• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

So...I'm trying to do the Affinity Quests for Chapter 11

The first one
was just awful. A fucking cat? Seriously? Tranq the damn cat. On better thought? Shoot the guy, cuz he's an idiot. And fuck the cutscenes in this are long as hell.

The second one
I can't even do because the guy I needed for the first quest I haven't used before doing that one. What the hell. I barely have L to a half a heart, how am I supposed to get this chucklefuck to a full heart?

Starting from a few chapters back when I noticed elma and lin were at max affinity I stopped using them when doing and completing non-affinity and story quests. You miss out on the exp bonus points but they are negligible anyhow. More important are the affinity points you get during quests. Even the simple gathering quests I'd only accept them from the board if all 3 of my teammates didn't have full affinity.
Also, when you're doing heart to hearts, bring along characters that don't have max affinity as well. It helped a lot as now I don't really have to affinity grind. At pre-chapter 12 I'm at full hearts for Lao, Elma, Lin, Celica, Hope, Murderess, Irina, and Doug. I think Nagi has 4 hearts and Gwin has like 2 with L at 1. I just wish I was doing this at an earlier point in the game so I'd have even more affinity points filled up as I'm sure a lot of wasted answers went to Elma and Lin when they were already at max.

Affinity in this game is annoying to build but it was even more annoying in the first game where each character had to build affinity with one another -- this one is just with the main character.

So talking to random NPCs outside of BLADE tower hoping they could fill the segment a few points south (that one
is the divine nopon at night time provided you've done that quest and is another of those A or B, affinity chart update and segment completed segments
) and I found out why C&C gear looks like it came straight of an anime. Of course this also makes what an NPC says later on about not being able to
translate Japanese and French data from the white lifehold
seem odd. I mean
you have non-American culture but no means to translate? (who am I kidding, they were watching dubs)

200 TP for each cast seems decent enough, if it doesn't take too long I'll farm a couple of those.

I'm using Knife/Psycho Launcher so I don't think I have any ''recover TP skill'', besides the one which gives me back 1000 TP (+ potential boost) but also costs 1000 TP.
A thing you can also also try to do is have two party members with level 5 last stand. Once one of them gets to 1000 TP they can use last stand to spend 1000 TP to give the rest of the party 2000 TP. I've not personally tried it though. Apparently when you do last stand the AI is pretty good at responding.

Reached that 100% survey rate, feels good but also kind of empty. The whole ride was amazing and I didn't want it to end.

Time to complete my final skell and wreck everything for fun.
I'm getting towards that (overall 97%, New LA and Primordia are 100%). Some of the segments left are annoying as it is tyrants I have no info on (so could be time or weather based, I think I've exhausted the basic mission board for tyrants too which has been a huge help) and I even have some normal missions in Sylvalim.

I also have one chest in Oblivia that I have no clue how to reach. It sort of appears on the minimap while in the segment but I can't figure out how to reach it almost seems like it is inside the rocks :(.

Gonna be a long time before I can make a ground build that can wreck that seidr in that definian cave. No clue how to deal with it. And that chimeroid in that Noctilum cave too.

Postgame question:

There are still some normal missions left for me to do on my FrontierNav map, but I can't seem to find their clients. And there are no missions on the mission board to point me to them.

Do I need to do something first to unlock them?

Postgame question:

There are still some normal missions left for me to do on my FrontierNav map, but I can't seem to find their clients. And there are no missions on the mission board to point me to them.

Do I need to do something first to unlock them?

I think you need to increase survey rate to unlock more.

Haunted

I entered the Noctilum sphere.

NOPE

My Ares 90 got fucking wrecked. Guess that's one of the post-game things I won't do. >_>

zroid

Banned
Hit level 40 recently and was checking out the lv40 Photon Saber you can craft... honestly, not really in love with the battle traits? The lv20 model which I have seems better tbh.

