• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Daknight

Just finish chapter 12.

Kind of figure all of it (humans being data and Elma being a Xeno). It explaining the reason finally and why earth was destroyed was nice.

Last battles were nice long battles, glad I had my lv 50 skells and my team was had arts and skills max for the part your skell is disable :p.

I tought I was going to be done...but then came the after credit scenes and damn! Now that was a nice twist and now I need to find all this answers!!!

-Horizon-

The test flight mech
WVW69iv-a0I13z6snO
Testing it out on my mechs

Discovered free-falling

Somnid

Off the record is bullshit. How could anyone figure this out without a guide? Somewhere in gigantic Sylvalum for like 3 hours in the morning there's a tyrant to kill, even when I know exactly what and where it seems it doesn't have a 100% spawn chance.

random25

Off the record is bullshit. How could anyone figure this out without a guide? Somewhere in gigantic Sylvalum for like 3 hours in the morning there's a tyrant to kill, even when I know exactly what and where it seems it doesn't have a 100% spawn chance.

Well, it's not a 10-star quest for nothing. :p

The biology one doesn't even accurately describe where the enemy you have to kill is, as I found out today.

I have the strategy guide and sometimes i still cant get the info im looking for.

I'm glad you choose to be part of the Verus Masterrace.

I can't help but see the Verus as my signature Skell, I even pretended it "upgraded" when I got the level 50 Verus. I painted it the same colors and even gave it the same name as the old one (Hush Puppy). I use other Skells of course, but I always go back to Hush Puppy. Does anyone else get this feeling for their Skells, and out of curiosity, what did you name it?

random25

Can't resist the bunny ears :3

All you need now is to put that Verus decal in your barracks and the Verus experience is complete.

I can't help but see the Verus as my signature Skell, I even pretended it "upgraded" when I got the level 50 Verus. I painted it the same colors and even gave it the same name as the old one (Hush Puppy). I use other Skells of course, but I always go back to Hush Puppy. Does anyone else get this feeling for their Skells, and out of curiosity, what did you name it?

I named my Verus PHI. Dunno why, but it feels fitting for me lol.

My first bought skell is actually the Inferno. Even if it's weirdly bulky, I like it. Then when I tried the lvl.30 Verus I gave to Elma, I never looked back. That thing just feels fluid to maneuver and looks so good. I still try other skell types to control but Verus is where the home is.

Nia

After 145 hours, I'm ready to beat the game. I guess I'm getting kind of burnt out. I will start and finish chapter 12 tomorrow.

finally got around to some serious questing
jesus theres some dark sidequests in this game
luckily i made the right choices save for one helicoptor (oops)
should finally start ch 10 later tonight

HeroR

The Mechonis
(or at least the actual inside, so not counting Sword Valley and/or Galahad Fortress) isn't supposed to feel alive, especially Agniratha
, how the locations are implemented within the plot matters and it is the greatest advantage the first game has.

When I say alive I mean a living, breathing world. A world can be dead and yet still have signs that life was once there like Oblivia. It is one of the deadest lands in the game, but you see hints everywhere that something was once there. I don't get that on Mechonis, except the Hidden Village and Agniratha. It is probably one of the biggest letdowns I had in the first game to the point it almost felt like the Mechonis was an afterthought.
I guess they had to since they destroyed everything, but the left hand.

Malus

I made the right choice on that one. Then I relaoded and screwed it up on purpose >:D

If only that was due to people being diverted to the superior instrumental.

Ah hell naw.

The Mechonis
(or at least the actual inside, so not counting Sword Valley and/or Galahad Fortress) isn't supposed to feel alive, especially Agniratha
, how the locations are implemented within the plot matters and it is the greatest advantage the first game has.

I get why those areas are the way they are, but it doesn't make them any more enjoyable. Mechonis Field in particular is really ehhhhh. Just a series of corridors and elevators. I also forgot to mention Central Factory, as it's just a blur between those other maps. It's just like how Satorl Marsh is ugly during the day. I understand why, but they could've done something different to make it better like they did with Sylvalum.

If it sounds like I'm ragging on the original a lot, it's one of my favorite games ever and the maps are a big reason for that :)

Is it worth buying for Level 30 Skells for Elma and/or Lin if we're Level 40? Having a little trouble with Chapter 9, but to be frank my only Level 30 Skell isn't optimized at all.

-Horizon-

Is it worth buying for Level 30 Skells for Elma and/or Lin if we're Level 40? Having a little trouble with Chapter 9, but to be frank my only Level 30 Skell isn't optimized at all.
What part of chapter 9 do you have trouble with? I just give everyone a mech if they can pilot one.

go out and gear everyone to the teeth with skells and powerful weapons
and bring a treasure sensor scout because the Homura is worth the grind
also are using a heavy skell like a smart person?

