game seems to be sort of all over the place at times, whether that's in your favour or not. Probably one of my only strong criticisms aside from the terrible story telling.

The rest of it is lush though.

Skells should make you feel powerful, yes. That said there are still plenty of enemies that can rip your skell apart.

Delstius

I love/hate the Telethia fight.

Every time you get a little farther in the fight after hours of grinding your augments he basically scream "you are not prepared" with each new phase and proceed to wipe you quickly. I'll come back, again, and this time will be the freaking last, screw that phase 3 and the insane damages.

Post game spoilers

Short answer : The Ares 90 isn't just an easter egg, get it.

Long answer : the Ares 90 can one shot almost anything beside a few tyrants, and is probably the best skell for farming material (except when you need to destroy an appendage on foot like the Shard or Cantor arm). Considering how easy it is to get, it wouldn't be very wise to skip it if you intend to do the post game. On the other hand the lvl 60 Skells can be more powerfull than the Ares but require A LOT of investment for that. Imo start by getting the Ares and improve it with augments, then start to think about how to combine the lvl 60 Skells with the superweapons and augments that will make it better than the Ares.

My level 30 skell is feeling very outdated, even level 45 enemies are giving me a hard time in it, once I use my G buster I feel it's better to just fight on foot lol.

Should I blow all my money on one of the expensive level 50 skells or does a cheaper one get the job done fine?

Ulysses 31

My level 30 skell is feeling very outdated, even level 45 enemies are giving me a hard time in it, once I use my G buster I feel it's better to just fight on foot lol.

Should I blow all my money on one of the expensive level 50 skells or does a cheaper one get the job done fine?

You should and farm an orange lvl 50 G(2) Buster for it.

Golnei

anyone else feel like tatsu's animations are weirdly more fluid than anyone else's?

In a way, but that might have more to do with his features not really requiring complex facial animations, and his proportions making it harder to notice any stiffness in his animations. Similarly, his model looking better than the human cast could come down to sidestepping the uncanny valley entirely by looking like a stuffed animal rather than anything realistic.

zroid

Banned
The weirdest thing about the bizarre looking faces is that it's not even impossible to make decent looking faces with the character creator. Most avatars look pretty good if any amount of effort was put in. But a lot of NPCs are just wooooow bad.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I'm trying to kill the tyrant in the mech Lv 5 quest. I have four lv30 skells with shop grade GBusters... I keep getting like down to 5% health on him and dying.

I feel like it's just going to come down to luck and getting cockpit resets on Arts...

vareon

Man I'm trying to kill the tyrant in the mech Lv 5 quest. I have four lv30 skells with shop grade GBusters... I keep getting like down to 5% health on him and dying.

I feel like it's just going to come down to luck and getting cockpit resets on Arts...

I did this too, focused on only the tyrant. Most Skells are destroyed and I finished him on foot.

Golnei

The weirdest thing about the bizarre looking faces is that it's not even impossible to make decent looking faces with the character creator. Most avatars look pretty good if any amount of effort was put in. But a lot of NPCs are just wooooow bad.

Since the avatar presets were predefined models, whose proportions couldn't be edited by the player; it seems as if the nature of the current faces was a deliberate choice, not something accidental. Which presets did you think avoided the problem?

Ho boy,
Pharsis the Everqueen
has a good drop for CnC weapon. I just got an unique shield and reflect gravity augment, gonna build a tanker soon!

Finally my Blade Fencer is starting to do decent damage. Too bad Psycho Lauchers look dumb most of the time and my character has them out by default even when I switch to the saber. Just finished Chapter 7 and I'm almost level 30. Is the level 30 Skell a worthwhile upgrade over your first one? My current one only has three arts. I feel like I'm not getting very good equipment from drops (ground and Skell gear), and nothing from the shops seem worth purchasing. I feel like I've been using the same equipment from three chapters ago.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I did this too, focused on only the tyrant. Most Skells are destroyed and I finished him on foot.

Man I'm nowhere close to getting him on foot. All my ranged attacks miss. It's going to take pure luck to finish him off.

