• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

this ether build I'm doing is great but I need to gain TP much faster. what are the best augments for that?

There are augments that give you TP for melee/range auto attacks, using artes, taking damage among other things.

The best ones cost a lot of materials though. Like the one that gives you 200 TP for using an arte you need 32x of a bunch of materials IIRC.

If you have Fast Forward (reduce cooldown on artes used in a melee combo) or its ranged equivalent then I would go for the TP gain on arte use augments since you'll be using a lot of artes within a short period of time. You can then combine that with the skill that gives you TP for using melee/range artes (double gain if used while under the effects of an aura).

Anybody know where to farm ciniculas? I'm trying to develop some level 40 weapons and I used up all my tickets. Need the 'thick cinicula horn'.

Asking this again, am I the only one who pushed the quest in this direction? It's Trade Agreement, the Miralife trading card quest. I started the trade chain in the Admin District's hanger area and traded a Cinicula card for a Meal Ticket. I have no idea who to give the meal ticket to and none of the FAQs seem to address this path. Anyone?

Asking this again, am I the only one who pushed the quest in this direction? It's Trade Agreement, the Miralife trading card quest. I started the trade chain in the Admin District's hanger area and traded a Cinicula card for a Meal Ticket. I have no idea who to give the meal ticket to and none of the FAQs seem to address this path. Anyone?
There's a
female Prone
in Armory Alley, near L's Shop, who will take the meal ticket and continue the quest.

TM25

Neo Member
Is evasion still good in this game? Nearly maxed out that specific AM and wondering if the loss in defence is worth it for evasion.

Dimmle

The Doug and Vandham performances are pretty strong. I also think Lin's actress does a respectable job with delivering the worst recurring joke in JRPG history.

This game is fantastic. It also feels, to me, A LOT like the true successor to Phantasy Star Online in ways. It's pretty clear in my mind that PSO had an influence on Takahashi's team this go around.

I don't think I'm anywhere near a Skell license yet (on ch. 4, I believe) and I already have close to 40 hours invested and level 30+ characters. I can see myself playing this for 100+ hours easy, maybe even into Souls/Fallout NV territory of 200+.

random25

Finished the game! That last battle was a bit easy. Guess I'm too strong lol.

Still have to finish some more missions to achieve 100% survey rate, but right now I can safely say that this game is my favorite all time and better overall than the first game, which is my former favorite all time, all things considered.

This game is fantastic. It also feels, to me, A LOT like the true successor to Phantasy Star Online in ways. It's pretty clear in my mind that PSO had an influence on Takahashi's team this go around.

I don't think I'm anywhere near a Skell license yet (on ch. 4, I believe) and I already have close to 40 hours invested and level 30+ characters. I can see myself playing this for 100+ hours easy, maybe even into Souls/Fallout NV territory of 200+.

TBH I want Monolith to make an actual Phantasy Star mainline entry. Xenoblade is practically a Phantasy Star game

Shit, just lost like 5 hours of progress. Went to the title screen because I was disconnected and forgot to save. Wish this game had autosave :(

The Doug and Vandham performances are pretty strong. I also think Lin's actress does a respectable job with delivering the worst recurring joke in JRPG history.

Honestly aside from the direction Glass got for Elma, the VA is very good in this game. Lin is excellent.

What the fuck @ the Ovah being
a virus.
I found that to be surprising too
at the same time it makes sense as there are some parasitic organisms in nature that change the behavior of their hosts. Curiously for the Orphen it doesn't seem to be a disadvantage though and it is interesting how they acknowledge as an entity while knowing what it really is.

random25

Ok.

Just did Nagi's 2nd Affinity mission. He's Dunban level of badass.

Look at those abs...

oANAtrM.jpg

Narras

The Bihabba and Heradot quest has got to be the funniest one in the game. I was literally laughing at what was happening. It was definitely worth the 500k. I'd pay up again to see it.

I found that to be surprising too
at the same time it makes sense as there are some parasitic organisms in nature that change the behavior of their hosts. Curiously for the Orphen it doesn't seem to be a disadvantage though and it is interesting how they acknowledge as an entity while knowing what it really is.

It kind of makes sense, but it also really doesn't. They act like they "listen" to it, and they describe it as something like having hunches, but a virus that affects your psychology isn't going to be something you'd be aware of in that way.

Video games!

So after 24 hrs finally got my Skell license. Took the Skell you get for a spin against a lvl 32 mob (I'm lvl 27) and got bodied so hard. What am I doing wrong? Is it a shit Skell?

