• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Falcs

Banned
So do you get a lot more research probes later on? Right now I'm at level 26, I've finished Chapter 5, and I've planted probably about 40% of probes across Noctilum and Oblivia. I've got a shit-ton of Mining probes, but hardly any Research probes. Do you get a lot more later? I want mo money, man!

From what I have observes, most of people who don't like or have come a way from this game disappointed are the ones who keep comparing it to Xenoblade, despite the games being very different outside of the combat and open world.

I loved the cast and story from XC, but this game reminds that exploring the actual world and most of the quests were a pain. Makna Forest was eye candy, but I hated traveling it and had my least favorite music track in the game. Alcamoth is absolutely stunning, but I hated navigating those platforms and hated anything that made you swim. Valak Mountain is opened and empty, but beautiful at night and Mechonis Field felt more like a dungeon than a place where people lived unlike the other locations. Remembering who was out at what time was also a pain.

Exploration in XCX is fun and other it can be painful trying to find how to reach that treasure or navigate through a horde of high level mods and tyrants, it is all part of the fun. There is also more weight when you complete several normal quests and you decisions can have real consequences if you're not paying attention.

The battle system is also much better, no question about it. I know people loved changing party members to get a different experience, but you can do the same thing with your avatar. You can turned them into a tank, a dps, crowd control, ect. Yeah, it isn't quite the same as switching characters and there is no mage class, which makes since given the setting, but it is there.

The best way to decided is that XC is one of the best traditional JRPGs with several twists and a good opened world. XCX is one of the best more modern JRPGs with really takes the opened world and create a world that feels truly alive. Plus you control a giant freaking mecha, which changes the game.

Maybe they can blend the strengths of XC and XCX in the next game, but overall all XCX is ace and is one of my favorite RPGs.

I never played the original XC so I'm glad I could play and enjoy XCX without any prior expectations. I was playing the Witcher 3 and was enjoying it until this game pried me away. I plan on playing XC eventually but I think I'll wait until a few more months so I dont try to compare the two games. I mean I will but I dont want to go into XC with XCX being fresh on my mind.

XCX better get a sequel and better have mechs or else I'm gonna riot.

Do it for the brotherly love.

Even if you don't love him individually as a character, his first affinity mission with Frye is pretty good. Their next one after that is just fast-travelling to cutscenes, so that depends on what you think of their interactions.

Ah ok. Might as well finish all the affinity missions since they have voice acting. I just did Murderess' first affinity and it was kind of underwhelming. Thought there would be more to it.

Golnei

Really i thought the Ares was surprisingly difficult compared to the chapter 9 and 10 fights. those invincible shield it makes.also its better to be prepared for the last boss too.

I guess it's subjective, but using the same Skells, I ended up dying a few times on both and having to micromanage skills and gear to get through, while getting through Chapter 11's boss the first time with a default setup.

And it might be better to do the bulk of endgame preparation after Chapter 11 - a lot of regular and affinity missions only open up afterwards. Grinding beforehand just puts you in a situation where you'll steamroll everything between Chapter 11 and the endgame.

i demand a wrothian party member in the next game
preferably female

Going to the trouble of making a Wrothian playable and not having her be female would be an utterly disgraceful betrayal; and proof Monolith have no understanding of either their audience or the world they've created. Why are there male Wrothians, anyway?

random25

So do you get a lot more research probes later on? Right now I'm at level 26, I've finished Chapter 5, and I've planted probably about 40% of probes across Noctilum and Oblivia. I've got a shit-ton of Mining probes, but hardly any Research probes. Do you get a lot more later? I want mo money, man!

Scavenge for those mechanical treasures. Just a disclaimer though, there are not so much research probes in the whole game.

Vena

What's the point of developing any of these other level 60 skells not called Ares 90?

For Skells like this:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cyuru.jpg
wiiu_screenshot_tv_013os5x.jpg

Which will out pace the Ares-90, with Super Weapons equipped. But its all vanity, Ares-90 can kill every boss in the game given enough work and augments.

why do Npcs keep trying to attack me when they have no chance in hell of beating me
game needs an intimidate dialog option
im lv 60 and my character is based off of Pascal, Joker voice and all and with a lv 50 skell named Armacia
what was your actual plan
Alex,Godd,etc
they might as well hurl themselves into a monsters mouth

Vena

Not that it really matters, but I take it Ares 70>"regular" 60 skells?

Raw stats, wise, I think its actually inferior to the regular 60s. Not sure though, but it still has the Ares weakness of lack four equipment slots/12 augment slots.

why do Npcs keep trying to attack me when they have no chance in hell of beating me
game needs an intimidate dialog option
im lv 60 and my character is based off of Pascal, Joker voice and all and with a lv 50 skell named Armacia
what was your actual plan
Alex,Godd,etc
they might as well hurl themselves into a monsters mouth

Some of them do...

