• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

well that mystery is solved

for over a year I wondered what the heck was that white thing in the cave

"Gold Rush"

this game is so so strange

I don't remember the original having so many twist and turns

Finished the story.

This was a hell of a lot more of an outline to a story you want to write than an actual finished story. And it's probably all never going to be resolved, is it? Fucking sucks. Mira itself being wack was hinted at in the Professor B quests and I was hoping for at least a resolution to that. Never mind learning about humanity's ancient ancestors and all the other wacky stuff that showed up at the end.

Finished the story.

This was a hell of a lot more of an outline to a story you want to write than an actual finished story. And it's probably all never going to be resolved, is it? Fucking sucks. Mira itself being wack was hinted at in the Professor B quests and I was hoping for at least a resolution to that. Never mind learning about humanity's ancient ancestors and all the other wacky stuff that showed up at the end.

I kinda felt a little like this 100+ hours ago

those side quests make up the meat of this game
I'm going to need a long break from Mira after 100%

resolution would be a let down after this

I think on the whole I like XBC more than XCX. I tend to think some of the minute-to-minute writing in XBC is a mess, but the overall story, now that I liked a lot. I like XCX's story too, but
it's just so incomplete.

Summary:

Story: XBC> XCX
Gameplay: XCX> XBC
Music: XBC>>> XCX
Sidequests: XCX>>>>> XBC
Premise/setting/concept: XBC>>>>>>>>>>>>>XCX

I actually like XCX's premise/setting/concept a lot...but it's really, really fucking hard to beat two gods frozen in battle deadlock with whole worlds living on them. It's probably one of my favourite premises of anything ever.

Now to figure out this level 60 Skell noise and make some overpowered stuff.

I think on the whole I like XBC more than XCX. I tend to think some of the minute-to-minute writing in XBC is a mess, but the overall story, now that I liked a lot. I like XCX's story too, but
it's just so incomplete.

Summary:

I actually like XCX's premise/setting/concept a lot...but it's really, really fucking hard to beat two gods frozen in battle deadlock with whole worlds living on them. It's probably one of my favourite premises of anything ever.

I dunno, I could see myself playing XBX again. I've tried to restart XBC multiple times and the pacing is just so... damned.... slow... I can't force myself past the first chapter...

Granted: I'm on either chapter 7 or 8 right now... I've been doing lots of side and affinity quests as well as trying to fill out my collectopedia.
Damned Hemp Wallet is the only thing keeping me from having 100% in Primordia!

So, I need 10 auravis courtship feathers for the level 5 bio quest, been killing the two on top of the leaning ring for a little bit now and have a whopping 0.

Is there a better place where I can kill a lot more of them, or is this just something I should spend tickets on?

Haunted

So, I need 10 auravis courtship feathers for the level 5 bio quest, been killing the two on top of the leaning ring for a little bit now and have a whopping 0.

Is there a better place where I can kill a lot more of them, or is this just something I should spend tickets on?
Had the same problem.

There are 5 splattered about right at the start of Oblivia, to the left and right and above the initial corridor from Primordia.

What's actually the secret is that you have to destroy the right appendage for them to drop reliably, though. It's been a while so I forgot whether it was the breast/back or the tail (sorry) but destroying a body part was key. It's tough to target them from a Skell, that's not granular enough. Better to do it on foot. They drop basically every time if you do it right, so I wouldn't waste the tickets. Hope that helps!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Why not ardent bridge?

Had the same problem.

There are 5 splattered about right at the start of Oblivia, to the left and right and above the initial corridor from Primordia.

What's actually the secret is that you have to destroy the right appendage for them to drop reliably, though. It's been a while so I forgot whether it was the breast/back or the tail (sorry) but destroying a body part was key. It's tough to target them from a Skell, that's not granular enough. Better to do it on foot. They drop basically every time if you do it right, so I wouldn't waste the tickets. Hope that helps!

Ah I hadn't been targetting appendages, thought they were big enough that my skell would be able to hit them but apparently not, first one dropped one now :p

Why not ardent bridge?

I don't know where that is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Somebody should try replacing the textures of the rest of the continent, there probably wouldn't be words for how hideous it'd be.

Also, what you're using for the left arm is probably my favourite piece of armour in the game. I think I've put it on five characters - I'd have loved it if more of the armour went for that sort of cyborg-ish look; it'd be so much more unique than standard fantasy armour.

Level 30 Skells are pretty cheap, and you'll need them for Chapter 10. If you skip anything, skip getting more than one or two Level 50s.

Yeap. The cyborg arm has a "real" sci-fi tone to it, unlike most of the other, over the top armor stuff. I personally love it because it helps my character to rock an Adam Jensen-esque aesthetic :p.