I've already spent a couple of hours going after this... Going to give it another go after the kids are in bed tonight. Hopefully have a nice cold one and bring this asshole down!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Finally my Blade Fencer is starting to do decent damage. Too bad Psycho Lauchers look dumb most of the time and my character has them out by default even when I switch to the saber. Just finished Chapter 7 and I'm almost level 30. Is the level 30 Skell a worthwhile upgrade over your first one? My current one only has three arts. I feel like I'm not getting very good equipment from drops (ground and Skell gear), and nothing from the shops seem worth purchasing. I feel like I've been using the same equipment from three chapters ago.

I'm in the same area as you , here's the most effiecent build:

Buy four Lv30 skells. Probably buy one expensive one and the rest cheap or middle tier.
Level up the first AM, Saburakaka Whatever to Lv 5
Buy the G Buster R Shoulder weapon for all your skells that they sell, it's a 200 fuel Art that does Gravity damage

after that just save cash until you hit the Lv 50 tier skells.

zroid

Banned
Since the avatar presets were predefined models, whose proportions couldn't be edited by the player; it seems as if the nature of the current faces was a deliberate choice, not something accidental. Which presets did you think avoided the problem?
I'm not really talking about the models, but the features, which I believe you could edit. I think most of the models look fine, but a lot of the NPCs just look really strange anyway.

Vena

Hum...
Mia's
skill and art spread is probably one of the best in the game. No wonder it takes so long to get access to them as a party member. Right up there with Elma.

Ulysses 31

Awww yeah, managed to kill that mech superboss in Primordia
, barely and with Alexa in her own Ares 90 who made the killshot with her superweapon

2 down, 2 more to go.

Golnei

I'm not really talking about the models, but the features, which I believe you could edit. I think most of the models look fine, but a lot of the NPCs just look really strange anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by features - all you really have control over is the skin, hair, tattoos/face paint and eyes. Is it more the combinations chosen you don't like?

Though one thing that really sticks out is how they often have even worse facial animations than the avatar - I'll never be able to scrub Fraisie's :0 from my mind.

plufim

Got the collectors edition for xmas but heard there's a spoiler in the art book... at what point in the game is it safe to look?

Depends what you're planning on doing I guess. I mean the Mastema with Amadusia armour and the Zenith cannon surpasses the Ares 90 in damage, I imagine some of the other super weapons will too. However, the grind is more than that of the Ares 90.

Consequently the question is whether it's worth wasting your time to get the Ares 90 so you can speed up the grind of the two 60 Skells.

You grind for Ares90 so you can grind for your ground gear so you can grind for other 60 skells.

I love/hate the Telethia fight.

Every time you get a little farther in the fight after hours of grinding your augments he basically scream "you are not prepared" with each new phase and proceed to wipe you quickly. I'll come back, again, and this time will be the freaking last, screw that phase 3 and the insane damages.

Short answer : The Ares 90 isn't just an easter egg, get it.

Long answer : the Ares 90 can one shot almost anything beside a few tyrants, and is probably the best skell for farming material (except when you need to destroy an appendage on foot like the Shard or Cantor arm). Considering how easy it is to get, it wouldn't be very wise to skip it if you intend to do the post game. On the other hand the lvl 60 Skells can be more powerfull than the Ares but require A LOT of investment for that. Imo start by getting the Ares and improve it with augments, then start to think about how to combine the lvl 60 Skells with the superweapons and augments that will make it better than the Ares.

Damn, I thought Ares 90 was harder to get than the level 60 Skells. I admittedly have not looked at the crafting requirements for the 60 skells and superweapons, I kind of just assumed that it would be easier.

Guess I should probably look up the farming info for the Ares 90 then.

B_Bech

Gear is weird in that sometimes one weapon/armor will be waaaaay better than what should be an upgrade, and is not be reflected in the price or rarity at all. Level 30 skells are tremendously better than the 20. Echo your thoughts on the psycho in cutscenes. It's like, shits going down and suddenly your character puts up his dukes by posing flamboyantly. I actually laughed out loud the first time I saw it.

Beats

Damn, I thought Ares 90 was harder to get than the level 60 Skells. I admittedly have not looked at the crafting requirements for the 60 skells and superweapons, I kind of just assumed that it would be easier.

Guess I should probably look up the farming info for the Ares 90 then.

It probably would be a lot harder if you couldn't get the Golden Yggdralith Hearts with reward tickets. Those drop from
the monster inside the sphere in Sylvalum iirc.
Without the reward ticket system it'd be easier to craft the 60 Skells which makes me wonder if they implemented that before or after they thought up the crafting requirements.

