• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Delstius

I'm getting towards that (overall 97%, New LA and Primordia are 100%). Some of the segments left are annoying as it is tyrants I have no info on (so could be time or weather based, I think I've exhausted the basic mission board for tyrants too which has been a huge help) and I even have some normal missions in Sylvalim.

I also have one chest in Oblivia that I have no clue how to reach. It sort of appears on the minimap while in the segment but I can't figure out how to reach it almost seems like it is inside the rocks :(.

Usually you can get the info for weather based tyrants at the different camps on each map. Some are almost impossible to see without those tips.
For your issue in Oblivia, if it's the one SW of FN306 you have to fly very low in the abyss to see it. If not it's probably one in a cave and the entrance is often near but might be tricky.

Has anyone found a fourth halo?

I have 3 and I think they all come from normal quests like the wings and horns. I tried refreshing the basic mission board and none showed as reward.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
So I'm on chapter 12 and
I beat the boss but fucked up and all my skells are dead and these lizard fuckers are impossible
is there some kind of trick I'm missing or am I fucked?

I'm about 2/3rds of the way building my Fuck Telethia skell build, went to test it out and two-shot it. Impressive, but I need more power. I won't rest until that ballache is dead in one hit and a tap.

Zafir

Anybody? Recommended party members/arts?

Well it's worth noting size matters just as much as their level.

The bigger they are, the more health and power they have, despite their level.

I think Elma mentions it pretty early on, I recall their being a chart that pops up too.

Guys, I ... suck at this game... I'm trying to do "Myles To Go" and I cannot defeat that fish thing and I've tried like 3 times. I was really close once though. Any tips. Is there likea weapon I need to buy in order to get stronger?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh god. I just got the first Tatsu cutscene, where you meet him. So painful. And not because of Tatsu himself. But Lin...god Lin, why is everything so awful about Lin in that scene? I knew how anime of a game I was getting into, but that might have been too anime

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Guys, I ... suck at this game... I'm trying to do "Myles To Go" and I cannot defeat that fish thing and I've tried like 3 times. I was really close once though. Any tips. Is there likea weapon I need to buy in order to get stronger?
Are you leveling your arts? How about class change?

So seriously, where do you get the repeatable quest to up affinity from? What is it called?

Network console in the barracks. Only available post-game. There are several missions that up affinity by varying amounts. The details are mentioned in the quest description.

KingBroly

Banned
Near the end of Chapter 11 and...

This game would be a lot better without online. When my character made a choice, a vital one, without my control or opinion, it was a major disconnect. Then I have all these online notifications pop-up during the cutscene and I'm just 'man, this shit just isn't necessary. It gets in the way.'

Teknoman

Oh god. I just got the first Tatsu cutscene, where you meet him. So painful. And not because of Tatsu himself. But Lin...god Lin, why is everything so awful about Lin in that scene? I knew how anime of a game I was getting into, but that might have been too anime

The worst part is that Lin actually isnt that bad of a kid character aside from her "I wanna eat Tatsu" teasing. Of course everyone seems to do it.

SO im on chapter 4 now, and it looks like my party opened up. i was wondering if i should keep doing story missions or go and max out the primordia map. i tried picking up some missions but they were either to kill tyrants much higher level then me, or go kill enemies in continents i havent been to yet. is this a case where i need to be do stuff besides the story first or keep doing story missions until it locks me out of doing the next one?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Near the end of Chapter 11 and...

This game would be a lot better without online. When my character made a choice, a vital one, without my control or opinion, it was a major disconnect. Then I have all these online notifications pop-up during the cutscene and I'm just 'man, this shit just isn't necessary. It gets in the way.'
You can turn those off...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The worst part is that Lin actually isnt that bad of a kid character aside from her "I wanna eat Tatsu" teasing. Of course everyone seems to do it.

Honestly, even that overdone joke started to grow on me by the end. Tatsu is no Rikki, but then again there's only 1 true Heropon.

Also, after finally finishing up the story I can say that
Lao
went from being t
hat dude, to my dawg, to a fucking bastard, and back to my dawg
at the very end.

They need to announce the sequel already, I got to know how this shit turns out.

SO im on chapter 4 now, and it looks like my party opened up. i was wondering if i should keep doing story missions or go and max out the primordia map. i tried picking up some missions but they were either to kill tyrants much higher level then me, or go kill enemies in continents i havent been to yet. is this a case where i need to be do stuff besides the story first or keep doing story missions until it locks me out of doing the next one?

The basic missions you're describing only exist as stuff to do as you're out in the world doing story, affinity and normal missions. Go do some normal and affinity quests, those are the real bread and butter of the game and is where most of the real storytelling is done.

bart64

Banned
Have you been paying attention to TP? It carries over from battle to battle, so you can use surrounding enemies to charge it up, then use overdrive or healing to get the edge. There are a bunch of overlapping systems and learning any one can give you a nice boost--gear, augments, skills, art upgrades... Unless I'm thinking of another mission and your're way ahead of me!!!