Golnei

Do I really have to spend fuel jumping now that I have the flight module? I can't just regular jump?

If you press ZR and ZL simultaneously, you can immediately go into freefall and minimise fuel consumption, but the jump itself is gone. I hope you like the first 2 seconds of Don't Worry.

Just got the Flight Pack and wow, that is immensely satisfying and liberating. I can see why people say it trivializes exploration a bit, though; I've only flown over Primordia and thought to myself if I could have reached some of these areas on foot. I still plan to explore Sylvalum some more and tackle Cauldros on foot before flying over them, though.

Vena

Just got the Flight Pack and wow, that is immensely satisfying and liberating. I can see why people say it trivializes exploration a bit, though; I've only flown over Primordia and thought to myself if I could have reached some of these areas on foot. I still plan to explore Sylvalum some more and tackle Cauldros on foot before flying over them, though.

Go inside the big Sylvalum ball and attack stuff!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hey, how do infinity Alexa's Weaponized Sffinity mission for recruitment?

How do I get to Sylyvalum? I have no way to fly there, only level 19/no skell

Vena

You can go anywhere in the game on foot/swimming. Nothing (except some minor post-game zones) are walled by flight/Skells. Sylvalum is north of Primorida, you can either walk there (hard since enemies are all over on land) or just swim (easy, since no enemies are there).

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
You can go anywhere in the game on foot/swimming. Nothing (except some minor post-game zones) are walled by flight/Skells. Sylvalum is north of Primorida, you can either walk there (hard since enemies are all over on land) or just swim (easy, since no enemies are there).

This is gonna take awhile....

There's the swimming way, a bit safer but you're swimming the whole way.

Then there's the land bridge route. 50/50 swimming and running. The running usually being running from higher level enemies.

Dice//

Banned
yup! hope you enjoy the music constantly getting broken up

lel

For a game that's thought of almost every player convenience in the book, this is just baffling. It's minor.... but all the more bizarre because of it. Wish they had a "double jump" feature (one press of ZR gets you to jump, another mid-air gets you to fly).

For a game that's thought of almost every player convenience in the book, this is just baffling. It's minor.... but all the more bizarre because of it. Wish they had a "double jump" feature (one press of ZR gets you to jump, another mid-air gets you to fly).

No.

No.

I like this game a lot, but the official threads themselves are testaments to how not convenient the game is.

There's the swimming way, a bit safer but you're swimming the whole way.

Then there's the land bridge route. 50/50 swimming and running. The running usually being running from higher level enemies.
Wait, there's a pure water route? what, and I thought the route I took was the "swimming" route
LOL no, this game is basically "Minor Inconveniences: The Game"

Well, I've done every Normal Mission I could find without a guide or meticulously checking the continents, and I've done all the Affinity Missions I can at this point without copious affinity grinding. I think it might be time for the final chapter.

Omzz

The thing that annoys me the most about this game is the annoying process in adding party members. Who thought it would be convenient to go run up to each member just to add them to your party? It's such a confusing design choice

A simple menu option is all that was needed.

Golnei

The thing that annoys me the most about this game is the annoying process in adding party members. Who thought it would be convenient to go run up to each member just to add them to your party? It's such a confusing design choice

A simple menu option is all that was needed.

The inability to keep a reserve party, the lack of any shared EXP, and being forced to return to the barracks to recover, register and refuel Skells instead of using base camps are probably the design decisions which annoy me the most, along with the removal of jumping after you get the flight module.

So...where the hell is Doug? I see the grid where he's supposed to be for his heart to heart, it says he's there in the afternoon in the residential district, it doesn't say there are any requirements....where the hell is he? For that matter, where is Phog's first heart to heart? I have the grids check marked for his second and third, but no sign of the first.

Haunted

So...where the hell is Doug? I see the grid where he's supposed to be for his heart to heart, it says he's there in the afternoon in the residential district, it doesn't say there are any requirements....where the hell is he? For that matter, where is Phog's first heart to heart? I have the grids check marked for his second and third, but no sign of the first.
Make sure he's not in your party while looking for heart to hearts. Aside from that, he should be there if your affinity is high enough.

Haunted

The inability to keep a reserve party, the lack of any shared EXP, and being forced to return to the barracks to recover, register and refuel Skells instead of using base camps are probably the design decisions which annoy me the most, along with the removal of jumping after you get the flight module.
Give me an honest interview with the designers responsible. I do want to know what they wanted to achieve with those decisions. So much thought put into so many elements in this game, they must've had a reason.

