• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Jisgsaw

I think you'll find some food for thought in the spoiler thread

I'm stupid, I completely forgot it.
Thanks.

I hope the next Xenoblade game delves further into the ancient civilizations of Mira. I want to know more about the Cauldros kingdom and the origins of those discs in Oblivia.

Well, according to the spoiler thread,
there isn't really an official story behind the discs...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
There's so much that's aggravating in this game.
Yet I have thoroughly enjoyed most of my 130+ hours, and keep coming back for more.
I don't know what's going on.

Gambit

It seems like if I set Fashiom Gear for one character, it makes me show Fashion Gear for all?

I'm trying to have some characters do Fashion and some their actual equipment since my lists arent the same

I think the game will always show fashion gear first. So if for some characters you want to see what they currently look like with armour just take off their fashion gear. Voila!

It's how I am doing it, I think.

For example my hero keeps has changing armour but one arm remains the same throughout because I put that arm piece as fashion gear.

EDIT: I am now about 20 hours in and finished chapter 5. After initially being disappointed in the game, I am really enjoying it now. But for very different reasons than the Wii game. It feels like a modern Phantasy Star Online instead.

Loved the chapter 5 story btw.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
About to reach level 30 and would like advice on Skells. I have about $550k saved up, what should I do? Buy a few cheaper level 30 Skells for my teammates, or buy an Expensive Heavy mech like Admosius ($540k) just for myself?

random25

About to reach level 30 and would like advice on Skells. I have about $550k saved up, what should I do? Buy a few cheaper level 30 Skells for my teammates, or buy an Expensive Heavy mech like Admosius ($540k) just for myself?

Heavy skells are very friendly for a first time purchase because it's very durable and has tons of fuel. You can use it to do party leveling up when you kit it with a G-buster, a drone or a phoenix. Might as well go with that imo then slowly save up for more skells for your party.

Haunted

Why do people keep paying in with tank tops? I don't need any more goddamn tank tops.
I just checked out completely of the gear equip screen once I had to scroll past 17000 tank tops and shorts and furry ears.

Equip Strongest Gear, done.

Dineren

Banned
I feel like I am cheating myself of a grand adventure

I am in NLA and a mission target is all the way in Cauldros
I wonder if I would still have fun with the challenge to walk all the way there

I am even too lazy to travel 4 hexes away :p

fast travel feels like cheating

I got most of the on foot exploring out of my system before I had even gotten my skell. I had explored most of Sylvalum and a decent amount of Cauldros. Now I pretty much always fast travel going between continents. Though I do sometimes run for a loop of the continent's music first depending where I am.

I feel like I am cheating myself of a grand adventure

I am in NLA and a mission target is all the way in Cauldros
I wonder if I would still have fun with the challenge to walk all the way there

I am even too lazy to travel 4 hexes away :p

fast travel feels like cheating

There will come a time where you'll give in and use fast travel, I promise. There was this one mission in particular which has you travel to and from a spot on the east coast of Cauldros over and over and over, and that was the point where I stopped feeling guilty about using fast travel.

What I found kept a little bit of the fun of exploration was to travel to FN sites a few segments away from quests and travel at ground level to get to them, taking plenty of diversions.

Dineren

Banned
It's still annoying me that they kick you out of your skell for every cutscene. They really should have figured out some other way to handle it. I can understand in some cases doing it, but if I'm about to fight an enemy skell or ship, there is no reason to kick my team out of the skell so they can draw their weapons just to immediately toss you back in once the cutscene ends.

I got most of the on foot exploring out of my system before I had even gotten my skell. I had explored most of Sylvalum and a decent amount of Cauldros. Now I pretty much always fast travel going between continents. Though I do sometimes run for a loop of the continent's music first depending where I am.

I swam to Cauldros and Oblivia very early on did a lot of on foot before chapter 6 I earn my probe spots but it still feels like I am cheating the journey

There will come a time where you'll give in and use fast travel, I promise. There was this one mission in particular which has you travel to and from a spot on the east coast of Cauldros over and over and over, and that was the point where I stopped feeling guilty about using fast travel.