Gonna be a long time before I can make a ground build that can wreck that seidr in that definian cave. No clue how to deal with it. And that chimeroid in that Noctilum cave too.
I beat the Chimera once and it required an AI teamamte (a level 60 scout) to revive me (it didn't drop the ether longsword, looks like Galaxy Chief will live another day) and my other 3 attempts were a complete mess. My observations:

The thing can hit so quickly it makes short works of decoys, it has pretty good evade too. Then there is the matter of virus stripping away your ability to use ranged and control too (which can happen during overdrive, I seriously though I'd broken the game when all my arts vanished on the overdrive screen).

I feel making a tanking build would be fun (apparently you'll need well over 100 resist to resist control :( ) but at the same time just going hyper offense is the safest and fastest route?

It had an interesting mechanic where halfway it summons a load of enemies then proceeds to eat them for buffs (my AI team mates would target these enemies while I waited for them to hit 3000TP). Seems most the higher level enemies have cool mechanics like this. The strongest prone summons a firing squad :p

I entered the Noctilum sphere.

NOPE

My Ares 90 got fucking wrecked. Guess that's one of the post-game things I won't do. >_>
I've seen videos of that solod with Ares 90 but I'm guessing it needs a lot of augments put into its frame (element resist to the armour pieces, frame with ether up, weapons with slayer etc), maybe some upgrades too and appropriate skell wear.

It comes to the point of is farming the global nemesis for all the parts (unless the enmeis are more efficient) worth it to fill out those last few segments. There is also the matter of would a non-ares have an easier time or would that required even more augments.

Chastten

Banned
Once you get an Ares, grinding becomes incredibly easy. Managed to get another Ares 70 as well as 2 Ares 90's in one night.

With those 4 unchanged Skells I can easily kill the level 60 world boss around 50 times before time runs out, he can't even touch an Ares. I can only imagine how much more powerfull they are once upgraded and augmented.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Got a couple of questions about chapter 12
is it the last story mission? is there any reason for me to wait before doing it?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
With those 4 unchanged Skells I can easily kill the level 60 world boss around 50 times before time runs out, he can't even touch an Ares. I can only imagine how much more powerfull they are once upgraded and augmented.
But Blossom Dance build can generate hundreds of kills by itself...

Finished the game today, what an enjoyable ride.

Anyone else do a complete 180 on their opinion of Tatsu? I don't know when or how, but towards the later parts of the game I started enjoying his little side comments and general cheerleading for the group. Though the whole "I'm gonna eat you" banter Lin tossed out got a little tiresome. I even did a 180 on my feelings of all the verbal music tracks... I found myself humming along.

Anyways, whens the sequel!?

Golnei

Guys, please tell me that there's a speedo in the game somewhere. I need it for my dude. So far it seems like only women are allowed to show upper thigh.

No, you disgusting pervert. There was a fundoshi in the game, but it was thankfully removed from the Western release.

Eww that doesnt fit celica at all :(

It represents her acclimatisation into human culture, and her growing self-confidence.

Dimmle

I'll pose my strange question one more time: are there any speedos available? Trunks are the shortest thing I've found for men.

Blues1990

Anyone else do a complete 180 on their opinion of Tatsu? I don't know when or how, but towards the later parts of the game I started enjoying his little side comments and general cheerleading for the group. Though the whole "I'm gonna eat you" banter Lin tossed out got a little tiresome. I even did a 180 on my feelings of all the verbal music tracks... I found myself humming along.

I have no strong opinion of Tatsu. His turnip-style outfit & backpack make him look cute, but he can sometimes get annoting during the games most intense moments. Lin's final affinity mission & seeing Tatsu's family during his AM was pretty hilarious.

It was different with the games OST, as I had fallen in love with it the moment the game booted up.

Fandangox

Finished the game today, what an enjoyable ride.

Anyways, whens the sequel!?

No.

He's a mistake, nothing but trash.

Dimmle

You already have your answer - there really is nothing. Why does this matter so much for you?
It's for my art.

And I don't feel like googling "xenoblade male thong."

Anyway, what's up with that? The dichotomy between male and female gear in this game is a little fucked, right?

Why the fuck does Trump Arenatects hit so hard and have so much HP at lvl 16? My whole party is 18-19 and get rekt about halfway through the fight...

