• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Delstius

Is there a way to tell if a basic mission is a duplicate mission or not worth doing? I didn't recruit Boze and Alexa around 60 hours in because I thought they were filler missions but some of them are obviously worth accepting. How do you tell?

Important missions are always on top.

That being said in general :
- always accept all social type missions since they can lead to important stuff.
- get the gathering missions when you have everything already unless it's a 0/1 type where you just have to collect something that will spawn only if you have taken the mission.
- do the bounty missions whenever you can/want.
- if you already did a mission it will clearly appear, this only happen when there's not enough non-completed mission to fill the list anyway.

zroid

Banned
Nah, I mean when I'm just running around the world, I like to have my sword out because it looks better, but if I fast travel or trigger a cutscene, it defaults back to the Psycho Launchers. It's a minor gripe, though, it's not a real problem.

Huh. I honestly haven't noticed this and I've played the game for 100 hours. :lol

vareon

Nah, I mean when I'm just running around the world, I like to have my sword out because it looks better, but if I fast travel or trigger a cutscene, it defaults back to the Psycho Launchers. It's a minor gripe, though, it's not a real problem.

Yeah, some of the weapons look terrible in casual outfit.

Tripon

I got through the probe mission that was a story mission. Fuuuuck that mission. At least it forced me to put a bunch of probes down and explore the bottom part of the map.

Golnei

This annoyed me too, I would switch weapon to something that wasn't huge on my character to something smaller and it would still switch it upon transition or in cutscenes at times as well.

That was awful when I was using the beam cannon - it took up 3/4 of the entire screen during the cutscene where you first get a Skell.

Nia

10/10 at the url name.

Also, you named your skell "Nirvash", admit it.

Of course I did. You're talking to the biggest Eureka Seven fan on the planet. I changed the level 50 Skell to be like the Nirvash Spec 2, and when I get to the final boss I'm going to change it to look like the Spec 3. I also made a Skell named The End, which I'm saving for someone who may or not be a party member later, at least I'm hoping.

Important missions are always on top.

That being said in general :
- always accept all social type missions since they can lead to important stuff.
- get the gathering missions when you have everything already unless it's a 0/1 type where you just have to collect something that will spawn only if you have taken the mission.
- do the bounty missions whenever you can/want.
- if you already did a mission it will clearly appear, this only happen when there's not enough non-completed mission to fill the list anyway.

I've noticed some missions have different clients but the same objective and rewards.

-Horizon-

Just finished chapter 8

:O

That was so cool

You brought mechs? That's fine, so did I >:D

And the whole

Lao
business is pretty in your face every time isn't it haha

Also did a few more
tree prone
missions.
got rid of a dude's pig, got an interspecies marriage approved, and just STRATEGIED all over place lol

I should really pick up missions when I see them. I feel like I missed one in the residential area. I found 2 but I feel like I saw 3 earlier.

Fuck me...I went into spoiler thread on accident and didn't realize. I was all like "this is weird" followed shortly by "oh shit, abandon thread!"

Thankfully I didn't really see anything but a name.

Ulysses 31

Fuck me 90 hours in and I only just realised you could level up skills.

Changed my +25% damage from behind to +125% :lol

133.gif

rhandino

Banned
I noticed that cutscenes use the last weapon you used, so if a cutscene starts after a battle and you where using the Psyco Launchers they are what is going to show in yhe cutscene... unless the cutscene dictates that the characters were using ranged weapons like in one of the last cutscenes of Chapter 5.

I did chapter 8 today.

I was wondering why the Ganglion didn't just attack NLA. Thing is just sitting there, and the Ganglion have way bigger backing. Glad it was addressed.

Voliko

Off the Record quest- I could have sworn I accepted it, but I don't see it anywhere in missions or at the BLADE concourse?

Zafir

Souls games dont hold hands, so why are we having issues here?

Because we've had souls games for years and so everyone is already used to the majority of it's mechanics?

Anything that has changed does get questions asked. Like the constant change of levelling up places. Just like you get people saying they didn't realise they could level up their skills in XCX, people in Dark Souls 2 commented how they managed to miss the NPC who levels you up for quite some time.

Also I'd argue most of the Souls mechanics are actually fairly self explanatory. Where as I'd argue some of XCX's stuff is a bit more obtuse.

How do you continue the mission with the Black Skell?

Later on you get a quest from speaking to a NPC in the Administration district. It's pretty late into the game I think. I'd almost forgot about the previous quest by the time I got to it.

sensui-tomo

Because we've had souls games for years and so everyone is already used to the majority of it's mechanics?

Anything that has changed does get questions asked. Like the constant change of levelling up places. Just like you get people saying they didn't realise they could level up their skills in XCX, people in Dark Souls 2 commented how they managed to miss the NPC who levels you up for quite some time.

Also I'd argue most of the Souls mechanics are actually fairly self explanatory. Where as I'd argue some of XCX's stuff is a bit more obtuse.

Maybe i'm the oddball to see what options the menu has when i start a new game... and seeing the little X button and other buttons on the bottom of the stat pages and what not, I wonder if people know the fashion option exists.

Dimmle

]

...I also missed the Emerald Maiden for the first five hours or so of DSII.

*hangs head*

Zafir

Maybe i'm the oddball to see what options the menu has when i start a new game... and seeing the little X button and other buttons on the bottom of the stat pages and what not, I wonder if people know the fashion option exists.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I also checked all the menus straight away. :p

Glad I did. I'd have wasted so much class xp if I hadn't since it doesn't tell you about class swapping until end of chapter 3. I'd maxed Drifter WELL before that.

I can totally see how some people miss stuff though, when you consider practically every other game goes to the trouble of explaining systems and XCX really doesn't even despite it having more complicated systems than most games. The explanations is does give aren't particularly great either.

Honestly, although I am the kind of person to figure out stuff on my own, I think I'd rather games have optional tutorials. It doesn't hurt anyone.

-Horizon-

So before I did chapter 8 today, I did Hope's recruiting mission and went to cauldros. Haha that place and Sylvalum are literally death.

I mean the place looks cool but yeah, I don't want to spend any more time there than I need to.

Also when do I get my flight module??? D:

BY2K

Membero Americo
Btw, those enemies that drop the Crude Mask? They're goddamn bullshit.

I did their Time Attack Mission once and after I killed the first one the second one kept buffing itself non-stop and healing itself. It was virtually invincible. I couldn't do shit.

Fuck me...I went into spoiler thread on accident and didn't realize. I was all like "this is weird" followed shortly by "oh shit, abandon thread!"

Thankfully I didn't really see anything but a name.

Same thing happened to me. I saw (directed to those who have finished the game, of course)
something to do with Lao. My head is spinning with possibilities. Is he a traitor, or is he dead. Is some chick named Murderess a traitor? I don't really like how my own brain is trying to come up with every twist to spoil me, haha.

Anyway, I just got the Verus Skell because it came with G-Buster. I guess there was a reason that weapon was hyped up, haha. Also I need to learn how to make good color schemes because my Skells look awful.

So before I did chapter 8 today, I did Hope's recruiting mission and went to cauldros. Haha that place and Sylvalum are literally death.

I mean the place looks cool but yeah, I don't want to spend any more time there than I need to.

Also when do I get my flight module??? D:

Mission to get the flight module unlocks after chapter 9

Chi3fster

Banned
Go to the skills page and press X on a skill, exactly like how you level up arts.
Just upgraded my Skills, Elma's Skills, and my Melee arts to MAX (Galactic Knight).

They could have put a prompt on the menu that said "Press X to upgrade". I always knew that you could upgrade these things but never knew how and just forgot about them entirely.

Top Bottom