• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

random25

Is there an option to get craft ingredients for stuff without going online?

So many things need Telethia parts and I'm not about to solo a level 99 for that :(

Well...nope. The easiest way is to go online and fight the Nemesis or get those reward tickets to buy telethia parts.

Well...nope. The easiest way is to go online and fight the Nemesis or get those reward tickets to buy telethia parts.

It's the easiest way but it's not the only way in most cases.

But yes, I definitely wouldn't recommend forgoing reward tickets. Getting things through time attack missions takes way too long, and that's assuming your characters are even built for those missions.

Xenoboy

About the murder case mission -
Powell deserves no sympathy from me, considering all the nasty things he did on earth. I think he said that he fed a Crocodile with a human, like wtf...

random25

It's the easiest way but it's not the only way in most cases.

But yes, I definitely wouldn't recommend forgoing reward tickets. Getting things through time attack missions takes way too long, and that's assuming your characters are even built for those missions.

I can't think of any other methods besides fighting the boss itself in its full power offline and the online things mentioned though.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Not just the overwork, but the Man-on being insane about pizza and getting all furious and nasty about it complaining about everything.

Not to justify Powell's actions, but I sort of understand where he's coming from.

At which point are you in the game?

The nemesis Telethia isn't so bad really. Soloing it after chapter 12 isn't hard at all if you get Ares 90 (and after that a proper non-skell build).

I'm post game, but don't have an Ares. Not 60 yet either. Kind of lame that there isn't a better offline option for sourcing materials, because I can pretty much make nothing right now post-game.

I'm post game, but don't have an Ares. Not 60 yet either.

The nemesis Telethia is the online one, and even one level 50 skell will do just fine against it (the Ares90 is overkill against it, honestly). But it does require you to be online unfortunately. In fact the nemesis Telethia is what I farmed to get the Ares90 materials.

The nemesis Telethia is the online one, and even one level 50 skell will do just fine against it (the Ares90 is overkill against it, honestly). But it does require you to be online unfortunately. In fact the nemesis Telethia is what I farmed to get the Ares90 materials.
Oh yeah, agreed. That's what I did too.

Apparently, if you go to the Delusians North Summit during spores, there are level 81-83 Icluses up there that drop Ultra gear...and they are pathetically easy to kill for level 83 indigens.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So I notice Elma's skell gas is really low. When my main character leaves her skell, the gas refills... but this doesn't seem like it's happening for Elma. Do I just need to spend miranium to refill the skell gas on my non-leads or am I missing something?

Branson

Ok. Finally getting this Wednesday thanks to Amazon finally getting back in stock. I'm excited to finally be late to the party on this.

Just beat Chapter 12:

Unfortunately, I got spoiled that Elma had a "true form" by accidentally clicking a spoiler tag. That said, I don't think I 100% expected her to be a xeno. I did notice when she talked about humanity she phrased her words in a way that hinted she wasn't actually part of humanity. I did wonder how people learned about the coming battle that would destroy Earth so Elma warning them makes sense. I'm glad we can switch between Elma's forms.

The part where mims are still working despite the database being destroyed is pretty interesting. If Monolith Soft doesn't make a direct sequel, I hope they at least give us an explanation.

On to the post-game!

HeroR

Did the water plant quest not long ago. So far, one of my favorite quests and easily beats the quests from XC outside of one or two plot chains. It was like something from Aliens and a grim reminder that this new world is dangerous. Feel so bad for the npcs, but I'm glad that I got it to a bittersweet ending.

Dee Dee

I told them straight up if there are too many of them people in NLA will freak out. And they agreed to keep their population levels low.

I don't know what would have happened if you chose to say that people would welcome them with open arms during that dialogue.

I told them we will welcome them with open arms, and now they are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. It is crazy - I flooded NLA.

The mission with the ancient tree from
the prone
was hilarious though. XD

Hey by the way, who did you marry the big fat guy on the Ma-Non ship to? I picked the shy girl, he sounded like he had actual feelings for her.
After that I did the "Forbidden Love" mission, and my boyfriend decided to check in on me just as the final dialogue took place. I had a lot to explain about the game.
At least I have a tuxedo now.

Daknight

That one shook me pretty hard because I was looking for Hope so I could do her heart-to-heart at the time and I got a little worried that maybe she had finally snapped...