Malus

Still salty that I saw a picture here of the (quest spoiler)
Sword of Legendaryness.
Just finished the quest :/

zroid

Banned
I'm not sure what you mean by features - all you really have control over is the skin, hair, tattoos/face paint and eyes. Is it more the combinations chosen you don't like?

Though one thing that really sticks out is how they often have even worse facial animations than the avatar - I'll never be able to scrub Fraisie's :0 from my mind.

I dunno, but just seeing people's avatar characters, most of them look pretty good. You might be right though, could just be biased because of the selection process.

I'm in the same area as you , here's the most effiecent build:

Buy four Lv30 skells. Probably buy one expensive one and the rest cheap or middle tier.
Level up the first AM, Saburakaka Whatever to Lv 5
Buy the G Buster R Shoulder weapon for all your skells that they sell, it's a 200 fuel Art that does Gravity damage

after that just save cash until you hit the Lv 50 tier skells.
Is that the one that comes with the Verus? I might get it for that alone. I have 2 million credits at the moment. I would like to take advantage of that probe setup in Noctilum that's been posted numerous times but I need one more duplicator probe. I really want to maximize my Miranium storage as well. I get almost 15,000 in a single pass and I have a storage of 19,000. I feel like I have to stop whatever I'm doing to go back to NLA and dump all of it into an AM so I don't effectively "waste" Miranium.

Gear is weird in that sometimes one weapon/armor will be waaaaay better than what should be an upgrade, and is not be reflected in the price or rarity at all. Level 30 skells are tremendously better than the 20. Echo your thoughts on the psycho in cutscenes. It's like, shits going down and suddenly your character puts up his dukes by posing flamboyantly. I actually laughed out loud the first time I saw it.
Yeah, I'm not digging the Psycho Launchers at all. Why even allow you to switch weapons with X if it'll just default to one type? And it's really difficult finding better weapons for my party. Are enemy drops determined by what class you are? I have so much junk I should get rid of. I also don't know how to feel about arts being tied to weapons. Like what is the benefit of being a Duelist using Galactic Knight equipment rather than, you know, just being a Galactic Knight? Are the passive class bonuses really that effective to warrant class changing for the sake of them?

Delstius

Telethia down, about damn time after all those augments grind.

I was going to say never again but I did it during the mission "A Fateful Choice" so it doesn't count apparently. On the bright side I learned that the Ovah (the virus that live in symbiosis with the Orphe) came from an ocean of another world, the same place where the Telethia lived too. So yeah, interesting info, was worth the pain.

Is there a way to tell if a basic mission is a duplicate mission or not worth doing? I didn't recruit Boze and Alexa around 60 hours in because I thought they were filler missions but some of them are obviously worth accepting. How do you tell?

Renewed

Is there a way to tell if a basic mission is a duplicate mission or not worth doing? I didn't recruit Boze and Alexa around 60 hours in because I thought they were filler missions but some of them are obviously worth accepting. How do you tell?

If the mission type says Social it's worthwhile.

There's Gathering and Bounty which typically you only pick up Bounty if you want to go kill something. Gathering you accept if you already have the required items.

What do you mean by this btw? I don't think this is a thing?

if you use an art of a certain weapon then it will switch to that weapon. maybe that's what's happening?
Nah, I mean when I'm just running around the world, I like to have my sword out because it looks better, but if I fast travel or trigger a cutscene, it defaults back to the Psycho Launchers. It's a minor gripe, though, it's not a real problem.

Social missions are never filler unless they're just asking for miranium

If the mission type says Social it's worthwhile.

There's Gathering and Bounty which typically you only pick up Bounty if you want to go kill something. Gathering you accept if you already have the required items.

Thanks. I'll skip the gathering and bounty missions then.

literally ordered this monday and it's already here. gg amazon.co.jp

1UpHCl7.jpg

Nah, I mean when I'm just running around the world, I like to have my sword out because it looks better, but if I fast travel or trigger a cutscene, it defaults back to the Psycho Launchers. It's a minor gripe, though, it's not a real problem.

This annoyed me too, I would switch weapon to something that wasn't huge on my character to something smaller and it would still switch it upon transition or in cutscenes at times as well.

Top Bottom