• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Thanks, but that's a bit ugh....wish they made it a bit easier to do these stuff. I read those yellow icon messages and forget about them rightaway....

It's gonna be a pita when you need above 30% survey rate, isn't it? Opening treasures isn't adding % to my survey rate, no? I just played just now and it didn't or do you need to open all the treasures in the segment?

Once you get the yellow box it will label the relevant segment as 'new', tap it to see the info. Not every bit of treasure adds to your survey rate, only certain ones in 'treasure' segments (as opposed to tyrant/quest segments).

random25

Thanks, but that's a bit ugh....wish they made it a bit easier to do these stuff. I read those yellow icon messages and forget about them rightaway....

It's gonna be a pita when you need above 30% survey rate, isn't it? Opening treasures isn't adding % to my survey rate, no? I just played just now and it didn't or do you need to open all the treasures in the segment?

It needs to be a specific treasure or tyrant. As for the info, you don't need to read it when they pop. You'll see the info on your segment map, with the word "New" appearing on the segment map to see the name of the tyrant to kill or what kind of treasure you need to seek.

gogogow

Once you get the yellow box it will label the relevant segment as 'new', tap it to see the info. Not every bit of treasure adds to your survey rate, only certain ones in 'treasure' segments (as opposed to tyrant/quest segments).

It needs to be a specific treasure or tyrant. As for the info, you don't need to read it when they pop. You'll see the info on your segment map, with the word "New" appearing on the segment map to see the name of the tyrant to kill or what kind of treasure you need to seek.

okay, got it, thanks!

I think it has to be a specific treasure. Earlier today I opened a treasure and that marked a segment on my map as complete (without having any segment info for it).

(Edit: I should refresh the page more often to see if there are any new replies...)

Golnei

I just did Yelv's second affinity mission - ...is Eleonora
Revolver Ocelot now? I was half-expecting a "Yes, Mr. President" at the end of that conversation.

Xenoboy

I just got screwed over by that Pizza quest with Powell...
what the fuck... what... D:
Why did Ackwar had to die? No...
This game man...

Just 100% the survey rate. My last tyrant wasn't the Telethia but rather the fog only one in the weeping whitewood. It is notably missing from this gallery I was using for the others I was missing.

Telethia fight was really anti-climatic with its ether attacks only doing 1 damage to me. It looks like the other high level tyrants use multiple elements of attack so some damage will be taken but based on what I've played they are certainly doable with what I have currently (I think reward tickets really break post game progression but even with that being broken it is a tad grindy for my likes). There is also the ground only Sharnaak's Seidr (which melee builds apparently have a lot of trouble with).

Vortice isn't a segment topic though.

If I remember correctly, I have every tyrant segment covered except for the Telethia.
There was a segment near that I thought it was but it turned out to be something else. Kind of odd Telethia is the only super one to get a segment.

I just got screwed over by that Pizza quest with Powell...
what the fuck... what... D:
Why did Ackwar had to die? No...
This game man...
You
let someone get blown up didn't you? The only way to prevent that is from some random yellow speech bubble somewhere about difusing bombs. Once you take the bomb off the person still dies from poisoning anyway but the body is intact so forensics and Ackwar can figure out the pizza is doing it. On the other hand you get more dialogue from Powell with Ackwar being dead.

zroid

Banned
How much does the 60% def boost from 3 Skells really help? Wonder if I should start trying to take on battles with my character on foot with the other party members in Skells. If I can stay alive it might be the best way to rack up damage more quickly.

Xenoboy

You
let someone get blown up didn't you? The only way to prevent that is from some random yellow speech bubble somewhere about difusing bombs. Once you take the bomb off the person still dies from poisoning anyway but the body is intact so forensics and Ackwar can figure out the pizza is doing it. On the other hand you get more dialogue from Powell with Ackwar being dead.

