• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Vena

Yeah I think I've done enough on the % front so need to get the base stats up higher now.

You may be right on %-modifiers from armor/weapons being separate but I've done tests with the Boost.EVA across armor/weapons and seen it cap out at 100%. Though I want to go back and check that to make sure it is actually true and that I didn't make a mistake.

NZerker12

So this happened when I defeated a
sentry
with tornado blade inside the water plant.

sPD7cZt.jpg

5wsjk5W.jpg

It also causes a weird day/nightime hybrid as well.

XIlU5f8.jpg

john tv

So I just finished the story campaign.
Grats! What levels were you and what Skells did you use? I took a run at it myself (around the same time as you, hah), but (WARNING: end boss spoilers)
I got my ass handed to me during the first phase of the Lao fight.
Two level 50 Skells, two level 30 Skells, everyone around base level 55. I felt like if I had four level 50 Skells, it would've at least been manageable, but IDK, I also ignored augments and gear pretty much all game, so now I wonder if I need to put some serious focus on equipment and augments to make the final battle more reasonable.

Grats! What levels were you and what Skells did you use? I took a run at it myself (around the same time as you, hah), but (WARNING: end boss spoilers)
Two level 50 Skells, two level 30 Skells, everyone around base level 55. I felt like if I had four level 50 Skells, it would've at least been manageable, but IDK, I also ignored augments and gear pretty much all game, so now I wonder if I need to put some serious focus on equipment and augments to make the final battle more reasonable.

FINAL BOSS SPOILERS

The last fight is pretty easy with Skells if you have a super weapon like the Hexad Partican (which you can get from Alexa's 2nd or 3rd Affinity Quest IIRC). Of course with the last part being on foot you have to deal with it in Ground Gear, but you can fire off a shot of the Partican before all of your fuel is drained if your're fast enough.

what class do you need to unlock that sword?

It's a Longsword so Striker > Samurai Gunner > Duelist.

I know that
Nagi
comes with one but I'm wondering if there's one that drops off of a Tyrant or something because I would like one for myself.

ugoo18

FINAL BOSS SPOILERS

The last fight is pretty easy with Skells if you have a super weapon like the Hexad Partican (which you can get from Alexa's 2nd or 3rd Affinity Quest IIRC). Of course with the last part being on foot you have to deal with it in Ground Gear, but you can fire off a shot of the Partican before all of your fuel is drained if your're fast enough.

I know that
Nagi
comes with one but I'm wondering if there's one that drops off of a Tyrant or something because I would like one for myself.

The one i'm using is dropped by
Daadan, The Strongest Prone (FN307 and he's level 77)
it's the
Mighty Glaive: Galaxy Chief

-Horizon-

FINAL BOSS SPOILERS

I know that
Nagi

I know what I need to work on later then :3

hiryu64

Overdrive damage scaling.

Thanks. Finally taking combat seriously. The Byzantine menu structure and combat mechanics just kind of made my eyes glaze over and forced me to brute-force my way through combat for most of the game, so now I'm trying to actually consider stats and things.

I know that
Nagi

You want to farm Lugalbanda, The Wanderer-King. He's a high level tyrant tucked away in a cave in Noctilum and drops a 444 attack power ether long sword (Receding Rust)which looks almost identical to that katana, but with gold trimming instead. It's an absolute monster. The tyrant can be pretty tricky to kill though.

You want to farm Lugalbanda, The Wanderer-King. He's a high level tyrant tucked away in a cave in Noctilum and drops a 444 attack power ether long sword (Receding Rust)which looks almost identical to that katana, but with gold trimming instead. It's an absolute monster. The tyrant can be pretty tricky to kill though.

Gotten that sword from a Treasure Deal o_O

Been using it for awhile now.

ugoo18

That's the sword i've been gunning for recently.... But that tyrant doesn't die for me. So grinding for a better setup to try killing it.

random25

Anybody knows where the Sylvalum caravan is? I have been looking for it for awhile now and I can't find it -_-

Cleansing Spring. Southeast part of the continent.

I like that sword. Its auto-attack damage swing is so huge, but melee arts damage are godlike. I only replaced it when I got a 500+ gravity-based katana (forgot the name).

The one i'm using is dropped by
Daadan, The Strongest Prone (FN307 and he's level 77)
it's the
Mighty Glaive: Galaxy Chief

Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll try killing both and then focus on putting something together to kill whoever seems to be the weaker of the two after I get decimated.