Golnei

It's for my art.

And I don't feel like googling "xenoblade male thong."

Anyway, what's up with that? The dichotomy between male and female gear in this game is a little fucked, right?

It's the standard MMO armour discrepancy - men get to be tin cans, women get thongs. I'd prefer the sets to be the same for both (especially since it'd decrease the overall amount of asset creation required) but the current state of affairs clearly exists for a reason. The audience at large doesn't want to see men in antigravity jockstraps, or have to torturously comb through every available set of armour for a given female character in order to finally find their cherished fishnet battle bikini. A couple of complaints surface every now and then with the current approach, but making the armour as genderless as possible would seriously impact the sales of the game.

Dimmle

It's the standard MMO armour discrepancy - men get to be tin cans, women get thongs. I'd prefer the sets to be the same for both (especially since it'd decrease the overall amount of asset creation required) but the current state of affairs clearly exists for a reason. The audience at large doesn't want to see men in antigravity jockstraps, or have to torturously comb through every available set of armour for a given female character in order to finally find their cherished fishnet battle bikini.

Yeah, I'm not huge into MMO's so this was a new phenomenon (the gear discrepancy, not double standards in general). I don't live on a coast but I wasn't aware diving suits had such prominent underboob. Swimming trunks it is, then!

It's the standard MMO armour discrepancy - men get to be tin cans, women get thongs. I'd prefer the sets to be the same for both (especially since it'd decrease the overall amount of asset creation required) but the current state of affairs clearly exists for a reason. The audience at large doesn't want to see men in antigravity jockstraps, or have to torturously comb through every available set of armour for a given female character in order to finally find their cherished fishnet battle bikini. A couple of complaints surface every now and then with the current approach, but making the armour as genderless as possible would seriously impact the sales of the game.

you manage to be serious and not serious in a single post, and it's really confusing lol

Completely forgot to upgrade Nagi's skills...

Why does he have more HP than his skell now? Two HP% boosing skills?

New goal, how much HP can I cram into him.

Does anyone know a good place to get Auroran Bones? The game is being a right jerk about spawning them. I'm using the spreadsheet and it's still taking forever. They spawn in caves or the northernmost part of Primordia.

jonjonaug

Does anyone know a good place to get Auroran Bones? The game is being a right jerk about spawning them. I'm using the spreadsheet and it's still taking forever. They spawn in caves or the northernmost part of Primordia.

Caves. That's about it. It's the rarest type of item in all places it can show up.

Astral Dog

ugh, just waiting for those credits to fill up before i can buy another Lv50 Medium Skell, three should be enough to take on the Final Boss.
Damn low credits. already did the farming cave.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
ugh, just waiting for those credits to fill up before i can buy another Lv50 Medium Skell, three should be enough to take on the Final Boss.
Damn low credits. already did the farming cave.

You can absolutely roll the final boss with one light and one heavy, 3 would be overkill.

alvis.exe

Oh yeah, I forgot that I also met another new race today... I don't even know what they are supposed do be...
It's the one that feeds on toxins, do they ever take of their mask? I just want to know if I'm able to see what's underneath that.

I love those guys. I think there's some concept art for what you're asking though, not sure if it happens in-game.

Astral Dog

You can absolutely roll the final boss with one light and one heavy, 3 would be overkill.

well with how the (main) game has been so far you might be right. then i buy a Light one instead.

Its just that i remember trying the 50 Medium one and considered it kinda underwhelming even compared to my other LV.30 Heavy one for some reason.

-Horizon-

Finished a couple more missions, I'm getting close to 100 hours (one more day of play till then I guess).

It feels like most of the crap that happens in NLA seems to be because of
those shapeshifters trying to cause trouble from within, like I didn't expect that to be the reason behind crazy fraisie

Also Tobias...

WVW69iuxdqkt2XTCBg

So many jerks in this game.

I also did the celeste three mission
lol
brahs, you thought you tricked me and were gonna finish me in the caves? look again I brought my mechs too and they're gonna pound your faces in

Top Bottom