• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Vibed

From what I'm getting, apparently completing a segment recon means just finishing the highlighted task on the map? Because there are definitely several segments with that yellow symbol with unopened treasures and undefeated tyrants.

Since the percent goes up when I "complete" a segment, does that mean even if I 100% the game, there could still be treasures and tyrants and such I haven't touched?

what the hell?

I was thinking I did this useless old man and fireworks at the end quest for these crazy-pons before I decided not to save to try another quest

doing this again rushing through I took a left turn somehow and things are different

eh I got to play this game again more than twice or find a guide with all the choice paths

-Horizon-

Ok, now I kind of understand the complaints about chapter 9's boss battles. I beat it twice already (I'm trying to get the Homura drop, still nothing) but man does it keep changing. I beat it twice but my third attempt ended in failure in the first half. Actually I've been getting progressively worse.

My kooky experience:

First half is ok I guess just why so many fodder enemy at once? The targeting system is already whack, I hit L and Y or A to try to take care of the mob first but you know, it doesn't acknowledge that you can target anyone beyond like one other enemy. And for some reason Elma was the punching bag in my first two first half battles but in the third first half, they all went after me for some reason pretty much ending that attempt right there lol.

Second half...lol. First attempt went fine. I took care of the little mech and the boss. The spore white out weather effect took place but it didn't negatively affect me. I won that. No drop though.

So I went and did it again.
Ok. Boss went invincible and suddenly I'm getting jumped by like 7 of those smaller mechs from behind wut. Fine, I take care of them. One of my party's mech goes down. AND SUDDENLY IT STARTS RAINING FIRE WHYYYYY.jpg
Barely got through that, my own mech was about to go down.

No longer sure if I can care enough to keep trying for that drop.

Went into Sylvalums sphere in an attempt to see what the tyrant in there is like.

Well, for an unoptimized build of lvl 60 skells, it wasn't pretty.

Oh well, adds more to my wrecked skell count

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
"This turd's about to get flushed!"

But, seriously after that last affinity quest,
I have so many questions and now it's really hard to look at Yelv.

He's very hotblooded.

And it's quite interesting that his entire life, entire sense of self, his very existence is a fabrication. He is living a lie. And he doesn't know it. A amazing advance in Science but also cruel to the person born in this process.

MegaPanda

Man, I love accepting a million quests from NLA and then exploring Mira with my Skell. The world feels so much better when you enter a random cave and suddenly you get a cutscene where you need to save an npc

Man, I love accepting a million quests from NLA and then exploring Mira with my Skell. The world feels so much better when you enter a random cave and suddenly you get a cutscene where you need to save an npc

with so many shit just got real moments I would not take them all at once

Neiteio

Just booted up the game, and the Squad Select screen is playing a song that sounds like Evanescence x Linkin Park. This freakin' OST, haha. <3

Just lost two hours of progress due to Wii U's fantastic auto shutdown feature. Save, save, save, save.
It won't auto-shutdown if you're playing, iirc. You can disable it in-game, though.

Golnei

"I'm 13 years old inside and out"

That's a hell of a line.

Given the tradition of characters she hails from, it's slightly more explicable. Having her actually be 13 instead of 3000 might be the biggest twist in the game, for those going in blind.

The post chapter 12 quest about the Zaruboggan
__god
was fairly interesting too.

Seems very likely that they were created by Samaarians too. Though of course, there could be other humanoid things too, that were the creators.

I'd like to see what the general opinion is of this particular mission I did for one of the alien races
It was called dubious operation

you can choose to turn the kidnapper into blade at the end or to go along with her get rich quick scheme with disposal of dangerous waste

I saved before and did both dialogue options and I'm not sure which is better. She was clearly in the wrong but at the same time, having the aliens work in a kind of company would mean at least they'll be of organized service.

But I don't know about the long term effects. This could turn out to be like the end of the suid mission which I also just did today
RIP in peace carl

Anyone?
I chose to turn her in. I didn't want it to become an expensive system for which some people might not be able to even subscribe due to financial reasons.

Haven't seen much change (to the previous) anyway though. It seems to be going fine.

From what I'm getting, apparently completing a segment recon means just finishing the highlighted task on the map? Because there are definitely several segments with that yellow symbol with unopened treasures and undefeated tyrants.

Since the percent goes up when I "complete" a segment, does that mean even if I 100% the game, there could still be treasures and tyrants and such I haven't touched?
Correct.

What is this thing and can it be killed? I've basically just started so I won't be seeing it for a while.
It's a nemesis that you can fight once you get the online system functional in the game (though you probably should wait at that point until you get better gear). It can be killed but it has several million "lives" or to be more exact, health bars. This is server wide so it's sort of a shared goal between all the players.

In practice you just farm it for tickets and an item.

Does the treasures respawn?
No.

It's a nemesis that you can fight once you get the online system functional in the game (though you probably should wait at that point until you get better gear). It can be killed but it has several million "lives" or to be more exact, health bars. This is server wide so it's sort of a shared goal between all the players.