Well,
I wouldn't say I let Gerome blow up. I thought they were serious about the impact thing if he went to the water, so I rolled with it. I actually also found that bubble but didn't really read it either -_-

Dimmle

There is a split second lag when hitting R before it will accept the input for a command. So if I hit up on the dpad too quickly after hitting R the input will be ignored. It's fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but it lost my inputs enough over the course of the game to annoy the hell out of me.
I've had the same issue. Target switching response seems erratic in a crowd.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just 100% the survey rate. My last tyrant wasn't the Telethia but rather the fog only one in the weeping whitewood. It is notably missing from this gallery I was using for the others I was missing.

Telethia fight was really anti-climatic with its ether attacks only doing 1 damage to me. It looks like the other high level tyrants use multiple elements of attack so some damage will be taken but based on what I've played they are certainly doable with what I have currently (I think reward tickets really break post game progression but even with that being broken it is a tad grindy for my likes). There is also the ground only Sharnaak's Seidr (which melee builds apparently have a lot of trouble with).
I couldn't beat telethia with haphazard Ares90, so I'm going all in for the Zenith 1-shot. :(

Alrus

This is probably a dumb question but can you check the profile of top ranking players in time attacks and co? I just want to see what build they use.

Edit: nvm found how.

Jisgsaw

Dear Monolith,

If you make a game were you force 3 non playable partners on me, that can't seem to keep of ledges/lava, and make your plateforming horrendous, please don't force me to take a boss in a cave full of lava to force me to stay on minuscule plateforms, where simply using my artes pushes me in said lava, and my partners spend their (short) fight in the same lava.

Thanks.

Edit: no seriously, anyone has some tips for Boze's last affinity mission?
As it stands, I have no real problem with the boss itself; the lava is just killing me everytime.

Just flied to Cauldros, still one shoting. :p

But yeah I'm sure I'll need to play more strategically against 2 or 3 tyrants.

The Cauldros superboss can't be reached on a skell, the rest are pretty one shottable. Unless you count that guy on top of the volcano a superboss which I guess you can say he's the weaker of the batch

Wow I can totally see why some people are saying this game can be overwhelming. I've had like 3 fights and the AI is already asking me to topple the enemies and destroyed a limb with no idea how I did it. Guessing this stuff is explained later but it is kinda odd how it drops it all on you straight away with hardly a basic combat tutorial.

Also, what an opening when you get past the first valley. Wow.

random25

Dear Monolith,

If you make a game were you force 3 non playable partners on me, that can't seem to keep of ledges/lava, and make your plateforming horrendous, please don't force me to take a boss in a cave full of lava to force me to stay on minuscule plateforms, where simply using my artes pushes me in said lava, and my partners spend their (short) fight in the same lava.

Thanks.

As it stands, I have no real problem with the boss itself; the lava is just killing me everytime.

Equip your party with electric resistance armors up to 100. Also, terrain damage reducer xx is your friend if you have problems with platforms.

I couldn't beat telethia with haphazard Ares90, so I'm going all in for the Zenith 1-shot. :(
That will be even more anticlimatic :( I don't know what you were using so I'll list while I was using. My augments were as follows (XX unless otherwise stated). I'll spoiler it in case people want to figure things out of their own. Also some names might be wrong.

Skell frame: Side damage up, Above damage up (not too useful for first and third phases as it was flying at the celling anyway), Ether damage up. Armour: All ether res up (ether res of 140). Weapons: 3 custom speed on agni gatling (and the built in one maxed), 2 ultrafauna slayer, 2 ranged accuracy up, 2 ranged attack up, crush append, two draw opening form chests and negate reflect ether (it didn't do it but important to have if it does). There are some augments slots empty (lack of materials to fill them).

Ground wear ultra infinite skell wear (farmed from FN224) giving level XIV: fuel efficiency, potential drive, ranged attack drive (*2), ranged accuracy drive (*2) (arms drop latter two fairly frequently). Augments: Ranged attack drive XX,ranged accuracy drive XX.

