• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Zareka

It's enough though if they get even one hit with the weapon (or art).

Well it was a big ass mob (Affinty Quest Weaponized) that took a while to go down and it still didn't register, so I've no idea what's going in there.
I'll never not be stunned at how garbage the enemy placement is in this game. Level 17 quest sends me into the middle of an area riddled with level 40s where a level 55 patrols directly through the areas I need to be in for the quest. At it for about an hour because the patrol kept one shotting my party and would NOT give up if I tried to run. Single handedly ruining the game for me.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well it was a big ass mob (Affinty Quest Weaponized) that took a while to go down and it still didn't register, so I've no idea what's going in there.
I'll never not be stunned at how garbage the enemy placement is in this game. Level 17 quest sends me into the middle of an area riddled with level 40s where a level 55 patrols directly through the areas I need to be in for the quest. At it for about an hour because the patrol kept one shotting my party and would NOT give up if I tried to run. Single handedly ruining the game for me.
You sure it's not a stealth quest?

Just hit got to finally doing something now at chapter 3 but erm, did the level requirement just jump up to 45? I can't seem to find any way in without going past enemies who are way too strong to fight. I feel like I'm missing something here.

Nobody beats H.B. but he's quite good. His last affinity mission is one of the most intriguing parts of the game.
What's so interesting about it? I can't remember the exact details, but I didn't think it was anything special really. He just grows up a little.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just hit got to finally doing something now at chapter 3 but erm, did the level requirement just jump up to 45? I can't seem to find any way in without going past enemies who are way too strong to fight. I feel like I'm missing something here.
Grex lying on the bridge? I think you can walk past them, not sure if night matters.

Oh it has one.

That feel when I tried the Ares 90 agashura cannon on it and it took about 1% of health away without any augments...

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

Jims

I absolutely love the water purification plant and its related story arcs as it's a prime example of how much better the side quests in this game are compared to the original. It relies on more than just one quest chain to progress and deals with some pretty neat stuff.
While being absolutely horrifying at the same time.

I love the water purification plant quests too... It just seems weird how much bad stuff seems to happen around there. Even other quests that have nothing to do with the facility sometimes ends up there to do horrible things.

I finished Rosie's segment recon mission and realized I really dodged a bullet there.
Ajoa was acting really weird and sketchy that I didn't let her leave my sight. I imagine it gets pretty bad for her if you let her go take a shower. When they revealed the thing about the eggs and water, I let out a huge sigh of relief. Couldn't save Carl earlier but at least I saved Ajoa.

I was thinking about the mission structure of this game in general and am thinking that maybe they should get rid of Basic Missions completely in the future. Or, at least scale them back to being only tyrants or whatever. The Gathering and Outfitter missions are legitimately terrible and don't really add anything to the game, other than adding another level of complexity to an already complex game. All of the rewards given in the dumb basic missions can be put in enemy drops or somewhere else. The Normal and Affinity Missions are wonderfully designed and fix the quest issues that the original Xenoblade had. I kinda wish the sequel had normal and affinity missions, and then maybe a tyrant board of Mira's Most Wanted.

I really hope Gathering Quests are just abandoned completely, and they treat the collectibles as stuff used just for crafting and collectapedia stuff. If they must continue to do gathering, then hopefully they can at least improve the interface or the knowledge bank. Like, maybe put where they can be found when you enter them into the collectapedia.

I love the water purification plant quests too... It just seems weird how much bad stuff seems to happen around there. Even other quests that have nothing to do with the facility sometimes ends up there to do horrible things.

I finished Rosie's segment recon mission and realized I really dodged a bullet there.
Ajoa was acting really weird and sketchy that I didn't let her leave my sight. I imagine it gets pretty bad for her if you let her leave. Let out a huge sigh of relief when I found out what I avoided.

I was thinking about the mission structure of this game in general and am thinking that maybe they should get rid of Basic Missions completely in the future. Or, at least scale them back to being only tyrants or whatever. The Gathering and Outfitter missions are legitimately terrible and don't really add anything to the game, other than adding another level of complexity to an already complex game. The Basic and Affinity Missions are wonderfully designed and fix the quest issues that the original Xenoblade had. I kinda wish the sequel had basic and affinity missions, and then maybe a tyrant board of Mira's Most Wanted.

I really hope Gathering Quests are just abandoned completely, and they treat the collectibles as stuff used just for crafting and collectapedia stuff. If they must continue to do gathering, then hopefully they can at least improve the interface or the knowledge bank. Like, maybe put where they can be found when you enter them into the collectapedia.

about that quest,
what does happen if you let Ajoa walk off?

So I thought the skell death QTE meant your skell gets replaced for free?

I just got a perfect for the QTE and still have to pay for a new one.

Also, Chapter 10
so it's totally a skell fight? I got totally crushed, guess I need to go in with a full skell squad and finally get rid of that level 20 skell... Any other tips?

rhandino

Banned
What in f*ck! I was running towards a bench to change the time of day and suddenly a little cutscene of me walking and then witnessing a
suicide
and a new sidequest.

This game =3

Jisgsaw

Damn, and you can't buy anymore once its up, right? That doesn't really make sense.

IIRC, they initially didn't even want to include insurance, be happy they did :D

Just unequip all equipment, sell the skell and buy a new one. And starting now, always give your skell to a teammate when it only has 1 insurance left, they always get the perfect QTE.

Grex lying on the bridge? I think you can walk past them, not sure if night matters.

There's some high level alien patrolling that bridge, guessing he's not there during the day but managed to get around it by some elaborate jumping anyway. Looks like it's time to work out the battle system properly now anyway as that boss just handed me my ass. Guessing I should head back to town and buy some decent gear now too since I've been rolling with what I find so far.