It will make your life much easier for sure. Just get one then start saving money for lv50 skell, one should be enough for final chapter.

Golnei

I found this little spot East? of Lake Ciel. I wonder if this how most of Sylvalum actually looks like under all that ugly pollen. :p

WVW69ivphK0obXiDLL

Somebody should try replacing the textures of the rest of the continent, there probably wouldn't be words for how hideous it'd be.

Also, what you're using for the left arm is probably my favourite piece of armour in the game. I think I've put it on five characters - I'd have loved it if more of the armour went for that sort of cyborg-ish look; it'd be so much more unique than standard fantasy armour.

Level 30 Skells are pretty cheap, and you'll need them for Chapter 10. If you skip anything, skip getting more than one or two Level 50s.

ManeKast

Far out 100hrs of joy and I'm only up to Chapter 11! Amazing game.

Frye's first heart-to-heart is awesome lol. He's probably my favorite character, but I don't use him that much because I don't really care for his design as much as the others.

Frye is awesome!! I used him most of the game.

Thanks for all the advice guys! And I'm having trouble with the second boss fight. All I have is a Level 30 Verus and whatever weapons it came with or I found throughout the game without actively grinding for drops. I've just been really compelled to save as many credits as possible. I haven't even begun to tap into the depth of the combat system.

All you need now is to put that Verus decal in your barracks and the Verus experience is complete.

I named my Verus PHI. Dunno why, but it feels fitting for me lol.

My first bought skell is actually the Inferno. Even if it's weirdly bulky, I like it. Then when I tried the lvl.30 Verus I gave to Elma, I never looked back. That thing just feels fluid to maneuver and looks so good. I still try other skell types to control but Verus is where the home is.

PHI as in the Greek letter? Sounds like potential theme naming for all your Skells. But yeah, the Verus really feels great to use.

I love the side quests in this game, but this thread made me realize how many bad choices I made, why must this game punish my kindness?

ManeKast

Should I be level 50 with level 50 skells for Chapter 11?

Currently level 46 with four level 30 skells. Have about 3 million inthe bank.

random25

PHI as in the Greek letter? Sounds like potential theme naming for all your Skells. But yeah, the Verus really feels great to use.

Yep. Math makes me use Greek symbols a lot for naming things lol.

Are Phogs affinity quests worth completing? His first one was kinda eh.

Do it for the brotherly love.

Level 30 skells team is still manageable. Though having a level 50 skell, even one, makes things a lot easier.

Golnei

Are Phogs affinity quests worth completing? His first one was kinda eh.

Even if you don't love him individually as a character, his first affinity mission with Frye is pretty good. Their next one after that is just fast-travelling to cutscenes, so that depends on what you think of their interactions.

I did it at level 45 - the boss is much easier than Chapter 9 and 10's, you'll mainly just want to make sure your ground gear is adequate.

Juster

Neo Member
90 hours later and all I can say is soooooo gooood!!!! Great Game and so addicting. One of the better rpgs I have played in a long time.

Beat Chapter 10 today. Got the boss down to about a quarter health remaining and since, my teammates were dying, I wanted to take on the minions a bit. Then the spore fog showed up and I couldn't retarget the boss. Somehow while it was only me and Lin alive and both our Skells were in the red, she beat it.

Malus

I like how i can use car mode to cancel my attack animation. Then I drive to the side of the enemy, hit the art button and it automatically goes outta car mode into attack.

Beat Chapter 10 today. Got the boss down to about a quarter health remaining and since, my teammates were dying, I wanted to take on the minions a bit. Then the spore fog showed up and I couldn't retarget the boss. Somehow while it was only me and Lin alive and both our Skells were in the red, she beat it.
i look forward to my lv 50 Asmudeus making it my bitch
i accidentally got 60 yest grinding blatta tyrant for money

Astral Dog

Even if you don't love him individually as a character, his first affinity mission with Frye is pretty good. Their next one after that is just fast-travelling to cutscenes, so that depends on what you think of their interactions.

I did it at level 45 - the boss is much easier than Chapter 9 and 10's, you'll mainly just want to make sure your ground gear is adequate.

Really i thought the Ares was surprisingly difficult compared to the chapter 9 and 10 fights. those invincible shield it makes.also its better to be prepared for the last boss too.

I was going crazy trying to find this cat hoping she is friend with Go Sirho but as I read the 'new' I could not find it

after about 40 minutes it hit me to fly up
WVW69iwBGvYh-kpzL_

stupid cats

they are my favorites

What order would you guys recommend tackling everything post-game?

I just hit 60 and I'm now grinding the affinity support mission to max out everyone and open up all the affinity missions.

But yeah at the same time I need to get an Ares-90, gear myself out for a sick longsword Blossom Dance build, do all the remaining missions, fight tyrants etc etc.

Top Bottom