• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Speaking of that prick, how do I hit 200.000 in cash with my piddly number of research probes since the game refuses to give me anymore? Can't punch him in the face, can only out earn him.
dont know
i have 165k a tick so getting 200k shouldnt be to hard
just gotta rearrange some probes is all
im out of research probes so gonna need to get some more first
i think gamefaqs has a location guide for em

I see where you are coming from, but the thing is gods are one of the biggest RPG clichés. Granted, the way it is present is original. XCX isn't a new premise either, but this is the first time I have seen a RPG that focus more on survival on a hostile alien war after the end. The only one I can think of that does something similar is Fallout.

I would say as much as I love XC, it have a lot more low points for me than XCX so far. I Either Mine alone is the worse thing in the game and nothing in XCX even comes close to comparing to it. I also didn't like Melia's story since it really was a cliché storm until the last part of the game, although I did enjoy the character.

I get why people might not like XBC as much because gods are cliche in JRPGs, but I goddamn love stories about gods. SMT is my favourite RPG series for many reasons, but that's one of them.

And the Ether Mine is bad, yes. Very drab and uninteresting location, and right near the beginning, which I expect turns some people off the game.

You don't need them for Squad missions, just Global Nemesis battles.

Oh. Well that's what I'm doing, anyway.

You forgot to actually link something here btw.
Thanks, fixed that now. If you like seeing big numbers flashing on the screen at really daft rate the videos in the post I linked are worth watching.

Speaking of that prick, how do I hit 200,000 in cash with my piddly number of research probes since the game refuses to give me any more? Can't punch him in the face, can only out earn him.
I'm pretty sure nobody ever needs you to earn 200k in one cycle. There is a quest with Tobias in where you have to give him some money.

But if you want 200k from on FN cycle you're going to have Caludros on top of Oblivia with the same principle of duplicator on area with 4 nodes surrounded by booster and research and you're just going to have to find research probes around the world. A Japanese wiki seems to have a good list.

It isn't really combos that are important but having the high grade sightseeing spots duplicated plus the sightseeing spots found of course.

The most efficient way to get the medals is scouting 3 lvl 1-9 Blades to your team and go kill a high level monster so they get the max exp, and then release them and repeat.

Needing to have the medals is pretty stupid.

Just another unnecessary layer of inconvenience.

It's what the game does best. :)

Regiruler

Is there a way to manually select which appendage you're targeting or is it only proximity base. Running around like an idiot to get something to lock on to is annoying when fighting a mechanoids, especially Zu Pharg.

Appendage erosion is an amazing skill though, jesus. One of the best parts about being mastermind.

About to hit a stage I've been pretty nervous about hitting so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm getting to grips with most of the systems in place nicely now but I'm very close to getting a skell and from what I've heard they have an insurance limit. Problem is it took me two days just to get to the point where I could maybe buy a frame, let alone equip it well or insure it. So I've been debating bypassing the skell for quite a while and waiting until I have a number of millions to pool from.

See thing is I'm dying a whole lot. Half the time I end up dying because some random monster on a warpath comes flying out of nowhere and catches me in range, usually one shotting me. I don't have anywhere near enough money to come back from that if that were to happen in a skell, hell I can only afford a single skell frame at best. What happens though if it did? Are you basically stuck grinding for cash for days? Is the Skell permanently lost?

I wanna look forward to getting these things but I'm getting the feeling I'll be lucky if I can maintain one since I'm getting my ass kicked so regularly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
About to hit a stage I've been pretty nervous about hitting so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm getting to grips with most of the systems in place nicely now but I'm very close to getting a skell and from what I've heard they have an insurance limit. Problem is it took me two days just to get to the point where I could maybe buy a frame, let alone equip it well or insure it. So I've been debating bypassing the skell for quite a while and waiting until I have a number of millions to pool from.

See thing is I'm dying a whole lot. Half the time I end up dying because some random monster on a warpath comes flying out of nowhere and catches me in range, usually one shotting me. I don't have anywhere near enough money to come back from that if that were to happen in a skell, hell I can only afford a single skell frame at best. What happens though if it did? Are you basically stuck grinding for cash for days? Is the Skell permanently lost?