Dawg

So after 24 hrs finally got my Skell license. Took the Skell you get for a spin against a lvl 32 mob (I'm lvl 27) and got bodied so hard. What am I doing wrong? Is it a shit Skell?

You using that free level 20 skell? That one is shit.

The one at lvl 30 are so much better.

The best ones cost a lot of materials though. Like the one that gives you 200 TP for using an arte you need 32x of a bunch of materials IIRC.

Life is easier if you farm drops with 'hard to make' mods on it, and then just farm the 'easy to make' mods and install em. It's not that hard to farm Arts: TP Weaponry. You probably only need 1, and it can be on either your melee or ranged weapon.

So I finally finished Rise of the Blood Lobster after who knows how long
but after all that trouble he put me through, I still couldn't bring myself to kill him. Geez, you could write a novel with how elaborate this quest line was.

but after all that trouble he put me through, I still couldn't bring myself to kill him. Geez, you could write a novel with how elaborate this quest line was.

I refused to kill him. A villain wins by getting what they want at the end. If he wants to die by the hands of justice, then to truly foil a villain you need to keep them alive.

Delstius

Reached that 100% survey rate, feels good but also kind of empty. The whole ride was amazing and I didn't want it to end.

Time to complete my final skell and wreck everything for fun.

Finalow

that fucking giant plant Tyrant in Cauldros one-shots my whole level 50 Skells party.

not cool

There are augments that give you TP for melee/range auto attacks, using artes, taking damage among other things.

If you have Fast Forward (reduce cooldown on artes used in a melee combo) or its ranged equivalent then I would go for the TP gain on arte use augments since you'll be using a lot of artes within a short period of time. You can then combine that with the skill that gives you TP for using melee/range artes (double gain if used while under the effects of an aura).
Artes gain TP isn't fast enough with the TP skill?
200 TP for each cast seems decent enough, if it doesn't take too long I'll farm a couple of those.

I'm using Knife/Psycho Launcher so I don't think I have any ''recover TP skill'', besides the one which gives me back 1000 TP (+ potential boost) but also costs 1000 TP.

that's the quest where you have to collect 99 of those lobster dolls right? They must be hidden well because I haven't found one yet after something like 80 hours. I don't really care about getting them all but I was expecting to spot a few while casually exploring NLA.

I refused to kill him. A villain wins by getting what they want at the end. If he wants to die by the hands of justice, then to truly foil a villain you need to keep them alive.

Yeah there is that, but part of me still wanted to like him. When I first met Justin in the beginning, his love of justice and passion as a Mediator (which is my division) made me wish he was a party member. Especially since he refused to fight those that were just common thugs. He mentioned how he always wanted to meet a real hero, I didn't think that he always wanted to die by one. I guess Justin loved justice a little too much, but he does appeal to the games more death seeking characters like Lao.

Vena

Finding meaningful lore in the little blue bubbles is so strange. For anyone curious (post-game):

There's a Nopon in the Oblivia caravan who talks about humans getting their real bodies back in the near future.

Just about to hit the 60 hour mark, have one level 50 Skell, all my characters are level 60 and I'm about to start Chapter 10. Here's my pros and cons list.

Pros:
1. Great characters and side characters. Fantastic affinity missions that really feel impact and impart story on you.
2. Goddamn scale, man! Nothing compares to me in games. Open world + open world that works completely with 3 different scaling types of transportation.
3. Crazy great battle system. Skell combat, ground combat, arts, skills, the whole shebang and creating your own character. All fantastic.
4. Character customization. Love it, and really enjoyed making my own personal character.
5. Haven't been there yet, but from what I hear the "post-game" and all that surrounds it is excellence and gives you options ongoing. Love that even if I don't NEED to do it.

Cons:
1. As stated routinely, needing to bring Elma and Lin with you gets in the way of truly building your team.
2. Dialogue options are superfluous. I like them, I like the writing, and I love building my character, but they have exactly zero to do with anything in building my character (at least up until the point I'm at.)
3. Ways for gaining money and building out a good system for that seems tedious. I hear it gets irrelevant later on, but grinding normal quests while waiting for enough cash for my next Skell was a bit of a drag and seems a bit padding.
4. Overall story arc seems relatively tame, but again - NOT done yet, so we'll see. I definitely prefer the character moments to advancing the main plot though.

Overall I love this goddamn game. Would give it a 9/10. It's an extremely flawed labor of love and I can't wait to see what they do next.

Top Bottom