• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Is there a way to recharge weapons or something as kazuma?

You can buy repair kits from certain merchants. You can also go to a weapons shop in the middle of the map (only unlocks after you've unlocked it for Majima) to repair your equipment.

It also replenishes ammunition for guns.

Menitta

You can buy repair kits from certain merchants. You can also go to a weapons shop in the middle of the map (only unlocks after you've unlocked it for Majima) to repair your equipment.

One time before a story bit, I just bought a shitload of guns because I didn't know about repair kits. When I was having trouble with a fight I was like "Oh yeah! I have guns!" And won.

I'm on Ch. 7 now and it's really hard to go out on the town and do fun stuff when
I've got a traumatized woman locked up in a warehouse

I really don't like the Rush stance. It does such little damage, and has barely any useful heat moves.

When
the Yakuza were chasing me
in Ch. 6, that's the main style that saved me. Rush and its quickstep is great for dealing with multiple enemies, especially once you upgrade to the skill that lets you quickstep in the middle of a rush combo.

Geeky

I really like Pocket Circuit racing. It's very fun to just mess around with parts a tracks.

I can easily see it being something they could make a whole mobile game out of.

Oh great! That's good to know, guess i have to progress with Majima some more then. Thanks.

So I've started seeing Yakuza 0 banner ads on some sites now. Guess it's sold better than usual if they've started rolling out a marketing campaign?

I can easily see it being something they could make a whole mobile game out of.

Cabaret Czar Mobile.

Bite sized few minute chunks of "manage cabaret" game.
Same approach but for small screen.
Stamina meter for your hostesses per session.
Pay real money to quickly regain stamina.
Hostess recruitment system via telephone card gacha.
Each hostess has A/B/C cards which unlocks a video for collectors.
All hostesses based off... popular JAV actresses as per Yakuza norm.

I'l take a 5% royalty on all transaction for this idea, Nagoshi.

-GJ-

I'm playing through this game with a friend and we're in chapter 10 now. But we can't seem to figure out how to buy property for the real estate stuff. It's really bothering us since we can't progress some friendships and other elements of the game. We've been looking for a way to buy property since chapter 2? At least from the moment where you can start investing. We feel really dumb right now, haha.

I'm playing through this game with a friend and we're in chapter 10 now. But we can't seem to figure out how to buy property for the real estate stuff. It's really bothering us since we can't progress some friendships and other elements of the game. We've been looking for a way to buy property since chapter 2? At least from the moment where you can start investing. We feel really dumb right now, haha.

There are select buildings in respective areas where there'll be a (press X) prompt, Those are the cue that they are the purchasable properties,

-GJ-

There are select buildings in respective areas where there'll be a (press X) prompt, Those are the cue that they are the purchasable properties,
We know that much. We just aren't able to find those properties I guess :/. There's a list in the Business menu with aquireable properties, but none of the buildings we walk up to have the X prompt.

edit: Sushi Gin is the only one we're able to purchase, but we need to build up the friendship with the owner first. Are we just looking in the wrong places?

Vexii

MammothUnitedAndeancat.gif

I ain't ever worried about Mr. Shakedown these days, I can beat him easily. Plus I have the item that lets you see encounters so I can pick and choose if need be.

Menitta

I ain't ever worried about Mr. Shakedown these days, I can beat him easily. Plus I have the item that lets you see encounters so I can pick and choose if need be.

Now that I unlocked the
Dragon of Dojima style
i should try again. I haven't been able to beat him at level 4.

xclk07

Anyone?
This is in the main menu when you hit start.

Some of this is modified by the CP rewards. For instance, Shakedown and CP. Not 100% sure of the other ones though... I think there is some equipment that modifies money earned, but don't know about weapons doing the same.

Desmond

Thankfully they killed the AI in Kiwami though, so all but one battle is a complete pushover to win. Its still garbage, but its easy garbage.
To be fair, all of the raise x amount of money in y CP objectives can go get lost IMHO. So much time wasted trying to get some of these.

I'm not sure if the previous games let you do this, but I appreciate that all the arcade games have an optional scanline filter. It's not a great one, but it's better than nothing and certainly not something I'd take for granted.

So is there really any reason not to start collection whenever you aren't in the process of one? The collecting part is I think the only thing that confuses me about the real estate stuff.

Kyrios

So I have 100% share in the Gambling King's territory and nothing is triggering to completely take him out.

I guess I need to progress through the story some more? There a minigame that I haven't unlocked?

I'm still on Chapter 6 and didn't do anything storywise once I got access to the real estate stuff.

Geeky

So I have 100% share in the Gambling King's territory and nothing is triggering to completely take him out.

I guess I need to progress through the story some more? There a minigame that I haven't unlocked?

I'm still on Chapter 6 and didn't do anything storywise once I got access to the real estate stuff.

Did you not unlock the catfight lounge? His first challenge comes from that. The guy who taught you to throw money tells you about it. Its near the SEGA arcade in the Northwest part of Kamurocho.

Kyrios

Did you not unlock the catfight lounge? His first challenge comes from that. The guy who taught you to throw money tells you about it. Its near the SEGA arcade in the Northwest part of Kamurocho.

Nope never unlocked that. Is that through story progression?

Jeez, I haven't even touched the real estate and Cabaret(?) side activities and I can already tell I'm gonna spent some time to do those. Just been knocking out side stories so far on chapter 4.

Geeky

Nope never unlocked that. Is that through story progression?

You need to continue the story a little bit if you haven't learned the skill
to throw money and distract enemies

After that you are told about the mini game location.

To be fair, all of the raise x amount of money in y CP objectives can go get lost IMHO. So much time wasted trying to get some of these.

All of them were pretty easy for me, managed to get all of them done fairly quick, but for the couple that did take longer (baseball and bowling) I really enjoyed the challenges in each mini game. I just cheesed Cat Fighting by saving directly before starting it, betting the max amount possible, then if I won I'd clear all the CP challenges at once, if I lost I just reloaded my save and nothing was lost.

I think I'm in Chapter 4 with Majima and I finally took on Mr. Shakedown and won! Had to use a bunch of health items and a crap ton of dodging, but I felt accomplished grabbing his 8000000.

I'm guessing it's much later in the game (or maybe I'm not doing enough side stuff) that you start to get more money, because those upgrades are expensive.

Top Bottom