• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

What kind of reward do you receive when you explore a continent at 100%? I'm currently at 95% at Primordia.

I got a booster probe. Something I can easily put to good use :)

he asked about explore which I took as survey 100%

but I guess you guys were talking collectopia rewards

I want reward for 100% each continent

I know there is one for total 100% but for each would be nice too

anyone know if there is a reward for each survey 100% per area?

Somnid

So how exactly do I get more probes on here? I'm level 50 and should be bringing more revenue than 20k at this point.

I'm in the same boat. I'm nearly at 40K with lots of booster probe optimization but I only have about 5 research probes 3 of which are level 1. I just can't find any more.

I'm in the same boat. I'm nearly at 40K with lots of booster probe optimization but I only have about 5 research probes 3 of which are level 1. I just can't find any more.

not sure what the final numbers for research probes are

but right now I have:

3 G1 research probes
4 G2
2 G3
6 G4
6 G5
4 G6

I am sure I don't have the full collection yet so they are out there

So how exactly do I get more probes on here? I'm level 50 and should be bringing more revenue than 20k at this point.

I'm level 27 and have the same amount of revenue (despite not even really focusing on it, or picking up much of anything in Sylvalum or Cauldros), how is that possible?

I'm level 27 and have the same amount of revenue (despite not even really focusing on it, or picking up much of anything in Sylvalum or Cauldros), how is that possible?

depends on how many default mining probes you have on deck the default does not hurt revenue so that is a plus

also sightseeing is a huge boost to revenue

you might have more of those discovered

Research probes are always rarer than mining probes, but are you two exploring much? Most of them come out of treasure boxes. Right now, I have:

3 G1
3 G2
1 G3
5 G4
5 G5
4 G6

Save them for locations you have discovered sightseeing spots, regardless of what the revenue rating is. Virtual tourism money is what you want. My revenue total is 228295 right now with the Oblivia setup that's always passed around.

Always open every treasure box you can find. The only one I can remember offhand that drops a research probe is along the sandbars connecting Primordia to Sylvalum. It was a G4 or G5, pretty sure.

Seriously...this game really hates me when it comes to weather.

Trying for Brimstone Rain and I get freaking like 20 reset of clear.

Cauldros is NEVER clear for like 20 resets. Most of the time it's cloudy. I never see it clear for this long.

Regarding sightseeing locations, are they within the probe hex, or can they be in its surrounding hexes, too?

Edit: Found one that answered my own question. Can be in surrounding hexes.

Somnid

Research probes are always rarer than mining probes, but are you two exploring much? Most of them come out of treasure boxes. Right now, I have:

3 G1
3 G2
1 G3
5 G4
5 G5
4 G6

Save them for locations you have discovered sightseeing spots, regardless of what the revenue rating is. Vistual tourism money is what you want. My revenue total is 228295 right now with the Oblivia setup that's always passed around.

Always open every treasure box you can find.

Must be unlucky. I have around 50%+ on Primordia, Oblivia, and Sylvalm and not a whole lot on Cauldros. I've been trying to find boxes like crazy but no luck.

Seriously...this game really hates me when it comes to weather.

Trying for Brimstone Rain and I get freaking like 20 reset of clear.

Cauldros is NEVER clear for like 20 resets. Most of the time it's cloudy. I never see it clear for this long.

that is odd

I can get that within at least 3 return to Skell

20 is way too harsh

3 G1
3 G2
1 G3
5 G4
5 G5
4 G6

Save them for locations you have discovered sightseeing spots, regardless of what the revenue rating is. Virtual tourism money is what you want. My revenue total is 228295 right now with the Oblivia setup that's always passed around.

Always open every treasure box you can find. The only one I can remember offhand that drops a research probe is along the sandbars connecting Primordia to Sylvalum. It was a G4 or G5, pretty sure.

Yeah, I've just started to really explore since I unlocked the flying module. My survey record for the first 3 regions is around 35% for each.

Must be unlucky. I have around 50%+ on Primordia, Oblivia, and Sylvalm and not a whole lot on Cauldros. I've been trying to find boxes like crazy but no luck.