That's the sword i've been gunning for recently.... But that tyrant doesn't die for me. So grinding for a better setup to try killing it.

That's what happened to me too. I heard he dropped a good sword, rolled up to that cave fresh into the post game thinking I'd steamroll him despite neglecting my ground game since unlocking skells... big mistake.

its a fatty but i picked Asmodeus for me cause that Scythe
getting a Phoenix is also a good idea

Holy shit man I grabbed one Asmodeus for the moment and it is destroying. Managed to fight off a level 48 tyrant and gained a level off it. The jump from 30 to 33 took about 15-20 minutes completely insane. What do you mean by Phoenix though? Custom weapon or Skell?

I have a couple of questions. Been playing as much as possible around work and holiday real life stuff, I think I'm a little over 35 hours of playtime. Don't have a Skell yet, been exploring a lot, in the midst of chapter 6.

I always play Lifehold but I enjoy seeing what everyone else in the squad is up to. Do messages appear in real time? Seems like I see the same messages appear almost as if only a few people who have written are selected and shared. Can the main game be completed in the second multiplayer mode? Anyone here been primarily playing this as an mmo and if so, how has the experience been?

Where are these sightseeing spots and do I need a skell to find them? Also, I've used the probe guide from the first page to make sure I'm setting the main ones correctly, but I'm a little confused as to how the storage probes work. How do I know if miranium and such is being allocated there?

Anything special I should be doing in NLA besides affinity quests and armory alley (and of course the mission board)? Any guides here to augments and how to best make use of the shops?

Thanks <3

Do you really have to find each party member you recruit in the city before missions? It says I've just unlocked Doug and the other 2, but having trouble finding them/having them as party members?

Pappasman

So i just got some skells and I had a few questions. Is there any reason to fight on foot anymore? What are the point of arts and classes when I'm just going to be in a big robot the whole time?

So i just got some skells and I had a few questions. Is there any reason to fight on foot anymore? What are the point of arts and classes when I'm just going to be in a big robot the whole time?

There are many parts of the game where you won't be in a Skell or a Skell can't access so don't neglect your ground gear.

edit: And in some circumstances ground gear is more efficient than skells

Xenoboy

Cleansing Spring. Southeast part of the continent.

I like that sword. Its auto-attack damage swing is so huge, but melee arts damage are godlike. I only replaced it when I got a 500+ gravity-based katana (forgot the name).

Found it, thanks. This thing place, took over and hour. One step closer to making elder Nan happy!

Lv. 50 enemies love destroying skells so going by foot is the best choice sometimes!

2015.5.16_1-min.jpg

I see this pic been posted everywhere but people always forget to mention that you HAVE TO HAVE all the scenic view points in Oblivia to get 130k credits, otherwise you only get 90-100k.

Party at level 50. One level 50 skell, three level 30 skells.

I also ignored augments and upgrades all game, but for the final boss I did equip some augments (both to my characters and skells) and I also upgraded my equipped gear with the material I had available.

The whole fight was quite easy, except for the last part when he goes berserk on you.

LAST PART OF THE BOSS FIGHT:

You can't use your skells because Lao uses some sort of special attack that drains all your fuel.

And I'm not sure if this happened to everyone, but Lao went ape shit on me when he was JUST about to die. He killed my whole team out of nowhere and when he came for me, I ran to my skell and used one of those fuel tanks you get from division rewards. Then I unleashed all my arts before he could drain my fuel. :lol :lol :lol

He died and it was quite epic.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Holy shit man I grabbed one Asmodeus for the moment and it is destroying. Managed to fight off a level 48 tyrant and gained a level off it. The jump from 30 to 33 took about 15-20 minutes completely insane. What do you mean by Phoenix though? Custom weapon or Skell?
Phoenix is a Skell weapon, can reliably be farmed in Sylvalum.
I have a couple of questions. Been playing as much as possible around work and holiday real life stuff, I think I'm a little over 35 hours of playtime. Don't have a Skell yet, been exploring a lot, in the midst of chapter 6.

I always play Lifehold but I enjoy seeing what everyone else in the squad is up to. Do messages appear in real time? Seems like I see the same messages appear almost as if only a few people who have written are selected and shared. Can the main game be completed in the second multiplayer mode? Anyone here been primarily playing this as an mmo and if so, how has the experience been?