What I found kept a little bit of the fun of exploration was to travel to FN sites a few segments away from quests and travel at ground level to get to them, taking plenty of diversions.

eh I was complaining about that going viral mission a page ago then I decided I wanted to see if I could save a cat girl and had to do this silly mission again

vareon

I try limiting fast travels to coasts and spots you feel save getting a chopper in. It helps me balance between immersion and convenience.

Dineren

Banned
While I'm griping about my GOTG, can I also just say that the second lag when hitting R for changing targets or directing teammates is the worst thing ever. The targeting is already terrible, it doesn't need any help from the controls!

Dee Dee

I am 102 hours in and level 39.
What am I doing wrong?

(No, no idling, if anything exploring or being stuck for 30min in useless fights, continously pulling more enemies (fuck that grotto in the north of Primordia).)

I am also constantly grinding affinity on the side - someone mentioned Support Missions, what are those (playing the game in another language can frustrating at time...).

Ulysses 31

What am doing wrong?

(No, no idling, if anything exploring or being stuck for 30min in useless fights, continously pulling more enemies (fuck that grotto in the north of Primordia).)

I am also constantly gronding affinity on the side - someone mentioned Support Missions, what are those (playing the game in another language can frustrating at time...).

Support missions unlock after chapter 12 and are a way to grind for money, miranuim, BP and affinity.

random25

What am doing wrong?

I am also constantly gronding affinity on the side - someone mentioned Support Missions, what are those (playing the game in another language can frustrating at time...).

What do you mean you're doing wrong? Also, support missions are post game content, so don't worry too much about it. You can see it in the multiplayer console in the barracks but it will contain nothing if you haven't finished the game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
While I'm griping about my GOTG, can I also just say that the second lag when hitting R for changing targets or directing teammates is the worst thing ever. The targeting is already terrible, it doesn't need any help from the controls!
I have no idea what you are talking about because changing targets is instantaneous for me and I only use the quick shortcut to focus attacks.

Dineren

Banned
I have no idea what you are talking about because changing targets is instantaneous for me and I only use the quick shortcut to focus attacks.

There is a split second lag when hitting R before it will accept the input for a command. So if I hit up on the dpad too quickly after hitting R the input will be ignored. It's fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but it lost my inputs enough over the course of the game to annoy the hell out of me.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 255,370 as of January 3rd, 2016 - 12:10 GMT

All normal missions complete. Totally makes sense the spots I was missing in Sylvalum are in fact started
in Oblivia at the Wrotian hideout at night and the NPC are in such bad locations the red ? doesn't load on the minimap until you are on top of them

As far as 100% survey goes I'm left with about 7 tyrants, two of which are superboss ones I at least need resistance augments for (having more level 60 skells wouldn't hurt but a solo Ares 90 can brute force their way through them all). I know Telethia is Ether, I'm guessing Everqueen is Gravity (I know there is no segment topic but I managed to get it down to 1/3 health before it used some super attack) and Vortice, the Deific Blast seems to be a mix of Beam and Gravity.

For the other tyrants I have no info on their segments :(

Time to watch FrontierNav slowly hand out Bonjelium (I have all sites active and I'm lucky if I get 2). Is it me or does fighting the Global Nemesis pause the timer for Frontiernav related drops?

Greddleok

Is "survey percentage" only to do with probes? I need to survey (I think) 50% of Oblivia for my next mission, and I don't really know what increases those percentages other than probes. Tons of the probes are surrounded by really high level enemies too...

random25

Is "survey percentage" only to do with probes? I need to survey (I think) 50% of Oblivia for my next mission, and I don't really know what increases those percentages other than probes. Tons of the probes are surrounded by really high level enemies too...

Treasures and tyrants indicated on the cell also completes the survey. As well as affinity and normal missions that will take place on certain parts of the map.

