• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Dubz

I'm trying to link some probes for an affinity mission where I need to get 3000 credits from FrontierNav and I'm finding it hard to look for probes.

I have 2 questions....

How do I drop this mission?

If I can't drop it, where should I go to find some easy probes without getting steamrolled by high level mobs? I'm level 12 I believe

I am not ready for chapter 10.
Maybe I never will be. :/
I hit another wall. Goodnight game.
Grind to get a lvl 50 (light) skell, mine some Qmoeva (enemy skells) for evasion boost parts, dodge everything, win.

People say "oh, you'll be overlevelled if you're that strong!"

Wrong! Not having to grind is the privilege of the talented. For the rest of us, you gotta work at that shit

Ventara

I have a question. I currently only have level 30 skells. Is it feasible for me to start aiming for the Ares 90, or do I need a step in-between? If so, which skell should I get next?

R00bot

Grind to get a lvl 50 skell, mine some Qmoeva (enemy skells) for evasion boost parts, dodge everything, win.

People say "oh, you'll be overlevelled if you're that strong!"

Wrong! Not having to grind is the privilege of the talented. For the rest of us, you gotta work at that shit

Damn man I barely had a level 50 skell for the final battle.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I have a question. I currently only have level 30 skells. Is it feasible for me to start aiming for the Ares 90, or do I need a step in-between? If so, which skell should I get next?

You can run a 50 Amdusias to get you started and then rush a 90 so you can start building your desired 60 mech.

Just expect a lot of farming and grinding for materials and weapons.

-------------------------

Soon I'm gonna be getting a medium Skell(Lailah Queen 6000 GP capacity) that can have infinite overdrive thanks to a ridiculous sidearm you can get off of Milsaadi Savages(FN 513 around the Volcano place). It's called Discbomb(Thermal Element) and it can come with an exclusive skill called MSL MAG IV/V and can be upgraded to IX/X. (Mag V only comes off the 260GG version)

The sidearm is really ridiculous. It can generate 1000 GP with the R-GP augment and the weapon is only on a 4 second cooldown. I have 2 of em. At MSL MAG X it turns the 3 hits into 30. And 10k x 30 is 300k damage for no effort. Makes the Ares sidearms look like toys for a child.

You'll want Treasure Sensor to get these to drop. Took me about 2 hours so it's all RNG based. But it's well worth the time sink.

R00bot

Possible but tough, you'll probably save yourself a lot of time by using the 50s as a stepping stone.

HeroR

After seeing everyone praise the exploration here I feel like I'm doing something wrong. XBX is the most constricted I've felt in a long time due to the fact I can't go more than 3 steps without getting insta gibbed by some stupid hgh level mob. Even when I find a level appropriate area, it's only ever for that tiny segment; it's probably surrounded by more mobs 20 levels above me. Throw in the fact that I find a silly amount of Fellreaver-esque cutting about and I feel like I don't get the freedom to explore, at least until I out level everything.

I've played 60 hours so far thinking "this'll get better once I can move around freely". And it has gotten a little better as I've levelled up, obviously. But running into level 40's to 50's off the bat was overkill, imo. Kinda killing it for me.

Unlike most RPGs, you never feel powerful in this game (at least not until the endgame or after). The moment you feel powerful and feel you can conquer the planet with your hands tied, some creature comes and beats you butt even when you have a Skell. I like that. There is no official noob area or endgame area. There are monsters everywhere who will eat you alive if you dropped your guard, which is fitting for surviving on some unknown world. Being complicate is your biggest enemy.

It is not for everyone granted. Some like a more linear road of progression.

Diffense

Unlike most RPGs, you never feel powerful in this game (at least not until the endgame or after). The moment you feel powerful and feel you can conquer the planet with your hands tied, some creature comes and beats you butt even when you have a Skell. I like that. There is no official noob area or endgame area. There are monsters everywhere who will eat you alive if you dropped your guard, which is fitting for surviving on some unknown world. Being complicate is your biggest enemy.

It is not for everyone granted. Some like a more linear road of progression.

It forces you to respect Mira all the way through. Some enemies that you could easily beat will also overwhelm you if there are too many of them.

I'm trying to link some probes for an affinity mission where I need to get 3000 credits from FrontierNav and I'm finding it hard to look for probes.

I have 2 questions....

How do I drop this mission?

If I can't drop it, where should I go to find some easy probes without getting steamrolled by high level mobs? I'm level 12 I believe
You can't drop affinity missions or advance plot until they are done. Thankfully that one is simple.

Find Kirsty in the Admin District and do The Probe-fessional normal mission she gives you that practically walks you though getting 3000 from frontiernav (
you're given a research probe to put on FN117 and then discover the sightseeing spot there which boosts the income that FN117 gives when a research probe is on it by a lot
). If you're still a little short after doing that remove all mining probes which should hopefully push you over the edge.

