• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just did a setup to earn over 100K money / 20K Miranium this morning. I'm at Ch.10 / Lv35.

I saw other people in this thread doing setups to earn over 100K in Mirnaium... why would you need that much? Is there something else to do with it besides investing/refueling and L's shop? Is there some end game reason why you would need so much?

zroid

Banned
I just did a setup to earn over 100K money / 20K Miranium this morning. I'm at Ch.10 / Lv35.

I saw other people in this thread doing setups to earn over 100K in Mirnaium... why would you need that much? Is there something else to do with it besides investing/refueling and L's shop? Is there some end game reason why you would need so much?

There's stuff in the post game that requires spending 100k all at once

Once you master all the classes is drifter the best class to set due to having 5 skills since you can use all the weapons/arts for everything else anyway?

rhandino

Banned
Once you master all the classes is drifter the best class to set due to having 5 skills since you can use all the weapons/arts for everything else anyway?
I wonder because while the class offers not stat bonuses unlike the others those 5 skills slots seems handy.

jonjonaug

There's one thing in the post-game that's super useful and requires 100k to make.

Nope, other classes have specific stat bonus. Eg; Mastermind give you bonus in potential which is more than inner search skill at max, Full metal jaguar give you bonus in agility and melee.

Some Nobody

Why would I want to use a Skell in combat? It kind of seems like a terrible liability.

Skells inflict a ton of damage. Also if you have characters outside of Skells they get DEF bonuses.

They're only a liability if you face something that blows them up. This is the only reason I'm glad there's no auto-save--I can't afford to use up all my insurance, so I just reset.

hiryu64

Why would I want to use a Skell in combat? It kind of seems like a terrible liability.

More like why wouldn't you? You can kill things that are basically impossible on-foot, and completely wreck anything that isn't super-OP. It's like getting an extra 20 levels all at once. The only liability is if you lose your skell and fail the Soul Challenge--and even then, just join Prospectors and get Salvage Tickets. The only time I ever fight on-foot anymore is in closed quarters.

Honestly, I feel like Skells completely changed the game for me, and not in a completely good way. Made the game world seem MUCH smaller and less wondrous while completely changing the balance of fights. Don't get me wrong--I don't dislike them, but it's kind of sad that what was the main draw of the game ended up having a somewhat negative impact on me. Anyone else feel similar?

Lexxism

Yeah, definitely. Having a 100k storage of miranium and earning more than 60k of it is definitely needed. I mostly use it to refuel my Skell and use it to create stuff at AM termal and L's shop.

zroid

Banned
Honestly, I feel like Skells completely changed the game for me, and not in a completely good way. Made the game world seem MUCH smaller and less wondrous while completely changing the balance of fights. Don't get me wrong--I don't dislike them, but it's kind of sad that what was the main draw of the game ended up having a somewhat negative impact on me. Anyone else feel similar?

I think a lot of people felt that but this is why I went out of my way to do as much as possible on foot before getting my skells. I didn't even do the license exam till 80 hours in. At that point it didn't really leave a negative impression because I'd already experienced basically everything I could in the first three continents. All it did was open up more content.

rhandino

Banned
More like why wouldn't you? You can kill things that are basically impossible on-foot, and completely wreck anything that isn't super-OP. It's like getting an extra 20 levels all at once. The only liability is if you lose your skell and fail the Soul Challenge--and even then, just join Prospectors and get Salvage Tickets. The only time I ever fight on-foot anymore is in closed quarters.

The only negative I had against Skell is that make my core tema (Me, Elma, Lin and Yelv) Lvl. 45 when I'm not even at Chapter 9 because the Level 30 Inferno + E-Scythe and some Drones can wreck a LOT of big enemies which makes gaining levels incredible fast.

Of course, I got cocky and started to act a little more reckless and that resulted in constant destruction of my Skell and subsequent frustration until i decided to stop a biT.

shmoglish

No, you have to finish it before you can accept a story mission :(

Always save before starting an affinity mission.

This was Xenoblade for me for 8 hours during the Repair Job quest.

Now I save before I even start one.
Ah damn... Was my First so I did not think about it.

The repair Job for Lyn? That is my quest. No idea where to find The Puge dudes. Time to read a wiki. Thank you

Xenoboy

I've done some neat affinity missions today.
I did the one requiring 3 hearts with Doug, and man he's
cold-blooded.
And I still don't like him.

I also did the one introducing Celica and Rock, I like them though.
At what point will she become playable?

I also did two Mia missions, and she really is as great as everyone says. I can finally be someone's sensei.
And that reminds me, Bozé's 1st heart-to-heart was very funny, despite my mixed feelings on him. Katsu!

Also, and I'm sure it has been mentioned tons before but, WTF is with the music during cutscenes??! lol

Any patch or something coming to fix this mess?

rhandino

Banned
Why game, why don't you let me recruit a badass
Orphean warrior
?

1e251qS.gif

Yeah, they are self-proclaimed useless combatants but they could have give them outstanding stats while fighting on a Skell.

Also that one
Orphean
that was in the park and was saying that in the case that they were betrayed they would make us pay for it has mellowed a lot after some big sidequests and even told me that his contingency plan to destroy NLA in case of things got bad for them is no longer necessary since they trust in us.

Xenoboy

Oh yeah, I forgot that I also met another new race today... I don't even know what they are supposed do be...
It's the one that feeds on toxins, do they ever take of their mask? I just want to know if I'm able to see what's underneath that.

