• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

boxter432

150h in and this is the first time I'm seeing this huge mf. D:

R5vNKde.jpg

yeah I recently got attacked...i think I was doing a tyrant mission, and the yellow area on the map was transparent, meaning I was either above or below the correct spot (turns out the tyrant I was hunting was underneath the main path I was on...so I flew up up waiting for the yellow to turn dark, instead I get Aggro'd by an unseen monster...change my view and that things is opening/preparing to attack...

I wish I would have read that yesterday. Everyone on internet told me to farm Ares 90, got it yesterday, but seems I can't even change the weapons? (idk, I'm lv59 right now)
Well, will give it to Lin.

The Ares90 can do the job 90% of the time. Superweapon 60 skells are way easier to get once you get an Ares90. You can probably farm a full team of Ares90 before you get 1 fully geared up superweapon skell going. If you want your life to be easier, just get the 90's first

hiryu64

So is there any reason to_NOT_be apart of Prospectors?

For dedicated BLADE leveling, as well as a quick shot of credits, you can go Curators and head to FN 224 in Noctilum, driving around in your Skell and grabbing collectibles worth 5 BLADE XP a pop. If you're efficient, you can rack up 25k BLADE XP per hour, give or take a few thousand. This also works well for credits since they auto-sell once you hit 99. At best, you can pull in 1.5 to 1.8 million credits per hour of dedicated farming. Check this video for more info. And here's how to get to said cave. There are two sites on the far east of the northern half of Noctilum--it's the southern hexagon. You have to drive into the cave past some tough enemies to get there, but the tyrant in the center won't bother you once you're in. You do, however, have to keep moving, as some Petramands will come out of the ground if you stay in one place too long.

The downside is that it's a grind. Prospectors is nice because it's largely set-it-and-forget-it, especially if you have your mining probes set to prioritize resource extraction. You get 150 BLADE XP per haul, so it adds up very quickly.

Is Ares 90 pure postgame?

I'm trying to follow this thread a bit but I haven't started Chapter 8 yet because I've been doing other missions.

WarAdept

Man this game. 50 hours in and still haven't done Chapter 5. Running around, exploring, trying to get Data Probes installed, levelling all the characters that I have to 20 for their respective classes, trying to fill out the collectopedia....

That being said, I just did Chapter 4 and the boss got pummeled into submission. Am I going to regret the rest of the story due to how much time I'm spending levelling and basically getting super powerful from doing sidequests?

I'm assuming getting a Skell is still a far ways off.

massoluk

Banned
So is there any reason to_NOT_be apart of Prospectors?

Seriously, I was disappointed. I joined Prospectors the day I got Xenoblade because I thought it would be the unique one, thinking people would want to be a Harrier or some other division. I didn't imagine everyone would just give up and wholesale migrated to the winning team.

But I ain't moving, I'm here first damnit, First generation Prospector.
=|

hiryu64

Seriously, I was disappointed. I joined Prospectors the day I got Xenoblade because I thought it would be the unique one, thinking people would want to be a Harrier or some other division. I didn't imagine everyone would just give up and wholesale migrate to the winning team.

But I ain't moving, I'm here first damnit, First generation Prospector.
=|

It's too easy to get BLADE points with Prospectors. 150 per haul? They didn't even think about how that would stack in the late- to post-game.

... Although, I doubt they were concerned with that kind of balance in the first place.

Malus

a false hope affinity mission spoilers

WTF ORNELLA. I THOUGHT THE DEFINIANS WERE IMPERSONATING HER TOO, BUT SHE'S BEEN KILLING AND SELLING HOPE'S CLIENTS ON THE BLACK MARKET? WTFFFFF.

Gambit

Finally got my skell and reached Lvl.

Which skell should I get for me and my party members?

Advice? or simply my choice?

Timeaisis

Ugh so I really have to grind
Gwin's affinity
for Chapter 11?

That is completely pointless filler crap. I don't understand what some of you see in this game. Something stupid is introduced every time I play, I swear to god.

a false hope affinity mission spoilers

WTF ORNELLA. I THOUGHT THE DEFINIANS WERE IMPERSONATING HER TOO, BUT SHE'S BEEN KILLING AND SELLING HOPE'S CLIENTS ON THE BLACK MARKET? WTFFFFF.