Malus

Beat the story mode earlier today. Last fight was kinda hard. Thought I was ready for it, but just barely pulled through after losing twice. Saw most of the twists coming as it was foreshadowed to hell. Didn't really like the to-be-continued type ending, as it wasn't enough for a direct sequel, but too much to leave satisfied. Overall, it was a good ending, though.

If I were to compare this to Xenoblade on the Wii, in gameplay terms, it's obviously superior, but I felt it lacked the sense of amazement and wonder that XC Wii sometimes gave. I think it has to do with the music and the characters not being as memorable. I mean, there are vistas in XCX WiiU that match, or even surpass the ones in XC Wii, but there was no moment for me that could match the beginning in XC Wii where I took control of Shulk on a bright beautiful day and had this extreme urge to explore, or when I came out of a cave on the Bionis Leg and saw the Mechonis looming over me in the distance. Those are moments in gaming I will remember for years to come. Sadly, there was none in XCX. Just "wow, this is great/amazing/really cool" parts that many other great games can lay claim to, which is nothing bad at all. Just that it wasn't able to reach past that to where XC Wii reached.

Anyways, I'm trying to work on getting the level 60 Skells. I'll have to search up where to get some of these, as the guide is useless since I'll have to go through the entire enemy list to find which one drops what.

I thought there was a lot more interesting stuff to discover while exploring that gave X more of a wow factor over the original. It also doesn't have the lows that the original has in terms of maps, like Ether Mine and the various Mechonis areas.

Mazre

So I maxed my main class today, is there any purpose to switching to a fresh one other than alternate build options/playstyles? Arts are tied to specific weapon types yes?

Also just unlocked skells, any recommendations for what level 30 frames to go with, any to keep away from, money is still super tight and I don't have the probes yet for some of the suggested set ups to solve that so I don't want to waste funds on a crummy frame.

I thought there was a lot more interesting stuff to discover while exploring that gave X more of a wow factor over the original. It also doesn't have the lows that the original has in terms of maps, like Ether Mine and the various Mechonis areas.

pls the Mechonis was perfectly fine

Ether Mine was trash though, even had trash music to go with its trash map

Diffense

So I maxed my main class today, is there any purpose to switching to a fresh one other than alternate build options/playstyles? Arts are tied to specific weapon types yes?

Also just unlocked skells, any recommendations for what level 30 frames to go with, any to keep away from, money is still super tight and I don't have the probes yet for some of the suggested set ups to solve that so I don't want to waste funds on a crummy frame.

Arts are tied to weapons but you have to master the end/leaf classes to be able to wield the weapons of a particular class without being that class. So if you've mastered an end class you should switch. You can always equip your old weapons and arts but your ranking points will be going towards mastering something else so you will be more flexible in the future.

Malus

Sword Valley, Mechonis Field, and Agniratha all felt like the same place to me, with the same kinda enemies and relatively constrained level design compared to the Bionis. Just dull.

I was still enjoying it though due to the story/gameplay/music.

Mia's affinity mission was really cute. For a second I thought I'd have to fight that lvl. 60 behemoth but I managed to sneak around instead. Whew.

Nice little fact about Mia's parents there at the end too!

Cmon Nintendo, gimme Mia's Fabolous Journey Part 2 DLC plz.

an affinity mission says the destination is sylvanum but i dont have a flying skell yet...how does this work?

Island hopping, or just head in that direction in your non-flying skell. They move fast enough across water to get there in no time.

I went there when I was around level 15 without a skell and grabbed the first probe by island hopping and avoided everything that moved.

HeroR

I kinda disagree. The area around the Hidden Village and the capital was fun. The actual Mechonis wasn't. It just didn't feel alive and was more like an overlong dungeon. The music was awesome though.

Hated the Either Mine. The first time I played, I got lost for like two hours. So happy that the majority of it is lost forever. And I already named several maps that are fun to looked at, but I didn't like exploring.

I think Xenoblade X simulates exploring an alien world pretty well. One big part of this is due to how the indigens are spread out, kind of like an actual living environment. At all times you occupy a particular space in the food chain, with that in mind you immediately decide whether an indigen you encounter is something you can prey on or something that will prey on you if you make a misstep.

It reminds me of the discovery channel segments where they show an animal finding something to kill and eat while avoiding predators.

Jims

I have been neglecting the industrial district waaaaaay too much. Went back there recently and there was, like, 6 red question marks waiting for me. The residential and commercial districts command too much attention! Am torn between just doing all of them real quick or finally getting a move onto Chapter 11.

Also got
Yelv
, who I kind of hate and don't want to use.

I am not ready for chapter 10.
Maybe I never will be. :/
I hit another wall. Goodnight game.

Chapter 10 is hard. I was able to do it with four Level 30 Skells but just barely. It was just me and the fourth party member when we finally took it down and it took 2 lucky consecutive cockpit modes at the very end.