In total it ate over half a fuel tank and I didn't get the chance to use overdrive (it drained my GP in the second phase, I think you can dodge that by exiting Skell but you have to be careful you don't get yourself killed). I don't know if RNG meant some super devastating attacks failed to show up for me. Main tricks I can think of are to stand in the foiliage during the second phase so if it does topple you it can't hit with its melee attacks. Also negating sleep by having an attack animation going during that attack on the third phase (though the one time I was put to sleep I still only took one damage). Also always attack from side where possible (phase 2 I conceded) as agni gatling gets bonus damage (the amount of players I see not doing this...).

Same build gets around 170 kills on the Telethia nemesis.

Jisgsaw

Equip your party with electric resistance armors up to 100. Also, terrain damage reducer xx is your friend if you have problems with platforms.

Oh, terrain damage reducer is under special augments, not weather augments...
Thanks, the boss isn't hard, it was just this damn lava...

I farm that in the lava zone in the middle of Cauldros, fly in skell and make sure to break their back.

You can use the green/blue combo to extend it too, it's more effective with a higher count though so some green/orange for double count in the beginning is great for that. Some augments like Extend Overdrive XX or attributes like Overdrive Count Up are great too. The Overdrive system is really interesting to explore.
It literally is not explained at all lol

This game is so obtuse

PMS341

Welp, ~20 hours in, just beat Chapter 5. Officially a fan of this game. Combat is fluid and rhythmic, the music is surprisingly fitting (I enjoyed Sawano's work for Kill la Kill, so I knew what to expect - a bit Metal Gear Rising-esque, actually), and the depth of everything is welcome.

While I do miss how story driven the first game was, X is just so... scaled. Running around doing meaningless fetch quests doesn't usually feel so bad when the world is just so damn pretty. The dialogue/pauses in-between/overall animation and models is pretty poor for the characters, but it's almost one of those "FPS drops in ____ Warriors" kind of things - it's just something you have to accept for the series. However, my entire experience has changed completely ever since I actually started using the fashion gear - there are some downright hilarious combinations that kind of change the tone of things quite a bit, but honestly with how hammy things are anyways, it kind of works out. Here's some crappy Miiverse screenshots:

caJeegl.jpg

jhqSLjU.jpg

eMdeXBl.jpg

VmhugID.jpg

Cy2ZUIi.jpg

QEWtkIg.jpg

OLUSMh1.jpg

Ydv3Ihf.jpg

Lin as Tina Belcher will remain for the rest of the game, I think. Also does anyone know if there becomes an ability later to shop for basic/fashion gear, or is it mostly tied to sidequests? Wish there was some kind of database of armor/clothes sets with pictures!

Ok game, round 3 for an EM storm in Cauldros.

I'm not leaving till I get it.

Current accumulated time count of returning to skell for this stupid EM storm...2 hours

-Horizon-

Welp, ~20 hours in, just beat Chapter 5. Officially a fan of this game. Combat is fluid and rhythmic, the music is surprisingly fitting (I enjoyed Sawano's work for Kill la Kill, so I knew what to expect - a bit Metal Gear Rising-esque, actually), and the depth of everything is welcome.

While I do miss how story driven the first game was, X is just so... scaled. Running around doing meaningless fetch quests doesn't usually feel so bad when the world is just so damn pretty. The dialogue/pauses in-between/overall animation and models is pretty poor for the characters, but it's almost one of those "FPS drops in ____ Warriors" kind of things - it's just something you have to accept for the series. However, my entire experience has changed completely ever since I actually started using the fashion gear - there are some downright hilarious combinations that kind of change the tone of things quite a bit, but honestly with how hammy things are anyways, it kind of works out. Here's some crappy Miiverse screenshots:

Lin as Tina Belcher will remain for the rest of the game, I think. Also does anyone know if there becomes an ability later to shop for basic/fashion gear, or is it mostly tied to sidequests? Wish there was some kind of database of armor/clothes sets with pictures!
Not sure if trust L lol

HeroR

Been playing this game since Christmas and having so much fun. Seriously, this game is like a drug. Every time I put it down, I keep thinking about it again and want to play. Thank god I work from home otherwise I would be screwed. lol I am over 100 hours in and just now got my Skell. You guys wasn't kidding when you say it changes the game. I spent hours trying to get a built I like and died a lot trying out different combinations. Thankfully, I masted the perfect ejection and restart if I mess up. I also see why so many loved the G-Buster.