I wanna look forward to getting these things but I'm getting the feeling I'll be lucky if I can maintain one since I'm getting my ass kicked so regularly.

Each skell has 3 free revivals, that number can be extended if you get a perfect on the soul voice that triggers when it runs out of health and before it dies.

Wichu

I still haven't figured out how to change lock on targets in this game. I know you can do it in xeno 1.

R + Y/A to cycle left/right respectively. Or just rotate the camera so your current target is off screen and press R again to reset to an on-screen target.

- You can't buy a skell that you can use until you hit level 30.
- Skells have better survivability and defense then on foot (until the postgame atleast), and you can escape enemies very very easily (much more so than on foot).
- Eventually, money loses all value for postgame gear and you'll have more than you know what to do with.
- You can join prospectors, get the salvage tickets from the daily rewards and never worry about wrecking your skell ever again.

edit: and like B-dubs said you get a soul voice QTE that gives you a chance to salvage it for free (no insurance use)

just be sure to save often and you'll be fine. Remember that saves in this game bring you to the exact location you saved (just like the previous game).

random25

Woah you guys weren't kidding with the Ares 90. I just soloed Ignit the Ultimate Chaos with this thing. It's ridiculous. Too bad it can't be customized.

Woah you guys weren't kidding with the Ares 90. I just soloed Ignit the Ultimate Chaos with this thing. It's ridiculous. Too bad it can't be customized.

Yes but it can be augmented. Load it up with ether attack up on the frame and weapon power on the cannon and it only gets better from there.

Each skell has 3 free revivals, that number can be extended if you get a perfect on the soul voice that triggers when it runs out of health and before it dies.

- You can't buy a skell that you can use until you hit level 30.
- Skells have better survivability and defense then on foot (until the postgame atleast), and you can escape enemies very very easily (much more so than on foot).
- Eventually, money loses all value for postgame gear and you'll have more than you know what to do with.
- You can join prospectors, get the salvage tickets from the daily rewards and never worry about wrecking your skell ever again.

edit: and like B-dubs said you get a soul voice QTE that gives you a chance to salvage it for free (no insurance use)

just be sure to save often and you'll be fine. Remember that saves in this game bring you to the exact location you saved (just like the previous game).

Thanks! That sounds pretty manageable actually, especially with the tickets since I've just been stockpiling them so far. I'll be surprised if I manage to avoid wrecking through the QTE unfortunately since I seem to be really unreliable with that. I seem to be completely missing a lot of them since I'm busy going through the arts and watching for the refill.

hiryu64

Hmm I just found my 11th storage probe. I thought 10 was the max?
From what I can gather, 11 is the max, unless there are more hiding from me. I'm more interested in where the hell I can find more booster probes, as I only have a G1 and two G2s.
I'm pretty sure nobody ever needs you to earn 200k in one cycle. There is a quest with Tobias in where you have to give him some money.

But if you want 200k from on FN cycle you're going to have Caludros on top of Oblivia with the same principle of duplicator on area with 4 nodes surrounded by booster and research and you're just going to have to find research probes around the world. A Japanese wiki seems to have a good list.

It isn't really combos that are important but having the high grade sightseeing spots duplicated plus the sightseeing spots found of course.
To add to this, here is my current probe setup. I'm nearing capacity on my earning potential, and hopefully those boosters I mentioned should help push me higher. It's still fun to try to squeeze as much out of the probes as possible.

Primordia
bckdV2z.jpg

Noctilum South
h4YUAhr.jpg

Noctilum North
x4VZk6A.jpg

Oblivia
Q2t0vbo.jpg

Sylvalum
KS0Z3xn.jpg

Cauldros
M8HBsm3.jpg

I have most of the research and mining probes I'll get, I think. Most remaining probes are likely from quests.

paolo11

Question. If data probe FN101 has a mining probe and I change that probe to research, will I lose that mining probe or do I get it back?

random25

Question. If data probe FN101 has a mining probe and I change that probe to research, will I lose that mining probe or do I get it back?

You'll get it back. You can replace any probe without losing it.

Yes but it can be augmented. Load it up with ether attack up on the frame and weapon power on the cannon and it only gets better from there.

Yeah the augments really makes it even better. Just wish I can put some more into this thing. But there's a lvl.60 frame for that so I'll make some of those too.