I haven't been able to do any heart-to heart. I haven't been able to find the first in the sequence in them -_- got some for Irna, Lin, Elma and the commander...but not the start of the sequence for either.

Not just the overwork, but the Man-on being insane about pizza and getting all furious and nasty about it complaining about everything.

Not to justify Powell's actions, but I sort of understand where he's coming from.

At which point are you in the game?

The nemesis Telethia isn't so bad really. Soloing it after chapter 12 isn't hard at all if you get Ares 90 (and after that a proper non-skell build).

Yeah, it wasn't direct...but they have some fault on hrr death. The delivery you do first is kind eye opener after you complete the mission.

Chapter 9 boss it's impossible for me. I don't get it. I'm level 35. Astral Crusader. My party wipes real fast.

Might need to be a bit higher. I was around 36-37 for that fight and still had a tough time with it.

Make sure you're leveling up your arts and skills and I'd also recommend grinding before the fight for a few minutes to build up your TP so you can overdrive.

Neiteio

This game is shaking my conviction that MGSV would be my GOTY, followed by Bloodborne. I'm beginning to think XCX will overtake both and be the overall winner on my list.

I'm trying to see through the honeymoon phase, but I'm just so smitten with how perfectly this game handles exploration and the discovery of amazing worlds and creatures — some of my favorite things in games.

I think I realized this when writing about XCX on my GOTY list and realizing, "Wow, this game is an experience."

After having several weeks now to think about Xenoblade X after beating it... I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty disappointed with it overall. I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything like that (it's still good with some interesting ideas), but compared to the original Xenoblade... It's just not what I wanted from a Xenoblade sequel. :(

I was listening to the Xenoblade soundtrack while studying, and it just brought back so many memories of playing that game. Each piece of music fitting perfectly with the scenes (and I can imagine each scene happening with the various music). It was just a memorable game for me, and when I look back at Xenoblade X, nothing really stands out as being memorable. I only beat it like 3 weeks ago, too. Really, the only thing that sticks out to me is the world which was very well done. I can barely remember the cast because of how little they are apart of the main story and some of the affinity missions didn't really do much for me. The main story is SO poorly told and feels fragmented. Only the final mission was particularly interesting (mission 5 was ok), but then the ending was just too
cliffhanger-y for my tastes

Like I said, still a good game, but it's not even close to one of my favorite games and pales in comparison to the original.

Vena

I just realized I have Insectoid Slayer augments on, so lol. Not quite so easy to kill. That said, my teammates don't have them, and they weren't getting too messed up.

Nah they were extremely weak. I wanted to see what they dropped. :p But I did end up running into the Tyrant in the sky during spores, which was nice as I didn't even know he existed lol.

Poyunch

I don't know what would have happened if you chose to say that people would welcome them with open arms during that dialogue.
Something to the effect of every generation will remember the gratitude they have for humans saving their species.

So I'm betting on that.

Xenoboy

Is there any actual way to see what art different Skell weapons gives you when buying them from the shop? If there is, I haven't been able to see it and I have basically wasted some of my money on useless shit.

hmmm there is a character that has a huge crush on your MC

so if you change genders does this character act differently?

the shapeshifter girls they too human a male forms since my X is a girl

Dineren

Banned
Is there any actual way to see what art different Skell weapons gives you when buying them from the shop? If there is, I haven't been able to see it and I have basically wasted some of my money on useless shit.

You can hit R to turn to a page that describes the art each weapon has.

Timeaisis

Adjust Lin's abilities to focus on tanking and survivability, then your own to focus on aoe.

Might need to be a bit higher. I was around 36-37 for that fight and still had a tough time with it.

Make sure you're leveling up your arts and skills and I'd also recommend grinding before the fight for a few minutes to build up your TP so you can overdrive.

Thanks, I got through it but it wasn't easy.

Malus

This game is shaking my conviction that MGSV would be my GOTY, followed by Bloodborne. I'm beginning to think XCX will overtake both and be the overall winner on my list.

I'm trying to see through the honeymoon phase, but I'm just so smitten with how perfectly this game handles exploration and the discovery of amazing worlds and creatures — some of my favorite things in games.

I think I realized this when writing about XCX on my GOTY list and realizing, "Wow, this game is an experience."