The story is interesting and do have a few nods to Xenogears, especially when the ship got destroyed, and surviving on a new planet. I honestly thought the twist was going to like Xenogears. The cast is nowhere near as strong as Xenoblade, but I didn't expect it to be. I enjoy the characters in the game for what they bring. And even though the story isn't as strong, the gameplay is ace. It took all the problems I had with Xenoblade and not only fixed them, but made them even better. The world feels more alive, the quests are better, and the battle system is tight.

Can't give my final impressions until the end, but I will say that this game is too different from Xenoblade, outside of the mechanics, to make a fair comparison. I liked the story, characters in Xenoblade, and vision mechanics, but the world of XBC feels much more alive and dangerous. I have never been so scared sneaking past mobs that can kill me. And I have a giant freaking robot.

So far, one of my favorite games this year.

massoluk

Banned
Dear Monolith,

Thanks.

Might not work for you, my level is way above that boss, but I just rushed and jumped to the little cave in the corner next to the boss and fought him there. With luck a few of your team may get there with you, but I ended up soloing that bastard with my electric immune dude. Level 35 L just couldn't survive a few hits. See below where I fought him.

Zareka

Question: do I, specifically, need to use the quest weapon for weapon testing missions or do I just need to be in control of the one using it? I just beat down a mob with someone else in my party using it without me controlling them and it didn't count.

Jisgsaw

Might not work for you, my level is way above that boss, but I just rushed and jumped to the little cave in the corner next to the boss and fought him there. With luck a few of your team may get there with you, but I ended up soloing that bastard with my electric immune dude. Level 35 L just couldn't survive a few hits. See below where I fought him.

I got him with damage reducer xx augment (also had to solo him).

2.7 million down, another 1.8 to go to buy this level 50 amdusias.

I wish there were more research probes to make this grind faster. My brain's going numb from collecting these crystals in the cave.

Actually does "Return to Skell" even work for resetting weather?
It works.

Question: do I, specifically, need to use the quest weapon for weapon testing missions or do I just need to be in control of the one using it? I just beat down a mob with someone else in my party using it without me controlling them and it didn't count.
It can be anyone in your party. Maybe the enemy died too fast? If the party member specifically won't use that weapon (instead using the other weapon they hold), it doesn't count.

Zareka

It can be anyone in your party. Maybe the enemy died too fast? If the party member specifically won't use that weapon (instead using the other weapon they hold), it doesn't count.
Ohhhh, oops. I completely forgot they'd probably switch to their melee weapon. Makes sense, thanks.

ys45

Finished last chapter yesterday I'm at 110ish hours.
Story was interesting with some good plot twist, I had 3 level 50 skells (heavy,medium and light) and did not had any issue with the last boss as I was lvl 60 lol.

I don't think I will do the end game though, too much grinding to get the higher level Skell frames.

Overall one of the best game I played in 2015 .

I was wondering if we ever find out more about the
Planet and the fact that despite the data room being destroyed everyone kept their mind/memory and all that ?
There is also the question of
why can everyone understand each other languages

random25

Finished last chapter yesterday I'm at 110ish hours.
Story was interesting with some good plot twist, I had 3 level 50 skells (heavy,medium and light) and did not had any issue with the last boss as I was lvl 60 lol.

I don't think I will do the end game though, too much grinding to get the higher level Skell frames.

Overall one of the best game I played in 2015 .

I was wondering if we ever find out more about the
Planet and the fact that despite the data room being destroyed everyone kept their mind/memory and all that ?
There is also the question of
why can everyone understand each other languages

Both are because of the mystery that is planet Mira. Hopefully Monolithsoft is already making a sequel to explain the mystery.

Top Bottom