Dimmle

The difficulty curve in this game is on point. If I can get thrashed by a boss, review my performance, re-spec my party, and win on the second attempt, that's a pretty nice balance.

Somnid

On chapter 12 and I still don't completely understand the multiplayer stuff. I hear stuff unlocks endgame so maybe that's my issue but the following are still head scratchers:

I never get salvage tickets for my division rewards. Can I do anything or is it just based on team activity?

In the Arms Manufacturers terminal you can develop new weapons but these always take Telethia items. Does that mean it's post-game only?

Some things require boss material drops but you only fight the boss once. Do you have to use tickets for these items?

rhandino

Banned
I never get salvage tickets for my division rewards. Can I do anything or is it just based on team activity?
Salvage Tickets are granted to the Division that manages to get #1 spot in division activity each day... so Prospectors =/

In the Arms Manufacturers terminal you can develop new weapons but these always take Telethia items. Does that mean it's post-game only?
You can buy Telethia items from the console inside the BLADE Barracks using Reward Tickets.

Some things require boss material drops but you only fight the boss once. Do you have to use tickets for these items?
You can buy them using tickets but I heard that after each boss chapter you have the ability to replay them and gain more drops... I need to check this one tbh.

Regiruler

Salvage Tickets are granted to the Division that manages to get #1 spot in division activity each day... so Prospectors =/

You can buy Telethia items from the console inside the BLADE Barracks using Reward Tickets.

You can buy them using tickets but I heard that after each boss chapter you have the ability to replay them and gain more drops... I need to check this one tbh.

You can refight some of them in time trial mode. I wish it was more of a challenge mode though because it's really just a DPS spam.

random25

On chapter 12 and I still don't completely understand the multiplayer stuff. I hear stuff unlocks endgame so maybe that's my issue but the following are still head scratchers:

If your division isn't Prospector don't expect the top reward lol. It's based on overall activity of all the players online and the BLADE points they earn daily for their divison.

You can get Telethia items by reward tickets. Basically every material can be bought by reward tickets, even from bosses and tyrants you have never fought before. Also, some bosses can be fought in time trial mode (available in offline too) to farm materials from them.

ivysaur12

Banned
From what I can gather, 11 is the max, unless there are more hiding from me. I'm more interested in where the hell I can find more booster probes, as I only have a G1 and two G2s.

To add to this, here is my current probe setup. I'm nearing capacity on my earning potential, and hopefully those boosters I mentioned should help push me higher. It's still fun to try to squeeze as much out of the probes as possible.

I have most of the research and mining probes I'll get, I think. Most remaining probes are likely from quests.

This is super helpful. Thank you!

Maebe

That ice-cream box quest sure got dark fast. And that water purification plant quest. Why do they start out so light hearted then go full resident evil.

Persona7

Banned
Is anyone else experiencing freezing when opening menus or is my disk bad? it has happened to me like 5 times since I got the game and every single one happened while in a menu. maybe I should reinstall the data packs

Is anyone else experiencing freezing when opening menus or is my disk bad? it has happened to me like 5 times since I got the game and every single one happened while in a menu. maybe I should reinstall the data packs

There's a known bug where going into the affinity chart can lock your game, maybe that is what you are experiencing?

JCX

What level were you al in chapter 12? I'm in the mid 40's and some of the normal enemies are destroying my level 30 heavy skells.

shoplifter

Any way to turn down the sound notification for when you target a different part of an enemy's body? I want to poke my ears with a toothpick when i hear it 30 times in a single fight.

Malus

Just turned on the game and I'm trying to find the intel for A False Hope affinity mission still. Immediately I find a couple heart to hearts randomly in the commercial district.

...I'm 195 hours into this game, how is there still so much to discover naturally? I thought by now I'd just be checklisting the last few straggling details.

edit: Just found another heart to heart and finally discovered the intel!

I think on the whole I like XBC more than XCX. I tend to think some of the minute-to-minute writing in XBC is a mess, but the overall story, now that I liked a lot. I like XCX's story too, but
it's just so incomplete.