I dunno, I could see myself playing XBX again. I've tried to restart XBC multiple times and the pacing is just so... damned.... slow... I can't force myself past the first chapter...

Granted: I'm on either chapter 7 or 8 right now... I've been doing lots of side and affinity quests as well as trying to fill out my collectopedia.
Damned Hemp Wallet is the only thing keeping me from having 100% in Primordia!

The pacing in XBC is far and away the worst in the beginning, as is the environment design. They force you underground twice in dreary, uninteresting environments before the game opens up properly. :/

Malus

Where do I find the intel for the A False Hope Affinity Mission?

I've been running around the commercial district looking and even after 190+ hours new dialogue and random tidbits are popping up. Crazy.

But seriously where is the intel lol.

Jisgsaw

I don't think I picked up on either of those. Thanks

Postgame spoilers:
And generally, most of the times the higher ups interact with Elma and talk about humans, they imply they don't include Elma in the statements.

Finished the story.

That'S exactly how I felt. I really hope we get a sequel.

PetrCobra

Needing to spend BLADE medals to go on squad missions seems like pointless extra grind.

What's the most efficient way to get BLADE medals?

Most efficient way I know: scout 3 lv. 1-9 people, kill a high level enemy with them in the party, release them, repeat.

Not too entertaining. Maybe somebody will suggest a better way.

That'S exactly how I felt. I really hope we get a sequel.
Somehow I'd prefer a DLC. Would love to continue the story with these five continents explored, while having a few others to dive into.

HeroR

it's just so incomplete.

Summary:

I see where you are coming from, but the thing is gods are one of the biggest RPG clichés. Granted, the way it is present is original. XCX isn't a new premise either, but this is the first time I have seen a RPG that focus more on survival on a hostile alien war after the end. The only one I can think of that does something similar is Fallout.

I would say as much as I love XC, it have a lot more low points for me than XCX so far. I Either Mine alone is the worse thing in the game and nothing in XCX even comes close to comparing to it. I also didn't like Melia's story since it really was a cliché storm until the last part of the game, although I did enjoy the character.

Golnei

I see where you are coming from, but the thing is gods are one of the biggest RPG clichés. Granted, the way it is present is original.

I definitely preferred the story when it treated the Bionis and Mechonis more as mysterious forces of nature rather than
a smug anime villain and a useless RPG goddess
, at least.

Some more info on the reflect Gatling gun build I posted last night. To post a summary:
He says most of his build in the comments of the other video, and tries to respond to english questions even.

Augments:
Javelin - Appendage Crusher (x3)
Gatling Gun (Thermal type) - Range Attack Up XX (x2), Thermal Attack Up XX
Head - Reflect: Beam
Torso - Reflect: Gravity (Innate Trait) + Reflect: Ether
Left Arm - Reflect: Thermal
Right Arm - Reflect: Physical

Skills:
Boosted Bullets
Combo Gunner
Trigger Happy
Secondary Accelerator
Conflagent Edge

Arts:
Raijin, Hair Trigger, Cool Off, Missile Volley, Fire Carnival, Thermal Payload, Bullet Twister, Bullet Storm

Also one of his armor pieces has Aura Rapid Cooldown trait. At begining of video you can see he has half cooldowns from Combo Gunner, but then after activating Raijin the cooldowns are even shorter. Usually torso armor has that trait.
Talondrake drops armour with reflect:gravity. Aura Rapid cooldown also benefits blossom dance builds (my lack of it probably explains why I struggled to with those).

Alternative to Javelin is Shield (Supershield grants physical reflect) and Photon Saber (Atrolibrium reflects beam...given it boosts beam damage use with raygun)

For Nemesis switch to knife first 3 arts are full specs, energy source, smooth recovery and you change the reflect augments too (as Reflect: * augments only work with reflection arts).

I wish I knew what augments were built into the Armour better but on the positive side it gives opportunity to experiment.

I wish I would have read that yesterday. Everyone on internet told me to farm Ares 90, got it yesterday, but seems I can't even change the weapons? (idk, I'm lv59 right now)
Well, will give it to Lin.
In terms of difficulty to farm Ares 90 is far easier than the rest and makes getting the rest far easier. Also I beat Telethia the endbringer solo with a single Ares 90 (strategy info here). Only having 4 arts might suck as does having 18 weapon augments (though honestly I've not filled them all) but I believe Agni Gatling is one of the only weapons to have custom.wp.speed built-in which when maxed and stacked with 3 custom.wp.speed XX augments (remember custom only affects weapon it is equipped to) means you can constantly use it due to the cooldown being reduced by over 95%.

How to kill those boss in time attack less than 5 secs? '_'
Social > Leaderboard > time attack > view current avatar usually spills the beans.