That reminds me a lot of the superboss from Dragons Dogma. Cool idea and all but it's never really satisfying unless you're actively there to kill it. Guessing I will save this for a lv 60 Skell and try to start the fight with good timing.

rhandino

Banned
The Murder Most Foul and the Gorkwa Games sidequests...

tumblr_nla2gqh7Fd1r8jjn6o2_250.gif

That reminds me a lot of the superboss from Dragons Dogma. Cool idea and all but it's never really satisfying unless you're actively there to kill it. Guessing I will save this for a lv 60 Skell and try to start the fight with good timing.
Dunno about Dragon's Dogma, but timing doesn't matter for this.

You just start the fight and it goes on for 8 minutes. Then it ends and you can do it again if you wish.

It hasn't actually died (not even near I think) even once yet.

Went into Sylvalums sphere in an attempt to see what the tyrant in there is like.

Well, for an unoptimized build of lvl 60 skells, it wasn't pretty.

Oh well, adds more to my wrecked skell count

I had no idea you could enter that until I read this post. Immediately went to go check it out. I was in a level 50 skell and just wanted the tyrant data so I shot it with a gravity gun (which missed) then immediately drove out towards the exit. It one shot killed the skells of my entire party before I got far enough -- though I didn't die.

-Horizon-

The post chapter 12 quest about the Zaruboggan
__god
was fairly interesting too.

Seems very likely that they were created by Samaarians too. Though of course, there could be other humanoid things too, that were the creators.

I chose to turn her in. I didn't want it to become an expensive system for which some people might not be able to even subscribe due to financial reasons.

Haven't seen much change (to the previous) anyway though. It seems to be going fine.

Correct.

No.
And here I was thinking no one saw my post. And yeah, your reason does make a lot of sense. And I've been really justice oriented with my character so might as well stick with it then haha

TheFatMan

Yes it does. A segment that is completed by finding a treasure might actually have 3 or 4 treasures inside it's reach. Only a specific one will complete the segment.

The same thing applies to Tyrants.

If I had a guess I'd say there are more treasures and tyrants NOT attached to segment completion than there are attached.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
There was some talk about how some people did not deserve to get aboard the White Whale. A reminder that they were subesequently attacked and then are currently being hunted down as a race; development of xenophobia is natural.

-Horizon-

I saved just before this
WVW69ivwGOol6ulHf9

what works best here though?
This is exactly the mission I was asking and was just answered above lol. Well, answered about one of the possible outcome choices.
Don't think the first part matters, it's the second set of choices they'll give you after the battle

rhandino

Banned
I saved just before this
WVW69ivwGOol6ulHf9

what works best here though?
I did this one some hours ago and took that choice
so you battle her and after defeating her you discover that the zaruboggan never noticed he was kidnapped in the first place and tell you she is a bussiness parter (she is not, she intended to use him to make fat profit from his ability)
and then you get to
decide to let them be or report ha to Blade

Sometimes this game is depressing in that it reminds me how terrible people are in almost every single side quest.....
Yep. I do like when they show that xenophobia and being an asshole in general are not traits exclusive to the human race =/

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
There was some talk about how some people did not deserve to get aboard the White Whale. A reminder that they were subesequently attacked and then are currently being hunted down as a race; development of xenophobia is natural.

In the grand scheme of things that actually means nothing. As those 2 things are completely unrelated. They are their own separate problems.

MomoQca

Completed the final chapter just a couple days ago. While the plot is not as heavy as the original Xenoblade, it was still an enjoyable ride IMO. I look forward to Monolith Soft's next project. :)

Holy crap! Chapter 4
tentacle lady boss
just one shotted my whole party at the start of the fight. Erm.....advice?

What level are you? My party was at level 15 (Lao at level 16). I've just checked my recording and the boss fight starts with a Thunder Volcano attack. This did about 350 damage (Lao took about 700+ damage for some reason, but he was off-screen so he could have also been taking damage from other attacks I didn't see).

Also, did you make sure you upgraded everyone's arts, skills and equipment?

This is exactly the mission I was asking and was just answered above lol. Well, answered about one of the possible outcome choices.
Don't think the first part matters, it's the second set of choices they'll give you after the battle

I did this one some hours ago and took that choice
so you battle her and after defeating her you discover that the zaruboggan never noticed he was kidnapped in the first place and tell you she is a bussiness parter (she is not, she intended to use him to make fat profit from his ability)
and then you get to
decide to let them be or report ha to Blade

Yep. I do like when they show that xenophobia and being an asshole in general are not traits exclusive to the human race =/

oh

I have enough credits
I doubt siding with her would payoff in this game had enough of crazies running around I chose report to BLADE

Characters developing xenophobia isn't the reason everybody says that about all of them, though.

Like, Gus can just fuck right off.

What level are you? My party was at level 15 (Lao at level 16). I've just checked my recording and the boss fight starts with a Thunder Volcano attack. This did about 350 damage (Lao took about 700+ damage for some reason, but he was off-screen so he could have also been taking damage from other attacks I didn't see).

Also, did you make sure you upgraded everyone's arts, skills and equipment?

Yeah been upgrading whatever I can whenever it's possible since so much on here can hand me my ass in seconds. I don't actually know what happened that first time around to be honest, I went back for a second try and she hit one member for around 350 damage and missed the rest and I managed to edge out a win even though it got a bit rough, I really should get to grinding some levels since I was only lv12 when I took it on.

Top Bottom