Summary:

Story: XBC> XCX
Gameplay: XCX> XBC
Music: XBC>>> XCX
Sidequests: XCX>>>>> XBC
Premise/setting/concept: XBC>>>>>>>>>>>>>XCX

I actually like XCX's premise/setting/concept a lot...but it's really, really fucking hard to beat two gods frozen in battle deadlock with whole worlds living on them. It's probably one of my favourite premises of anything ever.

Now to figure out this level 60 Skell noise and make some overpowered stuff.

I'd go:

Story: XCX <<< XC
Characters: XCX << XC

Gameplay: XCX >>> XC
Level Design: XCX >>> XC
Art Direction: XCX > XC
Sidequests/side characters: XCX >>> XC

Music: XCX = XC (I know I'm in the minority on this lol)

I don't know if anything will be able to match the original as an experience for me, though. I went into it not really knowing what to expect, and got one of the greatest games ever. Now those expectations loom over everything else Monolith does.

Menthuss

Just did the affinity mission for Lara Nara where
some xeno lifeform I hadn't encountered yet was impersonating a BLADE operative
. The fact that there are aliens that can
shapeshift into humans is making me all paranoid of there being spies in BLADE.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just did the affinity mission for Lara Nara where
some xeno lifeform I hadn't encountered yet was impersonating a BLADE operative
. The fact that there are aliens that can
shapeshift into humans is making me all paranoid of there being spies in BLADE.

That quest spawns an entire chain dealing with that exact issue. There's also an affinity quest around that level that deals with it, I won't say which one but it's a good one.

Malus

Just another unnecessary layer of inconvenience.

It's what the game does best. :)

This game gets a lot of flack for being inconvenient, but its really equal to if not better than the original. Your character moves a lot faster, Skells streamline traversal (especially water traversal) significantly, the Return to Skell function makes grinding much easier, the map is far better (I can actually look at the map and move around at the same time, and the map tells you where treasure, tyrants, missions, heart to hearts, etc are).

Quests are handled better too. Basic quests can all be found in one place, and you can set quests as 'primary quests' which tells you what your objectives are on screen. It also shows you the location of the target NPC, enemy, and occasionally the collectible needed for the quest. Most quests can be found in NLA so you aren't scouring all the different villages (Frontier Village in particular was a huge pain). Shops are significantly streamlined, with all the arms manufacturers using one terminal, and the other shops being located in Armory Alley.

Then you've got the inventory. In the original you hit your limit very quickly and had to warp to a shop to sell stuff, otherwise you'd just have to leave chests all over the place. Now you can hold 99 of every collectible and they auto-sell. When you hit your limit for materials you can sell them straight from your menu.

This game gets a lot of flack for being inconvenient, but its really equal to if not better when compared to the original. Your character moves a lot faster, Skells streamline traversal (especially water traversal) significantly, the Return to Skell function makes grinding much easier, the map is far better (I can actually look at the map and move around at the same time, and the map tells you where treasure, tyrants, affinity missions, heart to hearts, etc are).

Quests are handled far better too. Basic quests can all be found in one place, and you can set quests as 'primary quests' which tells you what your objectives are on screen. It also shows you the location of the target NPC, enemy, and occasionally the collectible needed for the quest. Most quests can be found in NLA so you aren't scouring all the different villages (Frontier Village in particular was a huge pain). Shops are significantly streamlined, with all the arms manufacturers using one terminal, and the other shops being located in Armory Alley.

Then you've got the inventory. In the original you hit your limit very quickly and had to warp to a shop to sell stuff, otherwise you'd just have to leave chests all over the place. Now you can hold 99 of every collectible and they auto-sell. When you hit your limit for materials you can sell them straight from your menu.

Oh, I know all that. I've been through XBC more than once. There are lots of good convenience measures in XCX. There are just also lots of baffling decisions.

Regiruler

Is it possible to unlock skells developed by an AM other than sakuraba? I maxed Orphean and got jackshit.

Are skell schematics an endgame thing?

Dineren

Banned
Is it possible to unlock skells developed by an AM other than sakuraba? I maxed Orphean and got jackshit.

Are skell schematics an endgame thing?

You can get a few before the end.
I believe each DLC character gives you one schematic once you complete their final affinity quest.

Regiruler

Why couldn't the revenue and miranium drop be twice as frequent with half the amount. It's annoying when two miranium incomes cause you to go over.

Top Bottom