I found sweeping through the individual pieces that look like satellite dishes to be a decent place to start... They don't hit very hard and keeps you kind of out of the main action. And after that, finish the last 1/4th to 1/3rd of the health by attacking the main body up top. It's tough but doable. Good luck!

Hated the Either Mine. The first time I played, I got lost for like two hours. So happy that the majority of it is lost forever. And I already named several maps that are fun to looked at, but I didn't like exploring.

YES! Ether Mine was the worst. It has a good boss fight and some decent stuff at the upper section of the mine, but everything down below sucks. When I found out everything there got locked out, I was relieved to not have to revisit that boring place.

Vena

Well.

Here's the jump from Frame-50 to Frame-60, and I'm not even using R.Att or R.Acc boosting gear on the Frame-60 as there are on the Frame-50, so imagine how much higher it would go if I sacrificed the Frame-60 custom armor.

Frame-50 first, then Frame-60.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015jlp9.jpg
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rtkz4.jpg

-Horizon-

I admit I was wrong on my initial assessment of the chapter 9 boss, for the first half and the second half. It's actually really easy.

It was pretty much "do you know how to use the team command list".
Concentrate fire, use melee only, raise tension (or whatever the one to conserve the TP), and then letting them do as they please once they have a full TP bar to help revive allies and whatnot. Those commands pretty much made the encounter waaaaay easier.

I redid the boss battle a lot today and won every one of them
Still no Homura drop though so I gave up on it and just finished up the chapter ;~;

Next thing I want to talk about. Just did the flight module mission and got it on my mechs as well.
Oh my god. I seriously had the hairs on my arms rise when you first flew out of the outfitter hangar.
So good. So dang good. This game just keeps on delivering.

I'll post some miiverse pics in a bit.

HeroR

Xord himself redeems Ether Mine! What are you talking about? :p

Personally, I hated fighting the Mechan until you got the upgraded sword. Mostly because my CPU either didn't use a Break attack or didn't topple when you did Break. It was one of the few times that the CPU really annoyed me.

Dubz

You can't drop affinity missions or advance plot until they are done. Thankfully that one is simple.

Find Kirsty in the Admin District and do The Probe-fessional normal mission she gives you that practically walks you though getting 3000 from frontiernav (
you're given a research probe to put on FN117 and then discover the sightseeing spot there which boosts the income that FN117 gives when a research probe is on it by a lot
). If you're still a little short after doing that remove all mining probes which should hopefully push you over the edge.

I think I did it. It says I'm getting 5100 in revenue. Can I forward time and be done with this?

EDIT: cool I'm done. Gals I know I can't drop Affinity missions

random25

Well.

Here's the jump from Frame-50 to Frame-60, and I'm not even using R.Att or R.Acc boosting gear on the Frame-60 as there are on the Frame-50, so imagine how much higher it would go if I sacrificed the Frame-60 custom armor.

Frame-50 first, then Frame-60.

Those ranged stats are ridiculous.

Personally, I hated fighting the Mechan until you got the upgraded sword. Mostly because my CPU either didn't use a Break attack or didn't topple when you did Break. It was one of the few times that the CPU really annoyed me.

I was just kidding. :p Xord's one hilarious mechon though.

I kinda disagree. The area around the Hidden Village and the capital was fun. The actual Mechonis wasn't. It just didn't feel alive and was more like an overlong dungeon. The music was awesome though.

The Mechonis
(or at least the actual inside, so not counting Sword Valley and/or Galahad Fortress) isn't supposed to feel alive, especially Agniratha
, how the locations are implemented within the plot matters and it is the greatest advantage the first game has.

random25

Here we go, some optimization now (and sacrificed a bit of armor/resistances):

Woah...those ranged stats are absurd. The base stats are already too much.

Edit: Diskbombs and rifles would just be enough to wreck monsters with those ridiculous ranged stats lol.

Golnei

The Ether Mine / Tephra Cave (did they even have their own themes? I can't remember) and Bionis Interior (to a lesser extent) easily had the worst area music in all of the first game. The cave theme in X isn't great, but it's so much better than those.

At least I have a tuxedo now.

I was so disappointed when I got that - Nagi doesn't look bad in it, but it would have been perfect on Irina if they let her wear it.

So nah so fern only has 5k views on youtube :(

If only that was due to people being diverted to the superior instrumental.

Actually, despite that being one of my favourite songs in the game, and easily one of the best vocal tracks in it, it's probably a good argument for how the choice of vocalists and lyrics could have hurt the soundtrack's reception more than anything else. If it were Emi Evans or Sarah Alainn performing it, for example; it might be looked on more favourably.

Found another research probe G5 in the Ganglion Antropolis (cave) in Cauldros. You have to do the Definian Downfall quest to get in there and the enemies are 55-68.

Top Bottom