I was kinda disappointed that she turned out to be evil. Between her and the pizza dude and Lao and Alex and others it's like everybody just wants to be a huge dick to everyone.

Malus

Gwin's affinity
for Chapter 11?

That is completely pointless filler crap. I don't understand what some of you see in this game. Something stupid is introduced every time I play, I swear to god.

It's one heart lol. You can easily do it by playing some Normal missions, which are hardly filler crap.

Vena

Gwin's affinity
for Chapter 11?

A single heart is easy to get with normal missions if he's with you, it takes like 3 or 4 missions if you get zero Soul Voices, levels, or battles along the way.

Leiru

Gwin's affinity
for Chapter 11?

Yeah luckily i saw one of the free reports saying to grind gwins affinity, I think doing affinity missions is the fastest way

Malus

Yeah luckily i saw one of the free reports saying to grind gwins affinity, I think doing affinity missions is the fastest way

It'd probably be easier to do Normal misssions since you can easily gather a bunch of them at once.

thomaser

Obviously something that includes Sliding Slinger. I don't know why anyone would want to go more than 2 minutes without hearing about a Sliding Slinger.

I had a fight recently where I used Sliding Slinger, directly followed by Emma using Sliding Slinger, directly followed by a third Sliding Slinger from Phog. All within two seconds. A proper little Sliding Slinger party, that was.

So, is here a hands down best character build in terms of arts/skills?

ether blossom dance build and/or anything that gets you into infinite overdrive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-0jssqB98A (nsfw fashion gear)
Personally i've been working on a reflect+overdrive photon saber build.

for skells there are various options that mostly revolve around emphasizing the element of a super weapon, but the zenith cannon build is generally considered to be the best. It can one-shot everything except the Telethia, which has to be 2-shot killed due to a damage cap.

Vena

for skells there are various options that mostly revolve around emphasizing the element of a super weapon, but the zenith cannon build is generally considered to be the best. It can one-shot everything except the Telethia, which has to be 2-shot killed due to a damage cap.

I don't think it really matters here. All of the "cannon" super weapons can do this. Its just that the Hyper Rail has access to easy stat modifiers for Boost.PHYS from the Amdusias's armor from Frame-60. But you need to craft a Mastema to actually get the absurd R.Att / R.Acc values to scale off of, and the necessary Potential to make the Overdrive damage high enough to damage cap (it needs to be the Mastema Overdrive, I believe, for its special damage modifier boost for R.Att). The light frames can reach some absurd levels of Potential but they lose out on the Frame-60 armors not favoring elements like the heavies, and they'll have net lower R.Att as they are more of a mixed bag but will have untouchable evasion values.

You can pretty much do the same thing with the Black Hole Cannon if you can find the armor for it, which will have to come from drops, or crafting a lot of Boost.GRAV augments and getting good Boost.GRAV weapon drops (of which there are many).

Ultrafauna have 50 Resistance to every element anyway.

Neiteio

Luxaar's Xern. It's existence is to make you remember that there is no true freedom even though you can fly.
So I think I've seen a good chunk of Syvalum but I never saw even a hint of this monster. Granted, I don't have a Skell. Does it only appear when you fly? Does it live in the sky or does it conceal itself in the ground?

This freakin' game.

So, is here a hands down best character build in terms of arts/skills?
For damagr? While some people like to think there is and some might be easier to attain than others you have to look at the common trends of powerful builds and those are:
-Getting into and staying in overdrive for massively reduced cooldowns, the tertiary cooldowns and other boosts.
-One of your two weapons will be dealing damage (the other weapon is for some key arts and augments).
-TP arts are used. That means up your potential stat using weapons, armour and augments.
-Skill usage will tend to have cooldown reduction for combos and damage boost for combos. This reinforces using one weapon for damage.
-Auras are very useful. They come with good buffs and can activate aura rapid cooldown if you have it.

Dual guns and longsword are popular. There being two skills that boost ether damage and a very powerful longsword of ether element is part of this.

No matter what you do you're going to need a lot of augments and the right armour and weapons too which makes it annoying that the game doesn't clearly state what augments can be built into what as you never know if you're grinding for something that simply doesn't exist :(

For durability? While reflect+reflect augments might make you think you're completely invincible it turns out some attacks ignore reflect.

Top Bottom