In general though ranged attacks and distance boosts (so you can start shooting them sooner).

Most efficient way I know: scout 3 lv. 1-9 people, kill a high level enemy with them in the party, release them, repeat.

Not too entertaining. Maybe somebody will suggest a better way.
For lower level scouts support missions or time attacks and using the ones inside the barracks to start with is fast.

While it has a lot of fast travel time I tend to farm gear while having two scouts though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 262,418 as of January 5th, 2016 - 12:36 GMT

Now that I have 5 in all the field skills I went and flew around Primordia, Noctilum and Oblivia and collected everything, and am now at 80% overall completion!

Sylvalum and Cauldros up tomorrow, then I guess I have to finally farm for the Ares 90 which I don't want to do :p

rhandino

Banned
Oh god, I was postponing the BFF's affinity mission (and a lot of the affinity missions in the Blade Barracks tbh) and that thing opened a AM focused on Thermal weapons... and the shield they sell are perfect for Lin =3

Also at first I thought that Cauldros was going to be boring since it's basically Volcano Land but oh god at the White Phosphorus Lake and those weird floating structures all around that place.

Cedric

Quick question, is this game playable (as in not too slow) without installing the packs? My Wii U memory is almost full, I had to delete save files from other games in order to get the Cloud DLC for Smash. I really want to buy X but I probably only have enough data left for a save file...

random25

Quick question, is this game playable (as in not too slow) without installing the packs? My Wii U memory is almost full, I had to delete save files from other games in order to get the Cloud DLC for Smash. I really want to buy X but I probably only have enough data left for a save file...

Yes. It will only affect loading times and such but the game runs smooth still without data packs.

Haunted

Now that I have 5 in all the field skills I went and flew around Primordia, Noctilum and Oblivia and collected everything, and am now at 80% overall completion!

Sylvalum and Cauldros up tomorrow, then I guess I have to finally farm for the Ares 90 which I don't want to do :p
It took me a full evening to get all the components for the Ares 90, even using a guide and knowing how to obtain all the items in the optimal way.

totally worth it

Golnei

He's an AI with some transplanted memories. He's used to hunt the White Whale parts.

Makes sense.

It's hilarious how the only two party members in the game with skintones darker than a light tan turn out to be
an AI and an alien
. And the latter
doesn't even keep it

ttNKAex.jpg

I found an item in this chest, "file...something...". I can't find it in my inventory and I have no idea about its purpose. It is really not rewarding to loot something this obscure. I can't even search the name on the net or in the official guide because it wa very complicated and shown very briefly...

If someone could satiate my curiosity...

On the subject, the game and the official prima guide are very lacking. I bought the collector edition andit's worthless. there's nothing to guide you at all, it just a data dump from what you get ine the game. they don't tell you how or where to obtain items. There's not detailed maps with all the treaures and sight seeing areas.
The quality of the print isn't even good. If you aren't a collector, don't buy it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You likely found a super weapon plan. Go to the AM terminal and go into the crafting and into the skell weapon category. That or its a crafting plan for something else.

I found an item in this chest, "file...something...". I can't find it in my inventory and I have no idea about its purpose. It is really not rewarding to loot something this obscure. I can't even search the name on the net or in the official guide because it wa very complicated and shown very briefly...

Yeah. I was hoping to find just one more storage probe, but I ended up getting these. I'd like to know what they are as well.

ttNKAex.jpg

On the subject, the game and the official prima guide are very lacking. I bought the collector edition andit's worthless. there's nothing to guide you at all, it just a data dump from what you get ine the game. they don't tell you how or where to obtain items. There's not detailed maps with all the treaures and sight seeing areas.
The quality of the print isn't even good. If you aren't a collector, don't buy it.
Yeah I would agree with you about the collectors edition but I only paid $6 for mines so it wasn't that bad of a loss.

Fandangox

ttNKAex.jpg

Those are blueprints. They contain weapons/gear for you to craft at the AM console next to the shop console.

Thanks for the replies!
Not a great reward :(

The openness of the game is causing me lot of troubles since I got the flying skell. I feel completely lost and don't know what to do. Either I find items and ennemies way about my level, or they are things I missed earlier. in either case, the rewards are useless and don't let me evolve and progress. I feel like I'm stuck. the only thing I can do is wandering in the world and wait 50 Ticks to have enough funds for a 50 lv skell.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
It's hilarious how the only two party members in the game with skintones darker than a light tan turn out to be
an AI and an alien
. And the latter
doesn't even keep it

My MC is dark skinned, but yeah it's definitely an issue for me, especially the latter as you mentioned.

Luigi87

Getting around to some affinity quests I've skipped on...

"Whole caravan get loopy on pollen orbs tonight!"

... Oh... well then.

Top Bottom