Beat the main story last night at 100 hours. Even with its mishaps, it was an awesome ride that isn't even halfway finished. Ready for that post-game grind. And if it wasn't for the last boss wrecking my face, I wouldn't have bothered to learn what it takes to get that overdrive cycle going for all that delicious damage.

Ares 90 and friends
, here I come!

Nah. While it does make lots of things easier, the other stuff you can access and run into can absolutely wreck your Skell. It felt more like "the real Xenoblade Chronicles X" starts here.

massoluk

Banned
I really hate this colour scheme, because in my head 'rainbow based difficultly level colour schemes' always start with blue, and end with purple being higher than red. Purple coming at the beginning throws me off completely and thirty hours in I'm still confused by it.

Fortunately the levels of enemies themselves are always clearly displayed.

Bwahahaha, I got it backward the entire 110 hrs I have been playing this game. I thought purple mean hard. That was how i was trained since I started playing videogame. Green, Yellow, Red, Purple. Wtf is purple doing at the other end in this game.

My god near endgame you're spending Bonjelium way faster than you can earn it. Well at least my rapid fire agni gatling bulid is finished (3 custom.wp.speed augments on it and the bulit-in one fully upgraded, the cooldown goes from 40 seconds to...I've not timed it but about 3 seconds?)

Maybe it wasn't the best thing to spend reward tickets on (you need around 58 White Yggralith Nut) but it is fun. I nearly ran out of fuel on the Telethia nemesis just from being able to constantly fire off a 200 fuel art. I do need to improve my timing on abusing the animation though. I would forget to cancel the useless end (which starts the cooldown sooner) and also didn't always time the animation so it was overlapping with the Telethia's sleep spell or topple abilities (if you time it you can bypass the status effect completely as you can't be put to sleep or toppled mid-art).

I've not seen any regarding earning that much (which I think might be impossible due to too few high level probes and mining spots). You can however store over 100k which is useful as it means you don't have to spend all you earn in one cycle though if you need to spend lots post game unlocks a support mission that can done in about a minute for 30,000 miranium.

Dimmle

Guys, please tell me that there's a speedo in the game somewhere. I need it for my dude. So far it seems like only women are allowed to show upper thigh.

looking @ amazon reviews, seems the print guide is total crap.

is there a definitive digital guide? i'm currently kinda playing at my own pace, but it would be nice to reference something if i get stuck on a side mission

Leveled my mechanical field skill to 4, any recommendations on biological vs. archeological next?

I did archaeological but I don't think it matters. I would however level them both together (e.g. level bio to level 3 before arch to level 4). High level treasures are rare so it makes more sense to raise them both.

also:
Do the "Off the record" basic mission to level Mechanical to level 5 first. >.>

vareon

Yes. Compare, for instance, a mission on the edge of Noctillum vs Sylvalum on foot and on Skell. The one on Noctillum felt more dangerous and adventure-ish while you can pretty much outrun any danger on Skell in Sylvalum. It's different and I kinda miss my on-foot adventures.

I felt that way too about the Skells so I always made sure to explore each new continent by foot and get as many probes as possible first. Outrunning / getting past dangerous indigens is one of my favorite parts of the game and I miss that sense of danger sometimes. Camera with a close zoom plus on foot is an amazing experience.

Plus I felt really accomplished when I was able to get to really high mountains and cliffs on foot by figuring out how to get up there (with a healthy spam of the jump button). It was like puzzle solving.

When I got flight however, I was able to experience a different kind of majesty. That was true freedom. Go anywhere you want. Go as high as you want. I routinely fly across multiple continents and its always awesome to experience.

When I got flight however, I was able to experience a different kind of majesty. That was true freedom. Go anywhere you want. Go as high as you want. I routinely fly across multiple continents and its always awesome to experience.

And being able to thrash the things that you were dodging felt so good, granted there's loads to be wary of. I still get a kick out of walking over enemies like the Prone and Milsaadi over and over again.

is there a definitive digital guide? i'm currently kinda playing at my own pace, but it would be nice to reference something if i get stuck on a side mission
Personally, if I'm ever conflicted on something (usually a choice in a quest), I just Google for any notable differences. I bought the guide and I suppose it's nice as a collector's item, but as a guide, it's pretty horrible. I kinda regret purchasing it, but I was lured in with "sale" and "limited" and "15% off code."

And being able to thrash the things that you were dodging felt so good, granted there's loads to be wary of. I still get a kick out of walking over enemies like the Prone and Milsaadi over and over again.

Thats definitely a great feeling too. "Hey, remember me from 5 hours ago? Fuck you!!!! *10 second long G-Buster slash animation*"

I got cocky when I first got my Skell. Even with a lvl. 20, I was still wrecking stuff. It was like that scene in Pacific Rim where the dude was saying how when you're piloting a Jaegar, you feel like you can take on anything. A hurricane, giant monsters, you feel invincible. Getting Skells in this game really made me feel that way though I love the game for humbling me soon after.

Running over low level enemies is also a lot of fun, except when you dont want to. There have been numerous times when I'm trying to pick up an item but my team runs over some puges or marmucks and I have to fight these guys before I can go about my business.

Zafir

Its utter rubbish, it's more like a summary than a guide. It lists everything, but it doesn't really tell you what, where, when or how.

Honestly I'd just play through the game without a guide, and if you get stuck on something, google or check the spreadsheet in the OP.

I wish that little "offline" line wouldn't persist through every screen of the game. So many quality of life fixes could really alleviate some annoyances I have with the game.

Top Bottom