The basic missions you're describing only exist as stuff to do as you're out in the world doing story, affinity and normal missions. Go do some normal and affinity quests, those are the real bread and butter of the game and is where most of the real storytelling is done.

ok thanks. btw ive read where the affinity missions lock you out of story missions, and there was 1 where you needed some rare item from the probe i think, that you have a chance of getting like once a day or some shit. what are they for? are they similar to the heart 2 heart cutscenes from xenoblade?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Holy shit. Right now Elma is so much more fun to control in combat than my guy

You could just make him her exact spec you know.

ok thanks. btw ive read where the affinity missions lock you out of story missions, and there was 1 where you needed some rare item from the probe i think, that you have a chance of getting like once a day or some shit. what are they for? are they similar to the heart 2 heart cutscenes from xenoblade?

It's every half hour, you just need to put some mining probes down and make sure that at least one of them gathers that resource. You can literally be done with that part of the quest before you even accept it.

Always save before you accept an affinity quest and after you finish one, never during.

The story of X is structured like a TV show. The affinity quests are like episodes of a TV show focusing on specific characters. The story quests are the main plot and the normal quests are the things going on in the background that eventually build up and enter the main plot/character plots.

looking for oc-serv the ancient at Searoad in Sylvalum

where is he hidden?

Oh and I would reach 100% faster if I did not have so many Arms Tester Wanted quests
I hate those

Delstius

looking for oc-serv the ancient at Searoad in Sylvalum

where is he hidden?

Oh and I would reach 100% faster if I did not have so many Arms Tester Wanted quests
I hate those

He's inactive south of FN420 (east side of the map) near some villainous caecus, you have to walk near to wake him.
For the arm tester quest you can let someone else on your team handle the weapon if that's an issue for you.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Like 10, maybe a little more.

Oh nice! I think I'm just starting to get into this game from a mechanical perspective, even as I sit here yawning at a chapter ending cutscene that is, apparently, Elma awkwardly trying to explain the multiplayer stuff to me without coming out and saying "press the START button to pull up your menu"

He's inactive south of FN420 (east side of the map) near some villainous caecus, you have to walk near to wake him.
For the arm tester quest you can let someone else on your team handle the weapon if that's an issue for you.

Lots of mechanical enemies like the pretend they're wrecks on the ground. Maybe he's hiding

found thanks guys

now I need Florence the Hell Maggot lol at these names

Haunted

So seriously, where do you get the repeatable quest to up affinity from? What is it called?
Network console in the barracks -> "support missions", there are a bunch to choose from for various level ranges. I think the bottom ones are the ones for affinity and Blade points.

What's the cast size grow to eventually anyway? I'm aware I'll get some black haired guy at some point also, but how many total?
19 including your created character.

Golnei

If you think Elma's class is cool, wait until you unlock the ones with the lightsabers and their arts.

Or when you can start combining the two.

That is the worst part of it, in a way. It'd be different if the Tatsu jokes were tied to an obnoxious screeching loli who constantly compared her breast size to adult women and fawned over the avatar while making romantic advances on him and calling him onii-chan at every opportunity; but she's actually a fairly decent child character.

The closest comparison I can think of is how the magic panties jokes surrounding Trucy got old quickly in Apollo Justice, but that wasn't anywhere near the saturation of "Tatsu not food".

I don't live on a coast but I wasn't aware diving suits had such prominent underboob. Swimming trunks it is, then!

When pressurised space suits are regularly depicted with generous cleavage and butt windows, a wetsuit designed like spandex fetish gear is on the lower end of eyebrow-raising decisions.

One thing I noticed is that it seems in this game you don't really need to pay attention to your party members that much. In the sense that it's better to just put together a good build on your character once you're far enough along into the game. My Photon Saber/Dual Gun build while not perfect melts through most things pretty quickly far outpacing my team in terms of damage. It's a bit different when it comes to Skells since those are completely customize-able so the damage is consistent regardless of who pilots it.

Contrast this to Chronicles on Wii where you needed to work with your team (ignoring Dunban) to topple enemies, avoid bad visions and rally your allies when necessary. There's also the Chain Attack which is an attack that involves all party members where as in X it's replaced by the Overdrive which is a solo mechanic that doesn't require any interaction with the rest of your party. Soul Voice is a nice mechanic but I kind of feel like it isn't enough.

What you get in the end is something that feels like it doesn't focus as much on the party but more so on individual performance. For their next game I would like to see more mechanics that involve your party working together, as I greatly enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles take on party interactivity in combat.

ugoo18

I really wish you could buy Miranium with credits, considering the whole connected nature of online with squads, a miranium market that sells it based on varying supply and demand seems like something that should be present. Unless i completely missed it and you can somewhere.

I've got over 30 million credits but ticket farming the Final menace burns through fuel for 3 Ares 90s and my custom Skell. Doing that Scouting mission for 30000 miranium is not really suitable as the AI tends to go big or go home with attacks (Super Weapons Super weapons everywhere) thereby burning through more fuel. I could do it on foot but the few seconds it'd take me to phoenix everything vs travelling on foot to blitz everything discourages me from that.

Top Bottom