Finalow

Edit : FN 411 in the lake of Sylvalum seems actually way better.
There's a lot of them and with some Crush.Append you just one shot their back with the auto attack (or everything if you want) then search for another while your team finish it. Why did I only tried this now, it's insane for farming stuff.
yes I just farmed those items in Sylvalum lake and it's a great spot.

I'm pretty sure it was said that they scaled back on the story because this was their first HD game so they cut back on those aspects to focus on others (cutscenes cost a lot of money apparently). If you look over in the spoiler thread you can read about some details such as the game o
riginally having a male protagonist and his personal machine was the Ares (much like Fei had his Weltall). The Ares also had an alternate mode called Ares Burn X which I suppose would be the Weltall ID equivalent.

There's also the comment about how their next project will focus more on the story compared to Xenoblade X.

Which I take it to mean that Takahasi is confident that they won't have to compromise on the scope of the story due to their experience developing Xenoblade X.
about their next project, I hope so.

any link to the spoiler thread? The only one I found is a few pages long and was used for when the game was out only in Japan.

-
ENDGAME SPOILER
if you want her like that you need to change stuff in the settings, I read. the fuck
I was wondering why she was still looking like usual, which doesn't make much sense but whatever.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
How do I toggled that? I know I can switch, but I was too hasty and pressed A before I finished reading.

In settings after
you finish chapter 12. Oh game, you were doing so well with her original outfit. Why did you have to put her in that at the end? :(

finalflame

Nobody beats H.B. but he's quite good. His last affinity mission is one of the most intriguing parts of the game.

As someone who has not performed his affinity missions yet, worst character. Maybe I'll warm to him later, though. His battle dialogue isn't bad but his introduction quest acting was terrible.

One of the best. Everyone should do his last affinity quest. I do like his battle dialogue.

Yah, I found him to be annoying at first but his affinity quest was great. Ended up a fan.

Haunted

Alright, how do you beat chapter 10? I'm 3 levels over the boss but keep getting wrecked. I'm targeting appendages as well.
I guess the usual advice would be to equip as many Mechanoid Slayer augments as you can, target all the dishes on the outside and in the second phase, the dishes on the legs.

To be honest, I only managed to beat that one with a lvl 50 Skell.

Somnid

Alright, how do you beat chapter 10? I'm 3 levels over the boss but keep getting wrecked. I'm targeting appendages as well.

I didn't have trouble with it and I was like 2 levels lower. Make sure you have 4 skells because ground characters are worthless. Target smaller enemies first because they do lots of damage if left alone. My skell had 2x beam sabers which do double damage to mechanical with a fairly quick cooldown so I could cut down the small enemies in one hit. Use overdrive, stay to the side because it will knock you over from the front.

I guess the usual advice would be to equip as many Mechanoid Slayer augments as you can, target all the dishes on the outside and in the second phase, the dishes on the legs.

To be honest, I only managed to beat that one with a lvl 50 Skell.

Yeah I think I may just have to grind it out to level 50. Getting way too frustrated with it now.

I was thinking about the mission structure of this game in general and am thinking that maybe they should get rid of Basic Missions completely in the future. Or, at least scale them back to being only tyrants or whatever. The Gathering and Outfitter missions are legitimately terrible and don't really add anything to the game, other than adding another level of complexity to an already complex game. All of the rewards given in the dumb basic missions can be put in enemy drops or somewhere else. The Normal and Affinity Missions are wonderfully designed and fix the quest issues that the original Xenoblade had. I kinda wish the sequel had normal and affinity missions, and then maybe a tyrant board of Mira's Most Wanted.
A thing that got me about the "kill x of monstery y". The game knows exactly how many of monster y you have slain so why not use that in the quest so the bounty ones can auto-complete just like the gathering ones.

I kind of liked having a very large list of basic missions that I could pick and choose what ones I wanted to do (I mostly stuck to gathering because it can be completed without leaving New LA is you've got everything.

Another annoying thing is some of the gathering quests are finding objects that don't appear unless you've accepted that job (things like pets for example). I remember for the first Xenoblade game occasionally getting red collectibles that were used in later quests.

Malus

A thing that got me about the "kill x of monstery y". The game knows exactly how many of monster y you have slain so why not use that in the quest so the bounty ones can auto-complete just like the gathering ones.

I kind of liked having a very large list of basic missions that I could pick and choose what ones I wanted to do (I mostly stuck to gathering because it can be completed without leaving New LA is you've got everything.

Another annoying thing is some of the gathering quests are finding objects that don't appear unless you've accepted that job (things like pets for example). I remember for the first Xenoblade game occasionally getting red collectibles that were used in later quests.

Pretty much all your quests would just autocomplete lol.

And it's not like you drove the enemy to extinction or something so I don't know why killing grexes like 20 hours ago would autocomplete a new quest.

finalflame

So - beginning of chapter 8 spoilers/question.

Am I really supposed to beat these Ganglion at the administrative district gate without my Skell?

Haunted

Yeah I think I may just have to grind it out to level 50. Getting way too frustrated with it now.
There's a ton of unique, non-grinding stuff to do, no rush to get through the story missions. Just go do a couple of the billion other quests that populate your journal and you'll be strong enough to beat that story mission in no time.

Astral Dog

I have one Skell, but now when I
try to leave the barracks it just prompts me to go to the fight. I didn't see my Skell there, unless I missed it?
If you are high level enough, those things wont be a problem, and you can have your Skell after that part

Top Bottom