They honeymoon phase is real lol. I went from really liking it, to loving it, to being bored and disappointed, to dropping it, and then loving it again. Now I'm 190 hours in grinding augments for the Ether Blossom dance build, and I still discovered a couple new areas yesterday. It's gonna be sad when there's nothing left to do :'(

Also I dare you to get as many data probes as you can in Cauldros without using Skell flight. That place has fantastic terrain. Really if the sense of discovery is what you're after you should probably explore every area thoroughly on foot before going over them in your skell.

If im really enjoying this, would i enjoy xenoblade chronicles? Really thinking of giving that a shot now

playyyy iiiitttttt

A lot of people prefer the original.

I heard there's a Heart-to-Heart that's missable after Chapter 9. Can someone tell me where it is? Fifty hours in and I have not seen a single Heart-to-Heart anywhere.

Vena

I heard there's a Heart-to-Heart that's missable after Chapter 9. Can someone tell me where it is? Fifty hours in and I have not seen a single Heart-to-Heart anywhere.

This is a big spoiler for Chapter 9 if you really, really wan to know:
All of Lao's Heart to Hearts are missable as they are gone after that point.

Zareka

Chapter 9 boss it's impossible for me. I don't get it. I'm level 35. Astral Crusader. My party wipes real fast.
I was just about to post about this now. Admittedly I'm only about level 30, but my party has been doing totally fine up till this point. These dudes wipe me out entirely in less than half a minute.

I just splurged about 500k on new armour for everyone, too. It didn't do anything. ;_;

Edit: I JUST DISCOVERED SKILLS. I HATE MYSELF SO MUUUUUUUCH

If im really enjoying this, would i enjoy xenoblade chronicles? Really thinking of giving that a shot now

Besides sharing a similar combat system and item collection, they are very different games. Xenoblade X lives and dies by its exploration and everything in the game is centered around that.

Xenoblade is a much more linear rpg, and while it has really well designed spaces to explore, your poorer movement options and lack of skells means the game isn't the joy to explore that X is. What Xenoblade does have in its favour is a stronger narrative and better characterisation.

Personally, I consider them the best JRPGs of their respective console generations (Persona 5 may potentially change that), and are both worth your time. Just know that behind the superficial similarities, they are very different games with different appeal.

I think in a few years, XCX will be looked on more favorably. Its one of those games people will really learn to appreciate years down the line, despite its shortcomings.

Vena

Edit: I JUST DISCOVERED SKILLS. I HATE MYSELF SO MUUUUUUUCH

133.gif

This gif is my new favorite for this thread, lol.

Malus

I think in a few years, XCX will be looked on more favorably. Its one of those games people will really learn to appreciate years down the line, despite its shortcomings.

I kinda think the opposite. The world of XCX can be 'replaced' by a bigger/more beautiful world on next gen, and Monolithsoft can take what they learned from the criticisms of this game and polish it up. Whereas you can't really replace the story and characters from the original.

Zareka

133.gif

This gif is my new favorite for this thread, lol.
I totally thought they were automatically applied and that you only got a couple. I should have checked. I know what my track record for being an idiot is like, I should have checked. ARGH.

Definitely. I personally liked it a lot more than this one.

Neiteio

I kinda think the opposite. The world of XCX can be 'replaced' by a bigger/more beautiful world on next gen, and Monolithsoft can take what they learned from the criticisms of this game and polish it up. Whereas you can't really replace the story and characters from the original.
To me, the planet Mira itself is a character. Much like Columbia and Rapture in the BioShock games, or the Spencer Estate in Resident Evil, or Clock Town in Majora's Mask, or Crocodile Isle in DKC2. They can up the ante in the next game, but Mira itself will remain one of the most incredible and multi-faceted characters in games.

XCX is more than the sums of its parts. The way the geology, flora, fauna and natural phenomena all come together as you explore, with the particular flavor and atmosphere this game has from the OST, art direction and general premise, makes it feel special. :)

This is a big spoiler for Chapter 9 if you really, really wan to know:
All of Lao's Heart to Hearts are missable as they are gone after that point.
I'm not looking at your post (even whilst replying) because I don't want spoilers for chapter 9. I just wanted to know the location of that missable Heart-to-Heart, if that's possibl. :]

Top Bottom