Looks like you missed my edit, but you can get one for sure along the sandbars connecting Primordia to Sylvalum. It's the only one I can remember offhand.

we would have them all if we had reported where we found each one

but those word pop up so fast for me at treasures that I sometimes only found out I had them much later

Is there really a huge difference between the Wii version of Xenoblade vs the 3DS? I can find Wii copies but I think I'll be more motivated to finish the game on the go.

we would have them all if we had reported where we found each one

but those word pop up so fast for me at treasures that I sometimes only found out I had them much later

And they're in the same pop-up list as collectibles, so if you find treasure in a cave with a million collectibles, you have to wait a long time to see what was in the box if you made the mistake of picking everything else up first.

Which is a situation I am in right now.

Edit: Apparently the box in Oblivia's Beachside Trove contains a
Skell superweapon schematic.

Golnei

I still have a few more missions I want to do before Chapter 12; but there was something I wanted to know before I started it - in the postgame, can you use
Elma's regular appearance, or are you stuck with White Elma?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is there really a huge difference between the Wii version of Xenoblade vs the 3DS? I can find Wii copies but I think I'll be more motivated to finish the game on the go.

Just graphically, the Wii version looks better is all. Not that the n3DS version is ugly by any means.

I still have a few more missions I want to do before Chapter 12; but there was something I wanted to know before I started it - in the postgame, can you use
Elma's regular appearance, or are you stuck with White Elma?
You can use
either. Though I can't figure out where the option is...

And they're in the same pop-up list as collectibles, so if you find treasure in a cave with a million collectibles, you have to wait a long time to see what was in the box if you made the mistake of picking everything else up first.

Which is a situation I am in right now.

Edit: Apparently the box in Oblivia's Beachside Trove contains a
Skell superweapon schematic.

yeah this is me I go for all crystals around because gathering missions suck to I love when they instant complete from the board

speaking of probes

this cat should have a mission that gives a useful probe
WVW69ivsMAEWP4wC3J

at least that is what I read online for who gives probes
like Kristy and Hugo but can't seem to get this cat to give me work

Chi3fster

Banned
So I'm levelling up assault rifle classes to run the Assault Hammer Art with the Photon Saber, and what the hell? Samurai Gunner only has 2 skill slots? Duelist only has 3?

Yeah, I won't be using these long term.

plufim

FUCK YEAH GOT MY SKELL.

Already had the required collectables too, just had to kill some Indigens.

Love that even default skell has the bike transformation. Was worried I'd have earn it.

-Horizon-

So I'm levelling up assault rifle classes to run the Assault Hammer Art with the Photon Saber, and what the hell? Samurai Gunner only has 2 skill slots? Duelist only has 3?

Yeah, I won't be using these long term.
Drifter still has the most skill slots I think.

finalflame

FUCK YEAH GOT MY SKELL.

Already had the required collectables too, just had to kill some Indigens.

Love that even default skell has the bike transformation. Was worried I'd have earn it.

Nice, 'gratz. I really hate the controls on the bike transformation though ;p

random25

Anybody knows what affinity shifts are for? I mean, yeah it affects affinity between NPCs and probably changes some dialogues but do they affect the missions they give you or something? It's the only thing I'm not really sure what that thing does in the long run besides completing the survey rate.

Was this song anywhere in the game? https://youtu.be/M5IoSv1QI5o

I cant seem to recall. The "main" version played during Chapter 11 but I really like this version too.

Just graphically, the Wii version looks better is all. Not that the n3DS version is ugly by any means.

I would say get it on the Wii U eshop, but you know NoA...

Ah gotcha. I coulda sworn it was on the eShop but not in NA. Thanks NoA.

The colors look more washed out on the 3DS but otherwise there isnt THAT much of a difference. Like the smaller screen might hide a lot of the imperfections, or at least I hope so.

zroid

Banned
not sure what the final numbers for research probes are

but right now I have:

3 G1 research probes
4 G2
2 G3
6 G4
6 G5
4 G6

I am sure I don't have the full collection yet so they are out there

damn I still don't even have more than 2 of any one type :(