Make sure he's not in your party while looking for heart to hearts. Aside from that, he should be there if your affinity is high enough.

Naturally he's not in my party. Where exactly does he stand? I've run all over every inch of that cul-de-sac. Pepper and Wilbur are probably ready to file a trespassing claim against me.

Give me an honest interview with the designers responsible. I do want to know what they wanted to achieve with those decisions. So much thought put into so many elements in this game, they must've had a reason.

I have no problem with them being scattered about doing their own business. But considering everybody had sci-fi smart phones, you'd think calling up a teammate would have been a thing.

Go inside the big Sylvalum ball and attack stuff!
I feel like it's too soon for that! I was already flying away from most monsters in the air in Primordia. Definitely going to spend a few hours exploring and doing some Normal and Affinity Quests before taking on Chapter 10. I'll get around to optimizing my build and learning how to Overdrive eventually. So much to do in this game; this is the time I wish I was a kid again. Now I have responsibilities, :p

chadboban

Play/idle a ton; already got 99999999

I have 29 million and I haven't done the last chapter yet. A good FrontierNav setup and lots of quests means lots of time to earn money.

Frontier. Monsters when you farm for 60-gear drop loot that's usually 100k+ worth of money per few seconds.

Money is totally useless post-game.

A good frontier nav setup earns a ton of money

Doing post game just gets money accumulated even with a bad setup due to nothing to spend it on

Thanks guys. Looks like I need to spend some more time on my FrontierNav.

Haunted

I would have accepted putting everyone in my barracks, they're part of the squad after all.

Or another option when the game asks you whether you want to leave the barracks.

Yes
No
Arrange Party

Or arranging the party from the BLADE scout console.

So many in-game ways to make party management less of a hassle while still respecting the lore.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration

I think hes in the hangar

DeathPeak

So, the original Xenoblade made its way into my "all-time" list when I first played it. I was nervous as to what kind of impression X would send me since it's such a different kind of JRPG compared to Xenoblade and many Xenoblade fans weren't expressing much enthusiasm for X After getting a couple hours in (I've only made it to Chapter 4), I absolutely love it! It's easily my favorite open-world to explore from 2015. I can't wait to get a Skell and explore further. It's wonderful to just look at. I have trouble actually advancing the missions because I spend so much time just admiring the scenery. I don't see it surpassing Xenoblade, but right now I'm enjoying every minute of it.

HeroR

I would have accepted putting everyone in my barracks, they're part of the squad after all.

Or another option when the game asks you whether you want to leave the barracks.

Yes
No
Arrange Party

Or arranging the party from the BLADE scout console.

So many in-game ways to make party management less of a hassle while still respecting the lore.

They're not actually part of the same squad. Many of the characters do their own thing like in the Affinity Quests when they go on their own missions. So, it makes since they're not hanging out in the Barrack like an all members club.

It would be nice, however, if you could radio them.

Kyzon

I can't help but see the Verus as my signature Skell, I even pretended it "upgraded" when I got the level 50 Verus. I painted it the same colors and even gave it the same name as the old one (Hush Puppy). I use other Skells of course, but I always go back to Hush Puppy. Does anyone else get this feeling for their Skells, and out of curiosity, what did you name it?

Before Ares I went with the bugs bunny as well. It's black and green, and named Xindicus. I love it, and when I get my level 60 one it will be the new Xindicus.

Jackano

60 skells without super weapons < Ares90 < 60 skells with superweapons

I wish I would have read that yesterday. Everyone on internet told me to farm Ares 90, got it yesterday, but seems I can't even change the weapons? (idk, I'm lv59 right now)
Well, will give it to Lin.

JulianImp

I can't help but see the Verus as my signature Skell, I even pretended it "upgraded" when I got the level 50 Verus. I painted it the same colors and even gave it the same name as the old one (Hush Puppy). I use other Skells of course, but I always go back to Hush Puppy. Does anyone else get this feeling for their Skells, and out of curiosity, what did you name it?

I named my first lv50 Lailah Devastator and used mostly black with white lines and some purple highlights, but the fun part is that I chose the name before I had even realized that I had a G2-Buster that basically allowed it to live up to its name. Then there was a Varus that I tried to name DeathRabbit, but the 10-character limit resulted in the way weirder but still oddly funny "DeathRabbi", so I decided to leave it as-is.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I wish I would have read that yesterday. Everyone on internet told me to farm Ares 90, got it yesterday, but seems I can't even change the weapons? (idk, I'm lv59 right now)
Well, will give it to Lin.
Nah man, you need the Ares 90 to farm for other 60 skell stuff.

Top Bottom