Where are these sightseeing spots and do I need a skell to find them? Also, I've used the probe guide from the first page to make sure I'm setting the main ones correctly, but I'm a little confused as to how the storage probes work. How do I know if miranium and such is being allocated there?

Anything special I should be doing in NLA besides affinity quests and armory alley (and of course the mission board)? Any guides here to augments and how to best make use of the shops?

Thanks <3
Some appear real-time, but popular messages are periodically cycled to all players. Leave most of the sightseeing spots to when you get a skell or a flying one. All miranium is stored; it goes nowhere else. Quests are littered about NLA, occasionally checking about for them isn't a bad idea; you're close to a skell though so best to wait till then I guess. Leave augments to post-game or when you're stuck. Level up Sakuraba.
Do you really have to find each party member you recruit in the city before missions? It says I've just unlocked Doug and the other 2, but having trouble finding them/having them as party members?
Yes, check you map on the gamepad and memorize where they are.

Some appear real-time, but popular messages are periodically cycled to all players. Leave most of the sightseeing spots to when you get a skell or a flying one. All miranium is stored; it goes nowhere else. Quests are littered about NLA, occasionally checking about for them isn't a bad idea; you're close to a skell though so best to wait till then I guess. Leave augments to post-game or when you're stuck. Level up Sakuraba.

Thank you! Do other players know when I've added their character to my party, for instance when I see one out while exploring and use them for the 30 minutes? Do they see any benefits and likewise if someone else were to use my character?

Would still love to know how the multiplayer element is in this. I'm a bit hesitant to try because I don't want to be too low level and thrust into something unprepared.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Thank you! Do other players know when I've added their character to my party, for instance when I see one out while exploring and use them for the 30 minutes? Do they see any benefits and likewise if someone else were to use my character?

Would still love to know how the multiplayer element is in this. I'm a bit hesitant to try because I don't want to be too low level and thrust into something unprepared.
Yes, whenever someone scouts you, you will see a notification on top-left that says so with the person who scouted you in the message. Benefits for being scouted include some EXP gain and an item of random rarity; these can be collected from the terminal to the right of the mission board. You will know when you have rewards waiting if the scout rewards icon is lit up on the gamepad. Scouting benefits the player by getting blade medals that they can use for actual multiplayer nemesis battles; these are pretty tough, best to have a lv 30 skell at least before you would probably enjoy it..

Yes, whenever someone scouts you, you will see a notification on top-left that says so with the person who scouted you in the message. Benefits for being scouted include some EXP gain and an item of random rarity; these can be collected from the terminal to the right of the mission board. You will know when you have rewards waiting if the scout rewards icon is lit up on the gamepad. Scouting benefits the player by getting blade medals that they can use for actual multiplayer nemesis battles; these are pretty tough, best to have a lv 30 skell at least before you would probably enjoy it..

You are so informative and helpful. I really appreciate your tips. If you have anything else to share based on your experience with the game I'd love to hear it.

Renewed

Saw the other outcome to the
quest where you have to defeat the Telethia or report back to the Orphe. Wish I kept the dialogue on hand because it was pretty interesting. Apparently the Ovah has a relation to the Telethia?

Anyways, now I can do whatever I want!

I should get every achievement....

TheFatMan

I see this pic been posted everywhere but people always forget to mention that you HAVE TO HAVE all the scenic view points in Oblivia to get 130k credits, otherwise you only get 90-100k.

That's not true. I got my income to 124k credits with that setup and only the scenic view points you can get on foot (like 2?).

When I got the rest with my flying Skell my income shot up to 245k from the rest of the view points.

bart64

Banned

i think people are just starting to mess around with the mulitplayer here, I haven't dared to try myself and I already have a skell. I did find this post from a japanese player on reddit helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3u77rz/xenoblade_x_multiplayer_information_thread/

Delstius

Saw the other outcome to the
quest where you have to defeat the Telethia or report back to the Orphe. Wish I kept the dialogue on hand because it was pretty interesting. Apparently the Ovah has a relation to the Telethia?

Yeah the Ovah and the Telethia come from the same world.

You may be right on %-modifiers from armor/weapons being separate but I've done tests with the Boost.EVA across armor/weapons and seen it cap out at 100%. Though I want to go back and check that to make sure it is actually true and that I didn't make a mistake.

Pretty sure it work that way too. I tried to raise the eva of my skell to insane lvl and at some point a +25% only was giving +8 when I was around 600.

Top Bottom