All normal missions complete. Totally makes sense the spots I was missing in Sylvalum are in fact started
in Oblivia at the Wrotian hideout at night and the NPC are in such bad locations the red ? doesn't load on the minimap until you are on top of them

As far as 100% survey goes I'm left with about 7 tyrants, two of which are superboss ones I at least need resistance augments for (having more level 60 skells wouldn't hurt but a solo Ares 90 can brute force their way through them all). I know Telethia is Ether, I'm guessing Everqueen is Gravity (I know there is no segment topic but I managed to get it down to 1/3 health before it used some super attack) and Vortice, the Deific Blast seems to be a mix of Beam and Gravity.

For the other tyrants I have no info on their segments :(

Time to watch FrontierNav slowly hand out Bonjelium (I have all sites active and I'm lucky if I get 2). Is it me or does fighting the Global Nemesis pause the timer for Frontiernav related drops?
Vortice isn't a segment topic though.

If I remember correctly, I have every tyrant segment covered except for the Telethia.

About to do chapter 12. Is anything gated off after finishing it?
Nope.

How do you find those tyrants within those cells?
No simple way really. You may get the info on the segment from NLA or a nopon caravan or base camp in the region (from a yellow dialogue box), and with that you know when (weather or time of day) the tyrant is available. You'll still have to find the tyrant yourself, but that's easy if you're there when it's available.

The infos can be pretty hard to get for all segments though, so at some of them you might just have to search yourself at various times or weathers.

random25

How do you find those tyrants within those cells?

It depends since they can be on open areas or hiding in caves or on high places. That also applies to treasure. You'll usually get info and clue on what tyrant to hunt or treasure to open with those yellow icons from citizens of NLA or on BLADE camps that update your segment map. A segment recon complete will tell you that you kill the right tyrant or open the right treasure on the indicated cell or segment as the game calls it. More info on these on the wiki page. http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Segment_Map

OMG this made me laugh for real

Alexa said:
"The only love in my life is Giant Robots. C'mon, help me out here. This lady is crackers."

oh this game

I've been exploring Oblivia for the heck of it and decided to check out an FN site. Lots of high level enemies on the path to this FN site. Finally I'm looking down over a camp that's built around the FN site. Stealthily I try to climb down the cliff. Then, when I think the coast is clear, I jump down onto the Miranium vein...

...well, nope. There was one enemy I didn't see, so I got annihilated. :(

(not a real spoiler)
I should have saved some TP and used Elma's Shadowrunner.

gogogow

No simple way really. You may get the info on the segment from NLA or a nopon caravan or base camp in the region (from a yellow dialogue box), and with that you know when (weather or time of day) the tyrant is available. You'll still have to find the tyrant yourself, but that's easy if you're there when it's available.

The infos can be pretty hard to get for all segments though, so at some of them you might just have to search yourself at various times or weathers.

It depends since they can be on open areas or hiding in caves or on high places. That also applies to treasure. You'll usually get info and clue on what tyrant to hunt or treasure to open with those yellow icons from citizens of NLA or on BLADE camps that update your segment map. A segment recon complete will tell you that you kill the right tyrant or open the right treasure on the indicated cell or segment as the game calls it. More info on these on the wiki page. http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Segment_Map

Thanks, but that's a bit ugh....wish they made it a bit easier to do these stuff. I read those yellow icon messages and forget about them rightaway....

It's gonna be a pita when you need above 30% survey rate, isn't it? Opening treasures isn't adding % to my survey rate, no? I just played just now and it didn't or do you need to open all the treasures in the segment?

Any good spots to get Gbusters or Phoenix?

Thanks! I found a place near 406 too. Do they drop level 50 items only? Because that's all I've been getting and I'm only Lvl 40.

The place I've found to farm 50/60 G2busters/Phoenix/Heatthorns are Lvl 54 Coffin Puges, located in the Old Ceremonial Cave in Calderos (SW of FN516.) You can dodge the 1st caro/marnuck patrol, then just hug the right wall.

Top Bottom